Dwight Howard has no chance winning the MVP

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

rip7
Analyst
And1: 0

Re: Dwight Howard has no chance winning the MVP 

Post#21 » by rip7 » Tue Sep 1, 2009 12:38 am

This kid is needy (OP). Mom doesn't give you enough attention, slugger?
ClutchCityOwns
Banned User

Post#22 » by ClutchCityOwns » Tue Sep 1, 2009 12:38 am

Bucs80 wrote:
ClutchCityOwns wrote:
Bucs80 wrote:i don't understand why

I think in pre-MVP poles he's definately going to be top 3.

I think alot of experts might have him winning it actually. and I agree

the thing is if Magic are 1st in the eastern conference there is no way he loses it.

Who are these experts? You mean your own Magic homer fan base? Yeah, Credible. :lol: ESPN gave him ONE vote.

you have no valid argument only spitting out venom of a guy who obviously a Dwight Howard hater.

Here's my argument

Lebron Won MVP (But I doubt he will win MVP again unless he raises his statistics in all areas, and has the Cavs number One in the east) Which I doubt will happen. Kobe already has won MVP, and his numbers will go down because of the talent he has around him, and him being able to save energy for the playoffs.). Howard is clearly after those guys, he will have 20-23 points 12-14 rebounds a game, with 2+ Blocks and 1-2 assist. and the Magic in my opinion getting number 1 seed in the east just gives him the MVP.

Unless Chris Paul, Dwyane Wade have put Great numbers and making their team win 50+ games with 1-3 spots in their Conferences, it's pretty much Dwight Howards MVP to lose.

Who cares about your argument, ESPN Gave this steroid junkie 1 vote and that's it.

You are an epic fail.
ClutchCityOwns
Banned User

Post#23 » by ClutchCityOwns » Tue Sep 1, 2009 12:40 am

Official wrote:If Howard puts up 24ppg, 14rpg, 2.5bpg with the best record in the league, he will win MVP.

and If Yao is healthy, he'll be the MVP. :roll:

Sorry, if you think Dwight's production is going to go up, you are just a straight up idiot.
Bucs80
Analyst
And1: 1

Post#24 » by Bucs80 » Tue Sep 1, 2009 12:42 am

lol why are you just looking at ESPN. That was the same Crew of people who all thought Cavs were going to beat them. lol so really xD

and it's hard to argue with someone who can't even post a single reason why. I mean tell me why? really?
litex wrote:I'm pretty sure that, no matter what he does, Lebron will never have "tittles" like Shaquille O'Neal does, or for that matter, Chales Barkley.
ClutchCityOwns
Banned User

Post#25 » by ClutchCityOwns » Tue Sep 1, 2009 12:44 am

Bucs80 wrote:lol why are you just looking at ESPN. That was the same Crew of people who all thought Cavs were going to beat them. lol so really xD

and it's hard to argue with someone who can't even post a single reason why. I mean tell me why? really?

Here's a difference, ESPN Voters vote for the MVP, ESPN Voters don't vote for who actually wins a series. Jesus you are lame.
Bucs80
Analyst

Post#26 » by Bucs80 » Tue Sep 1, 2009 12:46 am

MVP voters don't go for back to back MVP's. I think he would have ot raise his statistics like say 30 points 7 rebounds 7 assists to win it again, with the team being number one in the east, or atleast 2. Maybe I don't know....
litex wrote:I'm pretty sure that, no matter what he does, Lebron will never have "tittles" like Shaquille O'Neal does, or for that matter, Chales Barkley.
ClutchCityOwns
Banned User

Post#27 » by ClutchCityOwns » Tue Sep 1, 2009 12:48 am

Bucs80 wrote:MVP voters don't go for back to back MVP's. I think he would have ot raise his statistics like say 30 points 7 rebounds 7 assists to win it again, with the team being number one in the east, or atleast 2. Maybe I don't know....

You're right, because Steve Nash, Michael Jordan, Bill Russell, Magic Johnson and Larry Bird never won back to backs..... :roll:

Keep it coming simpleton.
Showtime:Part2
General Manager
And1: 495

Post#28 » by Showtime:Part2 » Tue Sep 1, 2009 12:50 am

imo, dwight got fewer mvp votes than he deserved last season. the league has to award all its young stars and wont just give lebron the mvp every year. dwight will be an mvp in 4 years or less, book it. he has the stats and the wins, so the mvp will come in due time.
Warspite:

Prince + filler for Kobe Bryant
To be honest the way Prince has played and with Kobes injury/age/mileage Im not sure I would do that deal either. Still Prince is more important and he wins the head to head battles with Kobe.
AgEnT50
General Manager
And1: 188

Post#29 » by AgEnT50 » Tue Sep 1, 2009 12:51 am

lol when Yao makes it out the 1st round, then you can talk ****** about D12
Bucs80
Analyst

Post#30 » by Bucs80 » Tue Sep 1, 2009 12:51 am

ClutchCityOwns wrote:
Bucs80 wrote:lol why are you just looking at ESPN. That was the same Crew of people who all thought Cavs were going to beat them. lol so really xD

Here's a difference, ESPN Voters vote for the MVP, ESPN Voters don't vote for who actually wins a series. Jesus you are lame.

Lame? you can't give me any reasons why he can't win MVP.

And Yao Ming was never even close to winning MVP. He was placed 12 this past season, and placed 14 in the 2003-2004 season. McGrady when playing has been placed higher than Yao ming in MVP votings.
ClutchCityOwns
Banned User

Post#31 » by ClutchCityOwns » Tue Sep 1, 2009 12:52 am

AgEnT50 wrote:lol when Yao makes it out the 1st round, then you can talk ****** about D12

:lol: Right....which was why last season he took out the Lakers, Jesus you are lame.

Talk to me when Dwayne Howroids can outplay Yao, see my YouTube vid in my sig.
ClutchCityOwns
Banned User

Post#32 » by ClutchCityOwns » Tue Sep 1, 2009 12:53 am

Bucs80 wrote:
ClutchCityOwns wrote:

Lame? you can't give me any reasons why he can't win MVP.

And Yao Ming was never even close to winning MVP. He was placed 12 this past season, and placed 14 in the 2003-2004 season. McGrady when playing has been placed higher than Yao ming in MVP votings.

HAHA, bringing up Yao? Too bad he was the heavy favorite until he got injured in mid-season in 2007. Let's see here, ESPN doesn't even think he'll win MVP, but nah he'll win it anyways, It's obvious.

Dwight Howard will magically get Hakeem Olajuwon post moves, or he'll just start injecting steroids in his legs.
AgEnT50
General Manager
And1: 188

Post#33 » by AgEnT50 » Tue Sep 1, 2009 12:57 am

ClutchCityOwns wrote:
AgEnT50 wrote:lol when Yao makes it out the 1st round, then you can talk ****** about D12

:lol: Right....which was why last season he took out the Lakers, Jesus you are lame.

:lol: Because Yao was able to take out the Lakers?

Such a hater man. . . :nonono:

It's alright, holla @ us when you make it past the Lake Show and get into the Finals :lol:
ClutchCityOwns
Banned User

Post#34 » by ClutchCityOwns » Tue Sep 1, 2009 12:58 am

AgEnT50 wrote:
ClutchCityOwns wrote:

:lol: Because Yao was able to take out the Lakers?

Such a hater man. . . :nonono:

It's alright, holla @ us when you make it past the Lake Show and get into the Finals :lol:

Oh, but i guess taking out the Blazers mean nothing, Ok. Holla at me when the Magic can make their Free throws in the Finals.

Dwight "CLANK" Howard
Nick "CLANK" Anderson
Official
Veteran
And1: 321

Post#35 » by Official » Tue Sep 1, 2009 12:59 am

Bucs80
Analyst

Post#36 » by Bucs80 » Tue Sep 1, 2009 1:05 am

Heavy Favorite in 07? what are smoking he didn't even ranked in the MVP voting. McGrady was placed 6th that year. and even when Yao went down they kept winning games. During that stretch he was out they were like 17-7..... They even have a statistic that the Rockets are better when McGrady is playing and Yao is out they have a better record than when McGrady is out and Yao is playing.

and where else can I go when ESPN has the same 3 people of last year ranking the same position again. I mean come on man, you know that's ridiculous.
Neal04
Junior
And1: 5

Post#37 » by Neal04 » Tue Sep 1, 2009 1:07 am

ClutchCityOwns wrote:HAHA, bringing up Yao? Too bad he was the heavy favorite until he got injured in mid-season in 2007. Let's see here, ESPN doesn't even think he'll win MVP, but nah he'll win it anyways, It's obvious.

Dwight Howard will magically get Hakeem Olajuwon post moves, or he'll just start injecting steroids in his legs.

Yao was never a heavy favourite mid-season in 07. That year was clearly a two man race in Dirk and Nash.
ClutchCityOwns
Banned User

Post#38 » by ClutchCityOwns » Tue Sep 1, 2009 1:08 am

Bucs80 wrote:Heavy Favorite in 07? what are smoking he didn't even ranked in the MVP voting. McGrady was placed 6th that year. and even when Yao went down they kept winning games. During that stretch he was out they were like 17-7..... They even have a statistic that the Rockets are better when McGrady is playing and Yao is out they have a better record than when McGrady is out and Yao is playing.

and where else can I go when ESPN has the same 3 people of last year ranking the same position again. I mean come on man, you know that's ridiculous.

See before January started, Yao was the MVP. Anybody who watches real basketball knows this.
OrlandoMagic310
Banned User

Post#39 » by OrlandoMagic310 » Tue Sep 1, 2009 1:10 am

Getting past the blazers doesn't mean anything you homer. We got past the Raptors two years ago and lost in the second round. It doesn't mean anything. When Yao is even mentioned in the MVP race give me a call. Also, here are some stats. Enough said.

Yao Ming last season: 19.7 ppg, 9.9 rpg 54% fg, 86.6% ft, 2.0 bpg, 1.8 apg, 3.0 turnovers
Dwight Howard last season: 20.6 ppg, 13.8 rpg, 57.2% fg, 59.4% ft, 2.9 bpg, 1.4 apg, 3.0 turnovers
Visirale
Bench Warmer

Post#40 » by Visirale » Tue Sep 1, 2009 1:12 am

Wow, this is why children shouldn't have access to computers.

If you think Dwight Howard is in his prime, I'd hate to see the rock you're hiding under in 3 or 4 years from now...

Return to The General Board