Pat Bev throwing balls at Pacers' fans. Police investigating. Suspended 4 games! [update]

Moderators: infinite11285, Domejandro, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77, cupcakesnake

Trey24
Sixth Man
And1: 2,087

Re: Pat Bev throwing balls at Pacers' fans. 

Post#241 » by Trey24 » Fri May 3, 2024 7:15 pm

Wait so are you guys saying that fans can't talk crap to players anymore?

Are they that protected that they can't even be talked trash to? Why? Talking trash is a part of being a fan as long as it is done i a semi-respectful manner. The whole entire country has gone insane with all of this anti-free speech BS
ryguy613
Sixth Man
And1: 1,768

Post#242 » by ryguy613 » Fri May 3, 2024 7:30 pm

Lets just call it what it is. PatBev is now and has always been an emotionally stunted **** who hides his insecurities behind a tough guy persona. Hes crossed the line dozens of times over his career, and has made a name for himself more for his theatrics than his ability to play at a high level. Can only speak for myself but I'm tired of him, and I look forward to the day he retires.
Optms
RealGM
And1: 17,156

Post#243 » by Optms » Fri May 3, 2024 7:31 pm

madskillz8 wrote:
Ridicululz wrote:Pat Bev can't be doing that, but I still wonder what the fans were saying.

TBH, I don't think it is much more than regular stuff. Looking at the score, it is more likely that he's just overly frustrated and heated as they're eliminated to lower seed team.

This happened in Indiana so I am gonna guess differently.
zzaj
General Manager
And1: 2,560

Post#244 » by zzaj » Fri May 3, 2024 7:34 pm

Nate505 wrote:
zzaj wrote:Also, kinda dumb of the arena to allow fans in games to be literally one row away from the bench.

Why? Because there are idiots like Beverely who will chuck balls as them?

These seats have existed for decades. Usually professional athletes have thick skins, because who cares what a bunch of dumbass fans have to say.

Except now they really seem to care.

Yeah, that's fair. And this is a pretty isolated incident.

I guess more than anything, in this era of "celebrity" culture, it just surprises me that fans are allowed to get this close to players.

And yeah, I imagine fans probably said a lot worse things than "Cancun on 3", but that's still no excuse for this piss poor behavior.
reddyplayerone
Junior
And1: 374

Post#245 » by reddyplayerone » Fri May 3, 2024 7:40 pm

Trey24 wrote:Wait so are you guys saying that fans can't talk crap to players anymore?

Are they that protected that they can't even be talked trash to? Why? Talking trash is a part of being a fan as long as it is done i a semi-respectful manner. The whole entire country has gone insane with all of this anti-free speech BS

Oh ffs LMAO

Literally nobody has said that or even insinuated anything that could be construed as being anti-free speech

Maybe learn what the 1st Amendment actually is and what it does and calm down on the conspiracy theories
Patches Perry
RealGM
And1: 15,982

Post#246 » by Patches Perry » Fri May 3, 2024 7:44 pm

JustBuzzin wrote:
westbricc wrote:
Patches Perry wrote:
I love that the imaginary remarks keep getting more hateful and bigoted lol. You have to get deep into your imagination to justify Beverleys actions.

yeah the desperate reaching in here to validate his behavior is quite pathetic.

His behavior was uncalled for.

Just saying we wouldn't be having this conversation if the fan knew how to act.

I guess I missed something coming out aside from the original video. What did the fan do?
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 90,143

Post#247 » by Texas Chuck » Fri May 3, 2024 7:44 pm

reddyplayerone wrote:
Trey24 wrote:Wait so are you guys saying that fans can't talk crap to players anymore?

Oh ffs LMAO

Literally nobody has said that or even insinuated anything that could be construed as being anti-free speech

Maybe learn what the 1st Amendment actually is and what it does and calm down on the conspiracy theories

These guys are so ready to turn everything into their tired political agenda while complaining that the "woke" are shoving everything down their throat.

They aren't even self-aware enough to realize they are inventing windmills to tilt at lol.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
madskillz8
Senior
And1: 796

Post#248 » by madskillz8 » Fri May 3, 2024 7:45 pm

Optms wrote:
madskillz8 wrote:
Ridicululz wrote:Pat Bev can't be doing that, but I still wonder what the fans were saying.

TBH, I don't think it is much more than regular stuff. Looking at the score, it is more likely that he's just overly frustrated and heated as they're eliminated to lower seed team.

This happened in Indiana so I am gonna guess differently.

Read on Twitter

I don't know, watching the sequence again, I can see that the guy is just standing behind whole MIL crew and there are also bunch of closer players to him than Pat Bev. What I am saying is if he said something that bad to throw something at a fan, let's say racist, there would be at least one of 10 MIL players/crew that would at least turn back and look but literally zero reaction. Based on non-reactions I think he might AT WORST said something like "bye bye" or "see you in Cancun" but Pat Bev was already overly frustrated with losing.
Calvin Klein
RealGM
And1: 8,237

Post#249 » by Calvin Klein » Fri May 3, 2024 7:45 pm

JVFRMN wrote:
Read on Twitter

so this was it? what a clown

This can't be it :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Where's the poster who kept saying everybody was soft now?
Dthrill55
Ballboy
And1: 9

Post#250 » by Dthrill55 » Fri May 3, 2024 7:55 pm

Bucks assistant was smart to get the ball from the fan with the muscles, he was about to set it all the way off
JustBuzzin
General Manager
And1: 6,814

Post#251 » by JustBuzzin » Fri May 3, 2024 7:58 pm

Patches Perry wrote:
JustBuzzin wrote:
westbricc wrote:yeah the desperate reaching in here to validate his behavior is quite pathetic.

His behavior was uncalled for.

Just saying we wouldn't be having this conversation if the fan knew how to act.

I guess I missed something coming out aside from the original video. What did the fan do?

The details have yet to be released.
Slimjimzv
Junior
And1: 330

Post#252 » by Slimjimzv » Fri May 3, 2024 8:15 pm

And now he's banned from future appearances on ESPN.
Wingy
RealGM
And1: 5,087

Post#253 » by Wingy » Fri May 3, 2024 8:29 pm

Nate505 wrote:
Wingy wrote:
Slimjimzv wrote:Classic example of someone who's antics outpace his talent. No room in the league for this fool. Combined with refusing to answer questions unless the reporter is subscribed to his podcast, he's become more of a headache than an asset.

I hope the league fines him for the podcast thing. If you have a media pass to be there, you should have access to the players.

The ball thrown at the fan is inappropriate and should also draw a fine, but the league should listen and look into whatever those fans were doing too. I don’t have a lot of doubt about fans being nasty and inappropriate.

What exactly do you think that girl who got hit said?

I actually didn’t notice that since it happens so quickly once the clip starts. Do you think a woman is incapable of saying nasty, terrible things?

Fans have a right to boo. Maybe a clever zinger here and there, but no. I don’t agree their tickets guarantee the right to say abusive crap all game long.

If it’s as simple as the Cancun on 3 kind of stuff that Shams tweeted…I’d classify that in the ‘clever zinger’ category.

Pat Bev’s actions were wrong either way. Doesn’t necessarily mean the fans are completely innocent.
DusterBuster
RealGM
And1: 19,051

Post#254 » by DusterBuster » Fri May 3, 2024 8:49 pm

Calvin Klein wrote:
JVFRMN wrote:
Read on Twitter

so this was it? what a clown

This can't be it :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Where's the poster who kept saying everybody was soft now?

Pat Bev literally said this exact quote to the Blazers in the bubble. Cup. ****. Cake.
Devilzsidewalk wrote:DB is like the ultimate Wolves troll
Nuntius
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,274

Post#255 » by Nuntius » Fri May 3, 2024 8:57 pm

JustBuzzin wrote:
Nuntius wrote:
JustBuzzin wrote:So you can go anywhere in public and yell racist remarks and not expect anyone to say anything or do anything?

Seems like you living in fantasy land. It goes both ways. If the fan isn't acting a fool then this is a non story.

The problem here is that you are just pulling **** out of thin air. You are assuming that the woman that Pat Bev hit said something racist even though Pat Bev wasn't even aiming at her. He was aiming at a different fan and just **** missed and hit another fan sitting nearby.

The other assumption here is that something extreme must have been said to elicit this reaction by Beverley. But did something extreme had to be said for Beverley to react like that? Not necessarily. Beverley could have just been upset at losing and being eliminated from the playoffs. In fact, I think that his reaction to that reporter later on is a clear indication that he was just being a sore loser (and, well, a misogynist as well but that's a different discussion).

So you can assume, but I can't.

Got it.

You are the one making the assumptions, mate. Beverley being upset at being eliminated isn't an assumption. It's a fact.
"No wolf shall keep his secrets, no bird shall dance the skyline
And I am left with nothing but an oath that gleams like a sword
To bathe in the blood of man
Mankind..."

She Painted Fire Across the Skyline, Part 3
- Agalloch
Nuntius
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#256 » by Nuntius » Fri May 3, 2024 8:59 pm

JustBuzzin wrote:
Nuntius wrote:If the fan said something racial, we'd know by now. JustBuzzin is just talking out of his ass.

You have all the answers my man.

No, not me. That would be Shams:

Read on Twitter
Mankind..."

- Agalloch
Tony15
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,903

Post#257 » by Tony15 » Fri May 3, 2024 8:59 pm

A shame....dude had to bust his *** to make it to the league & now is trying to throw it all away because he's got the mentality of a toddler.

Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM mobile app
JustBuzzin
General Manager
And1: 6,814

Post#258 » by JustBuzzin » Fri May 3, 2024 9:01 pm

Nuntius wrote:
JustBuzzin wrote:
Nuntius wrote:If the fan said something racial, we'd know by now. JustBuzzin is just talking out of his ass.

You have all the answers my man.

No, not me. That would be Shams:

Read on Twitter

If this is indeed true then I apologize. I still would like confirmation from Beverly on the situation.

If he got mad at that then dude needs to seek some anger management therapy.
Nuntius
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#259 » by Nuntius » Fri May 3, 2024 9:03 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:They aren't even self-aware enough to realize they are inventing windmills to tilt at lol.

Inventing windmills is exactly what they do. It's much easier to win an argument against a strawman, after all :wink:
Mankind..."

- Agalloch
Nate505
RealGM
And1: 11,939

Post#260 » by Nate505 » Fri May 3, 2024 9:07 pm

Apparently there are people here who are literally ok with having spectators being kicked out for telling a visiting player to have fun in Cancun.

It's alarming how mentally weak these people are.

Return to The General Board