Bronny James dominates at the draft combine

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

CIN-C-STAR
General Manager
And1: 16,592

Re: Bronny James dominates at the draft combine 

Post#221 » by CIN-C-STAR » Wed May 15, 2024 6:24 pm

PushDaRock wrote:
CIN-C-STAR wrote:How good do you guys think Lebron would have been if he was 6' 1" instead of 6' 8"?

The IQ and athleticism would still be enough for him to be a solid NBA player but with a shaky jumper and not being able to bully his way to the basket whenever he wants, I don't think he's an All-Star. He's probably a solid starter/6th man.

Exactly.
And that's Lebron Freakin' James, the man many consider the GOAT.
What are the odds Bronny is as good as his dad? That's how difficult it will be for him to make it in the NBA.
Personally I doubt he ever reaches his dad's level in terms of skill OR athleticism.
He does have every advantage known to man handed to him, though, so he's got that going for him.
"I'd rather have Kevin Love spacing out to the three point line than anything (Karl) Malone brings"
:lol: :lol: :lol:
GeorgeSears
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,752

Post#222 » by GeorgeSears » Wed May 15, 2024 6:27 pm

docholliday99 wrote:
Zukkoyaki wrote:Kid is going to be the league's first legitimate nepo baby.

I give that honor to Austin Rivers.

It's Bronny and it's not even close. Rivers was a great high school player and avg. 15 ppg in college. Even as a pro, he had a season where he avg. 15 ppg. He was more of a draft bust, and was overall not very good, but definitely had a place in the league.

Bronny avg. 14 ppg in HIGH SCHOOL and made the McDonald's All-American team over probably more deserving people. I averaged more points in high school than he did back in my day and there was no chance of me ever making McDonald's All American. Then he averaged 4.8 ppg in college.

He received $6M starting in 6 games in college from NIL only because he's LeBron's son.

I don't know if there's ever been a nepo baby like Bronny before.
basketballto
Ballboy
And1: 37

Post#223 » by basketballto » Wed May 15, 2024 6:49 pm

Cubbies2120 wrote:Oh man, I'm taking receipts here. Y'all are going to be in for a rude awakening once Bronny exceeds any and all expectations.

I see a bunch of clowns claiming he doesn't belong in the NBA and/or is getting by with nepotism (false!) but in reality he's going to be a guy you'll build your team around and a focal point on offense and POA on defense. I think he's going to be a modern-day Austin Rivers who's hopefully given a longer leash (because Austin was held back in an effort to punish Doc). I foresee 17/6/6 rookie numbers while being in contention for an all-D team.

It's at the point where I think anyone who proclaims he doesn't "deserve" to be there is a moron. Sorry he didn't put up 30ppg in college after having a heart attack (spare me his numbers) but he's about to feast on the bigger courts where he's gonna bully guards.

He will be out of the league before you can change your screen name.
xxSnEaKyPxx
RealGM
And1: 15,776

Post#224 » by xxSnEaKyPxx » Wed May 15, 2024 7:31 pm

PushDaRock wrote:
xxSnEaKyPxx wrote:
KdoubleDees23 wrote:So verdict is out. Bronny is good at practicing and open workouts!!!!!!!!!

In the scrimmage in 20 minutes 4 pts 4 rebounds on 20% shooting. Looks about the same as college. Now put on NBA defenders against his 6 ft 1 self, and he wont be able to do anything unless he is wide open.

Why is Lebron rushing him to try to get to the league? Be a father, and have him develop and earn his way there vs using your last name!

Because LeBron being in the NBA is the only reason Bronny will make a team.

If Bronny stays in college developing, then LeBron retires, Bronny won’t sniff the NBA(unless he makes absurd improvements which I find highly unlikely.)

To be clear, I think Bronny can and will improve, I don’t think he’ll improve to the point of being an NBA caliber player though.

Yeah, I don't think he's ready for the NBA certainly but going back to college means getting his game heavily scrutinized and picked apart. This year he gets kind of a pass because of what he went through.

I don’t think he’ll ever be ready for the NBA.

Of course, I’ve been wrong before.

He’s PG size, but completely unable to run an offense. He can’t shoot(I don’t care what he does in an empty gym, in games he’s awful), while he’s athletic by measurements, when you watch him on the court he appears fairly unathletic for his frame a lot of the time.

People that hype him up can only say “he plays the right way!” Which means absolutely nothing. Do you know how many college guys “play the right way” but simply aren’t NBA players?

If LeBron was not his dad, he wouldn’t be anywhere remotely close to the conversation as an NBA prospect.
PushDaRock
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,465

Post#225 » by PushDaRock » Wed May 15, 2024 8:32 pm

xxSnEaKyPxx wrote:
PushDaRock wrote:
xxSnEaKyPxx wrote:Because LeBron being in the NBA is the only reason Bronny will make a team.

If Bronny stays in college developing, then LeBron retires, Bronny won’t sniff the NBA(unless he makes absurd improvements which I find highly unlikely.)

To be clear, I think Bronny can and will improve, I don’t think he’ll improve to the point of being an NBA caliber player though.

Yeah, I don't think he's ready for the NBA certainly but going back to college means getting his game heavily scrutinized and picked apart. This year he gets kind of a pass because of what he went through.

I don’t think he’ll ever be ready for the NBA.

Of course, I’ve been wrong before.

He’s PG size, but completely unable to run an offense. He can’t shoot(I don’t care what he does in an empty gym, in games he’s awful), while he’s athletic by measurements, when you watch him on the court he appears fairly unathletic for his frame a lot of the time.

People that hype him up can only say “he plays the right way!” Which means absolutely nothing. Do you know how many college guys “play the right way” but simply aren’t NBA players?

If LeBron was not his dad, he wouldn’t be anywhere remotely close to the conversation as an NBA prospect.

Yeah, I was saying he's an elite run/jump athlete but it doesn't translate over to the basketball court. You never see him do anything that looks athletic in the half court. The athleticism is only impressive in straight lines and that only happens on something like a chase down block or dunk on a wide open fast break.

If we were to bet today, the odds would certainly be that he isn't going to become an NBA rotation player. Sticking around as a 2 way or end of the bench guy for development is certainly possible though for a couple years even if he doesn't produce at all.

The thing is even he did average let's say 15 a game on 40% 3 point shooting this year, he still wouldn't be that exciting of a prospect. There just isn't that much projection here when we are discussing him topping out as a solid role player and that's with a lot of development.
Ayt
RealGM
And1: 13,841

Post#226 » by Ayt » Wed May 15, 2024 11:30 pm

DrCoach wrote:His floor is Miles McBride

His ceiling is Donovan mitchell

So, he's a lotto pick based on what exactly?
EmpireFalls
Starter
And1: 3,884

Post#227 » by EmpireFalls » Thu May 16, 2024 12:38 am

CIN-C-STAR wrote:How good do you guys think Lebron would have been if he was 6' 1" instead of 6' 8"?

That’s just Russell Westbrook with better BBIQ
Shock Defeat
General Manager
And1: 17,104

Post#228 » by Shock Defeat » Thu May 16, 2024 12:44 am

If Bronny makes it to the league then it must be easier to make it to the NBA than anyone thought.
BlzMwt
Rookie
And1: 1,043

Post#229 » by BlzMwt » Thu May 16, 2024 1:29 am

Chokic wrote:
KdoubleDees23 wrote:So verdict is out. Bronny is good at practicing and open workouts!!!!!!!!!

In the scrimmage in 20 minutes 4 pts 4 rebounds on 20% shooting. Looks about the same as college. Now put on NBA defenders against his 6 ft 1 self, and he wont be able to do anything unless he is wide open.

Why is Lebron rushing him to try to get to the league? Be a father, and have him develop and earn his way there vs using your last name!

He'll be at the least Avery bradley level in the nba. It's better for him to expedite his development in the nba rather than waste another year in college where he will be even more scrutinized.

Avery Bradley had a really good career for a role player.

10+ year career with 11ppg average and made two all defensive teams?

I think that would be a dream, not the floor for Bronny.
LaLover11
Sixth Man
And1: 1,083

Post#230 » by LaLover11 » Thu May 16, 2024 1:35 am

BlzMwt wrote:
Chokic wrote:

He'll be at the least Avery bradley level in the nba. It's better for him to expedite his development in the nba rather than waste another year in college where he will be even more scrutinized.

I think that would be a dream, not the floor for Bronny.[/quote]

He needs to play like Jamal Murray with a better shot selection.

LeBron can play out the post and have a copycat Jokic/Murray handoff pick n roll attack

That's the dream for Bronny not freaking Avery Bradley
At worst he will become a davion Mitchell player that can become a pest for star guards and hit the spot up 3
Bronny will become Murray 2.0
BlzMwt
Rookie
And1: 1,043

Post#231 » by BlzMwt » Thu May 16, 2024 2:12 am

LaLover11 wrote:
BlzMwt wrote:
Chokic wrote:

LeBron can play out the post and have a copycat Jokic/Murray handoff pick n roll attack

At worst he will become a davion Mitchell player that can become a pest for star guards and hit the spot up 3[/quote]

Not sure if trolling or delusional. Cmon now... at worst he is never good enough to get rotational minutes
Jables
Analyst
And1: 2,455

Post#232 » by Jables » Thu May 16, 2024 2:25 am

You could say that about any superstar (the stuff about LeBron not being dominant if he were 6'1) and I'm far from a stan, they wouldn't be dominant if they weren't athletic. No **** they are athletes. Even all of the PG sized superstars have been crazy athletic, including Curry. Dude runs pretty fast all game, defenders say he's one of the hardest to keep up with but for a long time the narrative was that he was all skill compared to less talented athletes that typically dominate the NBA, our eyes lie to us because we want to form a narrative sometimes.
Big_Aristotle
Senior
And1: 255

Post#233 » by Big_Aristotle » Thu May 16, 2024 1:05 pm

DusterBuster wrote:
Big_Aristotle wrote:
Gary Cokeman wrote:
That would be the most incompetent thing the San Antonio front office has ever done.

If it means that Lebron James would sign with them and have him mentor Wemby (body-management, court-vision, BBIQ, playoff basketball), I would say it is a big win independent of what Bronny turns out to be.

This talk of Bron and Bronny playing together has been overblown imo

Agreed. But I'm just saying that if San Antonio would pick Bronny because they know Lebron is coming, it's a smart move, independent of what Bronny would become. Lebron tutoring Wemby is worth a pick.
K N U C K L E S
Ballboy
And1: 23

Post#234 » by K N U C K L E S » Thu May 16, 2024 4:01 pm

How come I'm not hearing about any of the hurdles in the way of LeBron and his son playing together? Wouldn't whatever team LeBron ends up on next season have to waste a draft pick to make this happen? And/or wouldn't that team have to bribe other teams not to draft Bronny?

Eventhough 80% of Bronnys's value is who his father is, isn't whichever team LeBron is on next season gonna wanna bend over backwards to make him happy? Maybe guaranteeing drafting Bronny is part of the deal to get LeBron to go to their team?

Why is nobody else asking these questions? Am I the only one who doesn't know the answers?

Maybe playing with his son is just a dream for LeBron and he's not expecting anybody to bend over backwards to make it happen and the media is exaggerating the story?
Dino-Might
Sixth Man
And1: 2,179

Post#235 » by Dino-Might » Thu May 16, 2024 4:34 pm

Shock Defeat wrote:If Bronny makes it to the league then it must be easier to make it to the NBA than anyone thought.

Oh I don't know about hat. Seems pretty rare to be the son of Lebron. Not that many of those spots available.
Game, blouses.
zero rings
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,536

Post#236 » by zero rings » Thu May 16, 2024 4:35 pm

LaLover11 wrote:
BlzMwt wrote:
Chokic wrote:

At worst he will become a davion Mitchell player that can become a pest for star guards and hit the spot up 3[/quote]

Why stop at Jamal Murray? He should play like Steph Curry with more athleticism, and defend like Gary Payton. And post up like Kevin Mchale.

Thats the dream.
sjballer03
Rookie
And1: 1,093

Post#237 » by sjballer03 » Thu May 16, 2024 5:05 pm

Big_Aristotle wrote:
DusterBuster wrote:
Big_Aristotle wrote:
If it means that Lebron James would sign with them and have him mentor Wemby (body-management, court-vision, BBIQ, playoff basketball), I would say it is a big win independent of what Bronny turns out to be.

Agreed. But I'm just saying that if San Antonio would pick Bronny because they know Lebron is coming, it's a smart move, independent of what Bronny would become. Lebron tutoring Wemby is worth a pick.

Lebron is not tutoring anybody.
meekrab
RealGM
And1: 9,022

Post#238 » by meekrab » Thu May 16, 2024 5:09 pm

sjballer03 wrote:
Big_Aristotle wrote:
DusterBuster wrote:

Lebron is not tutoring anybody.

Not to mention Wemby is probably already more impactful on the court than LeBron next season.
CobraCommander
RealGM
And1: 14,472

Post#239 » by CobraCommander » Thu May 16, 2024 5:19 pm

AussieCeltic wrote:I just realised that Lebron stans are going to be around a lot longer if Bronny makes the league. Fml

Lucky for you that you won’t have to worry about that Image
og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers
And1: 29,596

Post#240 » by og15 » Thu May 16, 2024 5:30 pm

CIN-C-STAR wrote:
PushDaRock wrote:

The IQ and athleticism would still be enough for him to be a solid NBA player but with a shaky jumper and not being able to bully his way to the basket whenever he wants, I don't think he's an All-Star. He's probably a solid starter/6th man.

Exactly.
And that's Lebron Freakin' James, the man many consider the GOAT.
What are the odds Bronny is as good as his dad? That's how difficult it will be for him to make it in the NBA.
Personally I doubt he ever reaches his dad's level in terms of skill OR athleticism.
He does have every advantage known to man handed to him, though, so he's got that going for him.

A 6'1 LeBron with long arms, the athleticism, skill and IQ is a very rich man's Eric Bledsoe type player. So that's still a star PG, that's just not anything close to GOAT.

Below average shooting to start his career, which becomes better, but never great overall (eg: FT's). Great handles for 6'7, but less great for 6'1 based on LeBron not being a particularly shifty guy and Bronny even less so. Great passing and vision, but at 6'1 without the height advantage for vision, some is lost there. Elite PG defender, but can't exact the same overall defensive impact due to lack of size.

Now add a version that has lesser skills, weaker handles, weaker passing, and yea, unless there's a large skill level boost, Bronny from what we know so far is in no way destined to be any sort of NBA star. Of course things can change.

Return to The General Board