Jokic's efficiency drop

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

Cubbies2120
Head Coach
And1: 8,750

Re: Jokic's efficiency drop 

Post#21 » by Cubbies2120 » Sat Dec 23, 2023 1:03 am

One Last Shot wrote:Wouldn't care much about it tbh. I think they will defend their title if Jamal Murray remain healthy like last Playoffs. All I want is a healthy playoffs for every stars just for once. I don't want to see another Jokic hater throwing shades that Nuggets only won because the top contenders got injured, that they only won because 3 of the 4 teams they faced in the playoffs comes from Play-in that they basically won 3 first round of playoffs and 1 semifinals series enroute to NBA title.

:lol: :lol: :lol: This is such an "Embiid" stan comment it's hilarious.

Let me rephrase that for you:

"Jokic took out a top 2 GOAT in LeBron, a top 15 GOAT in Durant, a surging Minnesota team that's currently 1st in the West this season, and a Heat team that took out the Celtics and 76ers on their run" ... all while averaging a triple double during the run. 8-)
One Last Shot
Starter
And1: 2,966

Post#22 » by One Last Shot » Sat Dec 23, 2023 1:24 am

Cubbies2120 wrote:
One Last Shot wrote:Wouldn't care much about it tbh. I think they will defend their title if Jamal Murray remain healthy like last Playoffs. All I want is a healthy playoffs for every stars just for once. I don't want to see another Jokic hater throwing shades that Nuggets only won because the top contenders got injured, that they only won because 3 of the 4 teams they faced in the playoffs comes from Play-in that they basically won 3 first round of playoffs and 1 semifinals series enroute to NBA title.

"Jokic took out a top 2 GOAT in LeBron, a top 15 GOAT in Durant, a surging Minnesota team that's currently 1st in the West this season, and a Heat team that took out the Celtics and 76ers on their run" ... all while averaging a triple double during the run. 8-)

Dude, I don't know what you're up to but I'm more of a Jokic fan than an Embiid fan.

One Last Shot wrote:First team to 4peat since Russell Celtics if Murray can stay healthy for the next 3 years. Jokic will be the undisputed GOAT winning atleast 7 rings before he retires.

That's my opinion months ago and I will stand by it as long as Jamal won't get hurt.

https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2313417&hilit=4peat

I'm just annoyed with some posters who keeps repeating the narrative that they beat 3 play-in teams, that other contenders will just pick-and-roll Jokic to death on his way to cancun. I just hope for a healthy playoffs to everyone else this season, an undisputed title to Jokic this year that those Joker haters will admit that they are wrong. It's not impossible to be a fan of both Jokic and Embiid, I'm not a stan of anyone.
Ritzo
Sixth Man
And1: 2,368

Post#23 » by Ritzo » Sat Dec 23, 2023 2:20 am

Jokic gained like 50 lbs after winning the title.
KyRo23
Lead Assistant
And1: 12,345

Post#24 » by KyRo23 » Sat Dec 23, 2023 2:37 am

He will be fine. It's tough to keep going hard regular season after regular season including long playoff runs. Let the man pace himself
Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,456

Post#25 » by Papi_swav » Sat Dec 23, 2023 2:40 am

No he's just bored right now. He'll be fine and ramp it up come playoffs
Roger Murdock
RealGM
And1: 4,890

Post#26 » by Roger Murdock » Sat Dec 23, 2023 2:59 am

76ers fans love taking victory laps during the winter, every single one except Eyeatoma disappears during the playoffs though.

Hibernation time for Embiid fans. They fatten up Dec-Feb so they can sleep through the playoffs
Cubbies2120
Head Coach

Post#27 » by Cubbies2120 » Sat Dec 23, 2023 2:59 am

Jokic with a 31/11/7/3/2 (0 turnovers) game, +29 (sadly only a 5 point win).

Oh, he shot an inefficient 71/100/100 FG/3PT/FT.

Great timing on the thread, OP!
Cubbies2120
Head Coach

Post#28 » by Cubbies2120 » Sat Dec 23, 2023 3:00 am

Roger Murdock wrote:76ers fans love taking victory laps during the winter, every single one except Eyeatoma disappears during the playoffs though.

Hibernation time for Embiid fans. They fatten up Dec-Feb so they can sleep through the playoffs

Eyeatoma at least sticks around and takes his plate of crow :D I gotta give him credit for that. He never disappears.
Roger Murdock
RealGM
And1: 4,890

Post#29 » by Roger Murdock » Sat Dec 23, 2023 3:02 am

Cubbies2120 wrote:
Roger Murdock wrote:76ers fans love taking victory laps during the winter, every single one except Eyeatoma disappears during the playoffs though.

Eyeatoma at least sticks around and takes his plate of crow :D I gotta give him credit for that. He never disappears.

Absolutely, he’s a true fan through thick and thin. He stuck it out like a champ; it obviously wasn’t easy on him

Has Hussein Fatal ever made a post on this board between April and September?
1993Playoffs
Analyst
And1: 3,622

Post#30 » by 1993Playoffs » Sat Dec 23, 2023 3:07 am

Came back down to earth, still great though
eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 11,711

Post#31 » by eyeatoma » Sat Dec 23, 2023 5:39 am

This made me lol.

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk
NZB2323
RealGM
And1: 8,128

Post#32 » by NZB2323 » Sat Dec 23, 2023 5:53 am

It’s crazy that his shooting efficiency has dropped and it’s still above 60% TS%. Bird had 2 seasons where his TS% was above 60%.

Meanwhile his turnovers are way down.
HotRocks34
RealGM
And1: 18,494

Post#33 » by HotRocks34 » Sat Dec 23, 2023 6:34 am

Jokic and the Nuggets hit bottom 8 games ago at home against the Rockets.

It was the second straight game in which Jokic shot poorly (at least for much of the game) and despite a late comeback, Denver got mauled and had their first loss at home.

Following the Houston loss, Denver's offense has become a bit less Jokic-centric. The thinking seems to be that if he's not going to get calls then the team needs to feed him a bit less and give the defense more looks.

Since then, Denver is 6-1 which includes a 4-0 road record (they are not a good road team).

In this stretch, Jokic had an 8/9/7 game in a win over the Mavs. He took just 8 shots.

Denver is currently on pace for around 54 wins (20-10). The most games they've ever won in a season since Jokic arrived is 54. At this point last year they were 19-11.

Long term, all of these roadblocks are going to help Denver. Jokic will probably get a better whistle in the playoffs than he's getting now, which is the opposite case from most players. Denver having to expand its offense will give it more ways to play in the postseason and it's making individual players besides Jokic grow their games and accept more responsibility. The young bench is making large strides.

The key to everything is that Jokic is accepting the situation rather than fighting it. He's been really ticked off about the reffing this year and he's been tossed from a couple of games for it, but now he seems at peace and isn't whining about things like scoring just 8 points. If he wasn't like this, everything would collapse.

Anyways, Denver has regained their groove. Jokic is slowly working through how to attack the newest schemes against him while not blowing up at the refs.

Denver is methodically plugging along, just slightly under the radar, but in increasingly good position to defend its title.

The more adversity now, the bigger the payoff come the playoffs.
** Luka made The Finals without Brunson
** Embiid is the only MVP in NBA history to never make a conference final
** Philly won multiple playoff games without MVP Embiid
** LeBron missed the playoffs with Davis
** Steph missed the playoffs with Klay
Cavsfansince84
RealGM
And1: 10,432

Post#34 » by Cavsfansince84 » Sat Dec 23, 2023 6:41 am

If this were 1992 and realgm were a thing we'd be seeing the same threads about MJ. His efficiency went from 60.5 ts in 91 to 57.9 then to 56.4 in 93. It happens after guys win titles. Their overall effort usually starts to drop off some in the rs. He could still turn it up in the playoffs when it mattered. Jokic just had 1 really bad 3 game stretch(by his standards).
KGtabake
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,647

Post#35 » by KGtabake » Sat Dec 23, 2023 8:30 am

Sgt Major wrote:Fat **** dicstorship supporter

That's so unnecessary.
Messi. Jordan. Ali. Bolt. Senna. Serena. Karelin. Phelps. Rossi. Suleymanoglou. The GOATs.
Sofia
GOTB: Mean Girls
And1: 31,093

Post#36 » by Sofia » Sat Dec 23, 2023 9:05 am

art_tatum wrote:He's like opposite embiid. Embiid dominating with more usage. Joker eff dropping. Playoffs embiid disappearing, joker dominating.
Opposite body type and personality
And where they are from.... actually Serbia and Philly is the same culturally.

jebote, Serbia doesn’t throw batteries at Santa
Founder - Wembanyama GOAT club - waitlist registrations being accepted

President of the Pharmcat Fanclub
President of the GreatWhiteStiff Fanclub
Cubbies2120
Head Coach

Post#37 » by Cubbies2120 » Sat Dec 23, 2023 11:48 am

HotRocks34 wrote:Jokic and the Nuggets hit bottom 8 games ago at home against the Rockets.

It was the second straight game in which Jokic shot poorly (at least for much of the game) and despite a late comeback, Denver got mauled and had their first loss at home.

Following the Houston loss, Denver's offense has become a bit less Jokic-centric. The thinking seems to be that if he's not going to get calls then the team needs to feed him a bit less and give the defense more looks.

Since then, Denver is 6-1 which includes a 4-0 road record (they are not a good road team).

In this stretch, Jokic had an 8/9/7 game in a win over the Mavs. He took just 8 shots.

Denver is currently on pace for around 54 wins (20-10). The most games they've ever won in a season since Jokic arrived is 54. At this point last year they were 19-11.

Long term, all of these roadblocks are going to help Denver. Jokic will probably get a better whistle in the playoffs than he's getting now, which is the opposite case from most players. Denver having to expand its offense will give it more ways to play in the postseason and it's making individual players besides Jokic grow their games and accept more responsibility. The young bench is making large strides.

The key to everything is that Jokic is accepting the situation rather than fighting it. He's been really ticked off about the reffing this year and he's been tossed from a couple of games for it, but now he seems at peace and isn't whining about things like scoring just 8 points. If he wasn't like this, everything would collapse.

Anyways, Denver has regained their groove. Jokic is slowly working through how to attack the newest schemes against him while not blowing up at the refs.

Denver is methodically plugging along, just slightly under the radar, but in increasingly good position to defend its title.

The more adversity now, the bigger the payoff come the playoffs.

Well said. He's like Duncan in that regard - WE not ME. Ready to do whatever is needed to win.

How many superstars do you see upping their FGA consistently, taking a backseat (< 15 shots a game!) last year, then upping it again? He conforms to whatever style wins games.

During this 6-1 streak, he has only shot 13.3 FGA. This is less than any season he has played as a full time starter (3rd season) :nod:

He has gotten it done in other ways though (21/10/8/2/1 with only 1.3 TURNOVERS A GAME), and his efficiency has skyrocketed (60/53/86 shooting splits). He also sets an incredible amount of screens during this stretch, even more than usual. He seems resigned to "Alright, I'm not getting obvious fouls called, let me just do whats needed to win, and the whistle will be correct in the playoffs".
hardenASG13
Analyst
And1: 1,447

Post#38 » by hardenASG13 » Sat Dec 23, 2023 1:01 pm

Cubbies2120 wrote:

Yeah Lebron and KD are in their primes too, right? And that Suns team, man, they had a playoff caliber rotation for sure, didn't they? Minnesota wasn't surging at all last year, they were a .500 team all season and without several key rotation players. The Heat (who didn't take out the 76ers, it was the Bucks) were banged up badly by the time they got to the finals and their role players came crashing down to earth. They weren't the same team they were in the earlier rounds, clear as day if you watched those rounds. They were far from a finals caliber team in that series. Do you disagree?

Believe it or not, not every post is fueled by a love for embiid or a hate of Jokic. Some people like other players. Some are neutral, like myself, and are just NBA fans. Jokic can be awesome while the fact that Denver beat 3 play in teams and a scrub Suns team remains true. Are you close friends with Jokic or something?
losmi
Junior
And1: 589

Post#39 » by losmi » Sat Dec 23, 2023 1:49 pm

hardenASG13 wrote:
Cubbies2120 wrote:

Yeah Lebron and KD are in their primes too, right? And that Suns team, man, they had a playoff caliber rotation for sure, didn't they? Minnesota wasn't surging at all last year, they were a .500 team all season and without several key rotation players. The Heat (who didn't take out the 76ers, it was the Bucks) were banged up badly by the time they got to the finals and their role players came crashing down to earth. They weren't the same team they were in the earlier rounds, clear as day if you watched those rounds. They were far from a finals caliber team in that series. Do you disagree?

Believe it or not, not every post is fueled by a love for embiid or a hate of Jokic. Some people like other players. Some are neutral, like myself, and are just NBA fans. Jokic can be awesome while the fact that Denver beat 3 play in teams and a scrub Suns team remains true. Are you close friends with Jokic or something?

Suns were favorites to win the West. Minnesota was a .500 team because of injuries. Against the Nuggets, they were missing only their 5th best player. Look at the same team this year, 1st seed. Lakers added some key rotation players and finished the regular season strong. They eliminated defending champs. Miami eliminated Bucks and Celtics.

Nugget's 16-4 was an all-time great playoff run.

Jokic was awesome. One of the best, if not the best, playoffs performances ever.

Jokic has been amazing in the playoffs every single year. Embiid has been garbage in the playoffs every single year.

All facts.
BelgradeNugget
Veteran
And1: 3,111

Post#40 » by BelgradeNugget » Sat Dec 23, 2023 2:34 pm

Sofia wrote:
art_tatum wrote:He's like opposite embiid. Embiid dominating with more usage. Joker eff dropping. Playoffs embiid disappearing, joker dominating.
Opposite body type and personality
And where they are from.... actually Serbia and Philly is the same culturally.

jebote, Serbia doesn’t throw batteries at Santa

:-? wouldn't bet on it. I know my people :roll: :lol:

Return to The General Board