2024 NBA Playoffs: East Semifinals: #2 New York Knicks vs #6 Indiana Pacers (IND WINS 4-3)

Moderators: infinite11285, Domejandro, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77, cupcakesnake

Who wins GAME 7 and goes to the ECFs?

Knicks
33%
Pacers
67%

Total votes: 110

Im Coming Home
RealGM
And1: 18,105

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs: East Semifinals: #2 New York Knicks vs #6 Indiana Pacers (NYK leads 2-1) 

Post#3981 » by Im Coming Home » Sat May 11, 2024 9:25 am

eyeatoma wrote:
Read on Twitter

I dislike still photos, it's made to look as ridiculous as possible. Brunson was fouled by Nemhard on the floor and then bumped in the back a little bit by Turner as he went up, not saying he didn't attempt to sell the contact, he did, but to act like he was Embiid out there who routinely has no contact and still throws himself in weird directions is just silly cause it's not the same thing.
RGM Knicks BAF- Houston Rockets

PG: Cunningham | Suggs |
SG: Au Thompson | Rupert |
SF: Griffin | Reddish
PF: Avdija | Prince| Bertans
C: Lively II | Smith
eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 11,637

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs: East Semifinals: #2 New York Knicks vs #6 Indiana Pacers (NYK leads 2-1) 

Post#3982 » by eyeatoma » Sat May 11, 2024 9:34 am

Im Coming Home wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:
Read on Twitter

I dislike still photos, it's made to look as ridiculous as possible. Brunson was fouled by Nemhard on the floor and then bumped in the back a little bit by Turner as he went up, not saying he didn't attempt to sell the contact, he did, but to act like he was Embiid out there who routinely has no contact and still throws himself in weird directions is just silly cause it's not the same thing.

Every single KNicks fan, on this thread said that he was foul baiting on that play, during the game. Get off your high horse.
cgf
RealGM
And1: 10,867

Post#3983 » by cgf » Sat May 11, 2024 11:01 am

Well hopefully the NBA gives big market teams a chance to win in the next one after rigging game 3. Knicks are still undefeated without the refs cheating :-P
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Brunson: So what are you paid to do?
Hart: Run around like an idiot during the game and f*** s*** up!
cgf
RealGM

Post#3984 » by cgf » Sat May 11, 2024 11:01 am

eyeatoma wrote:
Im Coming Home wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:
Read on Twitter

Every single KNicks fan, on this thread said that he was foul baiting on that play, during the game. Get off your high horse.

*clip clop*

Wasn't that the play when Nembhard obviously hit Brunson on the arm?
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Bob Ross
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,234

Post#3985 » by Bob Ross » Sat May 11, 2024 11:21 am

Fellow Knick fans, that last Brunson 3 was looking for a foul, not a made shot. He knows it, he might as well have just said it in the post game. He was getting murdered in the last couple mins there, but that shot was an awful decision
cgf
RealGM

Post#3986 » by cgf » Sat May 11, 2024 11:32 am

Bob Ross wrote:Fellow Knick fans, that last Brunson 3 was looking for a foul, not a made shot. He knows it, he might as well have just said it in the post game. He was getting murdered in the last couple mins there, but that shot was an awful decision

Oh he definitely threw that up looking for the foul not to make the shot. But Nembhard did hit him on the arm before he threw it up, so it was funny to me that Embiid's cousin was coming for Jalen with a still from after Nembhard pulled away :lol:

Nuntius
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,278

Post#3987 » by Nuntius » Sat May 11, 2024 11:51 am

iLLmatic860 wrote:
RB34 wrote:Knicks fans calling out Pacers fans for complaining about injuries and calls. Knicks fans were complaining about injuries and calls in round 1.

How the turntables.

This is a great series so far.

Actually its moreso when people say stuff like Sixers would win if Embiid was healthy..or Pacers would be up this series if Halli is healthy

like the Knicks aren't battling injuries themselves

so of course its gonna be brought up

its the playoffs...its why there are 12 man rosters.....its part of the game..nobody is 100 percent healthy come playoff time

I do not think that any Pacers fan has said that we would be up if Hali was healthy. I do think that a non-Pacer fan has said it either. People did say that stuff about the Sixers and, personally, I disagreed with it but something similar hasn't been said about this series.

Most Pacer fans predicted that we'd lose the series after all. We know that this is still too early for this team.
"No wolf shall keep his secrets, no bird shall dance the skyline
And I am left with nothing but an oath that gleams like a sword
To bathe in the blood of man
Mankind..."

She Painted Fire Across the Skyline, Part 3
- Agalloch
JXL
General Manager
And1: 8,523

Post#3988 » by JXL » Sat May 11, 2024 12:48 pm

This is a very fun and close series, but let's be real, if the Knicks had their healthy forwards available, it would be over in 5, but I picked Knicks in 6.
BIRD UP!
#OGKENOBI

Follow me on X: @sirJXL
basketballwacko2
RealGM
And1: 3,972

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs: East Semifinals: #2 New York Knicks vs #6 Indiana Pacers (NYK leads 2-0) 

Post#3989 » by basketballwacko2 » Sat May 11, 2024 12:50 pm

Woodsanity wrote:
Spree2Houston wrote:
Read on Twitter

Bottom line is the Pacers are undisciplined on defense and one of the worst defensive teams in the league. They don't know how to play defense without hacking.

The Pacers are also a very deep team they play a lot of guys and those guys commit fouls.
yoadknux
Pro Prospect
And1: 240

Post#3990 » by yoadknux » Sat May 11, 2024 1:03 pm

JXL wrote:This is a very fun and close series, but let's be real, if the Knicks had their healthy forwards available, it would be over in 5, but I picked Knicks in 6.

And if the Bucks had their healthy players available, they would beat both the Pacers and the Knicks
yet here we are
Piston Prince wrote:Bobcat fans telling us to cheer up = epic fail season
Tron Carter
RealGM
And1: 19,530

Post#3991 » by Tron Carter » Sat May 11, 2024 1:07 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=BD-Y4LvJDrx1RCezv77w1A

shameless
R.I.P Black Mamba
Wizop
RealGM
And1: 4,194

Post#3992 » by Wizop » Sat May 11, 2024 1:28 pm

The Pacers would not have been upset if Brunson had gotten a foul call in the action leading up to that final missed three. Fouling on the floor could've been strategic and perhaps they were actually trying to put him on the line for two free throws in a three point game. However, I didn't see any contact after Brunson gathered himself to shoot.

I'm biased though. There were definitely missed calls both ways. I don't think the Knicks got homered though. Frankly, I'm more disappointed by the Pacers poor free throw shooting than by the number of opportunities. Pacers could be winning this series if they'd hit free throws as well as the Knicks have.

I'll add that if you want me to respond directly to a post of yours, please quote me. With this thread already up to 200 pages, I'm not reading every message. I'm used to the Pacer forum where our series thread is only 4 pages long.
Please edit long quotes to only show what puts your new message into context.
cgf
RealGM

Post#3993 » by cgf » Sat May 11, 2024 1:39 pm

yoadknux wrote:
JXL wrote:This is a very fun and close series, but let's be real, if the Knicks had their healthy forwards available, it would be over in 5, but I picked Knicks in 6.

And if the Bucks had their healthy players available, they would beat both the Pacers and the Knicks
yet here we are

Not with that defense :lol:

At full health I've got Knicks > Pacers > Bucks > Sixers

Spree2Houston
Head Coach
And1: 7,237

Post#3994 » by Spree2Houston » Sat May 11, 2024 1:41 pm

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:
Fat wrote:I’m convinced a fully healthy Knicks team would have won the championship this season.
I'm not. I think they're better without Julius Randle. The three Villinova guys with interior role players is their best look.

Sent from my SM-A146U using RealGM mobile app

I mean we were 14-3 when we had Brunson, Donte, OG, Randle and Hartenstein starting. Small sample size but we looked dominant defensively and offensively. We beat Philly (w/Embiid) by 36 and Denver (w/Jokic) by 38 during that stretch lol
cgf
RealGM

Post#3995 » by cgf » Sat May 11, 2024 1:44 pm

Wizop wrote:The Pacers would not have been upset if Brunson had gotten a foul call in the action leading up to that final missed three. Fouling on the floor could've been strategic and perhaps they were actually trying to put him on the line for two free throws in a three point game. However, I didn't see any contact after Brunson gathered himself to shoot.

I'm biased though. There were definitely missed calls both ways. I don't think the Knicks got homered though. Frankly, I'm more disappointed by the Pacers poor free throw shooting than by the number of opportunities. Pacers could be winning this series if they'd hit free throws as well as the Knicks have.

I'll add that if you want me to respond directly to a post of yours, please quote me. With this thread already up to 200 pages, I'm not reading every message. I'm used to the Pacer forum where our series thread is only 4 pages long.

Turner leans on him, but the Nembhard slap on his arm is the only foul-worthy contact IMO. And I dunno if Jalen's already gathering to get his shot up before he can be tactically fouled or if he's just fighting through and then starts going into his shooting motion. Either way we had plenty of chances to make that play meaningless but didn't.

Would be nice if the salty fans of already eliminated teams would stop complaining about the NBA being rigged now, but somehow I doubt they'll suddenly start to remember any of the calls that don't support their narrative :lol:

iLLmatic860
General Manager
And1: 15,789

Post#3996 » by iLLmatic860 » Sat May 11, 2024 1:58 pm

Nuntius wrote:
iLLmatic860 wrote:
RB34 wrote:Knicks fans calling out Pacers fans for complaining about injuries and calls. Knicks fans were complaining about injuries and calls in round 1.

How the turntables.

This is a great series so far.

Actually its moreso when people say stuff like Sixers would win if Embiid was healthy..or Pacers would be up this series if Halli is healthy

like the Knicks aren't battling injuries themselves

so of course its gonna be brought up

its the playoffs...its why there are 12 man rosters.....its part of the game..nobody is 100 percent healthy come playoff time

I do not think that any Pacers fan has said that we would be up if Hali was healthy. I do think that a non-Pacer fan has said it either. People did say that stuff about the Sixers and, personally, I disagreed with it but something similar hasn't been said about this series.

Most Pacer fans predicted that we'd lose the series after all. We know that this is still too early for this team.

Yeah Pacer fans have been pretty reasonable with expectations. I havent heard it as much as the Embiid one but I did see guys on Twitter saying it. (I’m not even sure if they were Pacers fans)
iLLmatic860
General Manager

Post#3997 » by iLLmatic860 » Sat May 11, 2024 2:06 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=tVloFuZHnRcV_n-C8CiW9Q

I ain’t ever see ja reppin Knicks. Now he wylin all of sudden lol
CreekShow
Sophomore
And1: 241

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs: East Semifinals: #2 New York Knicks vs #6 Indiana Pacers (NYK leads 2-0) 

Post#3998 » by CreekShow » Sat May 11, 2024 2:32 pm

Luv those Knicks wrote:
Nuntius wrote:
Luv those Knicks wrote:
And my whole point, is that announces actually called Haliburton "one of the best floppers in the league" - it's not just me saying he flops.

Individual clips don't put Brunson and Hart in that same category.

Which announcers were those, though? It was Milwaukee's announcers on December 14th. We had already beat Milwaukee twice before that game (126-124 on November 10th and 128-119 on December 8th, less than a week before the game in question). Haliburton had 29/10/6 on that November game and 27/15/7 on that December 8th game.

Oh, and that December 8th game? It was the IST Semifinals and we beat the Bucks IN Milwaukee. Haliburton did the "Dame Time" celebration.

Don't you think that those announcers were pretty annoyed by Haliburton by this point? Don't you think that they were biased?

It would be one thing if national TV guys (who generally try to be neutral) were constantly calling him a flopper (like they do with CP3, Harden et cetera). But that's not what's happening here. It's a biased source.

I guess we're just going to have to disagree.

Receipts or it didnt happen. We can all just say things and hope ppl believe it
Phish Tank
RealGM
And1: 12,401

Post#3999 » by Phish Tank » Sat May 11, 2024 3:18 pm

this wasn't really a game lost because of refs. We lost due to a generally poor game from Brunson, missed FTs, and missed rebounding opportunities. Fix all 3 and we'll win Game 4.
iLLmatic860
General Manager

Post#4000 » by iLLmatic860 » Sat May 11, 2024 3:20 pm

Sure calls couldve gone our way but we were the road team. That should be expected. Has nothing to do with big or small markets like people been suggesting lol

At the end of the day. We still had oppurtunties to win and didn’t do what we had to do. On to the next

Return to The General Board