If the wolves win this year like it or not…

Moderators: infinite11285, Domejandro, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77, cupcakesnake

EmpireFalls
Starter
And1: 3,778

Re: If the wolves win this year like it or not… 

Post#41 » by EmpireFalls » Tue May 7, 2024 6:50 pm

PhilBlackson wrote:Edwards is already being likened to MJ…he does this then without question the actual comparisons will begin.

Unfortunately for him, Victor exists and when SAS actually makes an effort to construct a real roster the world will not be able to ignore an alien among us.

I agree. Whatever you think of Ant, he is tangible and familiar. We’ve seen his archetype before. In Kobe, Wade, Oladipo, Jordan, and even Jordan himself was a self-admitted David Thompson disciple. Perhaps if he never heard about cocaine we’d be naming awards after David Thompson.

Wemby though has no frame of reference. You can say Sampson or Manute Bol but his mobility and feel is levels beyond what we’ve ever seen at that size. Even your grandma will watch Wembanyama and go “who is THAT guy” just because of his sheer size and seemingly inhuman proportions.

The age of the mutant is upon us, in all walks of life. Time to take over basketball.
WentzerWuver
Rookie
And1: 384

Post#42 » by WentzerWuver » Tue May 7, 2024 6:50 pm

CobraCommander wrote:If the wolves win this year, like it or not, worthy or not, Edwards will assume the mantle of the best player on earth and the Kobe, MJ, LeBron sportcenter lead off Ablock spot will be his….

ESPN prayed for Booker or Tatum to be this new good looking blue blooded American all star face of the league and when that was looking shaky they turned to Ja and Zion and those men got issues - but like mana from
Heaven Stephen A Smith and his bosses at ESPN have found their man and Adam Silver can rest easy knowing that he can tell Bronny, LBJ and Rich Paul - I’m out of the King James business and into the Edwards business -

It feels ordained -

I would love to see Edwards and wolves win but I swear I don’t want the fake narrative - i hope it’s organic and Luka sga Tatum Brunson and Maxey all get some time based on merit and not just narrative

NO he will not! He has to win MVP and FMVP as a prerequisite before he can even be considered or did you not get the memo?

And its rude to not even mentioned the Jokers name as he has earned it more than Ant-man, who hasn't even earned any for ALL-NBA awards but he has been selected for the All-Stars game from fans voting which is good enough for you Lol

Remember when my Maxey won game 5 and everyone was creating these same type of threads saying he is HIM and has taken the mantel from Joel, as I warn then how dumb that was. Then he didn't show up for game 6 Lol

https://youtu.be/PI3jc4paVk0?si=_LLvLt58gCSkpt4o

Talk about making rash decisions...
life_saver
General Manager
And1: 6,153

Post#43 » by life_saver » Tue May 7, 2024 6:54 pm

EmpireFalls wrote:I think Ant is getting a tad overrated to be quite honest. It’s definitely not just him doing this. KAT and Reid have been incredible offensively too, and he isn’t even the best or even the second best defender on his team (McDaniels, NAW, and Gobert do more on defense)

He’s a great young talent and a likable guy though. Just not sure if I’m willing to say he’s on that MJ Bron Kobe level yet.

lot of people don't like KAT and will never give him credit..Ant is still most important player for Wolves in playoffs but KAT is one of best 2nd options for a player like Ant..he compliments Ant's game well and he is totally fine with Ant taking more shots, get credit..to Ant's credit, Ant also consistently praises KAT as the most talented player on the team. He is averaging 21/9 on 70% TS% in just 30mpg so far in playoffs and playing solid defense

Read on Twitter
EmpireFalls
Starter
And1: 3,778

Post#44 » by EmpireFalls » Tue May 7, 2024 7:00 pm

life_saver wrote:
EmpireFalls wrote:I think Ant is getting a tad overrated to be quite honest. It’s definitely not just him doing this. KAT and Reid have been incredible offensively too, and he isn’t even the best or even the second best defender on his team (McDaniels, NAW, and Gobert do more on defense)

He’s a great young talent and a likable guy though. Just not sure if I’m willing to say he’s on that MJ Bron Kobe level yet.

lot of people don't like KAT and will never give him credit..Ant is still most important player for Wolves in playoffs but KAT is one of best 2nd options for a player like Ant..he compliments Ant's game well and he is totally fine with Ant taking more shots, get credit..to Ant's credit, Ant also consistently praises KAT as the most talented player on the team. He is averaging 21/9 on 70% TS% in just 30mpg so far in playoffs and playing solid defense

Read on Twitter

KAT is also what makes their offense (120 Pts per 100 this playoffs, best in the NBA) tick from an advantage creation standpoint, not Ant. He’s central to most of their best actions. A stretch big with his level of range and ability to attack off the dribble is a cheat code.

KAT then being replaced by Naz Reid who has a similar skillset? It’s a cheat code.

KAT is putting on a prime Dirk-esque offensive performance just on low volume here, with elite defense to boot. He has been downright incredible.
WentzerWuver
Rookie

Post#45 » by WentzerWuver » Tue May 7, 2024 7:01 pm

WentzerWuver wrote:
CobraCommander wrote:If the wolves win this year, like it or not, worthy or not, Edwards will assume the mantle of the best player on earth and the Kobe, MJ, LeBron sportcenter lead off Ablock spot will be his….

ESPN prayed for Booker or Tatum to be this new good looking blue blooded American all star face of the league and when that was looking shaky they turned to Ja and Zion and those men got issues - but like mana from
Heaven Stephen A Smith and his bosses at ESPN have found their man and Adam Silver can rest easy knowing that he can tell Bronny, LBJ and Rich Paul - I’m out of the King James business and into the Edwards business -

It feels ordained -

I would love to see Edwards and wolves win but I swear I don’t want the fake narrative - i hope it’s organic and Luka sga Tatum Brunson and Maxey all get some time based on merit and not just narrative

NO he will not! He has to win MVP and FMVP as a prerequisite before he can even be considered or did you not get the memo?

And its rude to not even mentioned the Jokers name as he has earned it more than Ant-man, who hasn't even earned any for ALL-NBA awards but he has been selected for the All-Stars game from fans voting which is good enough for you Lol

I also give Towns more credit for the recent wins but he hasn't done it enough times yet and has been known to slack off which was why Jimmy was chewing him out as a teammate which he never done to Joel cause he puts the hard work in all season long and off season but he did chew out employee number 25.
CobraCommander
RealGM
And1: 14,361

Post#46 » by CobraCommander » Tue May 7, 2024 9:51 pm

WentzerWuver wrote:
WentzerWuver wrote:

It feels ordained -

I also give Towns more credit for the recent wins but he hasn't done it enough times yet and has been known to slack off which was why Jimmy was chewing him out as a teammate which he never done to Joel cause he puts the hard work in all season long and off season but he did chew out employee number 25.

Edwards gonna get credit for getting the most out of towns and Rudy
KamikazeK
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,094

Post#47 » by KamikazeK » Tue May 7, 2024 9:53 pm

Seriously, people act like Ant is playing with a bunch of bums. Umm, have you guys seen the team he's playing with? They're stacked.
FarBeyondDriven
Sixth Man
And1: 1,086

Post#48 » by FarBeyondDriven » Tue May 7, 2024 9:57 pm

It feels ordained -

there's clearly a concerted effort by the NBA to elevate certain players (Ant, Luka) and markets (NY and LA) because it's a TV show more than a sport. Seeing how these playoffs are officiated has me more convinced of this than ever. It's not to say that these aren't talented players but the NBA completely changed in the 90s and they began helping their stars (starting with MJ on through Kobe, Lebron and today's stars) to elevate and remain on top via rule changes and officiating. The days of things being decides on the court based on talent are long gone. The NBA is only slightly less rigged than the WWE.

"tHeN wHy dO yoU bOthEr wATchInG?!"

because I'm old enough to have remembered otherwise and these are still the most skilled, talented athletes that play the game I grew up loving to play and watch. I rewatch TV shows and movies I've already seen despite knowing the outcome too.
WentzerWuver
Rookie

Post#49 » by WentzerWuver » Wed May 8, 2024 3:41 am

CobraCommander wrote:
WentzerWuver wrote:
WentzerWuver wrote:

Yes, I go with that but NOT your original thread topic stating Ant-Man will take over the goat mantle from MJ and Lebron, if Minny win the championship is just plain foolish and ignorant he never won MVP, FMVP, any ALL-NBA awards but I guess being selected to the All Star game is good enough to take the mantle as the greatest player on earth in your book Lol
CobraCommander
RealGM
And1: 14,361

Post#50 » by CobraCommander » Wed May 8, 2024 3:48 am

WentzerWuver wrote:
CobraCommander wrote:
WentzerWuver wrote:I also give Towns more credit for the recent wins but he hasn't done it enough times yet and has been known to slack off which was why Jimmy was chewing him out as a teammate which he never done to Joel cause he puts the hard work in all season long and off season but he did chew out employee number 25.

Yes, I go with that but NOT your original thread topic stating Ant-Man will take over the goat mantle from MJ and Lebron, if Minny win the championship is just plain foolish and ignorant he never won MVP, FMVP, any ALL-NBA awards but I guess being selected to the All Star game is good enough to take the mantle as the greatest player on earth in your book Lol

You didn’t read what I said -

I said narrative - real or not -
TravisScott55
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,015

Post#51 » by TravisScott55 » Wed May 8, 2024 3:50 am

Anthony Edwards is better looking than Booker or Tatum though
Harry Garris
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 13,777

Post#52 » by Harry Garris » Wed May 8, 2024 4:01 am

I don’t think that’s how it works… being the best player on the team that won the finals doesn’t mean you’re the best player in the NBA.
OldSchoolNoBull
General Manager
And1: 3,801

Post#53 » by OldSchoolNoBull » Wed May 8, 2024 4:11 am

I am not sure about the premise - that the NBA needs an American to be the face of the league - but if what that means is "not European" and "doesn't have an accent", then why not SGA over Edwards? SGA is Canadian but there is little about him that wouldn't be marketable to an American audience, and he is statistically better than Edwards across the board. Edwards' scoring has not been efficient. Regular season numbers:

SGA:
PER 100 - 42.4 points, 8.8 assists(vs 3.1 turnovers), 7.8 rebounds, 2.8 steals, 1.3 blocks
+5.6% rTS
+11.4 on/off

Edwards:
PER 100 - 36.6 points, 7.2 assists(vs 4.3 turnovers), 7.7 rebounds, 1.8 steals, 0.7 blocks
-0.5% rTS
+2.8 on/off
Mephariel
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,696

Post#54 » by Mephariel » Wed May 8, 2024 4:12 am

CobraCommander wrote:
DLoMor wrote:Don't forget to mention that the Gobert trade was probably the best trade ever and that the Wolves fleeced the Jazz.

Wait I heard Ainge won that trade and defense is over rated

Ainge did win. That is not to say the Wolves lost. Gobert would never win with the team that they had. And they got a boat load of assets back.
Mephariel
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,696

Post#55 » by Mephariel » Wed May 8, 2024 4:15 am

PlatinumState wrote:Honestly I can see Wemby being the face of the league before Edwards even if Minnesota wins the chip this year. A face of the league is a player who gets recognized by people that dont even follow basketball. Like MJ, Kobe, Shaq, Lebron...... I dont see Ant ever being that tbh. Tim Duncan was never the face of the league but a helluva player with 5 rings

Has a center ever been the face of the league? Especially a 7'4 guy? I can't imagine him having global appeal like Jordan/Lebron/Curry.
Biff
Veteran
And1: 1,316

Post#56 » by Biff » Wed May 8, 2024 4:15 am

GrandTheftRondo wrote:
DLoMor wrote:
The Corey's wrote:Why you dragging Tatum into this? The Wolves aren't ready. It's a wait your turn league.

It ain't their turn.

Because what has Tatum done and won so far? Nothing, probably one of the most overrated players of all time in my honest opinion. Ant is already better than him.

Did just as much as Ant at the same age.

Don’t worry if Ant has a couple of WCF berths and doesn’t get a chip by 25 he’ll end up getting torn down by people just like you’re ridiculously doing here with Tatum.

What a garbage take by you

Go look at Tatums playoff stats and compare them to his reg season stats, then do the same for Edwards and try saying that again. :lol:
"Now everybody wanna play for the heat and the Lakers? Let's go back to being competitive and going at these peoples!" - Kevin Durant
SashimiLover
Freshman
And1: 20

Post#57 » by SashimiLover » Wed May 8, 2024 7:47 am

PlatinumState wrote:Honestly I can see Wemby being the face of the league before Edwards even if Minnesota wins the chip this year. A face of the league is a player who gets recognized by people that dont even follow basketball. Like MJ, Kobe, Shaq, Lebron...... I dont see Ant ever being that tbh. Tim Duncan was never the face of the league but a helluva player with 5 rings

Even though Wemby definitely has the physical tool and opportunity to become a more dominant player than Anthony Edwards (barring major injuries), most casual fans would probably still relate to Anthony Edwards more.
WentzerWuver
Rookie

Post#58 » by WentzerWuver » Wed May 8, 2024 12:49 pm

Mephariel wrote:
CobraCommander wrote:
DLoMor wrote:Don't forget to mention that the Gobert trade was probably the best trade ever and that the Wolves fleeced the Jazz.

Wait I heard Ainge won that trade and defense is over rated

Ainge did win. That is not to say the Wolves lost. Gobert would never win with the team that they had. And they got a boat load of assets back.
Wrong! Minny lost as game 2 prove they don't need him to win easily. Didn't you get the memo?

Return to The General Board