Typical RealGM Overreactions: 2024 Playoffs Edition

Moderators: infinite11285, Domejandro, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77, cupcakesnake

NZB2323
RealGM
And1: 8,107

Re: Typical RealGM Overreactions: 2024 Playoffs Edition 

Post#21 » by NZB2323 » Tue May 14, 2024 1:55 am

The Lakers are so close to figuring out the Nuggets.
durden_tyler
RealGM
And1: 7,558

Post#22 » by durden_tyler » Tue May 14, 2024 1:56 am

NZB2323 wrote:The Lakers are so close to figuring out the Nuggets.

That does not count as it's for both 2023 and 2024 editions. LOL
If there is no basketball in heaven, i am not going.
durden_tyler
RealGM
And1: 7,558

Post#23 » by durden_tyler » Tue May 14, 2024 3:21 am

Overreactions from General NBA (5/13):

Luka is NOT a TOP 10 PLAYER ATM!

Would the Lakers have beaten the Thunder in a potential 1-8? (Tops today's bad hot take)
If there is no basketball in heaven, i am not going.
Ritzo
Sixth Man
And1: 2,363

Post#24 » by Ritzo » Tue May 14, 2024 4:25 am

Jokic is overrated, Embiid will surpass him this November.
shi-woo
Sixth Man
And1: 2,727

Post#25 » by shi-woo » Tue May 14, 2024 4:41 am

Iwasawitness wrote:Don’t forget people claiming Harden is a great playoff performer after one great game.

25/6/7/2 over 143 games

Right in line with the postseason, which is people expecting Star players to preform like it's their MyPlayer 2k simulation every game...
GrandTheftRondo
General Manager
And1: 9,650

Post#26 » by GrandTheftRondo » Tue May 14, 2024 4:51 am

Not sure anything will ever eclipse the absurd takes after game 2 of the Wolves Nuggets series.

Just a whole bunch of haters who had been waiting ages for a chance to make outlandish statements about Jokic.

Just complete cluelessness. Giving defending champ zero chance to bounce back from a hole.

It’s almost like they’d never watched teams fall behind in the playoffs before and come back.
tmorgan
RealGM
And1: 7,122

Post#27 » by tmorgan » Tue May 14, 2024 5:24 am

shi-woo wrote:
Iwasawitness wrote:Don’t forget people claiming Harden is a great playoff performer after one great game.

25/6/7/2 over 143 games

Right in line with the postseason, which is people expecting Star players to preform like it's their MyPlayer 2k simulation every game...

It’s not the aggregate numbers that are the problem with Harden, it’s the consistency. He’s had a number of huge playoff performances and a number of really awful ones. Everyone can be up and down, but Harden is ridiculous. And given that he’s played a lot of games with other stars on his team, some measure of consistency would likely produce better results.
shi-woo
Sixth Man
And1: 2,727

Post#28 » by shi-woo » Tue May 14, 2024 5:32 am

tmorgan wrote:
shi-woo wrote:

25/6/7/2 over 143 games

It’s not the aggregate numbers that are the problem with Harden, it’s the consistency. He’s had a number of huge playoff performances and a number of really awful ones. Everyone can be up and down, but Harden is ridiculous. And given that he’s played a lot of games with other stars on his team, some measure of consistency would likely produce better results.

Facts, but the consistency of those stars is also a problem, in my opinion? Embiid, is not consistent. Paul is consistently hurt, and Kawhii as well. Kurie lose canon, and was very flaky

I was one of those guys in the Harden thread, I think a lot of his problems are his own doing, but he shoulders ALL the blame when the dudes who are suppossed to be the #1 don't show up for him, or his running mate gets hurt.

I get everyone wants guys to perform like LeBron every game, but that isn't the reality, especially in todays NBA. Harden has done as much as you could possiblyy do as a player in the playoffs.
Iwasawitness
Veteran
And1: 3,385

Post#29 » by Iwasawitness » Tue May 14, 2024 12:13 pm

shi-woo wrote:

25/6/7/2 over 143 games

Read on Twitter
xxSnEaKyPxx wrote:NBA: Stop kicking, punching, choking, and stomping on people.

Draymond: This is too much, I quit!
nikster
RealGM
And1: 11,985

Post#30 » by nikster » Tue May 14, 2024 12:19 pm

shi-woo wrote:
tmorgan wrote:
shi-woo wrote:
25/6/7/2 over 143 games

Facts, but the consistency of those stars is also a problem, in my opinion? Embiid, is not consistent. Paul is consistently hurt, and Kawhii as well. Kurie lose canon, and was very flaky

I was one of those guys in the Harden thread, I think a lot of his problems are his own doing, but he shoulders ALL the blame when the dudes who are suppossed to be the #1 don't show up for him, or his running mate gets hurt.

I get everyone wants guys to perform like LeBron every game, but that isn't the reality, especially in todays NBA. Harden has done as much as you could possiblyy do as a player in the playoffs.

Yeah like this post season people were clowning on Harden because he had some bad games, ut he was the Clippers best player this series when he was brought on to be a 3rd option

Return to The General Board