2024 NBA Playoffs: East Semifinals: #1 Boston Celtics vs #4 Cleveland Cavaliers (BOS WINS 4-1)

Moderators: infinite11285, Domejandro, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77, cupcakesnake

Who wins and goes to the ECFs?

Celtics in 4
24%
Celtics in 5
47%
Celtics in 6
15%
Celtics in 7
2%
Cavaliers in 4
1%
Cavaliers in 5
2%
Cavaliers in 6
5%
Cavaliers in 7
4%

Total votes: 258

ForeverTFC
RealGM
And1: 15,135

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs: East Semifinals: #1 Boston Celtics vs #4 Cleveland Cavaliers (BOS leads 2-1) 

Post#2181 » by ForeverTFC » Tue May 14, 2024 1:31 am

PierceFan4ever wrote:The salt is insane here lmaooo

Winning road playoff games are hard in general. Wasn’t a great game by the Celtics by any means but acting like they should win every game by 20+ and if they don’t they’re pretenders is such a stupid logic. Every game is different

Agree, and sometimes it's harder playing a team suddenly missing a core piece when that's what you've game planned around.

With that said, Boston fans have to admit this wasn't a great look and while the sky isn't falling, it of course creates further doubts in a team that has a reputation of underachieving.
ChipotleWest
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,124

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs: East Semifinals: #1 Boston Celtics vs #4 Cleveland Cavaliers (BOS leads 2-1) 

Post#2182 » by ChipotleWest » Tue May 14, 2024 1:31 am

GrandTheftRondo wrote:
DowJones wrote:
ChipotleWest wrote:
Forget my hate for Porzingis, why do you hate Jaylen Brown? He's been your best player at various times, and you put this journeyman injury prone player over him? That's messed up.

He needs to convince himself that Boston really is THAT good, and the only way to do that after watching the C's in round 2 is to believe that the Zinger is anything other than a really nice role player. Instead Boston is a good team, but not dominant. They certainly aren't that 64-win team they thought they were in the regular season.

No I just happen to know what I’m talking about because I watched the team all year.

Porzingis makes this team far more potent offensively.

Did you even watch the game tonight?

If the Celtics relied on 37 year old Al Horford all season they wouldn’t have sniffed 64 wins in the regular season.

Clueless **** post.

Porzingis scored his 20 ppg like he did every year in Dallas, but he's only made the playoffs in Dallas and could only average 13 ppg. If regular season and playoffs were the same Celtics would win the title and Porzingis might even be Finals MVP, but they're not.
Scoundreldays
Veteran
And1: 2,383

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs: East Semifinals: #1 Boston Celtics vs #4 Cleveland Cavaliers (BOS leads 3-1) 

Post#2183 » by Scoundreldays » Tue May 14, 2024 1:31 am

Tatum reminding me of PG taking some very questionable contested step back 3's. He has the talent to drive I don't understand why he settles for those type of shots.
Froob
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 59,002

Post#2184 » by Froob » Tue May 14, 2024 1:31 am

bmurph128 wrote:
Froob wrote:Cavs have been kinda getting screwed ngl

Thank you. We weren't winning this series either way so it is what it is. I just want more experience for Mobley and Garland but it feels like the last few games finally hardened them against playoff nerves or whatever was getting to them

Sent from my Pixel 6 using RealGM mobile app

You guys going to move Jarrett Allen? I keep thinking okc makes sense. Mobley seems like he has a higher ceiling.

Tommy Heinsohn wrote:The game is not over until they look you in the face and start crying.

RIP The_Hater
GrandTheftRondo
General Manager
And1: 9,650

Post#2185 » by GrandTheftRondo » Tue May 14, 2024 1:31 am

bmurph128 wrote:
ORLMagicGirl15 wrote:
ForeverTFC wrote:
Perhaps that Cleveland plays their best basketball with 1 of their bigs and 1 of their guards, making two players redundant.

If the Cavs are playing their best basketball without their best big and best guard, than that is a very weird constructed team.

Yea that's not true lol. With Mitchell and Allen and the Celtics without KP we probably take this to 7 and have a shot. With Mitchell today this would have been a W

Based off what?

It would have been a completely different game for both teams with Mitchell there. Doesn’t necessarily mean a Cavs win. Celtics have a habit of playing lazy basketball in games they’re heavily favoured in.
Sweet Serenity
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,352

Post#2186 » by Sweet Serenity » Tue May 14, 2024 1:32 am

BrooklynDynasty wrote:Tatum is DeRozan with better teammates. Boston fans so happy to cut ties with Kyrie just to bet all their chips on this soft boi, lol

Might want to change your username lol
AussieCeltic
RealGM
And1: 22,034

Post#2187 » by AussieCeltic » Tue May 14, 2024 1:32 am

BrooklynDynasty wrote:Tatum is DeRozan with better teammates. Boston fans so happy to cut ties with Kyrie just to bet all their chips on this soft boi, lol

He just had 33/11/5 after having 33/13/6 with extremely good defense people are calling him Derozan or Tobias Harris.

Those guys are older and don’t even come close to producing what Tatum has in the playoffs.

You’d think Brooklyn fans of all people would know after Tatum beat KD/Kyrie in a sweep.
eyeatoma wrote:IMO the bigger issue is that Denver and the Jazz are allowed to host games at a high altitute, when they have literally had news exposes saying how it's a clear competetive advantage to play there.
MFT5
Sophomore
And1: 41

Post#2188 » by MFT5 » Tue May 14, 2024 1:32 am

The Corey's wrote:
bmurph128 wrote:
The Corey's wrote:

No. I actually think the Cavs got the whistle.

That.....will lose you any and all credibility in this forum

Tatum got a T because he bitched at the ref for not giving him the and 1 when he got smacked in the damn face on a layup

But ya bro, Celtics got the whistle.

why yu lying lol he didn’t get hit en the face at all. he actually pushed off & didn’t get called for it … at least be real yu dnt gotta lie
California Gold
Starter
And1: 2,741

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs: East Semifinals: #1 Boston Celtics vs #4 Cleveland Cavaliers (BOS leads 3-1) 

Post#2189 » by California Gold » Tue May 14, 2024 1:33 am

Celtics played with their food and got away with it on the road.

Doesn’t happen very often but you would think a team that has been through similar games in the past would learn from the past. I cant imagine they'll do this against a great team in the Finals but if they do they'll be toast.
GrandTheftRondo
General Manager

Post#2190 » by GrandTheftRondo » Tue May 14, 2024 1:34 am

ChipotleWest wrote:
GrandTheftRondo wrote:
DowJones wrote:
He needs to convince himself that Boston really is THAT good, and the only way to do that after watching the C's in round 2 is to believe that the Zinger is anything other than a really nice role player. Instead Boston is a good team, but not dominant. They certainly aren't that 64-win team they thought they were in the regular season.

No I just happen to know what I’m talking about because I watched the team all year.

If the Celtics relied on 37 year old Al Horford all season they wouldn’t have sniffed 64 wins in the regular season.

Clueless **** post.

Porzingis scored his 20 ppg like he did every year in Dallas, but he's only made the playoffs in Dallas and could only average 13 ppg. If regular season and playoffs were the same Celtics would win the title and Porzingis might even be Finals MVP, but they're not.

I don’t give a **** what you think about Porzingis
durden_tyler
RealGM
And1: 7,557

Post#2191 » by durden_tyler » Tue May 14, 2024 1:34 am

2.1 Caris LeVert makes 15-foot pullup jump shot

LOL Thanks Cleveland (+8.5 pregame) that was a late cover for Vegas. Good job! :lol:
If there is no basketball in heaven, i am not going.
KGDirkTD_Fan
Senior
And1: 629

Post#2192 » by KGDirkTD_Fan » Tue May 14, 2024 1:35 am

jbk1234 wrote:Gotta wonder if JB started Wade instead of Okoro how this game turns out.

Would he be conditioned enough to start? I thought of this too.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,701

Post#2193 » by jbk1234 » Tue May 14, 2024 1:35 am

ForeverTFC wrote:
FarBeyondDriven wrote:Cavs badly need to get a 3 and D wing that can shoot. I know it's rare but that seems to be their biggest issue. You can't run Okoro, LeVert and Struss out there. Roster construction with two small guards and two similar centers is garbage.

Should have swapped Garland for OG but obviously hard to do that when 1) you don't know if Mitchell will stay and 2) OG won't give you a commitment to stay.

Yeah, imagine how pretty our bench would look with Allen, Mitchell, and O.G. all wearing street clothes on it.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
Zeno
RealGM
And1: 20,314

Post#2194 » by Zeno » Tue May 14, 2024 1:35 am

Not a criticism, just an observation. Tatum often kind of seems to have the demeanour of a baseball player more than a basketball player.
When will we just change the name of 25 of the 30 teams to the Washington Generals?

Please advise….

Dan G.
Zaschrona
Sixth Man
And1: 1,339

Post#2195 » by Zaschrona » Tue May 14, 2024 1:36 am

KazuoOda wrote:
Zaschrona wrote:We would lose this match last season so an improvement is there. Cavs helped us but a W is a W.

The refs helped you

A few calls possibly helped us, but maybe it would also help you to shoot less threes. Can't expect many calls around the line.
GrandTheftRondo
General Manager

Post#2196 » by GrandTheftRondo » Tue May 14, 2024 1:36 am

ForeverTFC wrote:
PierceFan4ever wrote:The salt is insane here lmaooo

Winning road playoff games are hard in general. Wasn’t a great game by the Celtics by any means but acting like they should win every game by 20+ and if they don’t they’re pretenders is such a stupid logic. Every game is different

Agree, and sometimes it's harder playing a team suddenly missing a core piece when that's what you've game planned around.

With that said, Boston fans have to admit this wasn't a great look and while the sky isn't falling, it of course creates further doubts in a team that has a reputation of underachieving.

All that matters in the grand scheme of things is wins.

There’s been plenty of title contending teams throughout history that have had some difficult playoff games against lesser competition.

Mitchell being out hurts the Cavs yeah but the Cavs are a very weird team in that whenever a guard misses generally the other one plays better. Garland and Mitchell together is a strange combo. Garland needs touches.
AussieCeltic
RealGM
And1: 22,034

Post#2197 » by AussieCeltic » Tue May 14, 2024 1:37 am

SportsGuru08 wrote:
AussieCeltic wrote:
SportsGuru08 wrote:
Minnesota isn't missing their best player. False equivalence.

You’re pretty annoying.

Like really annoying.

Celtics 71-20 this season but nah, this guy thinks they should be 91-0 because other teams have injuries.

Nice strawman you've built there.

So what do you want from them? To sweep each series and have an average winning margin higher than 20 per game?

As I said, 8-2 in the playoffs, average winning margin of 17 points per game after todays game haha.

Insane
eyeatoma wrote:IMO the bigger issue is that Denver and the Jazz are allowed to host games at a high altitute, when they have literally had news exposes saying how it's a clear competetive advantage to play there.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,701

Post#2198 » by jbk1234 » Tue May 14, 2024 1:37 am

I feel like if both Mitchell and Allen can start in Game 6, we can bring it back to Cleveland.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
DowJones
RealGM
And1: 6,872

Post#2199 » by DowJones » Tue May 14, 2024 1:37 am

GrandTheftRondo wrote:
DowJones wrote:
ChipotleWest wrote:
Forget my hate for Porzingis, why do you hate Jaylen Brown? He's been your best player at various times, and you put this journeyman injury prone player over him? That's messed up.

He needs to convince himself that Boston really is THAT good, and the only way to do that after watching the C's in round 2 is to believe that the Zinger is anything other than a really nice role player. Instead Boston is a good team, but not dominant. They certainly aren't that 64-win team they thought they re the regular season.

Clueless **** post.

You are talking about the regular season as if it matters. It doesn't. The Zinger is a really nice player, and Boston would be better with him, but Cleveland was missing Mitchell and Allen tonight. Allen, at worst, is equal to Zinger. The Heat were without Butler, Rozier, and had 50% of Duncan Robinson. Stop trying to make the Zinger out to be someone he isn't. He aint that guy.
CelticSooner
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,617

2024 NBA Playoffs: East Semifinals: #1 Boston Celtics vs #4 Cleveland Cavaliers (BOS leads 3-1) 

Post#2200 » by CelticSooner » Tue May 14, 2024 1:37 am

There is something mentally dumb about this core. Mazzulla isn’t helping them much either.
“Why would I need a wheelchair if I pooped my pants?"

Return to The General Board