2024 NBA Playoffs: East Semifinals: #2 New York Knicks vs #6 Indiana Pacers (IND WINS 4-3)

Moderators: infinite11285, Domejandro, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77, cupcakesnake

Who wins GAME 7 and goes to the ECFs?

Knicks
33%
Pacers
67%

Total votes: 110

Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 9,148

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs: East Semifinals: #2 New York Knicks vs #6 Indiana Pacers (NYK leads 2-1) 

Post#3921 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Sat May 11, 2024 2:11 am

Hoop Hunter wrote:That was the worse we played this series. It sure helps when most of the calls don't go against you.

Brunson still got several change paths create contact and get a call.
Brunson creates contact and gets fouls several times a game. There's no way to defend him.

Sent from my SM-A146U using RealGM mobile app
Bye bye Beal.
Spree2Houston
Head Coach
And1: 7,230

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs: East Semifinals: #2 New York Knicks vs #6 Indiana Pacers (NYK leads 2-1) 

Post#3922 » by Spree2Houston » Sat May 11, 2024 2:11 am

Lol

Read on Twitter
cgf
RealGM
And1: 10,867

Post#3923 » by cgf » Sat May 11, 2024 2:14 am

Synciere wrote:
Kalela wrote:I prefer the Pacers to win this series but in this game, it felt like the referees did everything they could to get the Pacers a win in the end.

Maybe. But they let them play all game. I like these gritty games better.

Respect to the Pacers.

It ain’t the playoffs without some grime.

Yeah. That stuff tends to balance out in the long run and those generous calls at home are what teams fight to get HCA for. In the end we had our chances to win and couldn't get it done.

Hopefully we execute better in game 4...cause I'll be there to give Jalen his MVP chants during free throws :rock:
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Brunson: So what are you paid to do?
Hart: Run around like an idiot during the game and f*** s*** up!
RealGM

Post#3924 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Sat May 11, 2024 2:14 am

Fat wrote:I’m convinced a fully healthy Knicks team would have won the championship this season.
I'm not. I think they're better without Julius Randle. The three Villinova guys with interior role players is their best look.

Bye bye Beal.
Luv those Knicks
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,429

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs: East Semifinals: #2 New York Knicks vs #6 Indiana Pacers (NYK leads 2-0) 

Post#3925 » by Luv those Knicks » Sat May 11, 2024 2:15 am

Nuntius wrote:
My whole point is that exaggerating contact once or twice doesn't make one a flopper. When I, personally, use the word flopper, I use it for the habitual offenders and none of the 3 players mentioned here are habitual offenders.

And my whole point, is that announces actually called Haliburton "one of the best floppers in the league" - it's not just me saying he flops.

Individual clips don't put Brunson and Hart in that same category.
Now it's all about the off-season for my Knicks. (and rooting for Boston to crush Indiana).
cgf
RealGM
And1: 10,867

Post#3926 » by cgf » Sat May 11, 2024 2:15 am

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:
Hoop Hunter wrote:That was the worse we played this series. It sure helps when most of the calls don't go against you.

Brunson creates contact and gets fouls several times a game. There's no way to defend him.

Players could try staying ahead of him :wink:
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Brunson: So what are you paid to do?
Hart: Run around like an idiot during the game and f*** s*** up!
Karate Diop
General Manager
And1: 9,917

Post#3927 » by Karate Diop » Sat May 11, 2024 2:20 am

Brunson always tries these Trae type flop-fouls in pivotal situations... Give it a rest bruh.
doogie_hauser
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,413

Post#3928 » by doogie_hauser » Sat May 11, 2024 2:22 am

Brunson still doesn't look right.
And with a short rest between the next game, the Knicks should really consider resting him (or at least give him a strict minutes limitation) for game 4.

Realistically they probably can't afford to (esp if OG will still miss)

Tell you what though, my Celtics (esp Tatum) can learn a damn lot from how these Knicks esp Brunson play in the playoffs, especially during the pain barrier.

Toughest team in the East for sure.
Hoop Hunter
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,538

Post#3929 » by Hoop Hunter » Sat May 11, 2024 2:22 am

Najeem27 wrote:
Hoop Hunter wrote:
Najeem27 wrote:
That was actually the best lmaoo. Siakam making wild bs shots and the last 3

6th seed for a reason

Yep we are a 6th seed. 12 of our 15 guys are under 3 years experience. Teams at extreme differences in timelines.

Wow, you guys won a whole 3 games more than us.

Sounds like u got ur excuses ready when Knicks close it out

How is that a excuse? Just facts. Why the hell would I need an excuse for a 6th seed losing to a 2 seed. Your trash talk game needs a lot of work dude.

I said before series started we were playing with house money. We're not supposed to be moving on. This season was about some playoff experience, period. You guys are supposed to beat us.
Najeem27
General Manager
And1: 2,775

Post#3930 » by Najeem27 » Sat May 11, 2024 2:24 am

Capn'O wrote:Knicks went cold and Pacers made big plays. Definitely some home cooking involved.

On to the next. Hope Brunson is more intact on Sunday.

We had the stops but they got offensive rebound
Im Coming Home
RealGM
And1: 18,100

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs: East Semifinals: #2 New York Knicks vs #6 Indiana Pacers (NYK leads 2-0) 

Post#3931 » by Im Coming Home » Sat May 11, 2024 2:24 am

___Rand___ wrote:
Im Coming Home wrote:
___Rand___ wrote:
Wait don't tell me you just started following NBA only in the playoffs this year? So you never seen coaches complain about refereeing post game? lol welcome to 2024!!! Rick should've done it after game 1. Rick's coaching has been lacking.

I've seen it plenty I'm saying it shouldn't work and it's gross that it does.

There were some calls that favored both teams in this game. This game wasn't as badly officiated as the first 2 games in NY where the incompetence and favoritism was incredulous and obvious. And shameful to the game.

Reffing didn't determine the outcome of this game. It was the offensive boards and one incredible shot at the end of the game. If Pacers didn't get the boards, and Nembhard didn't hit that prayer, they lost this.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Game 2 was the most even officiated game I've seen all playoffs, and this game had multiple missed/wrong calls down the stretch in the Pacers favor. You're just trolling now man.
RGM Knicks BAF- Houston Rockets

PG: Cunningham | Suggs |
SG: Au Thompson | Rupert |
SF: Griffin | Reddish
PF: Avdija | Prince| Bertans
C: Lively II | Smith
Najeem27
General Manager
And1: 2,775

Post#3932 » by Najeem27 » Sat May 11, 2024 2:25 am

Hoop Hunter wrote:
Najeem27 wrote:
Hoop Hunter wrote:Yep we are a 6th seed. 12 of our 15 guys are under 3 years experience. Teams at extreme differences in timelines.

Wow, you guys won a whole 3 games more than us.

Sounds like u got ur excuses ready when Knicks close it out

How is that a excuse? Just facts. Why the hell would I need an excuse for a 6th seed losing to a 2 seed. Your trash talk game needs a lot of work dude.

I said before series started we were playing with house money. We're not supposed to be moving on. This season was about some playoff experience, period. You guys are supposed to beat us.

And we will beat the pacers

To say the pacers didn’t play great when they had their best game against an injured Knicks is ludicrous.

If it wasn’t for the prayer 3 they would’ve lost
RealGM

Post#3933 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Sat May 11, 2024 2:25 am

KnixtapeH20 wrote:
Im Coming Home wrote:Every game is different tbh. So I don't take much stock in that. Also Divo shooting like that from 3 also helped us stay in it so, and he's unlikely to be that hot from 3 again. But yes a lucky 3 and poor officiating helped the Pacers tonight, that and half the Knicks roster being injured
Devincinzo (sp?) has to come back down to earth. His three-point shooting percentage is not sustainable.

lol

just say you haven't watched him play all season
His last 8 games are anomalous even for him.

Bye bye Beal.
Maury2423
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,734

Post#3934 » by Maury2423 » Sat May 11, 2024 2:27 am

___Rand___ wrote:
Maury2423 wrote:
___Rand___ wrote:
I don't even know how Knicks can say they were hosed. It was nothing like game 1. Yeah there been some bad calls and non-calls but not as blatant as it was in the 2 games in New York.

Yeh okay… take 2 pts away from the Pacers late in the game because they missed Siakam showing iHart his new MMA move.

We’re on the road though, so stuff like that should be expected. It happened where we were the home team, it happened tonight, and it will likely happen again in game 4…. Teams have to stop complaining as if they don’t expect it, just play through it and stfu

LMAO stfu? as if you and your cohorts will STFU. take away 2 and it's still a Pacers win. You guys might want to rebound better at the end of the game maybe that would've helped your cause. Refs can't rebound for ya as much as you'd like.

lol you’re so emotional, I wasn’t telling you to stfu. I’m clearly saying that teams need to play through it and stfu.

So yes I agree, we lost this game more than the refs made bad calls.

Deuce missed a wide open 3
Burks missed multiple shots
Brunson missed 2-3 easy shots
Divo had a dumb goaltending
We didn’t close out defensive possessions by getting a board

So again, we lost this game, not the refs.

I expect more of the same type of reffing in game 4, we need to play through it and stfu.

And you can’t simply take away 2 pts from the final score and say they still wouldve won. The game would’ve been very different without those 2pts AND fts for Ihart in that moment of the game.
KnixtapeH20
RealGM
And1: 16,465

Post#3935 » by KnixtapeH20 » Sat May 11, 2024 2:27 am

KnixtapeH20 wrote:
Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:Devincinzo (sp?) has to come back down to earth. His three-point shooting percentage is not sustainable.

lol

Again, just say you haven't watched many Knicks games and we can move on
Im Coming Home
RealGM
And1: 18,100

Post#3936 » by Im Coming Home » Sat May 11, 2024 2:28 am

Fat wrote:I’m convinced a fully healthy Knicks team would have won the championship this season.
I'm not. I think they're better without Julius Randle. The three Villinova guys with interior role players is their best look.

Randle's gravity alone opens up a lot for Brunson. I say this as a huge Randle hater, Randle may have hurt the Knicks in these playoffs, I truly don't know, but Brunson's 40pt games would be a lot easier than they have been with Randle out there. The efficiency when Randle plays vs when hes out, for Brunson, is actually crazy.
RGM Knicks BAF- Houston Rockets

PG: Cunningham | Suggs |
SG: Au Thompson | Rupert |
SF: Griffin | Reddish
PF: Avdija | Prince| Bertans
C: Lively II | Smith
RealGM

Post#3937 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Sat May 11, 2024 2:30 am

cgf wrote:

Players could try staying ahead of him :wink:
In fairness, I think he's just too good and too quick. They can't stay in front for long.

Bye bye Beal.
RealGM

Post#3938 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Sat May 11, 2024 2:32 am

KnixtapeH20 wrote:
KnixtapeH20 wrote:lol

Again, just say you haven't watched many Knicks games and we can move on
Cool. I haven't.

What I should have said is that today, he was unreal.

Bye bye Beal.
Fat
RealGM
And1: 24,019

Post#3939 » by Fat » Sat May 11, 2024 2:37 am

doogie_hauser wrote:Brunson still doesn't look right.
And with a short rest between the next game, the Knicks should really consider resting him (or at least give him a strict minutes limitation) for game 4.

Realistically they probably can't afford to (esp if OG will still miss)

Tell you what though, my Celtics (esp Tatum) can learn a damn lot from how these Knicks esp Brunson play in the playoffs, especially during the pain barrier.

Toughest team in the East for sure.

Knicks are down to many bodies to even consider limiting him. If he can play through it then he gotta play through it.
DaGawd
RealGM
And1: 45,257

Post#3940 » by DaGawd » Sat May 11, 2024 2:40 am

knicks in 5
BaF
Washington Wizards

Return to The General Board