Shaq being disrespectful

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 65,134

Re: Shaq being disrespectful 

Post#21 » by Duke4life831 » Thu May 9, 2024 6:56 am

svart wrote:
AleksandarN wrote:
svart wrote:There is absolutely nothing here, just Shaq being honest. OP is projecting, lol.

Again they had Jokic on the show to congratulate him on winning the award. Shaq made it about himself. He did a Kayne and deserves the same backlash

Again, you are projecting.

Projecting what? Shaq literally went off on how he was #2 so many times in MVP votes. And pulled a Kanye by in the middle of Jokic’s moment where it’s supposed to be all about his achievements, started the whole thing stating he didn’t think he deserved to win (what Kanye did to Taylor Swift back in the day).

Not sure what is being projected here.
uncleduck13
Junior
And1: 359

Post#22 » by uncleduck13 » Thu May 9, 2024 6:59 am

Jta444 wrote:I watched the NBA during those Shaq years and i could say Nash deserved those MVP’s he transformed
the Suns then did it again without Amare his second year meanwhile Shaq got carried by Wade in 06. It’s revisionist history. Nash was a problem and an all time great. I think part of it is racist just because Nash is white.

Nash was LIGHTYEARS ahead of Shaq during those seasons, especially during the second one.

There’s clearly a racially motivated / bully factor at play here. Small white man, who had the image of someone who didn’t belong on a basketball court, denying him of another one or two of the most important individual accolades, which would’ve beefed up his resume, possibly pushing him a couple spots higher on the all-time list.

That’s all it’s always been about. He wouldn’t dare come for Iverson because he’s “of the culture”
svart
Analyst
And1: 3,456

Post#23 » by svart » Thu May 9, 2024 7:07 am

Duke4life831 wrote:
svart wrote:
AleksandarN wrote:Again they had Jokic on the show to congratulate him on winning the award. Shaq made it about himself. He did a Kayne and deserves the same backlash

Projecting what? Shaq literally went off on how he was #2 so many times in MVP votes. And pulled a Kanye by in the middle of Jokic’s moment where it’s supposed to be all about his achievements, started the whole thing stating he didn’t think he deserved to win (what Kanye did to Taylor Swift back in the day).

Look, Shaq is a big baby and always butthurt, but i think in this case he was just being honest. you are looking too much into it, that is my opinion. Was the timing bad? yeah. But he wasn't making it about himself, that's all. So let's agree to disagree.
''You don't need to be serious to be focused"
Philosopher and basketball player JaVale McGee
BloodNinja
Analyst
And1: 5,651

Post#24 » by BloodNinja » Thu May 9, 2024 7:09 am

FreeBird23 wrote:You guys are too sensitive.
Shaq didnt do anything wrong. He just said that Jokic is the best in the League, but with the great Thunder's season, he thinks that SGA deserves it.
Jokic and Shaq are buddies, he is just honest.

Btw, a lot of people think that SGA deserves it.
Does it makes them insecure too ?
15 people thought SGA was worthy, 79 picked Jokic. Not even close.
shrink
RealGM
And1: 15,414

Post#25 » by shrink » Thu May 9, 2024 7:11 am

If you want any clarification about what an ass Shaq is, you can get it from his own mouth in his interview on the Old Man and the Three podcast. He doesn’t respect anyone who hasn’t done what he’s done, he says mean things for “marketing,” not the truth, and he doesn’t care enough about people to insult them. If they feel insulted, they are weak and deserve it.

He also proudly told a story about what a big dog he was when he went to ORL, and when he found out that players were bringing their wives and families on the team plane, he shut that down.
Lalouie
RealGM
And1: 10,303

Post#26 » by Lalouie » Thu May 9, 2024 7:11 am

the thing that po's me most about shaq is he thinks his rings validates every dumb thing he says. when he tries to make a point on tnt he points to his ring finger. it's his whole argument for everything, and yet ironically he admitted he wasted his career because he had no focus

and yeah he was being rude and disrespectful in the vid. no one gives a sh** who he thought should be mvp.

"congrats to you, nikola, but ummm,,,,,,,"
NbaAllDay
Sixth Man
And1: 1,745

Post#27 » by NbaAllDay » Thu May 9, 2024 7:12 am

Shaq has a clear history of being insecure.

I think he is fairly genuine but he also can be very disrespectful of those around him and often avoids taking ownership of his mistakes.

Even in the interview with JJ, JJ gave him an opportunity to talk about his insecure vendetta against Dwight (Far too much evidence to say otherwise) yet he proceeded to say that he 'has a go' at people who he thinks are good enough and that "when he is serious no one would know" as if he talks to serious discussions behind closed doors.

Even if this was true, he wasn't simply 'joking' about Dwight over the many years and was very obviously insecure in a number of ways and expressed it through continued shots at him.
AleksandarN
Head Coach
And1: 9,102

Post#28 » by AleksandarN » Thu May 9, 2024 7:13 am

svart wrote:
Duke4life831 wrote:
svart wrote:

Look, Shaq is a big baby and always butthurt, but i think in this case he was just being honest. you are looking too much into it, that is my opinion. Was the timing bad? yeah. But he wasn't making it about himself, that's all. So let's agree to disagree.

He literally made it about himself with the rant that followed that interview. It wasn't about Jokic over SGA it was about him. Timing? That was the point of the whole thread. Now tell me how it was projecting?
svart
Analyst

Post#29 » by svart » Thu May 9, 2024 7:35 am

So first you quote a tweet saying that shaq told jokic to his face this and that, now you're telling me about the rant AFTER the interview. Please decide.

And these days no one can have an honest opinion without 'backlash' lol.

I don't even like shaq, but again, i saw nothing during that interview. And this is how it's projecting.

Honestly, you sound as butthurt as him for basically nothing, please read again your fist post, lol

People too sensitive these days.
AleksandarN
Head Coach

Post#30 » by AleksandarN » Thu May 9, 2024 7:43 am

svart wrote:So first you quote a tweet saying that shaq told jokic to his face this and that, now you're telling me about the rant AFTER the interview. Please decide.

I don't even like shaq, but again, i saw nothing during that interview. And this is how it's projecting.

Honestly, you sound as butthurt as him for basically nothing, please read again your fist post, lol

The rant after the interview illustrates my point it was about him. The interview was to congratulate him. Not to give his opinion. Like you said timing. He did a kayne so he deserves the backlash he will receive. The only one being sensitive was Shaq.
svart
Analyst

Post#31 » by svart » Thu May 9, 2024 7:47 am

AleksandarN wrote:
svart wrote:So first you quote a tweet saying that shaq told jokic to his face this and that, now you're telling me about the rant AFTER the interview. Please decide.

The rant after the interview illustrates my point it was about him. The interview was to congratulate him. Not to give his opinion. Like you said timing. He did a kayne so he deserves the backlash he will receive. The only one being sensitive was Shaq.

maybe kanye will do a shaq and they'll be square.

you keep rambling and repeating yourself about kanye, and i don't know, i don't wanna know nor i give a fukc what he did.

so i'll leave you to it. judge him, sentence him, do whatever makes you sleep at night, tiny pansy :D

Strike for personal attack.
dygaction
Head Coach
And1: 4,752

Post#32 » by dygaction » Thu May 9, 2024 7:48 am

AleksandarN wrote:Shaq is a narcissistic insecure petty little man. I know it was mentioned in the Jokic MVP thread. But this deserves its own thread. Shaq has always been jealous of people. It’s why he has only 4 rings. He ruined the Lakers dynasty fighting with Kobe.

Read on Twitter

Shaq shamelessly copying Kanye from 15 years ago?

Read on Twitter
AleksandarN
Head Coach

Post#33 » by AleksandarN » Thu May 9, 2024 7:49 am

svart wrote:
AleksandarN wrote:

maybe kanye will do a shaq and they'll be squared.

you keep rambling and repeating yourself about kanye, and i don't know nor i give a fukc what he did.

so i'll leave you to it. judge him, sentence him, do whatever makes you sleep at night, tiny pansy :D

Tiny pansy? Nice name calling grow up. Looks like you are the one being sensitive now resorting to name calling.
svart
Analyst

Post#34 » by svart » Thu May 9, 2024 7:56 am

AleksandarN wrote:
svart wrote:
AleksandarN wrote:The rant after the interview illustrates my point it was about him. The interview was to congratulate him. Not to give his opinion. Like you said timing. He did a kayne so he deserves the backlash he will receive. The only one being sensitive was Shaq.

you keep rambling and repeating yourself about kanye, and i don't know nor i give a fukc what he did.

Nice name calling grow up. Looks like you are the one being sensitive now resorting to name calling.

se that tine smiley face near the word pansy?

that means it's a joke, it also helps proving my point you are sensitive based on your answer.

but if you really fell offended, please accept my apologies.

i really don't have a horse in this race, i don't like shaq, i would prefer seeing him gone from inside the nba, but it just happens i disagree with your statement and your tone, that's all.

dude, i grew up in the communist east-europe, we have another definition on sensitive over here :)
mcmurphy
Starter
And1: 1,995

Post#35 » by mcmurphy » Thu May 9, 2024 7:57 am

the most ridiculous thing is that after 20 years Shaq still hates the fact that he only has 1 MVP and Jokic doesn't give a damn (maybe the first one but definitely not the others)
AleksandarN
Head Coach

Post#36 » by AleksandarN » Thu May 9, 2024 8:01 am

svart wrote:
AleksandarN wrote:
svart wrote:

Nice name calling grow up. Looks like you are the one being sensitive now resorting to name calling.

that means it's a joke, it also helps proving my point you are sensitive based on your answer.

i really don't have a horse in this race, i don't like shaq, i would prefer seeing him gone from inside the nba, but it just happens i disagree with your statement and your tone, that's all.

dude, i grew up in the communist east-europe, we have another definition on sensitive over here :)

I guess I can start insulting posters by putting a smiley face after and saying it was joke. Let’s see how far that goes
dygaction
Head Coach
And1: 4,752

Post#37 » by dygaction » Thu May 9, 2024 8:02 am

Shaq cares about Jokic getting two more MVPs than him more than Jokic cares about himself winning another one.
svart
Analyst

Post#38 » by svart » Thu May 9, 2024 8:03 am

AleksandarN wrote:
svart wrote:
AleksandarN wrote:Nice name calling grow up. Looks like you are the one being sensitive now resorting to name calling.

I guess I can start insulting posters by putting a smiley face after and saying it was joke.

i guess
doogie_hauser
Rookie
And1: 1,632

Post#39 » by doogie_hauser » Thu May 9, 2024 8:04 am

Shaq wouldn't have dared mentioned in if Denver were two up in their series, rather than two zip down.

Wouldn't be surprised if the producers of TNT told Shaq to make such an controversial comment/statement to Joker.
Wouldn't surprise me.if it gave Jokic extra motivation for game 3 either. This may well possibly work in Denver's favour in fact.
MrBigShot
RealGM
And1: 17,303

Post#40 » by MrBigShot » Thu May 9, 2024 8:13 am

Was moreso awkward than anything
"They say you miss 100% of the shots you take" - Mike James

Return to The General Board