2024 NBA Playoffs: East Semifinals: #1 Boston Celtics vs #4 Cleveland Cavaliers (BOS WINS 4-1)

Moderators: infinite11285, Domejandro, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77, cupcakesnake

Who wins and goes to the ECFs?

Celtics in 4
24%
Celtics in 5
47%
Celtics in 6
15%
Celtics in 7
2%
Cavaliers in 4
1%
Cavaliers in 5
2%
Cavaliers in 6
5%
Cavaliers in 7
4%

Total votes: 258

Triple M
General Manager
And1: 2,902

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs: East Semifinals: #1 Boston Celtics vs #4 Cleveland Cavaliers (BOS leads 3-1) 

Post#2241 » by Triple M » Tue May 14, 2024 2:29 am

How can "cant choose your opponent" be looked at as an excuse???
Iwasawitness
Veteran
And1: 3,385

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs: East Semifinals: #1 Boston Celtics vs #4 Cleveland Cavaliers (BOS leads 2-1) 

Post#2242 » by Iwasawitness » Tue May 14, 2024 2:43 am

jehosafats wrote:How did the Cavs have a top 10 defensive rating in the regular season? They come across as bad defensive team, especially in transition.

The Mobley/Allen duo is a cheat code defensively, as they are both switchable bigs who can guard at the perimeter. Without the two of them playing, they usually have an improved offense but defensively they suffer.
xxSnEaKyPxx wrote:NBA: Stop kicking, punching, choking, and stomping on people.

Draymond: This is too much, I quit!
AussieCeltic
RealGM
And1: 22,038

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs: East Semifinals: #1 Boston Celtics vs #4 Cleveland Cavaliers (BOS leads 2-1) 

Post#2243 » by AussieCeltic » Tue May 14, 2024 2:47 am

SportsGuru08 wrote:
AussieCeltic wrote:
SportsGuru08 wrote:
A. The fact they've lost any games at all to these garbage opponents means they've played down to their competition

B. This is just an excuse. The fact remains they haven't faced anyone worth a damn and won't for the remainder of the Eastern playoffs. Period. Cut and dry. End of story. Bye bye.

And yes Denver's run wasn't impressive since they didn't face a single team that won more than 45 games

Not much of a guru are you?

Magic fans wouldn’t know what impressive looks like so that’s understandable.

And Celtics fans think everything they do is impressive. If you guys beat a high school team in a preseason game, you'd start acting like you just won the championship.

Only the Wolves have a better record against the spread these playoffs and they’re only 1 game better. So in terms of betting, they’re doing a good job.

So if you’re not impressed by the Celtics, you can really only be impressed by the Wolves so far these playoffs.
eyeatoma wrote:IMO the bigger issue is that Denver and the Jazz are allowed to host games at a high altitute, when they have literally had news exposes saying how it's a clear competetive advantage to play there.
GrandTheftRondo
General Manager
And1: 9,650

Post#2244 » by GrandTheftRondo » Tue May 14, 2024 2:50 am

AussieCeltic wrote:
SportsGuru08 wrote:
AussieCeltic wrote:
Not much of a guru are you?

Magic fans wouldn’t know what impressive looks like so that’s understandable.

And Celtics fans think everything they do is impressive. If you guys beat a high school team in a preseason game, you'd start acting like you just won the championship.

Only the Wolves have a better record against the spread these playoffs and they’re only 1 game better. So in terms of betting, they’re doing a good job.

So if you’re not impressed by the Celtics, you can really only be impressed by the Wolves so far these playoffs.

Poster just making straw man arguments too.

Don’t think I’ve seen any Celtics fan say we’ve been ultra impressive in these playoff games.

Job has been done so far. That’s all has has been said.

The Celtics are the only team in NBA history that is meant to win every playoff game by 40 points or else it’s a giant failure.
MFT5
Sophomore
And1: 41

Post#2245 » by MFT5 » Tue May 14, 2024 2:56 am

The Corey's wrote:
MFT5 wrote:
The Corey's wrote:
Tatum got a T because he bitched at the ref for not giving him the and 1 when he got smacked in the damn face on a layup

But ya bro, Celtics got the whistle.

why yu lying lol he didn’t get hit en the face at all. he actually pushed off & didn’t get called for it … at least be real yu dnt gotta lie

In fact he was hit in the head by strus on that baseline jumper At the end of the game as he flew by with carless and hit defense.

It was bad. Cavs had all the help and still came up short.

Celtics in 5.

unfortunately that’s not the play being discussed lol
it was a fast break lol and i dnt care for celtics or cavs my teams out west
The Corey's
RealGM
And1: 6,988

Post#2247 » by The Corey's » Tue May 14, 2024 2:58 am

MFT5 wrote:
The Corey's wrote:
MFT5 wrote:
why yu lying lol he didn’t get hit en the face at all. he actually pushed off & didn’t get called for it … at least be real yu dnt gotta lie

In fact he was hit in the head by strus on that baseline jumper At the end of the game as he flew by with carless and hit defense.

It was bad. Cavs had all the help and still came up short.

Celtics in 5.

unfortunately that’s not the play being discussed lol
it was a fast break lol and i dnt care for celtics or cavs my teams out west

Celtics got boned all night. They pulled through though.
Fat
RealGM
And1: 24,020

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs: East Semifinals: #1 Boston Celtics vs #4 Cleveland Cavaliers (BOS leads 3-1) 

Post#2248 » by Fat » Tue May 14, 2024 3:01 am

Cavs in 7
bmurph128
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,725

Post#2249 » by bmurph128 » Tue May 14, 2024 3:07 am

GrandTheftRondo wrote:
bmurph128 wrote:
ORLMagicGirl15 wrote:If the Cavs are playing their best basketball without their best big and best guard, than that is a very weird constructed team.

Yea that's not true lol. With Mitchell and Allen and the Celtics without KP we probably take this to 7 and have a shot. With Mitchell today this would have been a W

Sent from my Pixel 6 using RealGM mobile app

Based off what?

It would have been a completely different game for both teams with Mitchell there. Doesn’t necessarily mean a Cavs win. Celtics have a habit of playing lazy basketball in games they’re heavily favoured in.

He's been the best player in the series and I don't think him playing would have made the role players shoot worse, even if they took less shots. Cavs have been getting open looks all series, game one they didn't fall two game two they did game three they didn't, game four they did.
GrandTheftRondo
General Manager
And1: 9,650

Post#2250 » by GrandTheftRondo » Tue May 14, 2024 3:11 am

bmurph128 wrote:
GrandTheftRondo wrote:
bmurph128 wrote:Yea that's not true lol. With Mitchell and Allen and the Celtics without KP we probably take this to 7 and have a shot. With Mitchell today this would have been a W

Based off what?

It would have been a completely different game for both teams with Mitchell there. Doesn’t necessarily mean a Cavs win. Celtics have a habit of playing lazy basketball in games they’re heavily favoured in.

He's been the best player in the series and I don't think him playing would have made the role players shoot worse, even if they took less shots. Cavs have been getting open looks all series, game one they didn't fall two game two they did game three they didn't, game four they did.

Well it would have completely changed Garland’s game.

Celtics effort could well have changed in the first half with Mitchell out there.
Parasite
Starter
And1: 2,322

Post#2251 » by Parasite » Tue May 14, 2024 3:16 am

The Celtics have been injury cursed since ‘08. I don’t have any sympathy for any other team dealing with injuries. Heck, the Celtics don’t have Porzingis. I just want them to win a championship any way they can. It won’t lessen it for me if they have to go through injured teams to do it.
AussieCeltic
RealGM

Post#2252 » by AussieCeltic » Tue May 14, 2024 3:18 am

GrandTheftRondo wrote:
bmurph128 wrote:
GrandTheftRondo wrote:Based off what?

Well it would have completely changed Garland’s game.

Celtics effort could well have changed in the first half with Mitchell out there.

The other thing is that Mitchell is a huge liability on the defensive end. Having him and Garland in the same backcourt makes it too easy for the Celtics to score.

I’d also argue Tatum has been the best player this series.

18/11/6
25/7/6
33/13/6
33/11/5

Vs

33/6/5
29/7/8
33/6/5

Scoring fairly similar. Rebounding to Tatum. Assists similar. But Tatum has been outstanding defensively while Mitchell gets targeted.
eyeatoma wrote:IMO the bigger issue is that Denver and the Jazz are allowed to host games at a high altitute, when they have literally had news exposes saying how it's a clear competetive advantage to play there.
bmurph128
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,725

Post#2253 » by bmurph128 » Tue May 14, 2024 3:20 am

Froob wrote:
bmurph128 wrote:
Froob wrote:Cavs have been kinda getting screwed ngl

Thank you. We weren't winning this series either way so it is what it is. I just want more experience for Mobley and Garland but it feels like the last few games finally hardened them against playoff nerves or whatever was getting to them

You guys going to move Jarrett Allen? I keep thinking okc makes sense. Mobley seems like he has a higher ceiling.

I am running it back next year, even if Mitchell doesn't extend. We are due positive injury luck regression, and a fully healthy (within reason - 70-ish games) starting five probably wins 55 games this year. With injury luck and this experience, and what I think should be some development with Garland and Mobley and hopefully more cohesiveness with the whole roster - we could be in the running for the one seed and from there and with this experience, plus possibly better health, actually contend.

I can see that as a real possibility, so to me worth it even if Mitchell is possibly gone after next season.
FarBeyondDriven
Sixth Man
And1: 1,137

Post#2254 » by FarBeyondDriven » Tue May 14, 2024 4:21 am

Read on Twitter

this "Fire Joe" loser seems to be a favorite amongst Celtics fans. No wonder they all hate Joe Mazzulla. Guy is up 3-1 and on the verge of going back to the ECF despite a major overhaul of their roster in the offseason and down Porzingis and if you read their board 1/2 hate him and want him fired.
FlatearthZorro
RealGM
And1: 11,932

Post#2255 » by FlatearthZorro » Tue May 14, 2024 5:28 am

durden_tyler wrote:So the Celtics cheering for Knicks-Cavs to go full seven for maximum rest and if that happens, is Porzingis able to return in time for ECF Game 1? Boston fans?

I honestly expect him to return sometime in the ECF, not in game 1... But yea, they could use KP for sure. Horford is still good for his age, but imo, when he plays 30+ mins, he gets tired and becomes ineffective. He's perfect for ~20 mins a game.
Good assessment:

PLO wrote:Tatum played OK - took advantage of a few mismatches - decent on the defensive end. He is what we thought he was going into the season - a technically very proficient player operating close to his career ceiling as a rookie.
FlatearthZorro
RealGM
And1: 11,932

Post#2256 » by FlatearthZorro » Tue May 14, 2024 5:29 am

FarBeyondDriven wrote:
Read on Twitter

this "Fire Joe" loser seems to be a favorite amongst Celtics fans. No wonder they all hate Joe Mazzulla. Guy is up 3-1 and on the verge of going back to the ECF despite a major overhaul of their roster in the offseason and down Porzingis and if you read their board 1/2 hate him and want him fired.

If you watch the C's, the guy just does some really weird stuff.. he doesn't call timeouts when he should- C's sometimes finish games with timeouts that haven't been used. Especially in the 4th quarter when the team goes ISO super often and he does nothing to change that.
Good assessment:

PLO wrote:Tatum played OK - took advantage of a few mismatches - decent on the defensive end. He is what we thought he was going into the season - a technically very proficient player operating close to his career ceiling as a rookie.
AussieCeltic
RealGM

Post#2257 » by AussieCeltic » Tue May 14, 2024 5:54 am

FlatearthZorro wrote:
durden_tyler wrote:So the Celtics cheering for Knicks-Cavs to go full seven for maximum rest and if that happens, is Porzingis able to return in time for ECF Game 1? Boston fans?

I honestly expect him to return sometime in the ECF, not in game 1... But yea, they could use KP for sure. Horford is still good for his age, but imo, when he plays 30+ mins, he gets tired and becomes ineffective. He's perfect for ~20 mins a game.

He was doing some light warm ups today and looked pretty good. Hopefully we can finish the Cavs off in game 5 and Knicks/Pacers goes 7. That would give him another week or so which might be enough time to get him healthy to play.
KamikazeK
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,243

Post#2258 » by KamikazeK » Tue May 14, 2024 6:03 am

All the salt in here is making me yawn. Boring and predictable at this point that the haters will say anything to discount another good road win in the playoffs

Here's the bottom line, C's are on the cusp of another ECF appearance after handling their business in both prior rounds with 5-game wins. We'll see what happens when they get there, but I feel good about their chances of winning the east again and heading to the finals

After that, it's first to four wins for the title.
jkvonny
Head Coach
And1: 5,887

Post#2259 » by jkvonny » Tue May 14, 2024 8:07 am

Boston almost another clinch to the ECF.
LaLover11
Sixth Man
And1: 1,060

Post#2260 » by LaLover11 » Tue May 14, 2024 9:22 am

This is the greatest run since 2011 Dirk Mavs
Bronny will become Murray 2.0

Return to The General Board