Lamar Odom Most Unimproved/Mentally Weak Player in NBA?

Moderators: infinite11285, Domejandro, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77, cupcakesnake

Joseph17
RealGM
And1: 529

Post#21 » by Joseph17 » Fri Jan 25, 2008 1:36 am

SlickWilly8 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

How did that make you feal?

It probably made him feel good. I never had the chance to meet an NBA player. :( The closest I came to meeting an NBA player was seeing Marty Collins in Circuit City and Charles Oakley in a pizzeria. My dad also went to Larry Johnson's house.
10scott10
Veteran
And1: 40

Post#22 » by 10scott10 » Fri Jan 25, 2008 2:25 am

joeyyowee wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

It probably made him feel good. I never had the chance to meet an NBA player. :( The closest I came to meeting an NBA player was seeing Marty Collins in Circuit City and Charles Oakley in a pizzeria. My dad also went to Larry Johnson's house.

I met a bunch at a charity event i scored free tickets to a few years ago.

I have an autograph and i still can't tell whether it is from baron davis or grant hill. I met both and i can't tell what the signature says casue it is so messy
Ming Kong! wrote:Greg Oden = Rickrolling a franchise
EHL
Lead Assistant
And1: 2

Post#23 » by EHL » Fri Jan 25, 2008 6:51 am

joeyyowee wrote:Lamar Odom used to be one of my favorite players because of his potential. Right now he's not even in my top 10. I basically gave up on him. It's really sad because he could have been a top 10 player.

That's why he's so disappointing.
Showtime:Part2
General Manager
And1: 495

Post#24 » by Showtime:Part2 » Fri Jan 25, 2008 6:58 am

i hate him. in 10 years you better be good at something other than driving with your left.
Phil Jackson
Banned User
And1: 8

Post#25 » by Phil Jackson » Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:48 am

SlickWilly8 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

How did that make you feal?

I thought it was really cool because he was on the Crappers at the time and I watched the Crappers when the Lakers weren't playing. They had Darius Miles and Quentin Richardson.

I also met Mark Cuban he was cool and Tex Winter he was old. Shane Battier was a douchebag though there were like 10 people around him asking for autographs and I was right in front of him and he signs an autograph for this guy in the back wearing all Duke gear and then left.
legacyinthemakin89c
Veteran
And1: 1

Post#26 » by legacyinthemakin89c » Fri Jan 25, 2008 8:26 am

Are you guys serious? First of all, he had a lot more plays run for him in Miami then he does in LA. Second of all, the guy recently lost his daughter... Yeah it was a little while ago, but its still semi-recent, and you guys bag on him because his basketball skills haven't improved to a level of your approval? Odom never really fit in with the Lakers in the first place, so of course he looks lost sometimes, he went from being the #1 guy on Miami to the number 3 guy on the Lakers this season, give him a break.
MT1983
Pro Prospect
And1: 0

Post#27 » by MT1983 » Fri Jan 25, 2008 9:30 am

It seems to me he's just gone backwards since he hit LA. He had a fabolous 2004. I thought he was an all-star in waiting. He shows glimpes. He just doesn't do it consistently. It's a shame. As good as the Lakers are now, they'd be scary good if Lamar could even revert back to his 2004 level.
It took 10 frickin' years, but we've finally got a legitimate franchise player to lead us back to the top.
Craig McDermott
Banned User

Post#28 » by Craig McDermott » Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:15 am

legacyinthemakin89c wrote:Are you guys serious? First of all, he had a lot more plays run for him in Miami then he does in LA. Second of all, the guy recently lost his daughter... Yeah it was a little while ago, but its still semi-recent, and you guys bag on him because his basketball skills haven't improved to a level of your approval? Odom never really fit in with the Lakers in the first place, so of course he looks lost sometimes, he went from being the #1 guy on Miami to the number 3 guy on the Lakers this season, give him a break.

Odom has been in the league for years and hasn't shown improvement in any of his considerable faults. The death of his son (btw) has no bearing. He'd be doing the same thing even if that hadn't happened. And if it's still affecting him, he shouldn't be playing.
Craig McDermott
Banned User

Post#29 » by Craig McDermott » Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:16 am

MT1983 wrote:It seems to me he's just gone backwards since he hit LA. He had a fabolous 2004. I thought he was an all-star in waiting. He shows glimpes. He just doesn't do it consistently. It's a shame. As good as the Lakers are now, they'd be scary good if Lamar could even revert back to his 2004 level.

Wait, you mean in 2004, he didn't play **** defense, brick a hundred layups, and make bonehead decisions?
Kobay
General Manager
And1: 5

Post#30 » by Kobay » Fri Jan 25, 2008 5:09 pm

I liked this guy before too because of his street style ways and appeared to be good and all star material. And in video games I would always trade for this guy because he was quick big that could hit three pointers and drive his arse off at least in the game. But now you look at him he has nice games once or twice a month. He can rebound I give him that but he can't play defense,bricks lay ups, inconsistent and a turnover machine.
legacyinthemakin89c
Veteran

Post#31 » by legacyinthemakin89c » Fri Jan 25, 2008 5:23 pm

Craig McDermott wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Odom has been in the league for years and hasn't shown improvement in any of his considerable faults. The death of his son (btw) has no bearing. He'd be doing the same thing even if that hadn't happened. And if it's still affecting him, he shouldn't be playing.

How would you know if it had no bearing or not? Have you ever lost a son? The guy loved being a dad and his kid died, anyone reasonable human being wouldn't be motivated to do anything for a very long time.
EHL
Lead Assistant
And1: 2

Post#32 » by EHL » Sat Jan 26, 2008 11:05 pm

Bump.

Lamar Odom puts up 4 points, 2 rebounds, 2 assists, and is benched in the 4th quarter after yelling at Phil Jackson last night in Dallas.
Cevap
Banned User

Post#33 » by Cevap » Sat Jan 26, 2008 11:21 pm

odom for gooden, newble, and shannon brown
exkonvict
Bench Warmer

Post#34 » by exkonvict » Sun Jan 27, 2008 2:47 am

Cevap wrote:odom for gooden, newble, and shannon brown

Odom + VladRad for Gooden + Gibson + Shannon Brown
Craig McDermott
Banned User

Post#35 » by Craig McDermott » Sun Jan 27, 2008 3:03 am

legacyinthemakin89c wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

How would you know if it had no bearing or not? Have you ever lost a son? The guy loved being a dad and his kid died, anyone reasonable human being wouldn't be motivated to do anything for a very long time.

If. It. Is. Bothering. Him. , He. Shouldn't. Be. Playing.
TheOUTLAW
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,757

Post#36 » by TheOUTLAW » Sun Jan 27, 2008 3:04 am

I'm not sure whether Odom would be a good fit on the Cavs but I know they aren't giving up Gibson to get him.
UncleDrew wrote: I get Buckets!
LakerFanMan
Lead Assistant
And1: 16

Post#37 » by LakerFanMan » Sun Jan 27, 2008 3:27 am

Odom has much more value then Gibson. Thing is though, I seriously doubt a Lebron/Odom combo would mesh well.

I think there is a lot of of exaggerating going on here though. I mean hes a carerr 16/9/5 guy, that's not too bad. I guess the point is though he never really hit his potential. Most of us Laker fans just have no idea what the hell is wrong with Odom this season.
TheOUTLAW
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#38 » by TheOUTLAW » Sun Jan 27, 2008 3:51 am

Sure he has more value but the Cavs have very few players that can hit a 3 pointer. Not to mention the fact that this deal is more than just Gibson for Odom. I don't think it makes the Cavs a better team which is one reason that they would not include Gibson in a deal for Odom.
exkonvict
Bench Warmer

Post#39 » by exkonvict » Sun Jan 27, 2008 4:48 am

TheOUTLAW wrote:Sure he has more value but the Cavs have very few players that can hit a 3 pointer. Not to mention the fact that this deal is more than just Gibson for Odom. I don't think it makes the Cavs a better team which is one reason that they would not include Gibson in a deal for Odom.

You get VladRad as your 3pt shooter.
TheOUTLAW
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#40 » by TheOUTLAW » Sun Jan 27, 2008 4:57 am

Gibson does more than just shoot 3's however. One of these days he's going to realize that he's quicker than most people that are trying to defend him. He's got a nice floater in the lane. I really think the only thing that prevents him from putting up more points is his reluctance to shoot and/or take people off the dribble.

Return to The General Board