2024 NBA Playoffs: West Semifinals: #1 Oklahoma City Thunder vs #5 Dallas Mavericks (DAL WINS 4-2)

Moderators: infinite11285, Domejandro, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77, cupcakesnake

Who wins and goes to the WCFs?

Thunder in 4
4%
Thunder in 5
9%
Thunder in 6
21%
Thunder in 7
12%
Mavericks in 4
1%
Mavericks in 5
4%
Mavericks in 6
39%
Mavericks in 7
10%

Total votes: 326

MrGoat
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,569

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs: West Semifinals: #1 Oklahoma City Thunder vs #5 Dallas Mavericks (Series tied 1-1) 

Post#2021 » by MrGoat » Fri May 10, 2024 8:19 pm

Mr B wrote:
Big nick wrote:
Mr B wrote:He’s bleeding because his knee is banged up and he has a knee sprain. It’s not rocket science.

But it supposed to me his rt knee.

His right knee is sprained but both knees are banged up. He’s had a wound on his left knee (he got in the Clippers series) that keeps opening up whenever someone trips him and he falls. I would imagine that his left knee is pretty bruised too. In addition to the right knee being sprained.

There were games late in the regular season when both of them were bleeding so that goes back before the Clippers series. He had a hamstring issues and Achilles soreness in his left knee late in the season. I'm concerned he might not be able to make it through the series at this rate. Whatever they shot him up with did look like it was starting to wear off a bit in the 2nd half, I hope he's not risking a more serious injury by continuing to play but he's already said if he's able to walk then he'll play
dirkules_41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,930

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs: West Semifinals: #1 Oklahoma City Thunder vs #5 Dallas Mavericks (Series tied 1-1) 

Post#2022 » by dirkules_41 » Fri May 10, 2024 8:58 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:
ChipotleWest wrote:
Texas Chuck wrote:and nobody on the Mavs and certainly not Luka, hold Timmy accountable for his dad. Luka sees it for what it is.

Oh good now you think for Luka and the Mavs organization. You do it all. :roll:

I need to take a break from the General Board for a while. It's wild how much weight too many of you put on my posts. I'm flattered that I'm seen this way, but I'm really not a big deal. Just a dude chatting basketball. I'm never claiming to speak for everyone. Just me. You guys can relax. :D

I shouldn't have to say this is like just my opinion, man. But that goes without saying. It's my opinion. My opinion is Luka and the Mavs know that Tim and his dad are different people and that Tim doesn't ask or need his dad to speak for him.

If you want to choose the more drama filled interpretation, do you man.

Good idea, take a break Oklahoma Chuck.
MoneyTalks41890
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 21,594

Post#2023 » by MoneyTalks41890 » Fri May 10, 2024 9:23 pm

ChipotleWest wrote:Someone posted this on a Mavs forum. (not realgm)

Fans were screaming all night in OKC and both Luka and Kyrie complained to security to address it. Our guys didn't get anyone kicked out, but security did tell them to chill out. It's the reason both Luka and Kyrie taunted the fans upon leaving (Luka did the arms and Kyrie did a sarcastic wave)

Luka said fans were calling his wife and children names.

Kyrie didn't say the nature of the taunts, but responded with "all races are god's children"

Some clips I saw had fans calling Luka's wife a "b--ch" and "dog face" and I heard the N-word more than once in clips from courtside.

Classless OKC fans.

Provide evidence for your claim that there are multiple videos where OKC fans are saying the N word.

Oh and the other ones too. If you saw them they should be easy to provide, if they exist.
ChipotleWest
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,027

Post#2024 » by ChipotleWest » Fri May 10, 2024 9:36 pm

MoneyTalks41890 wrote:

Fans were screaming all night in OKC and both Luka and Kyrie complained to security to address it. Our guys didn't get anyone kicked out, but security did tell them to chill out. It's the reason both Luka and Kyrie taunted the fans upon leaving (Luka did the arms and Kyrie did a sarcastic wave)

Kyrie didn't say the nature of the taunts, but responded with "all races are god's children"

Some clips I saw had fans calling Luka's wife a "b--ch" and "dog face" and I heard the N-word more than once in clips from courtside.

Classless OKC fans.

Provide evidence for your claim that there are multiple videos where OKC fans are saying the N word.

Oh and the other ones too. If you saw them they should be easy to provide, if they exist.

As I stated multiple times and I also started off this post that you quoted that I was reposting what someone said on a Mavs forum, I didn't post any of that including "classless OKC fans" I have no video to show you as I'm not the one who made the post. But just because I don't doesn't mean it didn't happen.

I did see Luka chirpin with some fans that all I saw personally.
ChipotleWest
Lead Assistant

Post#2025 » by ChipotleWest » Fri May 10, 2024 9:44 pm

There was definitely something going on with the crowd last night. But some bad apples can ruin it for a crowd it doesn't mean every fan is that way.

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
MoneyTalks41890
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 21,594

Post#2026 » by MoneyTalks41890 » Fri May 10, 2024 9:54 pm

ChipotleWest wrote:
MoneyTalks41890 wrote:

Classless OKC fans.

As I stated multiple times and I also started off this post that you quoted that I was reposting what someone said on a Mavs forum, I didn't post any of that including "classless OKC fans" I have no video to show you as I'm not the one who made the post. But just because I don't doesn't mean it didn't happen.

It definitely doesn’t mean it happened either, and there’s currently zero indication that it did.
ChipotleWest
Lead Assistant

Post#2027 » by ChipotleWest » Fri May 10, 2024 9:55 pm

MoneyTalks41890 wrote:
ChipotleWest wrote:
MoneyTalks41890 wrote:

It definitely doesn’t mean it happened either, and there’s currently zero indication that it did.

It's possible it did it's possible it didn't, you're free to believe whatever you like. I don't really see how it's your problem what a few bad fans do anyway. It doesn't mean every OKC fan is that way. If a Mavs fan did that for example it wouldn't be my problem, dumbasses are everywhere. No need to take it so personal.
BlazersBroncos
RealGM
And1: 8,006

Post#2028 » by BlazersBroncos » Fri May 10, 2024 10:01 pm

MoneyTalks41890 wrote:

Classless OKC fans.

If there were clips of OKC fans screaming the N word you would feel ESPN's thunderous erection from 100 miles away and there would be nonstop talk of it not just on sports channels but on the national news.

But you dont, because there are no clips.
baldur
RealGM
And1: 12,593

Post#2029 » by baldur » Fri May 10, 2024 10:06 pm

why is yelling at the athletes in a sports game a problem in the United States? it is part of the game in any sport, in anywhere in the world. jesus.
Bob8
General Manager
And1: 3,693

Post#2030 » by Bob8 » Fri May 10, 2024 10:10 pm

MoneyTalks41890 wrote:
ChipotleWest wrote:
MoneyTalks41890 wrote:

Luka and Kyrie looked pissed off, I guess something definitely happened. Not sure that's the best way to help your team. Both looked very motivated. To be honest, Luka has heard things far worse in Europe.
ChipotleWest
Lead Assistant

Post#2031 » by ChipotleWest » Fri May 10, 2024 10:14 pm

Bob8 wrote:
MoneyTalks41890 wrote:
ChipotleWest wrote:

Luka and Kyrie looked pissed off, I guess something definitely happened. Not sure that's the best way to help your team. Both looked very motivated.

I can't backup someone else's claim about the n word (although many on twitter are calling them a racist crowd) but some fans were definitely crossing the line anyway.

With just over four minutes remaining in the fourth quarter of Game 2, the Dallas Mavericks held a comfortable 9-point lead, and a timeout was called. As the players headed towards their respective benches, Luka Doncic seemed to have exchanged words with a Thunders fan sitting courtside.

While things seemed pretty cordial and civil, in his post-game interview, the Slovenian recalled that a ‘grown a** man’ tried to provoke by targeting his family.

"He was sitting at courtside, going at my family - I don't like that, man," Doncic said. "He was a grown a** man, just can't do that. It's just crazy. A grown a** man going at my family, it's just nuts."

Read on Twitter
ChipotleWest
Lead Assistant

Post#2032 » by ChipotleWest » Fri May 10, 2024 10:17 pm

baldur wrote:why is yelling at the athletes in a sports game a problem in the United States? it is part of the game in any sport, in anywhere in the world. jesus.

You don't need it explained to you that there's lines you don't cross. I would hope not.

The crowd starting chanting Luka sucks that's fine that's not crossing the line.
Petergrifindor
Rookie
And1: 1,512

Post#2033 » by Petergrifindor » Fri May 10, 2024 10:22 pm

baldur wrote:why is yelling at the athletes in a sports game a problem in the United States? it is part of the game in any sport, in anywhere in the world. jesus.

Because in that aspect, they are better and more evolved than us.

You know, being nice and educated while cheering for your team, just not being a jerk. It makes sports a more family oriented entertainment. I think that's great.

Here, we don't do it that way. We can be quite nasty. It would be great if we could retain the passion and ambience of European sports, but lose the insults.
baldur
RealGM
And1: 12,593

Post#2034 » by baldur » Fri May 10, 2024 10:23 pm

Petergrifindor wrote:

Because in that aspect, they are better and more evolved than us.

You know, being nice and educated while cheering for your team, just not being a jerk. It makes sports a more family oriented entertainment. I think that's great.

Here, we don't do it that way. We can be quite nasty. It would be great if we could retain the passion and ambience of European sports, but lose the insults.

oh America is nicer and more educated than the rest of the world? sure. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Petergrifindor
Rookie
And1: 1,512

Post#2035 » by Petergrifindor » Fri May 10, 2024 10:25 pm

baldur wrote:
oh America is nicer and more educated than the rest of the world? sure. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Inside sport stadiums?

Yes,way way more than europeans. I don't know how you roll in Australia, but here we can be nasty. If Guardiola come to Madrid they will call him a junkie fa..ot, in all the stadiums of Spain they call Vinicius a Gorilla.

The same people that do this things would ask them for a photo and an autograph if they found them in the street, but inside the stadiums... a lot of us become complete morons.

At least the violence problems are way way better than 30 years ago.

Probably Japan will be the best of the world.
HotRocks34
RealGM
And1: 18,406

Post#2036 » by HotRocks34 » Fri May 10, 2024 10:52 pm

Legler latest (first segment)

https://www.youtube.com/live/ppFTDlLp1AU?si=Ze5XTBYTZMyZWs7W

* Luka has to score and hit perimeter shots for Dallas to win the series

* Think he said he picked DAL to win the series before it started

* Said Luka is still not physically right

* Said Luka physically faded as Game 2 wore on, but he hit some key shots late

* Said Luka's physical status will be a game by game matter now

Next game is a matinee. That could be bad news for the Mavs, who went 0-2 in day games in the Clips series.
** Embiid is the only MVP in NBA history to never make a conference final
** Philly won multiple playoff games without MVP Embiid
** Luka made the WCF without Brunson
** LeBron missed the playoffs with Davis
** Steph missed the playoffs with Klay
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,156

Post#2037 » by Mr B » Fri May 10, 2024 10:58 pm

MrGoat wrote:
Mr B wrote:
Big nick wrote:But it supposed to me his rt knee.

His right knee is sprained but both knees are banged up. He’s had a wound on his left knee (he got in the Clippers series) that keeps opening up whenever someone trips him and he falls. I would imagine that his left knee is pretty bruised too. In addition to the right knee being sprained.

There were games late in the regular season when both of them were bleeding so that goes back before the Clippers series. He had a hamstring issues and Achilles soreness in his left knee late in the season. I'm concerned he might not be able to make it through the series at this rate. Whatever they shot him up with did look like it was starting to wear off a bit in the 2nd half, I hope he's not risking a more serious injury by continuing to play but he's already said if he's able to walk then he'll play

The right knee sprain he got against the Kings before the end of regular season. So yea he’s been playing through these knee issues for a while now.
RunOKC
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,478

Post#2038 » by RunOKC » Fri May 10, 2024 11:15 pm

Hate to hear that some fans were crossing the line in their trash talk, but hard to believe the N word was being thrown around. It's 2024 in front of thousands of people.. it most likely would have been caught on some sort of recording, and/or fans around the culprit would have pointed them out to security. That **** doesn't fly anymore and everyone knows there are consequences for it. Really hope that didn't happen, but if it did 1. hopefully someone comes forward and outs that person and 2. we don't need to provide extra motivation as it is. I was at the game and cringed when the Luka sucks chants started (while we were down too?). If anything they should have been calling him a crybaby..

Got to see Red Panda at half time and a THIRD fan make a half court shot this playoffs in OKC at least. I swear I've seen like 8-10 half court shots made in the 20ish Thunder games I've ever been to. 3/3 this season lol. Gotta be some magnets being activated on those shots heh.

We'll see if OKC can adjust to the Mavs more disciplined defense in game 3. They did a good job closing on shooters, and did it in a way where they could recover on the next sequence of passes after we put it on the floor.
dygaction
Head Coach
And1: 4,579

Post#2039 » by dygaction » Sat May 11, 2024 5:45 am

Added left ankle soreness to Luka's injury report and chance to play decreased from last game 75% to this one at 50%

Doncic is listed as questionable for Game 3 due to the aforementioned right knee sprain as well as left ankle soreness, per the NBA injury report.

https://clutchpoints.com/mavericks-news-luka-doncic-game-3-injury-update-thunder
Apz
Head Coach
And1: 2,046

Post#2040 » by Apz » Sat May 11, 2024 6:14 am

Why the f is the west game super early and the east superlate?

Return to The General Board