Jokic is NOT him

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

WentzerWuver
Rookie
And1: 384

Re: Jokic is NOT him 

Post#301 » by WentzerWuver » Wed May 15, 2024 5:44 pm

LaLover11 wrote:
SweaterBae wrote:
michaelm wrote:So either you were trolling or you were trolling.

He's yet another **** tier poster who should be ignored.
AD played Jokic a million times better and that's facts. Stop crying about my posts

More like 25x better than a million but Lakers fans tend to over exaggerate.

We already know thaf Jokers closest followers and fans recently said that Jokic is not HIM but Lakers fans would NEVER say that AD is not him. Dlo and Westy are another matter tho Lol
DuallyNoted
Freshman
And1: 30

Post#302 » by DuallyNoted » Wed May 15, 2024 6:07 pm

I agree that he is not some meaningless buzzword.
hardenASG13
Analyst
And1: 1,446

Post#303 » by hardenASG13 » Mon May 20, 2024 5:28 pm

Cubbies2120 wrote:
losmi wrote:
hardenASG13 wrote:
This is his first real adversity though. Lebron balled in many playoffs before that, against rosters better than his. This is Jokics first taste (even though Denver had homecourt and was the favorites here), and he's crumbling.

So, how is Jokic handling his "first real adversity" so far? Still crumbling?

:lol:

Cubbies2120
Head Coach
And1: 8,750

Post#304 » by Cubbies2120 » Mon May 20, 2024 5:49 pm

hardenASG13 wrote:
Cubbies2120 wrote:
losmi wrote:
So, how is Jokic handling his "first real adversity" so far? Still crumbling?

Today I learned 34/19/7 is considered crumbling :lol:

I'd look at the supporting cast performance in a closeout game 7...

Crumbling would be 15/8 on 28% shooting in a game 7 like someone last year...or 9/7 on 28% like last year in a game 7...
AleksandarN
Head Coach
And1: 9,067

Post#305 » by AleksandarN » Mon May 20, 2024 5:55 pm

Cubbies2120 wrote:
hardenASG13 wrote:
Cubbies2120 wrote:

Crumbling would be 15/8 on 28% shooting in a game 7 like someone last year...or 9/7 on 28% like last year in a game 7...

Jokic had 14 points in the fourth being dead as tired. He played up to being the best player in the nba standards. The first two games not as much. I am proud he laid it all out last night. He was spent
hardenASG13
Analyst

Post#306 » by hardenASG13 » Mon May 20, 2024 6:08 pm

Cubbies2120 wrote:
hardenASG13 wrote:
Cubbies2120 wrote:

Blowing a 20 point 2nd half lead at home in a game 7 is crumbling in my book.
tsherkin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,268

Post#307 » by tsherkin » Mon May 20, 2024 6:11 pm

hardenASG13 wrote:Blowing a 20 point 2nd half lead at home in a game 7 is crumbling in my book.

This is kind of off-base, though, because Jokic actually played a very good game and the team around him stank to high heaven. So it wasn't so much him "crumbling" as the team failing him, as has happened to basically any focal player you could care to mention.
DonaldSanders
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,347

Post#308 » by DonaldSanders » Mon May 20, 2024 6:16 pm

tsherkin wrote:
hardenASG13 wrote:Blowing a 20 point 2nd half lead at home in a game 7 is crumbling in my book.

This is kind of off-base, though, because Jokic actually played a very good game and the team around him stank to high heaven. So it wasn't so much him "crumbling" as the team failing him, as has happened to basically any focal player you could care to mention.

Yep, 21 points in the 2nd half from Jokic. He did his part, coulda shot a little better but it really just came down to his teammates missing a lot of open looks.
tsherkin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,268

Post#309 » by tsherkin » Mon May 20, 2024 6:21 pm

DonaldSanders wrote:
tsherkin wrote:

Yep, 21 points in the 2nd half from Jokic. He did his part, coulda shot a little better but it really just came down to his teammates missing a lot of open looks.

He shot over 61% inside the arc, just struggled from 3. He also had a half-dozen offensive rebounds, was rotating well on D, active hands... he did a little of everything, as usual. He just needed his team to show up, and apart from Murray (3Q notwithstanding), they did not. Particularly in the second half.

That game was a study in mirror images.
dhsilv2
RealGM
And1: 23,090

Post#310 » by dhsilv2 » Mon May 20, 2024 6:26 pm

tsherkin wrote:
DonaldSanders wrote:
tsherkin wrote:

He shot over 61% inside the arc, just struggled from 3. He also had a half-dozen offensive rebounds, was rotating well on D, active hands... he did a little of everything, as usual. He just needed his team to show up, and apart from Murray (3Q notwithstanding), they did not. Particularly in the second half.

Despite the 19 boards he was a bit weak there in the second half if we're here to pile it on him.
hardenASG13
Analyst

Post#311 » by hardenASG13 » Mon May 20, 2024 6:28 pm

dhsilv2 wrote:
tsherkin wrote:
DonaldSanders wrote:

Despite the 19 boards he was a bit weak there in the second half if we're here to pile it on him.

He sure was. Got lots of those rebounds in the first half when Minnesota couldn't make a shot and he was standing under the rim, uncontested.
DonaldSanders
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,347

Post#312 » by DonaldSanders » Mon May 20, 2024 6:30 pm

tsherkin wrote:He shot over 61% inside the arc, just struggled from 3. He also had a half-dozen offensive rebounds, was rotating well on D, active hands... he did a little of everything, as usual. He just needed his team to show up, and apart from Murray (3Q notwithstanding), they did not. Particularly in the second half.

Yeah the open 3s were what I was thinking of. 54.7 TS% for the game, which is not to his standard, but his teammates were getting open looks and not hitting (Murray had a good game though).

I feel like Malone really needed to rest Jokic some to keep him fresh, he looked a bit gassed. Great Jokic game still.
dhsilv2
RealGM

Post#313 » by dhsilv2 » Mon May 20, 2024 6:49 pm

DonaldSanders wrote:
tsherkin wrote:He shot over 61% inside the arc, just struggled from 3. He also had a half-dozen offensive rebounds, was rotating well on D, active hands... he did a little of everything, as usual. He just needed his team to show up, and apart from Murray (3Q notwithstanding), they did not. Particularly in the second half.

Yeah the open 3s were what I was thinking of. 54.7 TS% for the game, which is not to his standard, but his teammates were getting open looks and not hitting (Murray had a good game though).

I feel like Malone really needed to rest Jokic some to keep him fresh, he looked a bit gassed. Great Jokic game still.

I'm still shocked Malone played Jokic 47 minutes. Jokic is involved in nearly every single one of their offensive and defensive plays.
AleksandarN
Head Coach
And1: 9,067

Post#314 » by AleksandarN » Mon May 20, 2024 6:57 pm

dhsilv2 wrote:
DonaldSanders wrote:

I'm still shocked Malone played Jokic 47 minutes. Jokic is involved in nearly every single one of their offensive and defensive plays.

He still managed to score 14 points in the fourth.
dhsilv2
RealGM

Post#315 » by dhsilv2 » Mon May 20, 2024 6:59 pm

AleksandarN wrote:
dhsilv2 wrote:
DonaldSanders wrote:

He still managed to score 14 points in the fourth.

4 boards in the second half and was gassed out there on defense. Even 2 less minutes could have made a huge difference.
TroubleS0me
General Manager
And1: 5,485

Post#316 » by TroubleS0me » Mon May 20, 2024 7:30 pm

what does HIM even mean?
DuallyNoted
Freshman
And1: 30

Post#317 » by DuallyNoted » Mon May 20, 2024 7:41 pm

TroubleS0me wrote:what does HIM even mean?

**** nothing just another stupid trend
Cubbies2120
Head Coach

Post#318 » by Cubbies2120 » Mon May 20, 2024 7:58 pm

hardenASG13 wrote:
Cubbies2120 wrote:
hardenASG13 wrote:

Blowing a 20 point 2nd half lead at home in a game 7 is crumbling in my book.

Crumbling by Jokic, or crumbling by the Nuggets? Big difference..

Jokic scored 14, assisted on 4...meaning the Nuggets as a whole scored 5 points without his direct input.

If anything we saw just how bad the Nuggets outside of Jokic can be...cant' generate more than 5 points without his direct input?
An Unbiased Fan
RealGM
And1: 5,531

Post#319 » by An Unbiased Fan » Mon May 20, 2024 7:59 pm

tsherkin wrote:

He didn't play a good second half. He settle for long shots while his team had a 20 point lead. Ultimately the loss is on him
7-time RealGM MVPoster 2009-2016
Inducted into RealGM HOF 1st ballot in 2017
Cubbies2120
Head Coach

Post#320 » by Cubbies2120 » Mon May 20, 2024 9:13 pm

An Unbiased Fan wrote:
tsherkin wrote:

He didn't play a good second half. He settle for long shots while his team had a 20 point lead. Ultimately the loss is on him

- Shot a three with a 12 point lead
- Shot a three with a 6 point lead

Where was he settling for long shots while his team had a 20 point lead?

In the final 16.5 minutes of the game, Jokic:
20 points scored
4 points assisted (2 assists)

The Nuggets, without Jokic's direct involvement, scored 5 points...in the final 16.5 minutes of the game.

These same Nuggets have 2 max contract players outside of Jokic. Yet only Jokic could do anything to score? What does that tell us about the help he has?

Return to The General Board