Nikola Jokic Supernova

Moderators: cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77

Ssj16
Senior
And1: 617

Re: Nikola Jokic Supernova 

Post#21 » by Ssj16 » Wed May 15, 2024 5:19 am

JustBuzzin wrote:GOAT with 1 championship?

Gotta love these new Gen kids.

GOAT level player is different than GOAT. It's hard to deny with Jokic's resume and with his game he had tonight, that this wasn't a GOAT level type performance.
AleksandarN
Head Coach
And1: 9,106

Post#22 » by AleksandarN » Wed May 15, 2024 5:24 am

Read on Twitter
foobar24
Ballboy
And1: 25

Post#23 » by foobar24 » Wed May 15, 2024 5:24 am

wow, what a performance by Jokic....unstoppable, such a gravitational force, will almost always make the right play

is this peak Jokic? can he even get better than this?!!!

I watched Jordan play---and if I'm honest, I'm even more impressed by Jokic. I would rate this 'peak' version of Jokic above Jordan.

just wow...
Mogspan
Senior
And1: 1,249

Re: Jokic Is A Bad MF 

Post#24 » by Mogspan » Wed May 15, 2024 5:25 am

JustBuzzin wrote:
bfchs123 wrote:
JustBuzzin wrote:Bro look at you contributing to the overreaction. :roll:

I bet he is your GOAT now huh?

He’s been the best player in the league for years lol, this isn’t a recent phenonmenon.
I agree, but people calling him the GOAT is just laughable.

Why does Jokić, despite playing in the most competitive era ever, have better stats than every player in history? Explain it to me.

He's not as influential/popular as the LeBrons and MJs of the world, but he has one thing going for him: he's better at basketball.
Also, something that might surprise people. I think when it comes to athleticism, agility, physical attributes and skill I rate LeBron only in the top 50.
Twizlers
Freshman
And1: 170

Post#25 » by Twizlers » Wed May 15, 2024 5:26 am

He was superstar level all the way around tonight.
One underrated thing about him that I can’t help but respect is how he never flops. Gobert literally elbowed him to the face on a Jokic layup and he quickly touched his face and then ran down the court to play defense. Never once looking at the official.

What is there NOT to like about Jokic? Like seriously, how can you hate anything about him? Embiid stans excluded.
dhsilv2
RealGM
And1: 23,138

Post#26 » by dhsilv2 » Wed May 15, 2024 5:26 am

bfchs123 wrote:
JustBuzzin wrote:
bfchs123 wrote:He’s the best player in the NBA by far - no chance the Timberwolves were going to walk away from this series easily. More likely they get backdoor swept

In typical RealGM fashion two threads below this is a thread called “Jokic is not him” :lol: - embarassing overreaction

Bro look at you contributing to the overreaction. :roll:

He’s been the best player in the league for years lol, this isn’t a recent phenonmenon.

He's a rangz person...you can't talk sense to people who can't separate the player from the team.
Bourne85
General Manager
And1: 9,154

Post#27 » by Bourne85 » Wed May 15, 2024 5:29 am

Mogspan wrote:
JustBuzzin wrote:
bfchs123 wrote:

Why does Jokić, despite playing in the most competitive era ever, have better stats than every player in history? Explain it to me.

He's not as influential/popular as the LeBrons and MJs of the world, but he has one thing going for him: he's better at basketball.

Better than Lebron? Sure. MJ? Hell no. Guys just have bad memories. MJ was a str8 killer. 6/6 6Finals MVPs two 3 peats and retired because it was too easy already for him lol. Everyone is just wanting soooo badly to put someone above MJ it’s a joke. Desperately tried with Lebron and his atrocious Finals record and choke Job in 2011. 2 of his rings came off miracle 3 from Ray Allen off a Lebron BRICKED rebound, and another title came cuz Kyrie made the game winner. Lebron will never be in the same air as MJ. All he has is longevity and stat pad of a career. And with Jokic, it’s FAR too early to put him up there either with that 1 ring
MrBigShot
RealGM
And1: 17,303

Post#28 » by MrBigShot » Wed May 15, 2024 5:30 am

Reminds me of Dirk's 48 against OKC in 2011. Obviously Jokic dominates in a different way.
"They say you miss 100% of the shots you take" - Mike James
shi-woo
Sixth Man
And1: 2,741

Post#29 » by shi-woo » Wed May 15, 2024 5:44 am

People can have the GOAT debate all they want, it's opinion, but is there anyone willing to make the argument that he isn't the greatest offensive player of all time? Like, has anyone seen a better player with the ball in their hands? Because I haven't...

He's literally Hakeem and Steve Nash fused on offense, but with the Size of Shaq. Tonight all of that was on full display, and it was worthy of all the superlatives we're giving him.
JustBuzzin
General Manager
And1: 7,080

Post#30 » by JustBuzzin » Wed May 15, 2024 5:50 am

dhsilv2 wrote:
bfchs123 wrote:
JustBuzzin wrote:Bro look at you contributing to the overreaction. :roll:

He's a rangz person...you can't talk sense to people who can't separate the player from the team.

If you seriously think Jokic is the GOAT then you just don't know basketball. In order to be the GOAT you have to prove it over a length of time.

It's like saying Mahomes is the GOAT over Brady.
JustBuzzin
General Manager
And1: 7,080

Post#31 » by JustBuzzin » Wed May 15, 2024 5:51 am

Bourne85 wrote:
Mogspan wrote:
JustBuzzin wrote:I agree, but people calling him the GOAT is just laughable.

Better than Lebron? Sure. MJ? Hell no. Guys just have bad memories. MJ was a str8 killer. 6/6 6Finals MVPs two 3 peats and retired because it was too easy already for him lol. Everyone is just wanting soooo badly to put someone above MJ it’s a joke. Desperately tried with Lebron and his atrocious Finals record and choke Job in 2011. 2 of his rings came off miracle 3 from Ray Allen off a Lebron BRICKED rebound, and another title came cuz Kyrie made the game winner. Lebron will never be in the same air as MJ. All he has is longevity and stat pad of a career. And with Jokic, it’s FAR too early to put him up there either with that 1 ring

He's not better than LeBron. I stopped reading after that. Goodnight.
LaLover11
Sixth Man
And1: 1,124

Post#32 » by LaLover11 » Wed May 15, 2024 6:04 am

Mogspan wrote:
JustBuzzin wrote:
bfchs123 wrote:

So now we don't care about defense anymore huh
Lol
Bronny will become Murray 2.0
Statlanta
RealGM
And1: 9,703

Post#33 » by Statlanta » Wed May 15, 2024 6:07 am

it was the best individual performance(playoffs) since either his Suns game last year or the Curry game in the Finals in '22
Aaron Gordon, Devin Booker, Tyrese Halliburton, Trae Young, Anthony Edwards and Luka Doncic all made the Conference Finals.

Where’s Joel Embiid?
denvers_finest
Starter
And1: 39

Post#34 » by denvers_finest » Wed May 15, 2024 6:09 am

LaLover11 wrote:
Mogspan wrote:

So now we don't care about defense anymore huh
Lol

Joker had 2 steal and a block tonight and 3 steals and a block in game 4. Joker doesn’t play defense is an old and factually inaccurate take.
dhsilv2
RealGM
And1: 23,138

Post#35 » by dhsilv2 » Wed May 15, 2024 6:19 am

JustBuzzin wrote:
dhsilv2 wrote:
bfchs123 wrote:

If you seriously think Jokic is the GOAT then you just don't know basketball. In order to be the GOAT you have to prove it over a length of time.

It's like saying Mahomes is the GOAT over Brady.

lol...you don' t know football either. Thanks for confirming it

You'll be a guy who thinks reality TV is TV..
Lakers824
Freshman
And1: 35

Post#36 » by Lakers824 » Wed May 15, 2024 6:29 am

foobar24 wrote:wow, what a performance by Jokic....unstoppable, such a gravitational force, will almost always make the right play

is this peak Jokic? can he even get better than this?!!!

I watched Jordan play---and if I'm honest, I'm even more impressed by Jokic. I would rate this 'peak' version of Jokic above Jordan.

just wow...

I think he's really close to Jordan's peak, and comfortably ahead of LeBron's peak. It's spectacular.
Ritzo
Sixth Man
And1: 2,368

Post#37 » by Ritzo » Wed May 15, 2024 6:30 am

I'd still take Embiid over him.
In the month of November of course.
Gatorade Sax
Senior
And1: 846

Post#38 » by Gatorade Sax » Wed May 15, 2024 6:33 am

2 things.

Embiid can never be mentioned in the same breath as this man again.

Shaq is a complete moron and despises any big men that threaten his legacy.
Lakers824
Freshman
And1: 35

Post#39 » by Lakers824 » Wed May 15, 2024 6:35 am

Bourne85 wrote:
Mogspan wrote:

I have it the same way. Not sure he'll quite catch Jordan, and I don't necessarily think he'll catch Kareem simply because 6 MVPs and 6 titles is a crazy total (along with leading the league in PER a record number of times), but IF he continues like this (a big IF) he's in the top 3 with an argument for goat.

He's ahead of Lebron into terms of advanced metrics when he compare peak to peak, so if the argument for lebron is totla accolades (I.e. the Lebron Stan here saying Lebron "did it for longer) then Lebron loses that argument to Kareem, using the same logic. Advanced stats go out the window and Kareem's 6 titles and 6 MVPs put him ahead of Lebron.

I think it had to be a combination of everything, and Jokic is filling out his resume with MVPs, titles, FMVPs, as well as continue to dominate statistically in a way never seen before.
Dupp
RealGM
And1: 66,689

Post#40 » by Dupp » Wed May 15, 2024 6:35 am

This guy is undoubtedly Jordan and Lebron level

Return to The General Board