Porzingis: Jokic is the best player in the world

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

Threezus
Veteran
And1: 1,626

Re: Porzingis: Jokic is the best player in the world 

Post#41 » by Threezus » Mon Jan 22, 2024 6:01 am

KokoKaizer wrote:
One_and_Done wrote:When Denver loses in the playoffs this year we can hopefully come back down to earth on Jokic

What Jokic did to you ?

Whatever it was i hope he does it again just so we can get this man more petty and hateful toward joker it's sorta funny lol.
JazzUte88
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,040

Post#42 » by JazzUte88 » Mon Jan 22, 2024 6:10 am

Jokic would look good in Utah I’m surprised how many Denver fans like the Utah Jazz lol.
Peregrine01
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,908

Post#43 » by Peregrine01 » Mon Jan 22, 2024 6:43 am

People thinking about athleticism still only think it’s about running fast and jumping high. Jokic is incredibly athletic in a lot of areas. I’d argue that his kind of athleticism is a lot rarer and more valuable than that of the typical “freak athlete” that most tend to think of.
TheHartBreakKid
General Manager
And1: 4,341

Post#44 » by TheHartBreakKid » Mon Jan 22, 2024 7:57 am

Which thread is next?

Pascal Siakam: The sky is blue
Bruno Fernando: The grass is green
Slava Medvedenko: Water is a liquid
Demagoog
Senior
And1: 2,090

Post#45 » by Demagoog » Mon Jan 22, 2024 8:04 am

Sgt Major wrote:Image

:lol:

Hahahaha.
Gatorade Sax
Senior
And1: 845

Post#46 » by Gatorade Sax » Mon Jan 22, 2024 8:27 am

One_and_Done wrote:When Denver loses in the playoffs this year we can hopefully come back down to earth on Jokic

Well there’s that possibility, or the alternative..

Wins his 2nd straight chip/FMVP and then heads back to Serbia to permanently remove his shirt for a couple months and win some horse races.
BruttoNostra
Senior
And1: 1,297

Post#47 » by BruttoNostra » Mon Jan 22, 2024 8:31 am

TheHartBreakKid wrote:Which thread is next?

A huge +1 for Slava!
Vita sine libertāte, nihil
Gusto1903
Sixth Man
And1: 2,439

Post#48 » by Gusto1903 » Mon Jan 22, 2024 8:37 am

TheHartBreakKid wrote:Which thread is next?

God damn, Slava Medvedenko is a name i havent heard in ages.
On the Alperen Sengün hypetrain since 2020
One_and_Done
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,038

Post#49 » by One_and_Done » Mon Jan 22, 2024 8:38 am

Gatorade Sax wrote:

Wins his 2nd straight chip/FMVP and then heads back to Serbia to permanently remove his shirt for a couple months and win some horse races.

If Jokic wins he's the best. If he loses he's still the best. Sounds like it doesn't matter what he does.
Warspite wrote:Billups was a horrible scorer who could only score with an open corner 3 or a FT.
Gatorade Sax
Senior
And1: 845

Post#50 » by Gatorade Sax » Mon Jan 22, 2024 12:13 pm

One_and_Done wrote:
Gatorade Sax wrote:

If Jokic wins he's the best. If he loses he's still the best. Sounds like it doesn't matter what he does.

I don’t disagree with you, but the defending champ is that until proven otherwise. If they get knocked off, then we all go from there.
BigGargamel
Veteran
And1: 6,559

Post#51 » by BigGargamel » Mon Jan 22, 2024 2:13 pm

Tottery wrote:He is and it confuses me. He is one of the most unatheletic players I've ever seen. He barely jumps off the ground, moves slow, flat footed on defense, yet here he is. His bball iq is top notch. So much so that it cancels out what I listed.

Calling Jokic unatheletic is an absolutely embarrassing take.
BigGargamel
Veteran
And1: 6,559

Post#52 » by BigGargamel » Mon Jan 22, 2024 2:15 pm

MyTake_1 wrote:The thing is there is nothing special about Jokic or his skills.

LOL and this was the very next post. Enough RealGM for me for the day.
dhsilv2
RealGM
And1: 23,122

Post#53 » by dhsilv2 » Mon Jan 22, 2024 2:26 pm

Why? Unless he plays poorly...we've got enough data to argue this is a top 5 or so peak of all time without anyone sane blinking an eye. Jokic's having a career we'll start debating along with Lebron and Jordan as GOAT level in a few years if he keeps it up.
dhsilv2
RealGM

Post#54 » by dhsilv2 » Mon Jan 22, 2024 2:33 pm

bdp31770 wrote:
Tottery wrote:He is and it confuses me. He is one of the most unatheletic players I've ever seen. He barely jumps off the ground, moves slow, flat footed on defense, yet here he is. His bball iq is top notch. So much so that it cancels out what I listed.

True, and there were a lot of people on this forum years ago who said that Larry Bird wouldn't be nearly as good in the modern nba. Then Jokic and Luka came along and showed you can still dominate with just mediocre athleticism.

Both Jokic and Luka are vastly stronger than bird. Bird was a runner, these guys a big strong guys who can move people around with their size and strength.
realball
Head Coach
And1: 3,189

Post#55 » by realball » Mon Jan 22, 2024 2:47 pm

One_and_Done wrote:
Gatorade Sax wrote:

2 MVPs and a championship will do that. If he burned out in the second round four years in a row, we wouldn't be giving him the benefit of the doubt.
CobraCommander
RealGM
And1: 14,472

Post#56 » by CobraCommander » Mon Jan 22, 2024 4:01 pm

So Embiid says if AFTER playing against him and having an amazing game, KP says it as well.....

Y’all remember this

https://youtu.be/YQj7M9K0gUM?si=ZisFQV2ep4TLzPUk

When magic and Bird said MJ was the best and they were still good it got scary

when your contemporaries say this that’s when you know it’s true

LBJ and Curry in their primes never really said KD was better than them or best on earth....

The best of the era calling Jokic the best of the era lol

Kinda MJ and LBJ like
CobraCommander
RealGM

Post#57 » by CobraCommander » Mon Jan 22, 2024 4:11 pm

dhsilv2 wrote:
bdp31770 wrote:

True, and there were a lot of people on this forum years ago who said that Larry Bird wouldn't be nearly as good in the modern nba. Then Jokic and Luka came along and showed you can still dominate with just mediocre athleticism.

Both Jokic and Luka are vastly stronger than bird. Bird was a runner, these guys a big strong guys who can move people around with their size and strength.

Luka and bird are athletes- How many bodies Luka gotta get a the rim...? Oh and sure he wasn’t very athletic when he did the put back on the miss free throw in the game against the Knicks when he dropped 60...

. I think Luka is a elite athlete with sub standard off the court discipline and training

Luka ain’t usain bolt or Lebron but who is -

but he shows flashes where he moves like a elite athlete trapped in a fat man suit and I swear I wish someone would say you will be in the LBJ conversation if you got in elite shape

and we see now that really there is only one guy in the top 5 who depends on pure athleticism to dominate the rest playing basketball with their heads first.

I think athletic gifts are over appreciated by people that don’t play sports for real...the guy with the highest vert loses to the guy with a mid vert and 3 moves IF the guy with the highest vert depends on his athleticism to play ball...

Bird said he got insulted when they put white guys on him because he was like im more athletic than them....so it’s all types of weird crap in that mans head
dhsilv2
RealGM

Post#58 » by dhsilv2 » Mon Jan 22, 2024 4:29 pm

CobraCommander wrote:So Embiid says if AFTER playing against him and having an amazing game, KP says it as well.....

Y’all remember this

https://youtu.be/YQj7M9K0gUM?si=ZisFQV2ep4TLzPUk

When magic and Bird said MJ was the best and they were still good it got scary

when your contemporaries say this that’s when you know it’s true

LBJ and Curry in their primes never really said KD was better than them or best on earth....

The best of the era calling Jokic the best of the era lol

Kinda MJ and LBJ like

Players often don't understand the team dynamics in basketball well. It's one of the reasons a Curry type will never get appreciated by peers to the same level. Same with elite team defenders who maybe don't lock a guy man to man down. What's wild with Jokic is that his man scoring and defense aren't strengths and these guys STILL see he's the best. I just shows out that Jokic is not just the best player in the world but the level to which he's better is just that much more absurd.
dhsilv2
RealGM

Post#59 » by dhsilv2 » Mon Jan 22, 2024 4:32 pm

CobraCommander wrote:
dhsilv2 wrote:
bdp31770 wrote:

Luka and bird are athletes- How many bodies Luka gotta get a the rim...? Oh and sure he wasn’t very athletic when he did the put back on the miss free throw in the game against the Knicks when he dropped 60...

. I think Luka is a elite athlete with sub standard off the court discipline and training

but he shows flashes where he moves like a elite athlete trapped in a fat man suit and I swear I wish someone would say you will be in the LBJ conversation if you got in elite shape

and we see now that really there is only one guy in the top 5 who depends on pure athleticism to dominate the rest playing basketball with their heads first.

I think athletic gifts are over appreciated by people that don’t play sports for real...the guy with the highest vert loses to the guy with a mid vert and 3 moves IF the guy with the highest vert depends on his athleticism to play ball...

Bird said he got insulted when they put white guys on him because he was like im more athletic than them....so it’s all types of weird crap in that mans head

Too lazy to look it up, but I saw a photo of Luka and Zion sitting on stools by each other. Luka's legs made Zion's look tiny. Luka has some freaking wheels and that's where actual power and strength comes from. But people look at shoulders and arms which are mostly for show in most sports.
CobraCommander
RealGM

Post#60 » by CobraCommander » Mon Jan 22, 2024 4:43 pm

dhsilv2 wrote:
CobraCommander wrote:
dhsilv2 wrote:

Too lazy to look it up, but I saw a photo of Luka and Zion sitting on stools by each other. Luka's legs made Zion's look tiny. Luka has some freaking wheels and that's where actual power and strength comes from. But people look at shoulders and arms which are mostly for show in most sports.

The difference between the guy that can benchpress 405 and the guy that that can deadlift planet earth...one looks like the athlete the other can move people and weight around in tight spaces... when Curry and Gil said that when Luka figures it out they were not talking about basketball IQ...dwiddie (got into Harvard btw) said essentially when Luka gets in shape it’s over —— I tend to agree.

I know too many players that never unlocked their max potential because they didn’t need to to be effective- that’s Luka...be top 5-10 and never workout consistently? Be rich and play ball...sounds good...but if want that goat title he gonna have to go harder in the gym and kitchen

Jokics size and IQ so high and shot so pure...it’s like 6’11” Curry

Return to The General Board