Official All Star Reserves (R. Allen replaces Jameer)

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 38,139

Re: Official All Star Reserves 

Post#21 » by SOUL » Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:26 pm

Also Allen snubbed Hedo last year so I have no sympathy.

and please tell me the reason why Carter was snubbed? He's playing great, but then that means NJ has two all stars and say if Jameer/Lewis was snubbed the Magic would have 1... and people would be bitching then too. There's no way to make people NOT complain. Putting up stats on teams with less options (the Nets) is way easier to do than a team with 4 legit second options (Magic)
raps4life~
General Manager
And1: 25

Post#22 » by raps4life~ » Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:26 pm

manou wrote:East is somewhat surprising with the Granger and Lewis selections.

West seems fine. No Nash, no Deron, no Melo but David West. Questionnable, but David West is playing well.

That was a surprise to you? :o :o :o Have you seen what Granger has been doing this season?
kookie_819
Assistant Coach
And1: 55

Post#23 » by kookie_819 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:26 pm

manou wrote:East is somewhat surprising with the Granger and Lewis selections.

West seems fine. No Nash, no Deron, no Shaq, no Melo but David West. Questionnable, but David West is playing well.

What? Shaq is gonna be an All-Star. Melo wouldn't have gone to the game anyway (he's injured). Nash and Deron are guards, while West is a forward.

I think Al Jefferson or Kevin Durant got snubbed. Granted, the Hornets are better than the Thunder and T'Wolves, but Big Al's been better, and Durant has been playing at a superstar level.

And @ the comments saying VC, Mo, or Ray Allen should've made it over Shard: Shard is a forward, the other players are guards. It was either Mo or Nelson for the final guard spot, but I think Nelson's deserved it more this season.
Hotstove907
Rookie
And1: 13

Post#24 » by Hotstove907 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:28 pm

Jefferson biggest snub of them all. Nelson? Was there no one else to choose from? Pretty sure Rose is playing just as well as him. Although the Magic are winning and Bulls arent.
To quote GetSeven
With Jimmy at the 2 spot this lineup (along with depth) has the potential to be the best since the Jordan/Pippen days easy.
kookie_819
Assistant Coach

Post#25 » by kookie_819 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:28 pm

da_truth34 wrote:Raw Lew over VC or Ray Ray...thats F'd up, but not as much as West over Al Jefferson. Big Al should def be on there.

Rashard Lewis is averaging 19.3/6/2.6 with stellar shooting. I think he deserves it as the backup PF. Name a PF in the East who deserves it over him.
GJense4181
Banned User
And1: 3

Post#26 » by GJense4181 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:29 pm

Here's the thing about Jameer Nelson.
If the Pistons were offered him, for free, we'd take him because we only have one worthwhile PG on the roster.
However, he would be coming off of the bench. Rodney Stuckey, starter for the sophomore team, is worth a damn, while Jameer Nelson is not.

The same thing applies to Rashard Lewis. The only way he'd start is if we went small-ball again, and I'd STILL rather start Tayshaun (better rebounder).

So if the Pistons are a worse team, yet TWO of the Magic all-stars would NOT start on our team, what does that say about the caliber of these Magic players? I'll tell you. They're good players, but they're NOT all-stars.
Rick Rolled
General Manager
And1: 3,705

Post#27 » by Rick Rolled » Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:30 pm

It's nice to be on the opposite side of a snub for once......

Look on the bright side realGM, there's now a chance that THREE Magic players can get hurt in this game.....
3Pac wrote:sorry for bad english am from pennsylvania
carrottop12
RealGM
And1: 30

Post#28 » by carrottop12 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:30 pm

David West? :rofl:

You go All-Star game!
kdot99
Veteran
And1: 212

Post#29 » by kdot99 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:31 pm

Soul wrote:Also Allen snubbed Hedo last year so I have no sympathy.

and please tell me the reason why Carter was snubbed? He's playing great, but then that means NJ has two all stars and say if Jameer/Lewis was snubbed the Magic would have 1... and people would be bitching then too. There's no way to make people NOT complain. Putting up stats on teams with less options (the Nets) is way easier to do than a team with 4 legit second options (Magic)

No they wouldn't. Just because the Magic have one of the best records in the league doesn't mean they deserve 3 all-stars. VC is having a heck of a year and it's not his fault that his GM has failed to surround him with a competitive team. It's not all about stats. If you were to put Shard on the Nets his PPG might go up but the Nets would be the worse team in the league.
Rick Rolled
General Manager

Post#30 » by Rick Rolled » Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:31 pm

GJense4181 wrote:Here's the thing about Jameer Nelson.
If the Pistons were offered him, for free, we'd take him because we only have one worthwhile PG on the roster.
However, he would be coming off of the bench. Rodney Stuckey, starter for the sophomore team, is worth a damn, while Jameer Nelson is not.

The same thing applies to Rashard Lewis. The only way he'd start is if we went small-ball again, and I'd STILL rather start Tayshaun (better rebounder).

So if the Pistons are a worse team, yet TWO of the Magic all-stars would NOT start on our team, what does that say about the caliber of these Magic players? I'll tell you. They're good players, but they're NOT all-stars.

What that tells you is that Michael Curry is not an NBA caliber coach.
Pearljam
Junior
And1: 15

Post#31 » by Pearljam » Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:31 pm

DAVID WEST?

He doesn't deserve it. Not this year.
GJense4181
Banned User
And1: 3

Post#32 » by GJense4181 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:31 pm

kookie_819 wrote:
da_truth34 wrote:Raw Lew over VC or Ray Ray...thats F'd up, but not as much as West over Al Jefferson. Big Al should def be on there.

Rashard Lewis is averaging 19.3/6/2.6 with stellar shooting. I think he deserves it as the backup PF. Name a PF in the East who deserves it over him.

It doesn't matter.
There are SFs in the East who deserve it over him.
However, my vote would be for David Lee.
Spicy P
RealGM
And1: 5,881

Post#33 » by Spicy P » Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:32 pm

I'm sorry, but Nelson and Lewis aren't All-Stars. The are just good players on a good team. You might as well throw Hedo Turkoglu on the All-Star team as well.
Cigamodnalro
RealGM
And1: 66

Post#34 » by Cigamodnalro » Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:32 pm

da_truth34 wrote:Raw Lew over VC or Ray Ray...thats F'd up

How so? Rashard is leading Ray Allen (and the league) in 3PTM by more than 16 makes. He has a higher 3PT% than Allen, and has been both a better offensive player (19 vs. 18 ppg) and defensive player (blocks, steals) this year. His team has a similar record, and he's a bigger part of his team's offense. Vince is putting up big numbers on an empty team. And if the Nets had two all-stars and the Cavs had one you would have been just as mad.
https://twitter.com/cigamodnalro
“A house pulled down is half rebuilt” - Ancient Proverb
"There's beauty in the breakdown" - Frou Frou
"We're going to turn this team around 360 degrees" - Jason Kidd
kookie_819
Assistant Coach

Post#35 » by kookie_819 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:32 pm

Hotstove907 wrote:Jefferson biggest snub of them all. Nelson? Was there no one else to choose from? Pretty sure Rose is playing just as well as him. Although the Magic are winning and Bulls arent.

Rose is playing like 6 more minutes than Jameer, and averaging nearly 3 more shot attempts per game, but the stats are very close between the two. And yes, team success is influential in choosing the Reserves.
Rick Rolled
General Manager

Post#36 » by Rick Rolled » Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:33 pm

Some people have a blatantly distorted view of reality.

I won't name names, but to say that Rashard and Jameer are basically worthless, shows a level of ignorance and immaturity that cannot even be measured.

I love seeing you people get so worked up over this......love it.
SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic

Post#37 » by SOUL » Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:34 pm

PapooseKN wrote:
Soul wrote:Also Allen snubbed Hedo last year so I have no sympathy.

No they wouldn't. Just because the Magic have one of the best records in the league doesn't mean they deserve 3 all-stars. VC is having a heck of a year and it's not his fault that his GM has failed to surround him with a competitive team.

There's two trains of thought..

Putting up great stats, and going to the all-star game or being on a winning team, playing good and getting on the all star team.

I for one think its easier to inflate numbers with a bad team. Nevermind the fact that Nelson and Lewis are playing EXTREMELY efficient and good basketball... I have no doubt Lewis could average 22+ points if its just him and Dwight and a bunch of mediocre players.

Point is I don't think either of them are a shoe in but you'd have to include either Nelson or Lewis... they picked both.
SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic

Post#38 » by SOUL » Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:35 pm

SalamiNCheez wrote:I'm sorry, but Nelson and Lewis aren't All-Stars. The are just good players on a good team. You might as well throw Hedo Turkoglu on the All-Star team as well.

Okay, so tell me a reason to not reward being a good player on a good team?

"Sorry, you played really good this year and your team has one of the best records... but we're going to pick [blank] because he has better stats!"
Fobbie
Sixth Man
And1: 225

Post#39 » by Fobbie » Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:35 pm

man where da heck is Ray Allen...and David West? comon now. I can understand last year since it was in N.O..but West..
Alex_De_Large
Lead Assistant
And1: 45

Post#40 » by Alex_De_Large » Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:36 pm

Magic duo instead of Carter is a ******* joke.
I'am ok with the other 5 guys in the EAST: Harris-Johnson-Pierce-Granger-Bosh.

Al Jefferson deserved to be also.

Return to The General Board