Report: Redick the favorite to become Lakers coach

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

Meeksology
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,686

Re: Report: Redick the favorite to become Lakers coach 

Post#21 » by Meeksology » Wed May 15, 2024 8:56 pm

This would be a VERY bad move on JJ's part if he accepts.
socal74
Rookie
And1: 1,276

Post#22 » by socal74 » Wed May 15, 2024 8:58 pm

Bornstellar wrote:I'm not a LeBron hater by any means but it is kinda comical how it seems like his teams are always hiring rookie coaches when they have championship aspirations. I think we all know why that is :lol: I can't take Windhorst seriously when he says LeBron is not involved in the coach selections

Windhorst is one of Lebrons media lackey. Lebron made his career. He was a nobody until Lebron came into the league.
JRoy
RealGM
And1: 10,655

Post#23 » by JRoy » Wed May 15, 2024 9:01 pm

dhsilv2 wrote:I don't like losing Redick as a media guy...I don't see the upside for him.

Side bet;

Reddick gets canned after one year and his contract doesn’t include non disclosure and he spills the beans about the whole sorry mess after he gets canned.
Edrees wrote:
JRoy wrote:Monta Ellis have it all

I was hoping and expecting this to be one of the first replies. You did not disappoint. Jroy have it all.
JustBuzzin
General Manager
And1: 7,033

Post#24 » by JustBuzzin » Wed May 15, 2024 9:02 pm

socal74 wrote:
Bornstellar wrote:I'm not a LeBron hater by any means but it is kinda comical how it seems like his teams are always hiring rookie coaches when they have championship aspirations. I think we all know why that is :lol: I can't take Windhorst seriously when he says LeBron is not involved in the coach selections

Windhorst is one of Lebrons media lackey. Lebron made his career. He was a nobody until Lebron came into the league.

I heard Windhorst locks himself in his hotel and orders 1k in door dash meals on every work assignment for ESPN. I also heard Romana Shelbourne comes over for dessert.

Windy is living the life! 8-)
TinmanZBoy
General Manager
And1: 4,858

Post#25 » by TinmanZBoy » Wed May 15, 2024 9:02 pm

Redick is not even a coach material... lakers are hilarious
Hi Clutchie, I love you... :kiss
Bornstellar
General Manager
And1: 17,755

Post#26 » by Bornstellar » Wed May 15, 2024 9:03 pm

JustBuzzin wrote:
socal74 wrote:

I heard Windhorst locks himself in his hotel and orders 1k in door dash meals on every work assignment for ESPN. I also heard Romana Shelbourne comes over for dessert.

He's been in San Antonio most of this season so that can't be true because he would have doubled in size :lol: :lol:
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 22,100

Post#27 » by dockingsched » Wed May 15, 2024 9:04 pm

not about windy, woj said the same thing.
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
Bornstellar
General Manager

Post#28 » by Bornstellar » Wed May 15, 2024 9:06 pm

dockingsched wrote:

Then I don't believe Woj either.

Again, I'm not a Bron hater and I've always been pretty complimentary of him. But does anyone really believe a player of his caliber and status isn't involved in the FO coaching searches? I just don't buy it
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#29 » by dockingsched » Wed May 15, 2024 9:07 pm

levon wrote:Stein hasn't known anything for years. He's just a vibes guy that's synthesizing other insider takes after they come out publicly.

If you read his report, all he said was that many people think JJ is the favorite, which anyone can tell you by spending 10 minutes on nba social media.

Stein isn’t reporting that he’s the leading candidate within the Lakers front office, which would be a scoop. I think OP and some posters are reading too much into Stein’s report.
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
___Rand___
RealGM
And1: 10,640

Post#30 » by ___Rand___ » Wed May 15, 2024 9:08 pm

This is going to be a train wreck.
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,958

Post#31 » by basketballRob » Wed May 15, 2024 9:10 pm

Reminds of when Kerr joined the Warriors. He had no coaching experience either

Sent from my SM-G781U using RealGM Forums mobile app
cdubbz
RealGM
And1: 2,993

Post#32 » by cdubbz » Wed May 15, 2024 9:10 pm

It would 100% a train wreck, but JJ will be walking straight to the bank.

We know LBJ is 'friends' with JJ Redick, but will the other players respond and respect him?
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
KodiakBear
Sixth Man
And1: 2,208

Post#33 » by KodiakBear » Wed May 15, 2024 9:11 pm

Lebron should just be a Player/Coach. Before the "modern NBA" there were several player/coaches including the great Bill Russell. Luke Walton, Frank Vogel and Darwin Ham have all been coach killed by the King. Time to just make the King the Coach!
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#34 » by dockingsched » Wed May 15, 2024 9:11 pm

Bornstellar wrote:
dockingsched wrote:

Again, I'm not a Bron hater and I've always been pretty complimentary of him. But does anyone really believe a player of his caliber and status isn't involved in the FO coaching searches? I just don't buy it

I agree, I don’t think it’s true he’s not involved. It’s important to make a distinction though between not being involved at all, and not being involved in the ultimate decision.

I’m sure he’s involved in giving his feedback or getting a chance to air any grievances he’d have or whatever. But I think it’s perfectly fair and realistic that windy and woj are correct that Lebron isn’t involved in the ultimate decision. Front office can take his feedback, but it’s their decision to make and to live with the consequences.
JustBuzzin
General Manager
And1: 7,033

Post#35 » by JustBuzzin » Wed May 15, 2024 9:11 pm

Bornstellar wrote:
JustBuzzin wrote:
socal74 wrote:Windhorst is one of Lebrons media lackey. Lebron made his career. He was a nobody until Lebron came into the league.

He's been in San Antonio most of this season so that can't be true because he would have doubled in size :lol: :lol:
Them Churros with vanilla ice cream are a game changer! :D
KembaWalker
General Manager
And1: 11,378

Post#36 » by KembaWalker » Wed May 15, 2024 9:15 pm

Redick will have content to milk for a decade when he’s fired in 2026
KyRo23
Lead Assistant
And1: 12,344

Post#37 » by KyRo23 » Wed May 15, 2024 9:24 pm

I'm curious to know what this reason is
Potential
RealGM
And1: 44,151

Post#38 » by Potential » Wed May 15, 2024 9:27 pm

They need to get some 3&D players on the wing with some size to beat the 1 and only team stopping them from winning a championship which is Denver. They need to find their first star guard since Kobe. Find a real center and put AD back to PF. And do whatever it takes to get back their most impactful role player Alex Caruso
Bornstellar
General Manager

Post#39 » by Bornstellar » Wed May 15, 2024 9:28 pm

dockingsched wrote:
Bornstellar wrote:
dockingsched wrote:not about windy, woj said the same thing.

I agree, I don’t think it’s true he’s not involved. It’s important to make a distinction though between not being involved at all, and not being involved in the ultimate decision.

I’m sure he’s involved in giving his feedback or getting a chance to air any grievances he’d have or whatever. But I think it’s perfectly fair and realistic that windy and woj are correct that Lebron isn’t involved in the ultimate decision. Front office can take his feedback, but it’s their decision to make and to live with the consequences.

That was more what I was thinking. Not saying he ultimately has the final say or anything all the time, but I just don't believe he isn't actively involved and giving his opinion on the matter
Tim Lehrbach
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,991

Post#40 » by Tim Lehrbach » Wed May 15, 2024 9:29 pm

I can already hear the Awful Coaching guy screaming "Are you gonna talk about that on the podcast, JAYJAY?!"
Clipsz 4 Life
January 20, 2002-May 17, 2006
Saxon
February 20, 2001-August 9, 2007

Return to The General Board