No free pass for Lebron

Moderators: infinite11285, Domejandro, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77, cupcakesnake

LeBronSpaghetti
Junior
And1: 773

Re: No free pass for Lebron 

Post#21 » by LeBronSpaghetti » Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:44 pm

They lost one game on the road in perhaps the hardest arena to play at in the entire league and we’re seeing threads like this. Classic.

And yes, saying “he’s 39” is a totally appropriate response and not an excuse at all. Everything positive he does at this stage of his career is gravy. He is still an incredible player, but in an ideal world he wouldn’t have to do this much at this stage of his career.

If LA loses this series badly it’s not on LeBron. We don’t criticize Jordan for doing jack **** with the Wizards at the same age LeBron is now. But for LeBron we’ll light him up for losing to the defending champs and the best player in the world in his prime? Lol.
OdomFan
General Manager
And1: 6,657

Post#22 » by OdomFan » Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:46 pm

LeBronSpaghetti wrote:They lost one game on the road in perhaps the hardest arena to play at in the entire league and we’re seeing threads like this. Classic.

And yes, saying “he’s 39” is a totally appropriate response and not an excuse at all. Everything positive he does at this stage of his career is gravy. He is still an incredible player, but in an ideal world he wouldn’t have to do this much at this stage of his career.

If LA loses this series badly it’s not on LeBron. We don’t criticize Jordan for doing jack **** with the Wizards at the same age LeBron is now. But for LeBron we’ll light him up for losing to the defending champs and the best player in the world in his prime? Lol.

Jordan was doing very well until he got injured. thats what people either ignore or don't know/understand.
OdomFan
General Manager
And1: 6,657

Post#23 » by OdomFan » Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:50 pm

those same people keep saying every year. "oh if Lebron just gets 1 more ring he's the goat". if he doesn't get it he gets his free pass and they do it all over again the next year. to them the losing part doesn't matter, as long as he gets 6 rings they think that'll equal MJ. if his team losses its never his fault.

He was too young, he's too old now, he didn't have enough help. this guy didnt step up and play hard enough, the coach didn't draw up the right plays, etc."

Its best to let them do what they do.
LeBronSpaghetti
Junior
And1: 773

Post#24 » by LeBronSpaghetti » Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:51 pm

OdomFan wrote:
LeBronSpaghetti wrote:They lost one game on the road in perhaps the hardest arena to play at in the entire league and we’re seeing threads like this. Classic.

Jordan was doing very well until he got injured. thats what people either ignore or don't know/understand.

LOL. Your definition of Jordan doing “very well” at LeBron’s age would be an absolutely horrendous season for LeBron. If LeBron played the way Jordan did in the last two season of his career, people on here would be clowning him and saying this old bum needs to retire. But when it’s Jordan… the man could’ve stepped on the court and taken a dump at center court and people like you would be drooling all over him.
UcanUwill
RealGM
And1: 29,193

Post#25 » by UcanUwill » Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:58 pm

shi-woo wrote:I just find it crazy how the face of the league gives up on his team so easily. For those of us who've followed his entire career this is just a reoccuring theme, and it's nauseating.

Last night the discord I was in was crushing the announcers because the 1st half was a glaze fest for LeBron. "OMG that pass! OMG that 3pnt shot! OMG did you know hes 40! OMG he's screaming in DLo's face, what a leader! OMG that was the best bunny ears i've seen from a guy tying hi shoes!"

It gets annoying, and then it's crickets when the dude just shuts down. Passive aggressive and LeBron have been married since his early CLE days, and it's weird how he allows that to effect his team. It's like having a spouse that's mad at you but won't tell you why or want to talk about it. It just drains you, and is the exact opposite of leadership.

I just don't understand how he can consistently get away with it, nor do I understand why every other star like KD, Steph, Embiid, and Jokic all have to go to extraordinary lengths just to prove they belong at the head of the league.

I've seen this man quit on 4 teams now, and I 'm really curious to what his fans say about this, because it's undeniable at this point. When the going gets tough, LEBron gets weak.

He grabbed 2 gimme title in shortened seasons, and formed another superteam with 2 other All-NBA players to get his other best ring. I'm still left unimpressed by LeBron and how he's carried himself. Every year I hear how guys like KD are snakes, or how Jokic and Curry just aren't HIM, but every year with LeBron and his fans it's Bugs Bunny "WE NEED MORE HELP!"

Like for real, you have people in this thread saying stuff like "They’ve never recovered from losing Carusol" Like come on man. He left his home town team again with 2 ALL-NBA guys to team up with AD, who also quit on his team to play with LeBron in LA. He handpicked every player he plays with, but Alex freaking Caruso is the deal breaker for you guys? Trading for Westbrook the icing on the cake?

Jokic be out here creating a potential dynasty as the only All-star on his team, and a bunch of cast offs that no one else wanted. Imagine what he would be doing if he had 2 other Top 15 players on his team like LeBron has since 2011 :lol: It's just getting absurd, and I can't wait for this dude to retire so the Propaganda machine can leave with him (but we all know it's just going to ramp up and get worse, and these moments will get erased from history just like a certain nike hoops camp dunk)

Overall, Lebrons leadership worked, because he was easily best player on the planet, but that's about it. It is interesting to hear stories about his insane Basketball intelligence, and that generates respect, he also always been unselfish basketball player.

But overall, he quite clearly showed his true colors as poor leader numerous times. Guy is called LeGM for a reason, all his teammates are in trade rumors, he always uses his power to put pressure on management, and that would be fine, but to what detriment? before deadline, man flat out publicly said roster ain't that good. And even tho that might be true, I mean it is, but who does that? Bron acts he plays chess, but sometimes he really does not plan ahead much, or does not anticipate multiple outcomes. With that statement, and his comments how Bronnie could play for the team, does he really do not see how that's bad for morale? Dude had multiple chances to inspire the team when it was tough, and the guy does complete opposite every time. He is no longer best player in the world and s*** ain't work no more.

I will say that I can understand why media still loves him, since what he is doing at this age should be celebrated in my opinion, purely from Basketball perspective. Also, I don't know what you are watching or listening, cause to me, it feels like Jokic and Steph are two of the most celebrated players of the generation, they are definitely them, or HIM.

Steph always felt to me a bit overcelebrated. He overachieved and breaks all imaginable expectations ever set, he was not coming to the league with expectations to leave a legendary mark, but he did, and that helps. But he is often called player of generation, but he is also the guy who was not even finals MVP 3 out of 4 times he won. And to me that does not mean much, or anything, but imagine if LeBron had that, it would definitely be something haters and not even haters would talk about. Some people are really feel the need to dissect and point every flaw in some guys, but not others, I just don't like these fan hater narratives, that was all I was seeing on Facebook before I deleted the thing. Do not like the inconsistency.
Hair Jordan
Sophomore
And1: 478

Post#26 » by Hair Jordan » Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:59 pm

Yeah, Jordan didn’t have a top 75 player in his prime as a teammate. Slight difference :lol:
UcanUwill
RealGM
And1: 29,193

Post#27 » by UcanUwill » Sun Apr 21, 2024 2:05 pm

OdomFan wrote:those same people keep saying every year. "oh if Lebron just gets 1 more ring he's the goat". if he doesn't get it he gets his free pass and they do it all over again the next year. to them the winning part doesn't matter, but if his team losses its never his fault.

He was too young, he's too old now, he didn't have enough help. this guy didnt step up and play hard enough, the coach didn't draw up the right plays, etc."

Its best to let them do what they do.

I mean, if he does beat this west and beats the finals opponent, he might as well be a GOAT truly. Why is that hard to understand? Yes, if a legendary player does arguably the most legendary run of his career, it WILL MATTER, and if he doesn't. It WONT, because that is the expectation. Why is that hard to comprehend?

No one is saying him losing with Heat teams then he was in his prime didn't matter. Those were the times the loses mattered, man is way past his prime, yes, if he loses, it won't matter much, and if he wins, it will, since victories matter no matter what. If he was 39, 14th. man on a roster. Yes, then it wouldn't matter.
Godymas
Veteran
And1: 2,392

Post#28 » by Godymas » Sun Apr 21, 2024 2:16 pm

as great as LeBron has been for 39, his decline feels more apparent than ever. It isn’t as clear until a big moment pops up and he’s less efficient or he misses a shot/layup he would normally make. He isn’t the surgical machine he used to be, he’s more like a dependable old beater these days. Can get you from point A to B but you really aren’t sure if an issue might pop up.
Wingy
RealGM
And1: 5,088

Post#29 » by Wingy » Sun Apr 21, 2024 2:20 pm

I give him a pass (for real).

Of course they’re going to lose to the current best squad in the league.

It doesn’t do anything to diminish his status as the SGOAT.
EmpireFalls
Starter
And1: 3,825

Post#30 » by EmpireFalls » Sun Apr 21, 2024 2:21 pm

I don’t think he deserves a free pass, he played like one of the top 15 players in the league, which he is, just not one of the top 5, which he is not.
Wingy
RealGM

Post#31 » by Wingy » Sun Apr 21, 2024 2:27 pm

Godymas wrote:as great as LeBron has been for 39, his decline feels more apparent than ever. It isn’t as clear until a big moment pops up and he’s less efficient or he misses a shot/layup he would normally make. He isn’t the surgical machine he used to be, he’s more like a dependable old beater these days. Can get you from point A to B but you really aren’t sure if an issue might pop up.

Yup. I mean, the “Father Time is Undefeated” saying exists for a reason. It was very apparent on that steal, and near breakaway layin. We all know back in the day that would’ve been a crowd silencing/wowing, pump up his team monster jam.

As a person who will never, ever think he’s greater than Jordan - I’ve been thinking more and more lately that people should give the barbs a rest, wake up, and enjoy him while he’s still here. Comes with age maybe, but I’ve always found appreciation for even the greats I didn’t necessarily like after they were gone. We can realize that in the moment before Lebron has actually hung em up.
Tracymcgoaty
RealGM
And1: 16,331

Post#32 » by Tracymcgoaty » Sun Apr 21, 2024 2:29 pm

I swear only idiots think a 39 year old Lebron should carry this team averaging 33/12/9 with lockdown defense against the best team in the league.

We go as our guards go. AD and Lebron will get theirs. It all depends on the rest of the squad especially DLO and Reaves. Our talent level isn't as good as Denver.

If we never made those trades for Russ we'd still have KCP and probably Caruso. Currently constructed we have our best perimeter defender in Vando injured and Ham is too much of a PUSSY to actually play Christie who is by far our best perimeter defender at the guard position.
Raul
“The other day I saw one of his games. He was running with the ball at a hundred per cent full speed, I don’t know how many touches he took, maybe five or six, but the ball was glued to his foot. It’s practically impossible.”
JM00n69
Sophomore
And1: 103

Post#33 » by JM00n69 » Sun Apr 21, 2024 2:39 pm

LeQuit

LeNotmyleader
donnieme
Head Coach
And1: 7,196

Post#34 » by donnieme » Sun Apr 21, 2024 2:50 pm

Hair Jordan wrote:
One_and_Done wrote:Lebron is 39 lol.

Of course :crazy: You can’t have it both ways. You can’t stroke Lebron when he has a nice game or breaks some cumulative stats record and then let him off of the hook when he stinks it up in the playoffs by reminding people he’s 39. Typical response from a Lebron homer.

OMG Yes we can and have already done for every single body since the beginning of time. It's called reasonable age expectations. Past the point where you shouldn't even be, you can't fall short, you can only surpass.
Bornstellar
General Manager
And1: 17,679

Post#35 » by Bornstellar » Sun Apr 21, 2024 2:53 pm

He's old AF. These topics are super cringe
Lalouie
RealGM
And1: 10,249

Post#36 » by Lalouie » Sun Apr 21, 2024 3:01 pm

so what

ONLY the lakers have TWO legit first ballot hof players in a league of parity.
they have the supposed goat who is a 6'8/255 freight train
they have a top center

and they can't cry about no support for lebron when the lakers are suitably equipped to beat any team when ALL teams have weaknesses
Wingy
RealGM

Post#37 » by Wingy » Sun Apr 21, 2024 3:05 pm

LeBronSpaghetti wrote:
OdomFan wrote:

LOL. Your definition of Jordan doing “very well” at LeBron’s age would be an absolutely horrendous season for LeBron. If LeBron played the way Jordan did in the last two season of his career, people on here would be clowning him and saying this old bum needs to retire. But when it’s Jordan… the man could’ve stepped on the court and taken a dump at center court and people like you would be drooling all over him.

Yeah, he did do very well all things considered. Rings a bell, but I forgot the injury OdomFan mentions, yet still played all 82 at 37mpg — which would’ve been 2nd in the league this season (0.5 behind Luka). Had .409 shooting Jerry Stackhouse as his best help, not one of the best two-way bigs in the league. But that’s not this thread. As noted, I have no desire to pile on a player obviously way past their prime.
durden_tyler
RealGM
And1: 7,500

Post#38 » by durden_tyler » Sun Apr 21, 2024 3:12 pm

Yes, and impressively still delivering the stats. Unfortunately for him, players are judged by titles and playoff wins and that’s why he’s the 2nd GOAT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If there is no basketball in heaven, i am not going.
IG2
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,976

Post#39 » by IG2 » Sun Apr 21, 2024 3:14 pm

:lol: :lol:

It's always Christmas for petrified MJ fans and LeBron haters after a playoff L. Still putting the fear of God in them at 39. Somebody should tell OP MJ at 39 was having a historically poor shooting season on a lottery team in an awful East. Nobody else at LeBron's age/mileage was relevant in any way. LeBron on the other hand is still a Top 10 player who made the playoffs in an insane conference.

There's no shame if he goes down against the best team in the league. Of course, given the deranged insecurity MJ fans have regarding LeBron, anything less than a championship will have them crawl out of their holes with SEEEEE HE'S NO MJ!!!!!111 :roll: :roll:
KembaWalker
General Manager
And1: 11,331

Post#40 » by KembaWalker » Sun Apr 21, 2024 3:16 pm

LeBron fans always have the impossible expectations of a team that is somehow both capable of playing title worthy basketball without him because hes old and in his "gravy" era as they say, but then also be ready to fit in his geezer ass for 35% usage 35 minutes per game. how is that supposed to work?

he needs to learn from Duncan. cut your minutes, cut your usage and play both sides of the floor. nobody cares if you can have a great statline if you're gassed at half time and the team has to drag your corpse around for 20 minutes in the 2nd half 4v5

Return to The General Board