Lakers should hire Micah Nori

Moderators: infinite11285, Domejandro, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77, cupcakesnake

jkvonny
Head Coach
And1: 5,862

Re: Lakers should hire Micah Nori 

Post#41 » by jkvonny » Wed May 8, 2024 5:49 pm

Why would Nori go to the old declining Lakers just to get fired by LeBron within a couple of seasons?

No. JJ Reddick is the next coach for LAL. Great fit for that program. Yall already have your guy.
jkvonny
Head Coach

Post#42 » by jkvonny » Wed May 8, 2024 5:51 pm

WentzerWuver wrote:I would hire Ty Lue!

Tye is staying in LA....with the Clips!
WentzerWuver
Rookie
And1: 384

Post#43 » by WentzerWuver » Wed May 8, 2024 6:05 pm

jkvonny wrote:

Tye is staying in LA....with the Clips!
Only if your owner make him the highest paid coach in the world.
NCHeels2008
RealGM
And1: 2,661

Post#44 » by NCHeels2008 » Wed May 8, 2024 6:20 pm

Pachinko_ wrote:The NBA has cornered themselves in this antiquated mentality that unless you've been in the NBA for decades you can't even dream of headcoaching a team. They shouldn't be, NBA basketball is not that different than what they play everywhere else. And if it is, it shouldn't be.

There's tonnes of amazing coaches out there, NCAA, Euros, American expats overseas. Broaden your horizons. You did it for the players and it worked out, do the same for coaches.

LeBron and David Blatt had great chemistry
WentzerWuver
Rookie

Post#45 » by WentzerWuver » Wed May 8, 2024 7:58 pm

Only Ty can do this to Lebron and not get canned for doing it while Nori would be like please don't make me look like a fool cause I am a noob coach Lol

https://youtube.com/shorts/5iymf0_WBpg?si=2ed9C92NJc-DsK3l

That's why Lebron wants Ty badly...
Pachinko_
RealGM
And1: 23,781

Post#46 » by Pachinko_ » Wed May 8, 2024 9:14 pm

NCHeels2008 wrote:
Pachinko_ wrote:The NBA has cornered themselves in this antiquated mentality that unless you've been in the NBA for decades you can't even dream of headcoaching a team. They shouldn't be, NBA basketball is not that different than what they play everywhere else. And if it is, it shouldn't be.

There's tonnes of amazing coaches out there, NCAA, Euros, American expats overseas. Broaden your horizons. You did it for the players and it worked out, do the same for coaches.

LeBron and David Blatt had great chemistry

Lebron is done, half the stars in the NBA are from somewhere else now
WentzerWuver
Rookie

Post#47 » by WentzerWuver » Thu May 9, 2024 1:20 am

The great Lakers legend Scotty named the next HC for Lebron "Beem me up"!

https://youtu.be/4GD-deEjtVM?si=HmwXxvqhb4DOF7fl
damanick10
Starter
And1: 3,196

Post#48 » by damanick10 » Thu May 9, 2024 1:31 am

:lol: Finch is literally there breathing behind him I wouldn't hold this with too much weight
Dan33185
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,233

Post#49 » by Dan33185 » Thu May 9, 2024 3:12 am

WentzerWuver wrote:
Dan33185 wrote:As a Wolves fan, I'm happy for Nori as it seems like he is getting a lot of well deserved recognition right now. But, I'm also bummed because he's more than likely getting a head coaching job in the next couple of years. Whoever gets him is lucky, they are getting a great personality who knows his stuff.
Then keep him. Nori is just a defensive coach and the Lakers need an offensive mind to understand x and o like Ty Lue.

I couldn't care less about the Lakers.
WentzerWuver
Rookie

Post#50 » by WentzerWuver » Thu May 9, 2024 5:39 am

Dan33185 wrote:
WentzerWuver wrote:
Dan33185 wrote:As a Wolves fan, I'm happy for Nori as it seems like he is getting a lot of well deserved recognition right now. But, I'm also bummed because he's more than likely getting a head coaching job in the next couple of years. Whoever gets him is lucky, they are getting a great personality who knows his stuff.
Then keep him. Nori is just a defensive coach and the Lakers need an offensive mind to understand x and o like Ty Lue.

Keep your Nori. Lakers prefer a winner like Ty.
Dan33185
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,233

Post#51 » by Dan33185 » Thu May 9, 2024 5:42 am

WentzerWuver wrote:
Dan33185 wrote:
WentzerWuver wrote:Then keep him. Nori is just a defensive coach and the Lakers need an offensive mind to understand x and o like Ty Lue.

Keep your Nori. Lakers prefer Ty.

Good for them...I guess they'll keep in the same cycle they have been then...good for the rest of the conference.
BruttoNostra
Senior
And1: 1,274

Post#52 » by BruttoNostra » Thu May 9, 2024 12:39 pm

shrink wrote:

He’s pretty well known for his fun halftime interviews, that you can see at the 3:00 mark.

Have no idea if he's a good coach (and no, watching 2 games doesn't make the cut), but he seems like genuinely a great guy, humble, yet funny, and I wish him to succeed without being a Wolves fan.
Vita sine libertāte, nihil
WentzerWuver
Rookie

Post#53 » by WentzerWuver » Thu May 9, 2024 4:16 pm

BruttoNostra wrote:
shrink wrote:

He’s pretty well known for his fun halftime interviews, that you can see at the 3:00 mark.

Have no idea if he's a good coach (and no, watching 2 games doesn't make the cut), but he seems like genuinely a great guy, humble, yet funny, and I wish him to succeed without being a Wolves fan.

Funny guys dont make good coaches, but good comedians. Didn't you get the memo?
chudak
Senior
And1: 336

Post#54 » by chudak » Thu May 9, 2024 4:33 pm

LaLover11 wrote:
Zeno wrote:Finch is sitting right there. He’s still the coach. Just because a new guy is shouting and waving his arms on behalf of Finch doesn’t mean he is the head coach now.

Anything is better than Ham

Nori seems like a great player coach, the complete opposite of Darvin Ham

Maybe I am mistaking but I interpreted this as giving Nori the head coach chance and that Finch is not leaving the Wolves
BruttoNostra
Senior

Post#55 » by BruttoNostra » Thu May 9, 2024 4:47 pm

WentzerWuver wrote:
BruttoNostra wrote:
shrink wrote:

Well, that's why I started with the bold part, champ.
I mean, why even such a rather positive thread about basically a no name coach has to turn into a negative one? What's wrong with simply wishing him a good luck?

Btw, Pop is hilarious in a similar way, so it's not like a sense of humour is a blocker to becoming a successful NBA coach.
Zeno
RealGM
And1: 20,247

Post#56 » by Zeno » Thu May 9, 2024 5:32 pm

chudak wrote:
LaLover11 wrote:
Zeno wrote:Finch is sitting right there. He’s still the coach. Just because a new guy is shouting and waving his arms on behalf of Finch doesn’t mean he is the head coach now.

Anything is better than Ham

Nori seems like a great player coach, the complete opposite of Darvin Ham

Maybe I am mistaking but I interpreted this as giving Nori the head coach chance and that Finch is not leaving the Wolves

Sure. My point was that attributing more of the Wolves success so far against the Nuggets to the assistant coach because he is the one standing on the sidelines is silly when Finch is sitting right there giving him instructions and leading practices. It is very common for lead assistants to be given more opportunities after a team is successful so maybe he is a great coach who deserves a chance to run his own team. But giving more consideration because he is operating as Finch’s ventriloquists’ dummy is odd.
When will we just change the name of 25 of the 30 teams to the Washington Generals?

Please advise….

Dan G.
WentzerWuver
Rookie

Post#57 » by WentzerWuver » Thu May 9, 2024 7:04 pm

BruttoNostra wrote:
WentzerWuver wrote:
BruttoNostra wrote:Have no idea if he's a good coach (and no, watching 2 games doesn't make the cut), but he seems like genuinely a great guy, humble, yet funny, and I wish him to succeed without being a Wolves fan.

I mean, why even such a rather positive thread about basically a no name coach has to turn into a negative one? What's wrong with simply wishing him a good luck?

Btw, Pop is hilarious in a similar way, so it's not like a sense of humour is a blocker to becoming a successful NBA coach.
Pop is never funny but acts like Duncan unless you think Duncan is funny too Lol

Just saying Nori is better for a young rebuild team, not the Lakers with bigger egos for any noob to handle. That's how it goes.
BruttoNostra
Senior

Post#58 » by BruttoNostra » Thu May 9, 2024 7:28 pm

WentzerWuver wrote:
BruttoNostra wrote:
WentzerWuver wrote:

Pop is never funny but acts like Duncan unless you think Duncan is funny too Lol

Just saying Nori is better for a young rebuild team, not the Lakers with bigger egos for any noob to handle. That's how it goes.

Can't care less about Lakers HC vacancy.
If anything, when I was wishing Nori the best, it kind of implies he isn't becoming the next scapegoat there
Wammy Giveaway
Starter
And1: 1,123

Post#59 » by Wammy Giveaway » Thu May 9, 2024 7:55 pm

Just take from the Clippers, they're just a farm franchise for every team to feast their hands on.

Seriously, just remember that Clippers may keep Lue not for long-term reasons, but for asset recuperation. Thanks to the precedent of Doc Rivers, coaches can now be traded, but only for draft picks and no players can be involved. To enforce this, a gag order will be placed. If Lakers trade picks for Lue, they are barred from signing, acquiring or trading for any Clipper player for the entire season.

Do you want Lue, or do you really want their superstars Leonard, George and/or Harden? You can't have both, but you can make one side of the franchise's coin be absolute weak. Taking a coach away forces the franchise to look for a replacement, leading them to retreat on a familiar face or promote an assistant coach, and they get a worse outcome. Taking their superstars away forces the franchise into a painful rebuild where the no. 1 picks will default to the Thunder, but having no. 2s from other teams may not be so bad... or good, see Sam Bowie for an example of a draft bust. And the Clippers have a history of busts and bungled picks. I call them the Cy Schneider* Clippers for a reason, clinging too much to the past.

* History lesson: Cy Schneider was president of the cable television network Nickelodeon from 1980 to 1984. Under his leadership the network failed for three reasons: failure of management, in marketing, and in looking towards the future. Until Geraldine Laybourne took over in 1984, the network was a loss leader and could have been shut down. Clippers are exactly like that, but more.
jkvonny
Head Coach

Post#60 » by jkvonny » Thu May 9, 2024 8:01 pm

BruttoNostra wrote:
WentzerWuver wrote:
BruttoNostra wrote:Have no idea if he's a good coach (and no, watching 2 games doesn't make the cut), but he seems like genuinely a great guy, humble, yet funny, and I wish him to succeed without being a Wolves fan.

Yup Pop.

Even Phil Jackson was a il funny at times in a weird way.

Return to The General Board