Will Luka end up as best player ever to never win MVP & ring?

Moderators: infinite11285, Domejandro, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77, cupcakesnake

Will Luka end up as best player ever to never win MVP & ring?

Yes. He will never win MVP & ring.
18%
No. He will win MVP but not ring.
27%
No. He will never win MVP but he will win ring.
3%
No. He will win MVP and also ring.
52%

Total votes: 67

JustBuzzin
General Manager
And1: 6,814

Re: Will Luka end up as best player ever to never win MVP & ring? 

Post#21 » by JustBuzzin » Wed May 8, 2024 5:13 pm

AleksandarN wrote:
Mamba Mentality wrote:All hinges on when he decides to join the purple and gold.

He would join the Jokic and the Nuggets before he would join the Lakers lol. Not that I think Luka would leave the mavs. If he did he would probably join his best friend in the NBA

Wait when did Luka and Jokic become beat friends?

I never seen them together in the off-season. Just because they smile together at a all-star game doesn't make them best friends.
ChipotleWest
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,909

Post#22 » by ChipotleWest » Wed May 8, 2024 5:17 pm

If Luka joined Joker that'd be almost as bad as Durant joining GS. Would he win a ring? Probably, but there wouldn't be much respect given to him for it.
AleksandarN
Head Coach
And1: 8,998

Post#23 » by AleksandarN » Wed May 8, 2024 5:20 pm

JustBuzzin wrote:
AleksandarN wrote:
Mamba Mentality wrote:All hinges on when he decides to join the purple and gold.

He would join the Jokic and the Nuggets before he would join the Lakers lol. Not that I think Luka would leave the mavs. If he did he would probably join his best friend in the NBA

I never seen them together in the off-season. Just because they smile together at an all-star game doesn't make them best friends.

I am sure there are several other examples. But best friends in terms of nba players yes

Read on Twitter
AleksandarN
Head Coach

Post#24 » by AleksandarN » Wed May 8, 2024 5:21 pm

ChipotleWest wrote:If Luka joined Joker that'd be almost as bad as Durant joining GS. Would he win a ring? Probably, but there wouldn't be much respect given to him for it.

Lebron says hello
JustBuzzin
General Manager

Post#25 » by JustBuzzin » Wed May 8, 2024 5:23 pm

AleksandarN wrote:
JustBuzzin wrote:
AleksandarN wrote:He would join the Jokic and the Nuggets before he would join the Lakers lol. Not that I think Luka would leave the mavs. If he did he would probably join his best friend in the NBA

I never seen them together in the off-season. Just because they smile together at an all-star game doesn't make them best friends.

I am sure there are several other examples. But best friends in terms of nba players yes

Read on Twitter

Let the speculation begin!

#JokicAndLukaWatch
Statlanta
RealGM
And1: 9,575

Post#26 » by Statlanta » Wed May 8, 2024 5:25 pm

If Jokic gets swept nobody will vote for him for MVP again, so Doncic will only have to fight off Gilgeous-Alexander, Antetokounmpo and Tatum for votes.
Aaron Gordon, Devin Booker, Tyrese Halliburton, Trae Young, Anthony Edwards and Luka Doncic all made the Conference Finals.

Where’s Joel Embiid?
AleksandarN
Head Coach

Post#27 » by AleksandarN » Wed May 8, 2024 5:26 pm

JustBuzzin wrote:
AleksandarN wrote:
JustBuzzin wrote:Wait when did Luka and Jokic become beat friends?

Read on Twitter

#JokicAndLukaWatch

Luka is not leaving the Mavs. But Luka if does leave would team up with Jokic than go to a Lakers with an oft injured older AD.
JustBuzzin
General Manager

Post#28 » by JustBuzzin » Wed May 8, 2024 5:40 pm

AleksandarN wrote:
JustBuzzin wrote:
AleksandarN wrote:I am sure there are several other examples. But best friends in terms of nba players yes

Read on Twitter

#JokicAndLukaWatch

Luka is not leaving the Mavs. But Luka if does leave would team up with Jokic than go to a Lakers with an oft injured older AD.

Bro nobody going to Denver that's a major FA.
ChipotleWest
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,909

Post#29 » by ChipotleWest » Wed May 8, 2024 5:45 pm

Statlanta wrote:If Jokic gets swept nobody will vote for him for MVP again, so Doncic will only have to fight off Gilgeous-Alexander, Antetokounmpo and Tatum for votes.

And Ant, and Wemby.
AleksandarN
Head Coach

Post#30 » by AleksandarN » Wed May 8, 2024 5:48 pm

ChipotleWest wrote:
Statlanta wrote:If Jokic gets swept nobody will vote for him for MVP again, so Doncic will only have to fight off Gilgeous-Alexander, Antetokounmpo and Tatum for votes.

And Ant, and Wemby.

And Embiid lol
AleksandarN
Head Coach

Post#31 » by AleksandarN » Wed May 8, 2024 5:50 pm

JustBuzzin wrote:
AleksandarN wrote:
JustBuzzin wrote:Let the speculation begin!

#JokicAndLukaWatch

I said rather. Denver with Jokic is still better for Luka than an older injury prone AD. That’s my point. Reading comprehension is low it seems with you.
JustBuzzin
General Manager

Post#32 » by JustBuzzin » Wed May 8, 2024 5:53 pm

AleksandarN wrote:
JustBuzzin wrote:
AleksandarN wrote:Luka is not leaving the Mavs. But Luka if does leave would team up with Jokic than go to a Lakers with an oft injured older AD.

I said rather. Denver with Jokic is still better for Luka than an older injury prone AD. That’s my point. Reading comprehension is low it seems with you.

I'm telling you Jokic is not going to be the reason Luka leaves Dallas.

He's going to LA if he decides to leave Dallas. We all know it. Sorry you don't understand the difference in lifestyle between Snowy Denver vs 24/7 perfect weather and more marketing opportunities LA.

Understand me now my good friend? 8-)
AleksandarN
Head Coach

Post#33 » by AleksandarN » Wed May 8, 2024 5:57 pm

JustBuzzin wrote:
AleksandarN wrote:
JustBuzzin wrote:Bro nobody going to Denver that's a major FA.

He's going to LA if he decides to leave Dallas. We all know it. Sorry you don't understand the difference in lifestyle between Snowy Denver vs 24/7 perfect weather and more marketing opportunities LA.

What reason would he be leaving the Mavs?
JustBuzzin
General Manager

Post#34 » by JustBuzzin » Wed May 8, 2024 6:01 pm

AleksandarN wrote:
JustBuzzin wrote:
AleksandarN wrote:I said rather. Denver with Jokic is still better for Luka than an older injury prone AD. That’s my point. Reading comprehension is low it seems with you.

To win a championship?

You act like the Lakers aren't known for winning championships. They will attract stars always have always will. That plus the weather and marketing opportunities for his brand. There is life after basketball you know. These athletes are looking at the bigger picture.

Going to play with your buddy in a cold weather city is just not enough to choose over the Lakers imo.

Cmon bro I know you are smart. This is just from an agent perspective. You have to think about more than just playing with your buddy. A lot of NBA have best friends most of them never play together.

LeBron/Wade was the last best buddy to team up and that didn't even last long. Players are brands at the end of the day. Market size will always be the biggest factor.
Hoop Hunter
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,550

Post#35 » by Hoop Hunter » Wed May 8, 2024 6:03 pm

He's 25 for Christ's sake. He's probably accomplished more than any 25 year old ever, stat wise. He'll be fine, if he stays healthy, he should get a ring and a MVP.
WentzerWuver
Rookie
And1: 384

Post#36 » by WentzerWuver » Wed May 8, 2024 6:03 pm

srhcan wrote:Will Luka end up as best player ever to never win MVP & ring?

His talent demands that he will win at least 1 MVP if not more. But NBA has a burst of talent in his era. Older players like Jokic, Embiid, Giannis are still great talent and in their primes. Then there are same era players like SGA, Ant who are great talent and are improving a lot. And then the new ones like Wemby, Chet who are going to be great. With his bad conditioning he is not going to have a long career and it will be very hard for him to win MVP.

Regarding ring, Dallas is not free agent destination so I dont see much upgrade. His team is good but talent wise they are far behind than some other teams like Celtics, OKC, Wolves, etc. and probably will always be like that in his career. I think Luka will spend his career in Dallas entirely and does not look like they are winning a ring in his career.
https://youtube.com/shorts/Ctl2DvuWwUs?si=mJbGO5puktx7mW_a

Didn't you get the memo?
AleksandarN
Head Coach

Post#37 » by AleksandarN » Wed May 8, 2024 6:08 pm

JustBuzzin wrote:
AleksandarN wrote:
JustBuzzin wrote:I'm telling you Jokic is not going to be the reason Luka leaves Dallas.

To win a championship?

You act like the Lakers aren't known for winning championships. They will attract stars always have always will. That plus the weather and marketing opportunities for his brand. There is life after basketball you know. These athletes are looking at the bigger picture.

Going to play with your buddy in a cold weather city is just not enough to choose over the Lakers imo.

Cmon bro I know you are smart. This is just from an agent perspective. You have to think about more than just playing with your buddy. A lot of NBA have best friends most of them never play together.

LeBron/Wade was the last best buddy to team up and that didn't even last long. Players are brands at the end of the day. Market size will always be the biggest factor.

Agent’s perspective? You’re an agent now? I thought you were a member of the Jokic family. Hard to keep up with a troll like you. Now let’s get back to goal of winning a championship what pieces do the Lakers have better than Jokic?
Astaluego
Junior
And1: 141

Post#38 » by Astaluego » Wed May 8, 2024 6:11 pm

I can see the MVP...the ring as the future is projected in the West, it's going to be complicated...it's going to be a bloodbath... Thunder is here and they have a ton of selections to continue improving,... The Wolves core is also very young, and the Spurs will probably be really good... Maybe they decide to join forces with their friend Joker? We'll have to wait a few years to find out...
Old Mike Lorenzo
Astaluego
Junior
And1: 141

Post#39 » by Astaluego » Wed May 8, 2024 6:12 pm

AleksandarN wrote:
JustBuzzin wrote:
AleksandarN wrote:What reason would he be leaving the Mavs?

To win a championship?

Agent’s perspective? You’re an agent now? I thought you were a member of the Jokic family. Hard to keep up with a troll like you. Now let’s get back to goal of winning a championship what pieces do the Lakers have better than Jokic?
I think the main reason Kidd stays with the Mavs is because that's what Luka wants...ironic...right?
Old Mike Lorenzo
JustBuzzin
General Manager

Post#40 » by JustBuzzin » Wed May 8, 2024 6:13 pm

AleksandarN wrote:
JustBuzzin wrote:
AleksandarN wrote:What reason would he be leaving the Mavs?

To win a championship?

Lakers are a brand. They don't need pieces. They will attract them. LeBron went there when they were down bad. They got a championship in just a few years after that. I mean check the championship history who is at the top Lakers and Boston.

Boston sadly won most of their championships decades ago. The Lakers have been consistently winning championships every decade. This is what they do.

Please don't ask a Laker fans to sell you on coming there. They will laugh at you while they are on a beach in perfect weather. If you know you know.

Return to The General Board