No free pass for Lebron

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

Iwasawitness
Veteran
And1: 3,412

Re: No free pass for Lebron 

Post#201 » by Iwasawitness » Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:31 am

Lalouie wrote:
Iwasawitness wrote:
Lalouie wrote:
so what

ONLY the lakers have TWO legit first ballot hof players in a league of parity.
they have the supposed goat who is a 6'8/255 freight train
they have a top center

and they can't cry about no support for lebron when the lakers are suitably equipped to beat any team when ALL teams have weaknesses

And for that reason we should throw out every and all context out the window? Imagine thinking this is a valid argument.

Some of the posts in this thread. Geez.

the game is simple and the lakers MORE than held their own. all teams have weaknesses meaning it all comes out to be the same for everyone. every team deals with issues. what are you trying to do, parse every nuance weakness strength and come up with a equitable unbiased explanation?

that is why every excuse is different and yet the same. there is no math in sports to calculate. yes,,, it's a "valid argument" because one answer is no better than another

You just said the Lakers are the only team with two for sure first ballot hall of famers, even though for one thing that isn't even true (Bucks say hi), second one of them is very clearly far past their prime. You can't sit here and think this is an actual valid argument. It's not. The Lakers are a very flawed team and LeBron is not the player he once was. They are not capable of being legitimate contenders. They were the seventh seed for a reason.

Either post like you're capable of thinking or don't post at all. Nonsense like this is just a waste of time for us to read.
xxSnEaKyPxx wrote:NBA: Stop kicking, punching, choking, and stomping on people.

Draymond: This is too much, I quit!
thebigbird
Head Coach
And1: 20,058

Post#202 » by thebigbird » Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:32 am

SportsGuru08 wrote:
NyKnicks1714 wrote:
SportsGuru08 wrote:
As usual, people try to use his age as both a crutch and a prop. Sorry, can't have it both ways. Pick a narrative and be consistent.

See, this is what happens when you're so driven by hatred or a narrative you already have in your head. You talk about how his age should only be used as a crutch or a prop, not both. You talk about "picking a narrative".

At no point do you even think about the notion of his age simply being a fact...which it is. He's 39. Sometimes he does things that are unprecedented for a 39 year old. Sometimes he does things that are consistent with being 39. These are simply facts. But for you and others like you, everything has to fit some narrative or another. Your narrative drives how you perceive things, and that's completely backwards.

If you're going to use his age to put on your kneepads for him when he plays well, then you need to excoriate him when he plays like garbage. If he's going to be held to that standard, then he needs to be judged by it at ALL TIMES, not just when it's convenient.

It’s amusing that you fail to realize that by holding him to such a high standard that his game 1 of 27/8/6 on 74% TS is, in your words, playing “like garbage,” you tacitly admit he’s the GOAT.
Memories
Veteran
And1: 4,971

Post#203 » by Memories » Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:32 am

Chessboxer wrote:
Memories wrote:It is definitely telling that Lebron can hardly make the playoffs in the West for all these years. Which shows his entire time in the East was what everyone said: an easy road to the Finals.

His consecutive years to the Finals from the East is looking more and more weak. The West has always been the harder road for over 2 decades.

People just forget that he joined his competition in the East, so it made his path so much easier. The Heatles was a essentially like a corporate merger (Lebron/Wade/Bosh) that decimated small businesses (other teams) en route to a monopoly(Finals runs). Lebrons' consecutive Finals run in the East is grossly overstated.

Thats actually a perfect analogy. Well done!

Yeah especially when their toughest opponents were teams like the Pacers (I mean come on), Bulls with Rose injured half the time, Toronto (freaking lol). That's the definition of small ass business teams lol.
Memories wrote:
Ballerhogger wrote:
Memories wrote:So still not at all over yet.

Nah it’s over 121 to 107

Clippers go on a 15-0 run right after this, and eventually win the game. :lol:
SportsGuru08
Rookie
And1: 924

Post#204 » by SportsGuru08 » Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:36 am

KyRo23 wrote:
SportsGuru08 wrote:
Sofia wrote:lol when has Lebron ever got a free pass for not winning? Dude has been most scrutinised player in league history.

get the **** out

He has an army of paid media sycophants whose main job is to create narratives and an endless barrage of excuses whenever he loses, and millions of lemmings on social media sites swallow that hook, line and sinker.

And here you are trying to turn him into some kind of martyr, which is beyond tiresome at this point.

It comes with the territory. You act like Jordan wouldn't get the same treatment if he was in the league right now :lol:

Top 3 player of all time has a lot of media talking about him, cry me a river. It's not fair!

If you're waiting for it to go away, or you're hoping these kinds of threads change whoevers mind, you're in for a rough one. It will always be like this. You will have the fans, media people on his side and what have you... and on the other side you'll have people who are just like some of the people in here that are way over the top on the other side of the coin. Welcome, enjoy your stay

Except he wouldn't. He was exocoriated until he started winning rings. LeBron has the media kissing his rear end when he gets swept out of the playoffs.

Those who propped up MJ in the '90s simply let his game and resume speak for itself rather than make a concerted effort to denigrate legends of prior eras.

There is no equivalency.
IG2
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,995

Post#205 » by IG2 » Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:38 am

VanWest82 wrote:
We've seen him do this throughout his career in exactly the same spots

I've pretty much watched every single game of LeBron's since 2007. The first instances of him displaying poor body language or being overly critical of his teammates on the court is 2018. An obvious case of I'm-too-old-for-this-shi as Cavs are no longer contenders and he's gotten used to a certain level of play since 2011. Saying that's who he's been throughout is career is complete BS. I also don't think there was anything egregious about his attitude last night. People know they can't really hate on his game, especially given his age and LA's huge underdog status in this series, so they're going to nitpick something else.
KyRo23
Lead Assistant
And1: 12,344

Post#206 » by KyRo23 » Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:40 am

SportsGuru08 wrote:
KyRo23 wrote:
SportsGuru08 wrote:
He has an army of paid media sycophants whose main job is to create narratives and an endless barrage of excuses whenever he loses, and millions of lemmings on social media sites swallow that hook, line and sinker.

And here you are trying to turn him into some kind of martyr, which is beyond tiresome at this point.

It comes with the territory. You act like Jordan wouldn't get the same treatment if he was in the league right now :lol:

Top 3 player of all time has a lot of media talking about him, cry me a river. It's not fair!

If you're waiting for it to go away, or you're hoping these kinds of threads change whoevers mind, you're in for a rough one. It will always be like this. You will have the fans, media people on his side and what have you... and on the other side you'll have people who are just like some of the people in here that are way over the top on the other side of the coin. Welcome, enjoy your stay

Except he wouldn't. He was exocoriated until he started winning rings. LeBron has the media kissing his rear end when he gets swept out of the playoffs.

Those who propped up MJ in the '90s simply let his game and resume speak for itself rather than make a concerted effort to denigrate legends of prior eras.

There is no equivalency.

Omg what a martyrrrrr :( :( to use your words

Jordan was fine, even before winning rings. What kind of ass kissing did LeBron get before winning a ring? So you're saying Jordan and LeBron started getting love after winning?

Was Jordan not called the GOAT by some before his 2nd ring?
Knightfall
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,080

Post#207 » by Knightfall » Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:42 am

NyKnicks1714 wrote:
Knightfall wrote:I have the op blocked. I'm guessing hes made plenty of posts before that I said I'm not wasting my brain cells on and this is probably another one. What I will say is for someone who is not in their prime amd probably never was your posts are terrible and im guessing have just gotten worst. I mean, if you're not good at posting it really shouldn't make you think about criticizing others and their careers. Just hang it up and retire.

OP is just trolling. It's the sincere posters nodding and cheering in agreement you should be worried about, lol.

I probably have plenty of them blocked also. Haha
VanWest82
RealGM
And1: 17,786

Post#208 » by VanWest82 » Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:47 am

IG2 wrote:
VanWest82 wrote:

I've pretty much watched every single game of LeBron's since 2007. The first instances of him displaying poor body language or being overly critical of his teammates on the court was 2018. An obvious case of I'm-too-old-for-this-shi as some games get out of control and he's too old to still be going 100%. Saying that's who he's been throughout is career is complete BS.

We saw it at the end of Cavs. vs. Celtics in 2010 to the point where even his owner accused him of quitting. We saw it throughout the 2011 Finals with even Wade cussing him out. We saw it at the beginning of his 2nd Cavs tenure where he wasn't putting in full effort late 2014, getting mad at his young teammates, and ignoring his coach. We saw it throughout 2018, including when he stopped trying for better part of a month to get his teammates traded. We saw it game one OT after the JR fiasco to end regulation where he basically stopped trying altogether and wouldn't make eye contact with teammates. We saw it while playing with Westbrook at times. There were a bunch of other times.
IG2
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,995

Post#209 » by IG2 » Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:54 am

VanWest82 wrote:We saw it at the end of Cavs. vs. Celtics in 2010 to the point where even his owner accused him of quitting.

You mean the last 90 seconds of Game 6 with the Cavs down double digits? Give me a break :lol:. I don't recall anything being off with him in that series otherwise. Cleveland just got outplayed.

Dan Gilbert said 'quitting' after LeBron bolted in free agency. Jilted ex lover syndrome, nothing more.

We saw it throughout the 2011 Finals with even Wade cussing him out.

He was mysteriously super passive in a very competitive series. Choked? Probably, but definitely not "quitting" or displaying poor body language. You said he gets like that when he knows he can't win, but that series was close all the way through.
RHODEY
RealGM
And1: 20,006

Post#210 » by RHODEY » Mon Apr 22, 2024 1:30 am

Sofia wrote:lol when has Lebron ever got a free pass for not winning? Dude has been most scrutinised player in league history.

get the **** out

:lol: :lol:
RHODEY
RealGM
And1: 20,006

Post#211 » by RHODEY » Mon Apr 22, 2024 1:32 am

VanWest82 wrote:
IG2 wrote:
VanWest82 wrote:

I've pretty much watched every single game of LeBron's since 2007. The first instances of him displaying poor body language or being overly critical of his teammates on the court was 2018. An obvious case of I'm-too-old-for-this-shi as some games get out of control and he's too old to still be going 100%. Saying that's who he's been throughout is career is complete BS.

We saw it at the end of Cavs. vs. Celtics in 2010 to the point where even his owner accused him of quitting. We saw it throughout the 2011 Finals with even Wade cussing him out. We saw it at the beginning of his 2nd Cavs tenure where he wasn't putting in full effort late 2014, getting mad at his young teammates, and ignoring his coach. We saw it throughout 2018, including when he stopped trying for better part of a month to get his teammates traded. We saw it game one OT after the JR fiasco to end regulation where he basically stopped trying altogether and wouldn't make eye contact with teammates. We saw it while playing with Westbrook at times. There were a bunch of other times.
Looks like team facts has more company. :nod:
AlexanderRight
Senior
And1: 804

Post#212 » by AlexanderRight » Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:20 am

infinite11285 wrote:
ChipotleWest wrote:
infinite11285 wrote:
Don't make a claim if you have to move the goalposts.

So Anthony Davis would not have helped those Wizards teams at all. Got it.

No, he wouldn't have. Especially in that era of the East.

The Wizards finished 5 games out of the playoffs both years. You really gon’ act like AD can’t get you 5 games? Only 1 East team barely won 50 games in 02. Only 2 teams in 03. Wtf are you talking about? :lol:
Handlez
Junior
And1: 676

Post#213 » by Handlez » Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:23 am

His career is a free pass.

Just stop it.

LeBron's team has done an amazing job at owning the media and brainwashing fans.

There's a plethora of people that actually think he's better than Jordan for crying outloud. You think Jordan allows his OWN POSITION win FOUR FMVP AWARDS? Lmfao. You think Jordan would average 17 in a finals? You think JORDAN would have a hard time with JJ BAREA AND JASON TERRY?! This is the type of stuff brainwashed fans forget about.

His team knew if you controlled the media, you control the minds of the masses. They are BRILLIANT.
prophet_of_rage
RealGM
And1: 6,669

Post#214 » by prophet_of_rage » Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:28 am

RHODEY wrote:
infinite11285 wrote:
RHODEY wrote: The prime criteria for GOAT should be ring total and finals wining percentages.

I'll give you the Lebron is the best oldest stat padder in the league....wowee! What an accomplishment.

But I think its hilarious, that a player who lost in 6 finals and only winning 4, should even be compared to someone who won all 6 finals he was in.

So by your criteria, Bill Russell is the GOAT.

I await your response.

My response is in 1957 (when Russel)won his first ring) there were 8 NBA teams. and in 1969 (last ring ) there were 12.
But Lebron had 30 teams co.pared to Jordan's 23 and then expansion. Don't pretend Jordan's NBA was the same as Lebron's.

Sent from my SM-S9080 using RealGM mobile app
prophet_of_rage
RealGM
And1: 6,669

Post#215 » by prophet_of_rage » Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:31 am

RHODEY wrote:
infinite11285 wrote:
RHODEY wrote:
Not really.

Your words: "The prime criteria for GOAT should be ring total and finals wining percentages."

Ok you got me... I should have said The prime criteria for GOAT (in the modern era) should be ring totals and finals wining percentages.

But maybe you are right stat padding and ESPN slurp should play a bigger factor :wink:
Jordan got all the slurp as you put it. He didn't have a Skip Bayless.

Sent from my SM-S9080 using RealGM mobile app
WemBA Time
Sophomore
And1: 298

Post#216 » by WemBA Time » Mon Apr 22, 2024 4:12 am

I just want to chime in that it's possible to make an argument for Jordan as GOAT without having obnoxious takes about a 39-year-old Lebron getting knocked out of the playoffs by the defending champs. But I guess trolls are gonna troll.
Not a Stan account…yet.
Ckay
Head Coach
And1: 8,402

Post#217 » by Ckay » Mon Apr 22, 2024 4:20 am

This is what Skip will bring up tomo.
Potential
RealGM
And1: 44,153

Post#218 » by Potential » Mon Apr 22, 2024 5:34 am

Lmao these troll threads make me lose brain cells.

LeBron James has been extremely impressive during his father time years and is only adding to his legacy doing things we've never seen before and will most likely never see again by an old man. Seeing the high level he's playing at has been really inspiring.

The Lakers not being able to beat the defending champions and best team in the NBA doesn't take anything away from LeBron James even if he were to "struggle" by his standards and regress into a prime Magic Johnson or old age Jordan and Kobe.

Idk what this group of LeBron haters is called but yall are trying way too hard. Every negative LeBron post on any social media app attracts everyone from the same sensitive group with the MJ and Kobe username/avatar that repeats the same phrases that never makes any sense
PierceFan4ever
RealGM
And1: 39,544

Post#219 » by PierceFan4ever » Mon Apr 22, 2024 5:42 am

Handlez wrote:His career is a free pass.

Just stop it.

LeBron's team has done an amazing job at owning the media and brainwashing fans.

There's a plethora of people that actually think he's better than Jordan for crying outloud. You think Jordan allows his OWN POSITION win FOUR FMVP AWARDS? Lmfao. You think Jordan would average 17 in a finals? You think JORDAN would have a hard time with JJ BAREA AND JASON TERRY?! This is the type of stuff brainwashed fans forget about.

His team knew if you controlled the media, you control the minds of the masses. They are BRILLIANT.

Not 5 not 6 not 7 gets 2 rings instead with that stacked roster and 1 of them involved Ray Allen saving the championship.

Jokic peak right now is better than any version of Lebron
svart
Analyst
And1: 3,456

Post#220 » by svart » Mon Apr 22, 2024 5:55 am

The Lebron haters are just as annoying like his stans.

Dude is old, wtf?
''You don't need to be serious to be focused"
Philosopher and basketball player JaVale McGee

Return to The General Board