Jalen Brunson

Moderators: infinite11285, Domejandro, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77, cupcakesnake

cgf
RealGM
And1: 10,867

Re: Jalen Brunson 

Post#21 » by cgf » Tue May 7, 2024 9:25 pm

It's going to be fun watching an old fat son-of-Rick still spinning & winning in the paint in the 2030s.
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Brunson: So what are you paid to do?
Hart: Run around like an idiot during the game and f*** s*** up!
Karate Diop
General Manager
And1: 9,928

Post#22 » by Karate Diop » Tue May 7, 2024 9:56 pm

There's a lot of Trae Young in what he's doing... Makes you wonder about what his real impact is if the Trae Young rules start being applied to him.
cgf
RealGM

Post#23 » by cgf » Tue May 7, 2024 10:01 pm

Karate Diop wrote:There's a lot of Trae Young in what he's doing... Makes you wonder about what his real impact is if the Trae Young rules start being applied to him.

Luckily with Dolan's pockets, we won't ever need to find out 8-)
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

SlimShady83
General Manager
And1: 1,300

Post#24 » by SlimShady83 » Tue May 7, 2024 10:22 pm

mdonnelly1989 wrote:Jalen Brunson should start to deserve more attention as a top 10 player.

Lock top 5 PG and Top 15 player in the league.

Shai
Luka
Steph
And you can argue a very strong case for Brunson at 4th

I didn't know SGA was considered a PG... I thought he was more SG? I haven't watched enough OKC/SGA games to know for sure but I'd put him In as SG - espn have him more a combo PG/SG

Curry: Is Curry still considered a top 5 player THIS SEASON just because of his scoring? Again haven't watch enough games this season to know and being legit question

For me this season In PG top 5 list

Luka
D.Mitchelle
Haliburton
D. Fox
J. Murray

Some of of these guys aren't In the playoffs does this mean we have to rule them out of the contention just because their team didn't make It or out early In playoffs or we just going for how far they make It In playoffs?

I love all the PG's not really one I don't like.

Honerable mentions;

Curry, T. Young, Brunson, L.Ball, D.Lillard, T.Maxey
My Personal Top 10 all time
Jordan, Russell, Bird, Duncan, Magic, Kobe, Curry, Shaq, Kareem, Bron

Top 5 will always be the same, 6-10 will change from time to time :)
I'm a Kobe fan
ShootersShoot
Sixth Man
And1: 1,341

Post#25 » by ShootersShoot » Tue May 7, 2024 10:31 pm

TheGeneral99 wrote:
mdonnelly1989 wrote:
EmpireFalls wrote:It’s so bizarre to me, because we constantly hear about how the big media markets get all the coverage and all that, but if any of these other stars put up 40 in 4 straight playoff games that’d probably lead every sports talk show in the country. And yet for Brunson, not that much love. Don’t get it

I think it’s because he’s not as flashy as some of the other guys.

Feels like maybe the Tim Duncan syndrome. Quietly almost deafly great.

But he's not even quietly great...this dude is a certified killer on the court, jacking up difficult shots from all parts of the floor. Dude has good footwork, a mid-range game, a pull up game, fadeaways, very crafty in how he uses his body etc.

Standing at only like 6'0 feet tall makes it all the more impressive.

Duncan was boring because he a very efficient post-up player who was very robotic in his movement and mainly scored in the paint, but Brunson is playing like a Curry-Lillard-Harden hybrid style of play giving us 40 a night in the playoffs!

I think it might be that Brunson did not have much hype coming up as a player and it was not expected to happen. Media and pundits hate saying they were wrong about the guy or hate being perceived as not able to see his stardom coming.
52-12-7
Senior
And1: 258

Post#26 » by 52-12-7 » Tue May 7, 2024 10:34 pm

He is a top 5 player right now, not just a top 5 point guard.
KnicksGadfly
RealGM
And1: 15,058

Post#27 » by KnicksGadfly » Tue May 7, 2024 10:43 pm

cgf wrote:
Karate Diop wrote:There's a lot of Trae Young in what he's doing... Makes you wonder about what his real impact is if the Trae Young rules start being applied to him.

Uhhh no. Wrong answer. I’m not gonna engage with Karate Diop or any of the Nets fans here cause they’re afraid that the rise of Brunson means the Nets franchise has zero chance anymore in NYC. They can’t even get Mikal to like their team.

I also won’t engage with you cgf because that was a shameful answer. Brunson absolutely deserves his calls, and has been wrecking teams ever since he figured out Philly. You should be ashamed. I expect that from karate cause he’s a troll but you should know better.
Rockazoids
Head Coach
And1: 2,022

Post#28 » by Rockazoids » Tue May 7, 2024 10:54 pm

SlimShady83 wrote:
mdonnelly1989 wrote:Jalen Brunson should start to deserve more attention as a top 10 player.

Shai
Luka
Steph

I didn't know SGA was considered a PG... I thought he was more SG? I haven't watched enough OKC/SGA games to know for sure but I'd put him In as SG - espn have him more a combo PG/SG

Curry: Is Curry still considered a top 5 player THIS SEASON just because of his scoring? Again haven't watch enough games this season to know and being legit question

For me this season In PG top 5 list

Luka
D.Mitchelle
Haliburton
D. Fox
J. Murray

Some of of these guys aren't In the playoffs does this mean we have to rule them out of the contention just because their team didn't make It or out early In playoffs or we just going for how far they make It In playoffs?

I love all the PG's not really one I don't like.

Honerable mentions;

Curry, T. Young, Brunson, L.Ball, D.Lillard, T.Maxey

Mitchell is a SG and did you see Haliburton wilt under the bright light of MSG shooting 2-6 for 6 points with 3 TO, 2 being big.
The last 2 years Ball has only played 36 & 22 games and you have him honorable mention?
Follow the science not some internet physician & get your shots.
Kerrsed wrote:Just thinking of this deal makes my ass hurt!

turk3d wrote: you're about to make me go old rem on you

GoNYK1288 wrote:You better clench your butt cheeks because the GB is about to have at you.
LaLover11
Sixth Man
And1: 956

Post#29 » by LaLover11 » Tue May 7, 2024 11:59 pm

This right here
Bronny will become Murray 2.0
bushybrah_
Sixth Man
And1: 1,390

Post#30 » by bushybrah_ » Wed May 8, 2024 12:05 am

I just find it so impressive yet odd that no one can stop him.
cgf
RealGM

Post#31 » by cgf » Wed May 8, 2024 1:21 am

KnicksGadfly wrote:
cgf wrote:

Uhhh no. Wrong answer. I’m not gonna engage with Karate Diop or any of the Nets fans here cause they’re afraid that the rise of Brunson means the Nets franchise has zero chance anymore in NYC. They can’t even get Mikal to like their team.

I also won’t engage with you cgf because that was a shameful answer. Brunson absolutely deserves his calls, and has been wrecking teams ever since he figured out Philly. You should be ashamed. I expect that from karate cause he’s a troll but you should know better.

I'm a fan of the Colorado Refalanche in the NHL, I'm used to fans of opposing teams complaining about the refs after getting outclassed. Turning it into a joke is a lot more fun than wasting time on people who think that the whole world is conspiring to make them miserable.

So if people would rather complain about the refs than accept that their defenders don't stand a chance against ol' Bighead, then I'm going to joke about Dolan being able to afford bigger bribes than their cheapskate owners :dontknow:

cgf
RealGM

Post#32 » by cgf » Wed May 8, 2024 1:26 am

LaLover11 wrote:
This right here

Nah, Jalen is way better at selling the call and Dolan isn't as poor as the Hawks owner. The league won't ever catch onto Brunson's grift 8-)

stuporman
RealGM
And1: 16,583

Post#33 » by stuporman » Wed May 8, 2024 1:27 am

He too leedle
If you'd rather see your team fail so you can be right
...you are a fan of your opinion not the team.
Image?
Knowledge is just information stuffed into a mental bag
Wisdom is knowing what to pull out of the bag to do the job
mdonnelly1989
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,365

Post#34 » by mdonnelly1989 » Wed May 8, 2024 5:44 am

The4thHorseman wrote:

Shai
Luka
Steph

You could easily argue that JB is over current Curry. One is on the rise while the other is clearly on the decline.

I wonder if we would differently if his second in command Klay Thompson turn into a dumpster fire.

Who on the Warriors even a consistent threat to take defensive attention off of Curry.
Mr_Mojo_Risin
Analyst
And1: 7,034

Post#35 » by Mr_Mojo_Risin » Wed May 8, 2024 5:53 am

Wtf…all I hear is constant praise for Brunson as a superstar along with borderline 1st/2nd team all nba talk.
DaGawd
RealGM
And1: 45,292

Post#36 » by DaGawd » Wed May 8, 2024 6:02 am

Mr_Mojo_Risin wrote:Wtf…all I hear is constant praise for Brunson as a superstar along with borderline 1st/2nd team all nba talk.

he’s slowly started to get the respect, but there’s still a bunch of media folk who spew he isn’t elite. i saw an espn article the other day of like the top 20 or 25 playoff performers this season so far and they had him at 15th… you can’t tell me there were 15 more impactful playoff performers in these playoffs thus far.
BaF
Washington Wizards
Mr_Mojo_Risin
Analyst
And1: 7,034

Post#37 » by Mr_Mojo_Risin » Wed May 8, 2024 6:12 am

DaGawd wrote:
Mr_Mojo_Risin wrote:Wtf…all I hear is constant praise for Brunson as a superstar along with borderline 1st/2nd team all nba talk.

he’s slowly started to get the respect, but there’s still a bunch of media folk who spew he isn’t elite. i saw an espn article the other day of like the top 20 or 25 playoff performers this season so far and they had him at 15th… you can’t tell me there were 15 more impactful playoff performers in these playoffs thus far.

You can't take single ESPN opinions as gospel about what the majority think. Derrick White wasn't in their top 100 players preseason. If it's the article I think you're talking about they qualified regarding Brunson's efficiency and on/off numbers. I personally think that's a bit too simplistic given the circumstances with New York and Brunson requiring to carry the load, but at least they qualified their thoughts I guess.

But again it's ESPN, they are going to over inflate LeBron (who is amazing at his age but still) and other names like Kyrie/Harden etc etc and they often like to throw in something to piss people off and get SM engagement, NY seems like a pretty good target for that.

He is without doubt a star and pretty much everyone rates him currently very highly.
Ito
General Manager
And1: 813

Post#38 » by Ito » Wed May 8, 2024 6:30 am

TheGeneral99 wrote:
mdonnelly1989 wrote:
EmpireFalls wrote:It’s so bizarre to me, because we constantly hear about how the big media markets get all the coverage and all that, but if any of these other stars put up 40 in 4 straight playoff games that’d probably lead every sports talk show in the country. And yet for Brunson, not that much love. Don’t get it

I think it’s because he’s not as flashy as some of the other guys.

Feels like maybe the Tim Duncan syndrome. Quietly almost deafly great.

But he's not even quietly great...this dude is a certified killer on the court, jacking up difficult shots from all parts of the floor. Dude has good footwork, a mid-range game, a pull up game, fadeaways, very crafty in how he uses his body etc.

Standing at only like 6'0 feet tall makes it all the more impressive.

Duncan was boring because he a very efficient post-up player who was very robotic in his movement and mainly scored in the paint, but Brunson is playing like a Curry-Lillard-Harden hybrid style of play giving us 40 a night in the playoffs!

He looks like he works hard to get his shots off but they go in and he makes the plays even if he looks like you not expecting him to be dropping them buckets most the time

It’s like he’s having a linsanity moment but it past that turn into a Isiah Thomas wit the Celtics moment but it pasted that kuz he done it consecutive seasons obviously Jalen the better player im just saying
SelfishPlayer
Head Coach
And1: 2,743

Post#39 » by SelfishPlayer » Wed May 8, 2024 2:48 pm

bushybrah_ wrote:I just find it so impressive yet odd that no one can stop him.

He has an east coast playground game IMO where "old man" moves and physicality are built into his package. That's why he is 6'0" and you can routinely see him posting people up. Defenders will need to study his game. The fact that he doesn't have a high release on his jump shot (lack of vertical explosion) should be used against him.
SelfishPlayer wrote:The Mavs won playoff games without Luka

The Mavs missed the playoffs without Brunson.
knicksstuff
Sophomore
And1: 298

Post#40 » by knicksstuff » Wed May 8, 2024 2:55 pm

hes the leading scorer in the playoffs when excluding Free throws. You guys have to get over it, hes not even doing the Trae Young move but your hate doesnt allow you to appreciate him

Return to The General Board