Charles Oakley does not want to go to Madison Square Garden unless James Dolan apologizes to him.

Moderators: infinite11285, Domejandro, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77, cupcakesnake

Meat
Head Coach
And1: 4,725

Re: Charles Oakley does not want to go to Madison Square Garden unless James Dolan apologizes to him. 

Post#21 » by Meat » Sat May 11, 2024 1:19 pm

I hate Charles Oakley for making me side with James Dolan
Quattro
Assistant Coach
And1: 7,967

Re: Charles Oakley does not want to go to Madison Square Garden unless James Dolan apologizes to him. 

Post#22 » by Quattro » Sat May 11, 2024 1:41 pm

This is hilarious. If this thread was made say 4 years ago people would have been 100% behind Oakley. Now that the Knicks are finally successful, Oakley is the villain now? How times have changed

I've been watching basketball a long time and I can only remember one case where a former player was dragged out of a home game by an army of security guards.
iLLmatic860
General Manager
And1: 15,787

Post#23 » by iLLmatic860 » Sat May 11, 2024 2:30 pm

Quattro wrote:This is hilarious. If this thread was made say 4 years ago people would have been 100% behind Oakley. Now that the Knicks are finally successful, Oakley is the villain now? How times have changed

I've been watching basketball a long time and I can only remember one case where a former player was dragged out of a home game by an army of security guards.

Maybe you just watch too much espn

Alot of Knick fans haven't fw with Oak for years now.
Quattro
Assistant Coach
And1: 7,967

Post#24 » by Quattro » Sat May 11, 2024 3:06 pm

iLLmatic860 wrote:
Quattro wrote:This is hilarious. If this thread was made say 4 years ago people would have been 100% behind Oakley. Now that the Knicks are finally successful, Oakley is the villain now? How times have changed

I bet if I go back to the thread in 2016 or whenever it happened, 100% of the posters would be slamming Dolan and backing Oakley.
iLLmatic860
General Manager
And1: 15,787

Post#25 » by iLLmatic860 » Sat May 11, 2024 3:18 pm

Quattro wrote:
iLLmatic860 wrote:

I bet if I go back to the thread in 2016 or whenever it happened, 100% of the posters would be slamming Dolan and backing Oakley.

Alot of people were on Oak side at first until he kept up the antics.

Oak still has alot of supporters on his side tho. The older generation of Knicks fans. 40 years old and up.
Meat
Head Coach
And1: 4,725

Post#26 » by Meat » Sat May 11, 2024 3:20 pm

people hate him because he's' a bitter old man, he earned his vitriol once he started **** on patrick ewing. Who the f is oak to think he can?

Return to The General Board