The Donte DiVincenzo Thread

Moderators: infinite11285, Domejandro, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77, cupcakesnake

Scalabrine
RealGM
And1: 7,394

Re: The Donte DiVincenzo Thread 

Post#41 » by Scalabrine » Thu May 9, 2024 1:59 pm

dygaction wrote:Knicks have long-term great deal contracts next year over Brunson - $25M/yr; Mitchell Robinson - $14M/yr; Josh Hart $18M/yr; DiVincenzo $11M/yr; McBride $4.7M/yr;

(Brunson + DiVincenzo + Hart) adds up to $54M/yr, less than Curry's $55.7M and comparable to Kawhi/Jokic/Embiid/James/Durant/Beal', all making >$50M.

Randle also is making 27 mil next year. Made All-NBA 2 out of past 3 years and was on his way another possibility at it this year averaging 25/9/5.

We'll see what deals we can give OG/Hartenstein/Achiuwa but if this team can retain those guys on reasonable deals next year then we are set up for now and the future.

Hartenstein/Robinson/Achiuwa
Randle/Bogdanovic/Achiuwa
OG/Hart/ Bogdanovic
Divincenzo/Hart/McBride
Brunson/McBride

Plus pick 24 and 25 this year and 9 other first rounders from 2025-2030. They have the pieces to contend right now and can make a big splash if the right star comes along.
Go Knicks!
cgf
RealGM
And1: 10,867

Post#42 » by cgf » Thu May 9, 2024 2:10 pm

Scalabrine wrote:
dygaction wrote:Knicks have long-term great deal contracts next year over Brunson - $25M/yr; Mitchell Robinson - $14M/yr; Josh Hart $18M/yr; DiVincenzo $11M/yr; McBride $4.7M/yr;

(Brunson + DiVincenzo + Hart) adds up to $54M/yr, less than Curry's $55.7M and comparable to Kawhi/Jokic/Embiid/James/Durant/Beal', all making >$50M.

Randle also is making 27 mil next year. Made All-NBA 2 out of past 3 years and was on his way another possibility at it this year averaging 25/9/5.

We'll see what deals we can give OG/Hartenstein/Achiuwa but if this team can retain those guys on reasonable deals next year then we are set up for now and the future.

OG/Hart/ Bogdanovic
Divincenzo/Hart/McBride
Brunson/McBride

Plus pick 24 and 25 this year and 9 other first rounders from 2025-2030. They have the pieces to contend right now and can make a big splash if the right star comes along.

The cap math works to give OG a deal up to 40M AAV, IH his early-bird Max, and still have space for our picks/a small contract for Previous, without pushing us over the 2nd apron.

But next summer will be a lot tougher, as Brundle will both have player options that they can decline to become FAs, which almost certainly push us over the 2nd apron.
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Brunson: So what are you paid to do?
Hart: Run around like an idiot during the game and f*** s*** up!
Scalabrine
RealGM

Post#43 » by Scalabrine » Thu May 9, 2024 3:05 pm

cgf wrote:
Scalabrine wrote:

OG/Hart/ Bogdanovic
Divincenzo/Hart/McBride
Brunson/McBride

The cap math works to give OG a deal up to 40M AAV, IH his early-bird Max, and still have space for our picks/a small contract for Previous, without pushing us over the 2nd apron.

But next summer will be a lot tougher, as Brundle will both have player options that they can decline to become FAs, which almost certainly push us over the 2nd apron.

Yeah it's gonna get difficult to add to this team after next year, which is why it's so important to keep Hartenstein and OG. We're contenders with what we have as long as we're healthy, so extending contracts from here isn't gonna kill us. Also, the picks we have, if not traded, will help us keep some cost controlled players on the roster that can hopefully make an impact. The front office has a nice track record with some later picks and finding players that fit recently. Robinson, Quickley, Grimes, McBride, Sims have all been solid and are all late firsts and second rounders. We don't need stars with those picks, we just need solid role players that fit the system, which makes hitting a little easier.

This is how you build a team. Its refreshing!
Go Knicks!
cgf
RealGM

Post#44 » by cgf » Thu May 9, 2024 3:07 pm

Scalabrine wrote:
cgf wrote:
Scalabrine wrote:

OG/Hart/ Bogdanovic
Divincenzo/Hart/McBride
Brunson/McBride

Yeah it's gonna get difficult to add to this team after next year, which is why it's so important to keep Hartenstein and OG. We're contenders with what we have as long as we're healthy, so extending contracts from here isn't gonna kill us. Also, the picks we have, if not traded, will help us keep some cost controlled players on the roster that can hopefully make an impact. The front office has a nice track record with some later picks and finding players that fit recently. Robinson, Quickley, Grimes, McBride, Sims have all been solid and are all late firsts and second rounders. We don't need stars with those picks, we just need solid role players that fit the system, which makes hitting a little easier.

Yep, just need to flip Bogey for Caruso + another depth piece :rock:
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

DrCoach
General Manager
And1: 4,331

Post#45 » by DrCoach » Thu May 9, 2024 3:11 pm

Hes Knicks version of Desmond Banes
naabzor
Analyst
And1: 2,830

Post#46 » by naabzor » Thu May 9, 2024 3:11 pm

The east sucks badly.
iLLmatic860
General Manager
And1: 15,786

Post#47 » by iLLmatic860 » Thu May 9, 2024 3:19 pm

naabzor wrote:The east sucks badly.

Hes had his best season this year lol this didnt start in the playoffs
Scalabrine
RealGM

Post#48 » by Scalabrine » Thu May 9, 2024 3:30 pm

cgf wrote:
Scalabrine wrote:
cgf wrote:

I love Caruso, but he's also expiring after next season. I also think the Bogdanovic's size, floor spacing and scoring off the bench would be missed more than what Caruso would bring for this roster. I think if we are gonna get another guard, it should be a guard that can bring more of what Quickley brought. A scorer and second unit facilitator to allow Brunson to cruise a little more through the season; Colin Sexton, Anfernee Simons, Malik Monk, Norm Powell, that type of guy.

I'd do Bogdanovic, the 24th pick this year, and 2 of the heavily protected firsts we have from WAS/DET/MIL for Colin Sexton (or Simons).

Hartenstein/Robinson
Randle/OG/Achiuwa
OG/Hart/Divincenzo
Divincenzo/Sexton/McBride
Brunson/Sexton/McBride

Thats a really nice 10 man group with no holes and we'd still have Pick 25 and free agency to fill out the depth with flyers and vets.
Go Knicks!
cgf
RealGM

Post#49 » by cgf » Thu May 9, 2024 3:34 pm

DrCoach wrote:Hes Knicks version of Desmond Banes

I love me some Donte, but I wish. If we could add Bane, DDV would drop to the bench and we'd have a title caliber 9-man rotation

Brunson | McBride
Bane | DiVincenzo
Anunoby | Hart
Randle
Robinson | Hartenstein

cgf
RealGM

Post#50 » by cgf » Thu May 9, 2024 3:43 pm

Scalabrine wrote:
cgf wrote:
Scalabrine wrote:

I love Caruso, but he's also expiring after next season. I also think the Bogdanovic's size, floor spacing and scoring off the bench would be missed more than what Caruso would bring for this roster. I think if we are gonna get another guard, it should be a guard that can bring more of what Quickley brought. A scorer and second unit facilitator to allow Brunson to cruise a little more through the season; Colin Sexton, Anfernee Simons, Malik Monk, Norm Powell, that type of guy.

I'd do Bogdanovic, the 24th pick this year, and 2 of the heavily protected firsts we have from WAS/DET/MIL for Colin Sexton (or Simons).

Hartenstein/Robinson
Randle/OG/Achiuwa
OG/Hart/Divincenzo
Brunson/Sexton/McBride

Thats a really nice 10 man group with no holes and we'd still have Pick 25 and free agency to fill out the depth with flyers and vets.

I understand the balance logic, but I look at where we can craft advantages and IMO, being able to keep one of Caruso or Anunoby on the court at all times and being able to play them together to close games, would create a dominant advantage for us on defense and at the ends of games.

I don't think we could give our offense a similar boost without trading Donte for someone like Mitchell or Butler. I just think about a potential Brunson - Caruso - Anunoby - Randle - RobinHart closing lineup and start to drool. Especially when I look at what Minnesota is doing to the defending champs with their defense.

Plus our staggered units would be beastly:
Brunson - DiVincenzo - Hart - OG - RobinHart
McBride - Caruso - Hart - Randle - RobinHart

Scalabrine
RealGM

Post#51 » by Scalabrine » Thu May 9, 2024 4:32 pm

cgf wrote:
Scalabrine wrote:
cgf wrote:

Hartenstein/Robinson
Randle/OG/Achiuwa
OG/Hart/Divincenzo
Brunson/Sexton/McBride

I understand the balance logic, but I look at where we can craft advantages and IMO, being able to keep one of Caruso or Anunoby on the court at all times and being able to play them together to close games, would create a dominant advantage for us on defense and at the ends of games.

I don't think we could give our offense a similar boost without trading Donte for someone like Mitchell or Butler. I just think about a potential Brunson - Caruso - Anunoby - Randle - RobinHart closing lineup and start to drool. Especially when I look at what Minnesota is doing to the defending champs with their defense.

Count me in for that too!

I guess I'm just prioritizing a secondary playmaker more and you want more long defense. I think our defense is great already. I think someone like Sexton or Powell are dogs taht wont get picked on but they will also not let our offense just fall apart when Brunson is on the floor.

Look at last night, Brunson gets, and the Pacers immediately went on an 11-0 run to tie the game and were +21 in the 15 minute stretch he was in the locker room to close out the half.

I know that we'd have Randle back in these hyoptheticals, which would help, but I don't think Caruso is playing over Dante or Hart in our closing lineup in a playoff game either. I'd rather have a guy that can let Brunson play 34 minutes per game over 75 games in the regular season. With that lineup we'd still be one Brunson injury away from being a lottery level team. I think with any of the guys I mentioned we'd be able to stay afloat for a little if the worst case scenario happened.
Go Knicks!
cgf
RealGM

Post#52 » by cgf » Thu May 9, 2024 4:38 pm

Scalabrine wrote:
cgf wrote:
Scalabrine wrote:

Hartenstein/Robinson
Randle/OG/Achiuwa
OG/Hart/Divincenzo
Brunson/Sexton/McBride

Count me in for that too!

I guess I'm just prioritizing a secondary playmaker more and you want more long defense. I think our defense is great already. I think someone like Sexton or Powell are dogs taht wont get picked on but they will also not let our offense just fall apart when Brunson is on the floor.

Look at last night, Brunson gets, and the Pacers immediately went on an 11-0 run to tie the game and were +21 in the 15 minute stretch he was in the locker room to close out the half.

I know that we'd have Randle back in these hyoptheticals, which would help, but I don't think Caruso is playing over Dante or Hart in our closing lineup in a playoff game either. I'd rather have a guy that can let Brunson play 34 minutes per game over 75 games in the regular season. With that lineup we'd still be one Brunson injury away from being a lottery level team. I think with any of the guys I mentioned we'd be able to stay afloat for a little if the worst case scenario happened.

This could just be because I live in Chicago and see a lot of Caruso...but thibs would love him the way he instantly fell in love with OG. He may not start, but he'd finish a lot for us.

I hear what you're saying about the Brunson injury, but a serious Brunson injury ends our title chances either way. Whereas with a healthy Randle & that defense, I think we could survive a Brunson getting a little banged up just as well as we could with a Sexton / Clarkson / Powell / Kuzma instead of Caruso.

That's why I'm more concerned with how do we give a healthy Brunson the best chance to win, than how we win without a healthy Brunson...though I certainly wouldn't be opposed to using whichever pick we don't trade for Caruso on a young guard to see if we can't just draft another IQ.

And I think a Deuce - AC - Hart/OG - Julius - RobinHart lineup could give Brunson plenty of rest in the regular season.

LaLover11
Sixth Man
And1: 956

Post#53 » by LaLover11 » Thu May 9, 2024 4:46 pm

cgf wrote:

I love me some Donte, but I wish. If we could add Bane, DDV would drop to the bench and we'd have a title caliber 9-man rotation

Brunson | McBride
Bane | DiVincenzo
Anunoby | Hart
Randle/LeBron
Robinson | Hartenstein

Wow that team looks great :)
Bronny will become Murray 2.0
cgf
RealGM

Post#54 » by cgf » Thu May 9, 2024 4:50 pm

LaLover11 wrote:
cgf wrote:

Brunson | McBride
Bane | DiVincenzo
Anunoby | Hart
Randle/LeBron
Robinson | Hartenstein

Pass. Not a culture fit. 8-)

LaLover11
Sixth Man

Post#55 » by LaLover11 » Thu May 9, 2024 5:16 pm

cgf wrote:
LaLover11 wrote:
cgf wrote:

Brunson | McBride
Bane | DiVincenzo
Anunoby | Hart
Randle/LeBron
Robinson | Hartenstein

King of New York with his sidekick Brunson lol
Would be a winning culture lol something NY hasn't experienced
cgf
RealGM

Post#56 » by cgf » Thu May 9, 2024 6:02 pm

LaLover11 wrote:
cgf wrote:
LaLover11 wrote:

King of New York with his sidekick Brunson lol
Would be a winning culture lol something NY hasn't experienced

We're not trying to go back to losing in round 1. No need to saddle Jalen with the grandpa James circus. Maybe once he retires, he can come be an assistant for Thibs.

Packbuckman
Sixth Man
And1: 819

Post#57 » by Packbuckman » Thu May 9, 2024 6:47 pm

LaLover11 wrote:
iLLmatic860 wrote:dude was a steal...great contract

Warriors screwed up not resigning him

Bucks screwed up more for trading him for serge Ibaka :roll:
OxAndFox
Analyst
And1: 2,176

Post#58 » by OxAndFox » Thu May 9, 2024 11:14 pm

bpcox05 wrote:
LaLover11 wrote:
iLLmatic860 wrote:dude was a steal...great contract

Warriors screwed up not resigning him

The Kings screwed up not resigning him.

I feel like I was in the minority that was championing for the Kings to trade for him (since he was having a down year with his injury). I was thrilled when we actually got him and that excitement very quickly turned to disappointment when we simply let him walk (especially since he only signed for $4.5 mil per year with the Warriors).

Instead of locking up DiVincenzo and having a really solid, young 3&D SG who can also handle the ball, pass, and rebound next to Fox, we decided to trade a 1st round pick for Huerter. I don’t think that trade was egregious in a vacuum but when it basically comes down to rather having DiVincenzo & a 1st or Huerter, the answer was pretty easy for me.

Luckily for us, we may have found our own DiVincenzo type of player in Ellis but it definitely wouldn’t hurt to have two of those guys on the roster since they can play multiple positions.

And the Kings tried to get cute and restrict Donte's playing time to lower his contract. Was a dumb move.
Handlez
Junior
And1: 643

Post#59 » by Handlez » Sat May 11, 2024 9:59 am

Averaging 29 against the Pacers on 50.8% and 56% from 3.

Oof.
LaLover11
Sixth Man

Post#60 » by LaLover11 » Sat May 11, 2024 10:08 am

Handlez wrote:Averaging 29 against the Pacers on 50.8% and 56% from 3.

Oof.

How much help does Brunson need :D
He's playing amazing!

Return to The General Board