2024 NBA Playoffs: East Semifinals: #1 Boston Celtics vs #4 Cleveland Cavaliers (BOS WINS 4-1)

Moderators: infinite11285, Domejandro, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77, cupcakesnake

Who wins and goes to the ECFs?

Celtics in 4
24%
Celtics in 5
47%
Celtics in 6
15%
Celtics in 7
2%
Cavaliers in 4
1%
Cavaliers in 5
2%
Cavaliers in 6
5%
Cavaliers in 7
4%

Total votes: 258

doogie_hauser
Rookie
And1: 1,608

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs: East Semifinals: #1 Boston Celtics vs #4 Cleveland Cavaliers (BOS leads 3-1) 

Post#2201 » by doogie_hauser » Tue May 14, 2024 1:38 am

It's cold comfort I know but lots of respect to Cleveland for how they battled hard tonight without Spida. Was nervous as hell in that final quarter.
Garland is him.

Playoffs have become such a war of attrition that missing your best all star/all nba player really hurts but The Cavs pushed us all night and they deserve props for that.

We would have lost that btw if we had Marcus Smart still instead of Jrue Holliday. Jrue being a real factor these past couple of games and I am thrilled to bits.
jfs1000d
RealGM
And1: 14,070

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs: East Semifinals: #1 Boston Celtics vs #4 Cleveland Cavaliers (BOS leads 3-1) 

Post#2202 » by jfs1000d » Tue May 14, 2024 1:38 am

CelticSooner wrote:There is something mentally dumb about this core. Mazzulla isn’t helping them much either.

Team is fine. Joe been good this playoffs. Not his fault Horford can’t make a shot.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
docholliday99
Sixth Man
And1: 948

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs: East Semifinals: #1 Boston Celtics vs #4 Cleveland Cavaliers (BOS leads 2-1) 

Post#2203 » by docholliday99 » Tue May 14, 2024 1:38 am

Zaschrona wrote:
KazuoOda wrote:
Zaschrona wrote:We would lose this match last season so an improvement is there. Cavs helped us but a W is a W.

The refs helped you

A few calls possibly helped us, but maybe it would also help you to shoot less threes. Can't expect many calls around the line.

Caught the start of the game but called away, were the Cavs that passive? Maybe some questionable calls but those always happen, I’m more curious as the calls were really lopsided - were Cavs not driving tonight?
The Corey's
RealGM
And1: 6,988

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs: East Semifinals: #1 Boston Celtics vs #4 Cleveland Cavaliers (BOS leads 2-1) 

Post#2204 » by The Corey's » Tue May 14, 2024 1:39 am

MFT5 wrote:
The Corey's wrote:
bmurph128 wrote:That.....will lose you any and all credibility in this forum

Sent from my Pixel 6 using RealGM mobile app

Tatum got a T because he bitched at the ref for not giving him the and 1 when he got smacked in the damn face on a layup

But ya bro, Celtics got the whistle.

why yu lying lol he didn’t get hit en the face at all. he actually pushed off & didn’t get called for it … at least be real yu dnt gotta lie

In fact he was hit in the head by strus on that baseline jumper At the end of the game as he flew by with carless and hit defense.

It was bad. Cavs had all the help and still came up short.

Celtics in 5.
durden_tyler
RealGM
And1: 7,555

Post#2205 » by durden_tyler » Tue May 14, 2024 1:39 am

jbk1234 wrote:I feel like if both Mitchell and Allen can start in Game 6, we can bring it back to Cleveland.

Almost fell for this.

:lol:
If there is no basketball in heaven, i am not going.
Dubnation
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,528

Post#2206 » by Dubnation » Tue May 14, 2024 1:39 am

AussieCeltic wrote:
SportsGuru08 wrote:
AussieCeltic wrote:
You’re pretty annoying.

Like really annoying.

Celtics 71-20 this season but nah, this guy thinks they should be 91-0 because other teams have injuries.

Nice strawman you've built there.

So what do you want from them? To sweep each series and have an average winning margin higher than 20 per game?

As I said, 8-2 in the playoffs, average winning margin of 17 points per game after todays game haha.

Insane

Yes, now you're getting it! :wink:
Riverwalk2021
Sixth Man
And1: 1,912

Post#2207 » by Riverwalk2021 » Tue May 14, 2024 1:39 am

Assuming this Celtics team gets to the Finals which they should, they still have very little chance to beat Denver unless there is an injury to Murray, Joker or Gordon. They are too poorly coached and undisciplined. In close games, it turns into ISO ball with zero ball movement. Atrocious basketball. It has gotten more obvious as the season has progressed. If they get Dallas, OKC or Minnesota they will have a lot better of chance but wouldn't surprise me if they lose.
Homerclease
RealGM
And1: 31,699

Post#2208 » by Homerclease » Tue May 14, 2024 1:40 am

DowJones wrote:
GrandTheftRondo wrote:
DowJones wrote:
He needs to convince himself that Boston really is THAT good, and the only way to do that after watching the C's in round 2 is to believe that the Zinger is anything other than a really nice role player. Instead Boston is a good team, but not dominant. They certainly aren't that 64-win team they thought they re the regular season.

No I just happen to know what I’m talking about because I watched the team all year.

Porzingis makes this team far more potent offensively.

Did you even watch the game tonight?

If the Celtics relied on 37 year old Al Horford all season they wouldn’t have sniffed 64 wins in the regular season.

Clueless **** post.

You are talking about the regular season as if it matters. It doesn't. The Zinger is a really nice player, and Boston would be better with him, but Cleveland was missing Mitchell and Allen tonight. Allen, at worst, is equal to Zinger. The Heat were without Butler, Rozier, and had 50% of Duncan Robinson. Stop trying to make the Zinger out to be someone he isn't. He aint that guy.

Allen isn’t close to Porzingis. Stop it. Get some help.
SportsGuru08
Rookie
And1: 911

Post#2209 » by SportsGuru08 » Tue May 14, 2024 1:40 am

AussieCeltic wrote:
SportsGuru08 wrote:
AussieCeltic wrote:
You’re pretty annoying.

Like really annoying.

Celtics 71-20 this season but nah, this guy thinks they should be 91-0 because other teams have injuries.

So what do you want from them? To sweep each series and have an average winning margin higher than 20 per game?

As I said, 8-2 in the playoffs, average winning margin of 17 points per game after todays game haha.

Insane

I already explained. You just weren't paying attention and I'm not interested in repeating myself to blind fanboys.
bisme37
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 58,356

Post#2210 » by bisme37 » Tue May 14, 2024 1:41 am

Well I smoke cigarettes now but good game other than that.
jfs1000d
RealGM
And1: 14,070

Post#2211 » by jfs1000d » Tue May 14, 2024 1:41 am

DowJones wrote:
GrandTheftRondo wrote:
DowJones wrote:
He needs to convince himself that Boston really is THAT good, and the only way to do that after watching the C's in round 2 is to believe that the Zinger is anything other than a really nice role player. Instead Boston is a good team, but not dominant. They certainly aren't that 64-win team they thought they re the regular season.

No I just happen to know what I’m talking about because I watched the team all year.

Porzingis makes this team far more potent offensively.

Did you even watch the game tonight?

If the Celtics relied on 37 year old Al Horford all season they wouldn’t have sniffed 64 wins in the regular season.

Clueless **** post.

You are talking about the regular season as if it matters. It doesn't. The Zinger is a really nice player, and Boston would be better with him, but Cleveland was missing Mitchell and Allen tonight. Allen, at worst, is equal to Zinger. The Heat were without Butler, Rozier, and had 50% of Duncan Robinson. Stop trying to make the Zinger out to be someone he isn't. He aint that guy.

This is crazy talk. Allen isn’t better than Zinger. Under no circumstances. People need to watch more than their own team. Allen is good, he is better than old man Horford and not having him hurts. Because they lack talent, the Cavs miss Allen more than Celtics miss Zinger, but the talent isn’t close.

KGDirkTD_Fan
Senior
And1: 629

Post#2212 » by KGDirkTD_Fan » Tue May 14, 2024 1:41 am

doogie_hauser wrote:It's cold comfort I know but lots of respect to Cleveland for how they battled hard tonight without Spida. Was nervous as hell in that final quarter.
Garland is him.

Playoffs have become such a war of attrition that missing your best all star/all nba player really hurts but The Cavs pushed us all night and they deserve props for that.

We would have lost that btw if we had Marcus Smart still instead of Jrue Holliday. Jrue being a real factor these past couple of games and I am thrilled to bits.

The Jrue & KP acquisitions were pretty transformative. It's obvious how much of an impact he makes especially if he can generate just some offense. Makes the game really hard when Marcus Smart isn't bricking an open 3 anymore.
Zaschrona
Sixth Man
And1: 1,339

Post#2213 » by Zaschrona » Tue May 14, 2024 1:42 am

CelticSooner wrote:There is something mentally dumb about this core. Mazzulla isn’t helping them much either.

The problem is we almost always start playing lazy iso basketball once we get comfortable. Then it is not easy to switch on again. Happens with Jays again and again since that Conference Finals series vs. LeBron. The difference this year may be that we can survive with the amount of talent around them through these stretches.
doogie_hauser
Rookie
And1: 1,608

Post#2214 » by doogie_hauser » Tue May 14, 2024 1:42 am

jfs1000d wrote:

Team is fine. Joe been good this playoffs. Not his fault Horford can’t make a shot.

Al onlh playing so many mins because Porzingis is out. Would have liked some Tillman minutes tonight to be honest. But still, can't really complain about the coach, we are the first time one win away from qualifying for the Conference finals (and yes I acknowledge we have been very lucky with so many East stars from other teams going down with injuries)
AussieCeltic
RealGM
And1: 22,032

Post#2215 » by AussieCeltic » Tue May 14, 2024 1:43 am

SportsGuru08 wrote:
AussieCeltic wrote:
SportsGuru08 wrote:

Insane

I already explained. You just weren't paying attention and I'm not interested in repeating myself to blind fanboys.

You didn’t explain. You said you weren’t impressed.

So with opposition teams having a few injuries to key players and Celtics to KP, what would it take to impress you? Because 8-2 with a winning margin of 17 per game doesn’t. So what do they have to do impress you? Because they can’t change their opponent
eyeatoma wrote:IMO the bigger issue is that Denver and the Jazz are allowed to host games at a high altitute, when they have literally had news exposes saying how it's a clear competetive advantage to play there.
CelticSooner
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,617

Post#2216 » by CelticSooner » Tue May 14, 2024 1:43 am

jfs1000d wrote:

So Horford can't a shot and can't defend a chair yet Tillman can't get any run? Kornet is better defender then Horford now.
“Why would I need a wheelchair if I pooped my pants?"
Iwasawitness
Veteran
And1: 3,380

Post#2217 » by Iwasawitness » Tue May 14, 2024 1:43 am

jbk1234 wrote:
ForeverTFC wrote:
FarBeyondDriven wrote:Cavs badly need to get a 3 and D wing that can shoot. I know it's rare but that seems to be their biggest issue. You can't run Okoro, LeVert and Struss out there. Roster construction with two small guards and two similar centers is garbage.

Should have swapped Garland for OG but obviously hard to do that when 1) you don't know if Mitchell will stay and 2) OG won't give you a commitment to stay.

Yeah, imagine how pretty our bench would look with Allen, Mitchell, and O.G. all wearing street clothes on it.

Having OG, Mobley and Allen on the same team would be pretty ridiculous though.
xxSnEaKyPxx wrote:NBA: Stop kicking, punching, choking, and stomping on people.

Draymond: This is too much, I quit!
durden_tyler
RealGM
And1: 7,555

Post#2218 » by durden_tyler » Tue May 14, 2024 1:44 am

So the Celtics cheering for Knicks-Cavs to go full seven for maximum rest and if that happens, is Porzingis able to return in time for ECF Game 1? Boston fans?
If there is no basketball in heaven, i am not going.
Iwasawitness
Veteran
And1: 3,380

Post#2219 » by Iwasawitness » Tue May 14, 2024 1:44 am

AussieCeltic wrote:
SportsGuru08 wrote:
AussieCeltic wrote:

Insane

So with opposition teams having a few injuries to key players and Celtics to KP, what would it take to impress you? Because 8-2 with a winning margin of 17 per game doesn’t. So what do they have to do impress you? Because they can’t change their opponent

Don’t waste your time with this dude. He has no clue what he’s talking about.
xxSnEaKyPxx wrote:NBA: Stop kicking, punching, choking, and stomping on people.

Draymond: This is too much, I quit!
SportsGuru08
Rookie
And1: 911

Post#2220 » by SportsGuru08 » Tue May 14, 2024 1:44 am

AussieCeltic wrote:
SportsGuru08 wrote:
AussieCeltic wrote:

Insane

I explained earlier this thread. Not my fault you weren't paying attention then.

Return to The General Board