What's your teams best offer for Donovan Mitchell?

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

Roger Murdock
RealGM
And1: 4,889

Re: What's your teams best offer for Donovan Mitchell? 

Post#201 » by Roger Murdock » Fri May 17, 2024 7:37 pm

flow wrote:
Roger Murdock wrote:In the two years since the trade happened, the Cavs win % has increased by +19% and the Jazz win% has decreased by 25%

Then winning is purely hypothetical and build on value of Cavs future draft picks. If those are high, then yeah they win. If those are low, it’s a loss. Lauri and Sexton are worth a small fraction of Mitchell and I certainly wouldn’t want to max Lauri next offseason

The year before the trade ('22), despite being ravaged with injuries throughout the season, the Cavs won 25 more games than the year before. The year after the trade ('23), and with a healthy roster, they won only 7 games more than the year before.

Comparing the Jazz win % is silly because they completely gutted their team after the '22 season, which the Mitchell trade was a part of. The fact that they somehow won 37 games in '23 is remarkable.

You cant say they won the trade and say they gutted the team at the same time. The majority of the value they got in that trade has been the building the last 2 years.
Mr Loggins
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,433

Post#202 » by Mr Loggins » Fri May 17, 2024 7:44 pm

So the Jazz are performing worse, seemingly got worse talent and won the trade?
Slimjimzv
Junior
And1: 347

Post#203 » by Slimjimzv » Fri May 17, 2024 7:45 pm

Can OKC have Evan Mobley instead?
JujitsuFlip
General Manager
And1: 5,453

Post#204 » by JujitsuFlip » Fri May 17, 2024 7:59 pm

Slimjimzv wrote:Can OKC have Evan Mobley instead?
Allegedly if it was up to his agent, he woulda got drafted by OKC.
Slimjimzv
Junior
And1: 347

Post#205 » by Slimjimzv » Fri May 17, 2024 8:00 pm

JujitsuFlip wrote:
Slimjimzv wrote:Can OKC have Evan Mobley instead?
Allegedly if it was up to his agent, he woulda got drafted by OKC.

They needed him in this series. Someone to help Chet would have been invaluable.
Chokic
Senior
And1: 667

Post#206 » by Chokic » Fri May 17, 2024 9:35 pm

flow wrote:
Chokic wrote:Mitchell isn't going anywhere. You don't trade a better version of dwade. Most likely Garland will be moved to San Antonio for their draft picks or new orleans for ingram swap.

I agree. But in this thread, we're talking about Donovan Mitchell. He's already been traded once. And the team that traded him won the trade.

How did utah win the trade? Cleveland made the post season twice since his acquisition and they have the leverage to acquire a star caliber player w/ the assets they have to contend meanwhile utah is going nowhere.
Clemenza
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,305

Post#207 » by Clemenza » Mon May 20, 2024 6:55 am

Mr Loggins wrote:
Clemenza wrote:
Laimbeer wrote:For reference the Cavs gave up -

Unprotected FRPs in 2025, 2027, 2029
Unprotected swaps in 2026 and 2028

Lauri Markkanen
Collin Sexton
Ochai Agbaji

Danny Ainge is a bad human being.

Sheesh, and people still bring up the PG/OKC trade after this?

well, given the scuttle this am is Mitchell is likely to resign with cleveland, the picks and pickawaps are likely not going to be lottery picks.

Abajai has already been trades
Sexton profiles as a 6th man heat check guy
and Markannan is going to want the max next offseason…have fun Utah

clipper, meanwhile, gave up an MVP candidate and all the future picks on an old team

He's going to resign with Cleveland. get his money situation secured and out of the way, then all of a sudden become "disgruntled" and want out to a preferred destination. Seen that move play out time and time again.
Onlytimewilltel
Veteran
And1: 3,514

Post#208 » by Onlytimewilltel » Mon May 20, 2024 6:59 am

A bag of skittles
Mr Loggins
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,433

Post#209 » by Mr Loggins » Mon May 20, 2024 10:46 am

Clemenza wrote:
Mr Loggins wrote:
Clemenza wrote:Sheesh, and people still bring up the PG/OKC trade after this?

well, given the scuttle this am is Mitchell is likely to resign with cleveland, the picks and pickawaps are likely not going to be lottery picks.

clipper, meanwhile, gave up an MVP candidate and all the future picks on an old team

He's going to resign with Cleveland. get his money situation secured and out of the way, then all of a sudden become "disgruntled" and want out to a preferred destination. Seen that move play out time and time again.

yup, but it pushes the can down the road 1-2 more years, devaluing the picks and swaps the Jazz got. And, if cleveland can turn two pretty bjg trade chips in Garland/Allen into good wings a Mitchell/Mobley at the 5 lineup has wings.

Again, In contrast to the clippers which gave up Shai and all the picks when they are going to be bad for PG.

I mean, it seems like no contest here
SlimShady83
General Manager
And1: 1,344

Post#210 » by SlimShady83 » Mon May 20, 2024 11:43 am

Lakers Send: Lebron James and 17 pic -Bronny too you guys have a bad feeling.

Heck we'll give you couple 2nd's along with it

You give Lakers Donovan LOL :)
My Personal Top 10 all time
Jordan, Russell, Bird, Duncan, Magic, Kobe, Curry, Shaq, Kareem, Bron

Top 5 will always be the same, 6-10 will change from time to time :)
I'm a Kobe fan
Clemenza
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,305

Post#211 » by Clemenza » Mon May 20, 2024 2:57 pm

Mr Loggins wrote:
Clemenza wrote:
Mr Loggins wrote:

yup, but it pushes the can down the road 1-2 more years, devaluing the picks and swaps the Jazz got. And, if cleveland can turn two pretty bjg trade chips in Garland/Allen into good wings a Mitchell/Mobley at the 5 lineup has wings.

Again, In contrast to the clippers which gave up Shai and all the picks when they are going to be bad for PG.

I mean, it seems like no contest here

We have two more 1st round pick swaps with OKC in '25 & '27 that won't mean much unless we tank and turn into a lottery team. I know people say they won the trade and rightfully so, but having 17 first round picks at your disposal and not picking up a big man for this latest playoff run against a winnable Mavs series negates a lot of the "winning the trade" talk imo.
WentzerWuver
Rookie
And1: 384

Post#212 » by WentzerWuver » Mon May 20, 2024 3:05 pm

Scalabrine wrote:
Mr Loggins wrote:
Scalabrine wrote:
Ah, I see the angle you're working on.

Sexton is a solid player. Just because a few people made you upset when he was on your team doesn't mean you need to share that opinion with them now. Get over yourself.

I think you missed the point. Sexton has performed better than he has this season, and in the words of Zach Lowe “i’ve never seen a 24 point season on good efficiency dismissed as easily as sexton”

If the nba landscape wasn’t impressed by 24ppg and he was, for all intents and purposes, a very peripheral piece on the trade….why are we impressed by 18ppg on a similarly bad team?

I remember listening to that and I think Zach Lowe was implying that he is an undervalued piece, not that he is viewed as a chucker. I also think he was coming off a pretty serious knee injury and looked pretty bad on his return. That also obviously dropped his value a bit.

I also think that, to borrow a term from Zach, "I own a lot of stock on Sexton Island". I probably think more highly of him then most, and I think for my Knicks, he'd be an absolutely perfect fit. That fit would be as a 6th man, so your point is being proven here, but he'd be a 6MOY type of 6th man that could start if for some reason Brunson or Divincenzo weren't playing. He might even take Dontes starting spot.

Trading Bogdanovic and picks for Sexton would be insane though.

Hartenstein/Robinson
Randle/OG/Achiuwa
OG/Hart
Donte/Sexton
Brunson/Sexton/McBride

Thats a team fillled with dogs.
Bobo was out for the playoffs with a foot injury so you want to trade him for another ball hog to take shots away from the Villanova triplets? And McBride is so much better than Sexton but you want him coming off the bench behind your lover? Lol you seem to be clueless when it comes to fit. Knicks basically stole Bobo from the Pistons and also got a bonus with Burks included in that trade as well without giving up any first round picks cause he is money as a pure sharpshooter. And you still kept your Randy as a starter who should be a bench warmer unless the entire team was injured.

https://youtu.be/mmEnyd_EEyM?si=ax56-7jx8__8c8af

https://youtu.be/pjslkxLbPMQ?si=U2Mpk_JtbxAu_O5x

You do know the Jazz are going young with all those picks they fleeced and don't need old players on their roster. However, he would fit the Nuggets to a T with another tall body to knock down 3 in clutch situations.
WentzerWuver
Rookie

Post#213 » by WentzerWuver » Mon May 20, 2024 4:55 pm

Kilroy wrote:Russell, Reaves and Wood for Mitchell with whatever picks necessary to make the deal work...
Lol why do Lakers fans continue to forget that AR is an untouchable and Dlo have no interest living in Ohio with his player option along with them being a contender so no young prospects like Hood-Schifino.

If you want da Spida, it would take non untouchable players along with salary matching with Rui, Hayes, Vandy, Gabe, Prince and both their unprotected first round picks once LeBron is retired.

You also have to take on their worst player on the team. Happy now?
Pointgod
RealGM
And1: 21,890

Post#214 » by Pointgod » Mon May 20, 2024 5:39 pm

Dominator83 wrote:Not worth what he would cost. He sure hasn't helped the Cavs much. And he misses alot of games.

Aren’t you a Bulls fan? I don’t think you guys could get any more rock bottom than you are now trading for Mitchell sorry :(
Dominator83
RealGM
And1: 30,121

Post#215 » by Dominator83 » Mon May 20, 2024 5:49 pm

Pointgod wrote:
Dominator83 wrote:Not worth what he would cost. He sure hasn't helped the Cavs much. And he misses alot of games.

Aren’t you a Bulls fan? I don’t think you guys could get any more rock bottom than you are now trading for Mitchell sorry :(

I am. It was fun as hell growing up as a kid. Since high school, not so much. They make it very hard for me to care anymore. But yea trading like 3 future 1sts for a Mitchell type player is probably something our GM would do. Maybe instead of a play-in team we can be a 1st round team!!
Fantasy Hoops/Football/Baseball fans..

For info on a forum that actually talks Fantasy sports and not spammed with soliciting leagues, PM me. The more the merrier !
Pointgod
RealGM
And1: 21,890

Post#216 » by Pointgod » Mon May 20, 2024 6:00 pm

Dominator83 wrote:
Pointgod wrote:

I am. It was fun as hell growing up as a kid. Since high school, not so much. They make it very hard for me to care anymore. But yea trading like 3 future 1sts for a Mitchell type player is probably something our GM would do. Maybe instead of a play-in team we can be a 1st round team!!

If it’s any consolation, any Mitchell trade would probably have Lavine going out the opposite way, but you’d probably have to add an extra pick just to take on his exploding knees.

I kind of like the idea of Mitchell surrounded by big defensive guards like White, Caruso and Lonzo if he can be resurrected from the dead, the problem would be the front court is absolute trash.
WentzerWuver
Rookie

Post#217 » by WentzerWuver » Mon May 20, 2024 6:02 pm

Dominator83 wrote:
Pointgod wrote:

They bend over backward to dump Jimmy team friendly deal not to mentioned wanted MJ gone cause he was paid too much as a GOAT but kept these overpaid clowns cause they enjoy not making the playoffs unlike the past. I be upset too.
Scalabrine
RealGM
And1: 7,410

Post#218 » by Scalabrine » Mon May 20, 2024 6:10 pm

WentzerWuver wrote:
Scalabrine wrote:
Mr Loggins wrote:
I think you missed the point. Sexton has performed better than he has this season, and in the words of Zach Lowe “i’ve never seen a 24 point season on good efficiency dismissed as easily as sexton”

If the nba landscape wasn’t impressed by 24ppg and he was, for all intents and purposes, a very peripheral piece on the trade….why are we impressed by 18ppg on a similarly bad team?

I remember listening to that and I think Zach Lowe was implying that he is an undervalued piece, not that he is viewed as a chucker. I also think he was coming off a pretty serious knee injury and looked pretty bad on his return. That also obviously dropped his value a bit.

I also think that, to borrow a term from Zach, "I own a lot of stock on Sexton Island". I probably think more highly of him then most, and I think for my Knicks, he'd be an absolutely perfect fit. That fit would be as a 6th man, so your point is being proven here, but he'd be a 6MOY type of 6th man that could start if for some reason Brunson or Divincenzo weren't playing. He might even take Dontes starting spot.

Hartenstein/Robinson
Randle/OG/Achiuwa
OG/Hart
Donte/Sexton
Brunson/Sexton/McBride

Bobo was out for the playoffs with a foot injury so you want to trade him for another ball hog to take shots away from the Villanova triplets? And McBride is so much better than Sexton but you want him coming off the bench behind your lover? Lol you seem to be clueless when it comes to fit. Knicks basically stole Bobo from the Pistons and also got a bonus with Burks included in that trade as well without giving up any first round picks cause he is money as a pure sharpshooter. And you still kept your Randy as a starter who should be a bench warmer unless the entire team was injured.

You do know the Jazz are going young with all those picks they fleeced and don't need old players on their roster. However, he would fit the Nuggets to a T with another tall body to knock down 3 in clutch situations.

What are you so angry about? What did I say that made you so mad?

Pretty much, I'd like to replace what we lost when we traded Quickley for OG. I don't think needing a guy thats capable of getting buckets and facilitating offense in a hurry is gonna be a bad fit on this Knicks team. Especially in the regular season so we can help keep Brunsons minutes down while not sacrificing wins and losses. That doesn't have to be Sexton, it could be Simons, Brogdon, Herro, CP3, Bruce Brown, Monte Morris. All of those guys should be acquirable and would fill that role that we lost.

Why is Bogdanovic a better fit on a healthy Knicks team than Sexton? Why do you think Deuce is better than Sexton? I love Deuce but that just seems like a really weird take to make, Deuce is an undersized 3 and D, energy guy that can be a secondary ball handler, but he's not running pick n roll, he's not facilitating offense. Maybe you think he'll become that? Maybe you're right! But I'm not counting on it...
Go Knicks!
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,252

Post#219 » by Kilroy » Mon May 20, 2024 7:26 pm

WentzerWuver wrote:
Kilroy wrote:Russell, Reaves and Wood for Mitchell with whatever picks necessary to make the deal work...
Lol why do Lakers fans continue to forget that AR is an untouchable and Dlo have no interest living in Ohio with his player option along with them being a contender so no young prospects like Hood-Schifino.

If you want da Spida, it would take non untouchable players along with salary matching with Rui, Hayes, Vandy, Gabe, Prince and both their unprotected first round picks once LeBron is retired.

You also have to take on their worst player on the team. Happy now?

Who said AR is untouchable? He'll be virtually redundant with Mitchell incoming...

That said, the whole 'Spida' thing makes me question the whole move... That sounds like a nick-name a 12yo gives to his RC car...
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
WentzerWuver
Rookie

Post#220 » by WentzerWuver » Mon May 20, 2024 7:29 pm

Scalabrine wrote:
WentzerWuver wrote:
Scalabrine wrote:

Hartenstein/Robinson
Randle/OG/Achiuwa
OG/Hart
Donte/Sexton
Brunson/Sexton/McBride

What are you so angry about? What did I say that made you so mad?

Pretty much, I'd like to replace what we lost when we traded Quickley for OG. I don't think needing a guy thats capable of getting buckets and facilitating offense in a hurry is gonna be a bad fit on this Knicks team. Especially in the regular season so we can help keep Brunsons minutes down while not sacrificing wins and losses. That doesn't have to be Sexton, it could be Simons, Brogdon, Herro, CP3, Bruce Brown, Monte Morris. All of those guys should be acquirable and would fill that role that we lost.

Why is Bogdanovic a better fit on a healthy Knicks team than Sexton? Why do you think Deuce is better than Sexton? I love Deuce but that just seems like a really weird take to make, Deuce is an undersized 3 and D, energy guy that can be a secondary ball handler, but he's not running pick n roll, he's not facilitating offense. Maybe you think he'll become that? Maybe you're right! But I'm not counting on it...

Confused why you think I am angry just cause I disagree how replacing a tall, difficult to block catch and shoot sharpshooter specialist coming off the bench with another short shoot first pg would help other than solving an injury issue.

https://cavaliersnation.com/2021/05/02/report-cavs-teammates-frustrated-with-how-collin-sexton-hogs-the-ball/

If this is to solve the injury problem caused by Thibs, then it makes some sense but why would the Jazz want Bobo back when they plan on going young like OKC with the boatload of picks the Jazz had fleeced. Do you even consider trades that make sense both teams or even salary ramifications?

Better question is why you think keeping Randy as a low iq inefficient starter, the same player who single-handedly lost their first round series against the Hawks, makes them a better team. If trading him for Sexton instead of Bobo, I would like it more for the Knicks. Offer a good reason why you want to keep him instead and I will never post on here again.

https://youtu.be/gBfU3ltj5t8?si=mmriwgSybBpJ9rX9

Return to The General Board