2024 NBA Playoffs: East Semifinals: #2 New York Knicks vs #6 Indiana Pacers (IND WINS 4-3)

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

Who wins GAME 7 and goes to the ECFs?

Knicks
33%
Pacers
67%

Total votes: 110

mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 101,832

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs: East Semifinals: #2 New York Knicks vs #6 Indiana Pacers 

Post#261 » by mpharris36 » Mon May 6, 2024 9:36 pm

zimpy27 wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
zimpy27 wrote:I think Pacers win this one.

Pacers PF/C combo is far better than the Knicks.
Hali and Brunson will be a close call.

The pace of the Pacers is going to exhaust the tight lineups that Thibs lays with.

Just to put in perspective the Pacers played at a much slower place in Round 1 then they did in the regular season.

Also Milwaukee was one of the worst offensive rebounding teams in the NBA. And that was with Giannis playing all year who avg nearly 3 offensive rebounds a game (by far bucks best offensive rebounders).

So Indy is going to have to deal with a completely different animal this series.

Yeah Bucks prioritise transition defense over offensive boards.

Knicks will have more shots but I'm expecting Pacers offensive efficiency to be fat higher than Knicks.

I think the pacers are likely to get more leak out opportunities. But pacers will have to secure the boards first. Is Turner capable of doing that vs two of the best offensive rebounding bigs in the NBA?

Then you have the Josh Hart factor.

Rebounding nearly 40% of your misses is pretty demoralizing to a team.

We basically killed the sixers and then the cavs last year like that. Miami was able to really able to limit that last year playoffs.

Obi and others will sure get a few leakouts thats for sure but will it be enough to combat the amount of offensive rebounds will grab?
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
jordb2k7
Pro Prospect
And1: 929

Post#262 » by jordb2k7 » Mon May 6, 2024 9:37 pm

I like the Pacers but Hali doesn’t look right. I also didn’t think the team was too impressive against an injury ridden Bucks. I think the Knicks take this series pretty easily
CreekShow
Sophomore
And1: 241

Post#263 » by CreekShow » Mon May 6, 2024 9:45 pm

A lot of wild takes from people who clearly havent watched much Pacers basketball this season. I think the Knicks should certainly be favored but I feel this Pacers team can/will surprise a lot of people in this series. This team is already ahead of schedule and playing on house money at this point. Cant wait to see how tonight goes!
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#264 » by mpharris36 » Mon May 6, 2024 9:56 pm

The two guys I'm most concerned about this series are Myles Turner on the offensive end...our two centers don't typically like to guard out at the 3 pt arc. More comfortable in the paint. Wonder if we see a bit of a cross match where OG guards the Turner/Haliburton 1/5 pick and pop.

Also I think McConnell is a pest. We struggle to guard the little shifty guards. He cooked us one game this year also. Maxey was killing us with his quickness all series.

I would let Haliburton score as much as he wants. I want to limit all his passing options and keep the role players from getting into a rhythm. Pacers will certainly have a game or two will there go bananas from deep (that is just how they operate) and those will be the games they will win. But the Knicks will succeed in mucking up the other games if the pacers aren't making all there 3's.

ROSTER

zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 37,556

Post#265 » by zimpy27 » Mon May 6, 2024 10:03 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
zimpy27 wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
Just to put in perspective the Pacers played at a much slower place in Round 1 then they did in the regular season.

Also Milwaukee was one of the worst offensive rebounding teams in the NBA. And that was with Giannis playing all year who avg nearly 3 offensive rebounds a game (by far bucks best offensive rebounders).

So Indy is going to have to deal with a completely different animal this series.

Knicks will have more shots but I'm expecting Pacers offensive efficiency to be fat higher than Knicks.

I think the pacers are likely to get more leak out opportunities. But pacers will have to secure the boards first. Is Turner capable of doing that vs two of the best offensive rebounding bigs in the NBA?

We basically killed the sixers and then the cavs last year like that. Miami was able to really able to limit that last year playoffs.

Obi and others will sure get a few leakouts thats for sure but will it be enough to combat the amount of offensive rebounds will grab?

Siakam-Turner and Obi-Jackson are the bigs. Knicks will certainly get a lot of boards but Pacers will be better than the Sixers in securing the DREBs. Knicks only had like 4 more OREB a game than Sixers and they scored same points over 6 games.
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
azcatz11
RealGM
And1: 27,642

Post#266 » by azcatz11 » Mon May 6, 2024 10:05 pm

I wonder if the pacers will blitz the Knicks tonight and win by 10
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#267 » by mpharris36 » Mon May 6, 2024 10:18 pm

zimpy27 wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
zimpy27 wrote:

Siakam-Turner and Obi-Jackson are the bigs. Knicks will certainly get a lot of boards but Pacers will be better than the Sixers in securing the DREBs. Knicks only had like 4 more OREB a game than Sixers and they scored same points over 6 games.

Why do you think Pacers are a better rebounding team than sixers when they werent in the regular season. And Jackson isn't even in there rotation. They played obi at the 5 vs Milwaukee. They probably have to play smith or Jackson a bit vs the Knicks but if they do they will sacrifice some spacing to do that.

Embiid still is a +10 type rebound guy. Turner and Obi are pretty poor rebounders for there position.

ROSTER

Wolfgang630
RealGM
And1: 17,377

Post#268 » by Wolfgang630 » Mon May 6, 2024 10:33 pm

This will be fun to watch
Edrees
RealGM
And1: 11,289

Post#269 » by Edrees » Mon May 6, 2024 10:48 pm

Looking forward to this series starting. Finally a good series in the east
___Rand___
RealGM
And1: 10,646

Post#270 » by ___Rand___ » Mon May 6, 2024 10:54 pm

Edrees wrote:Looking forward to this series starting. Finally a good series in the east

Where you been bro? Knicks-Sixers have been the best series of these playoffs. Of the last few years. Heck best series since Raptors won the chip!
ForeverTFC
RealGM
And1: 15,197

Post#271 » by ForeverTFC » Mon May 6, 2024 10:58 pm

mpharris36 wrote:The two guys I'm most concerned about this series are Myles Turner on the offensive end...our two centers don't typically like to guard out at the 3 pt arc. More comfortable in the paint. Wonder if we see a bit of a cross match where OG guards the Turner/Haliburton 1/5 pick and pop.

Also I think McConnell is a pest. We struggle to guard the little shifty guards. He cooked us one game this year also. Maxey was killing us with his quickness all series.

I would let Haliburton score as much as he wants. I want to limit all his passing options and keep the role players from getting into a rhythm. Pacers will certainly have a game or two will there go bananas from deep (that is just how they operate) and those will be the games they will win. But the Knicks will succeed in mucking up the other games if the pacers aren't making all there 3's.

Turner is the key for the Pacers to come up with an upset, short of Hali reverting to his 1 month superstar form. The Knicks can (and likely will) throw OG at Siakam and clog the paint behind him with Mitchell/Hartenstein. I think Pascal is very underrated but his worst games come when he goes up against big strong defenders and a clogged paint. So for him to be effective, Turner needs to pull the bigs out of the paint or force the Knicks to go small.
Mk0
RealGM
And1: 16,952

Post#272 » by Mk0 » Mon May 6, 2024 10:58 pm

jkvonny wrote:Clash of styles.

Runnin and gunnin offensive Pacers.
Defensive slow it down pace Knicks.

Great series!

Styles make fights
Get your popcorn ready bud!

*I can't friggin wait to watch these teams go at it
NBA officiating bought to you by FanDuel
cgf
RealGM
And1: 10,874

Post#273 » by cgf » Mon May 6, 2024 11:10 pm

Alright, back from my bike ride...almost back over 16mph...time to hop in the shower and watch the Knicks stomp the Pacers in game 1 :rock:
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Brunson: So what are you paid to do?
Hart: Run around like an idiot during the game and f*** s*** up!
ChipotleWest
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,126

Post#274 » by ChipotleWest » Mon May 6, 2024 11:13 pm

Wemby is ROY no surprise there.

When are they announcing MVP? Not that it's a surprise either.
Mk0
RealGM
And1: 16,952

Post#275 » by Mk0 » Mon May 6, 2024 11:26 pm

lmao cmon Kenny the Knicks don't want to run. wtf are you talking about?
NBA officiating bought to you by FanDuel
Maury2423
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,734

Post#276 » by Maury2423 » Mon May 6, 2024 11:34 pm

This pregame breakdown by the TNT crew was terrible lol…. Barkley thinks we won’t offensive rebound this series like we did last series lol… Charles isn’t sure who is going to guard Siakam to start lol….

Knicks should definitely be favored, but Indy is definitely capable of winning this series… just some stupid takes by the TNT crew lol
___Rand___
RealGM

Post#277 » by ___Rand___ » Mon May 6, 2024 11:34 pm

I can't believe Chuck. He said OG ain't gonna stop Pascal. I love Pascal. He don't know OG like that.
Chuck Everett
RealGM
And1: 13,914

Post#278 » by Chuck Everett » Mon May 6, 2024 11:35 pm

All right chums, let's do this. I picked the Pacers to win the series (in six competitive games), but if Siakam gets locked up by OG and they can't hold their own on the glass, Knicks will roll.
"Kill 'em with Grindness."
Wolfgang630
RealGM
And1: 17,377

Post#279 » by Wolfgang630 » Mon May 6, 2024 11:35 pm

Please don’t listen to inside the nba.
___Rand___
RealGM

Post#280 » by ___Rand___ » Mon May 6, 2024 11:36 pm

Chuck Everett wrote:All right chums, let's do this. I picked the Pacers to win the series (in six competitive games), but if Siakam gets locked up by OG and they can't hold their own on the glass, Knicks will roll.

You going against your own team?

Return to The General Board