Carlisle ripping the refs in the post game interview

Moderators: infinite11285, Domejandro, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77, cupcakesnake

gavran
RealGM
And1: 7,544

Re: Carlisle ripping the refs in the post game interview 

Post#41 » by gavran » Thu May 9, 2024 4:33 am

NotaHypeJob wrote:The refs still owe the Pacers a game from the crap show on game 1. I think we all hope the refs help them win a game to make up for it

No OG in the 4th, no Brunson in the 2nd. This was the game they got, and lost by 9.
Im Coming Home
RealGM
And1: 18,104

Post#42 » by Im Coming Home » Thu May 9, 2024 4:33 am

Game 1 he had a gripe.

Game 2 he's an idiot. There was nothing egregious or caused the outcome of the game. Pathetic he's saying this stuff now. Take the L like a man.
RGM Knicks BAF- Houston Rockets

PG: Cunningham | Suggs |
SG: Au Thompson | Rupert |
SF: Griffin | Reddish
PF: Avdija | Prince| Bertans
C: Lively II | Smith
SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 38,109

Post#43 » by SOUL » Thu May 9, 2024 4:38 am

I could never be a ref unless I got paid crazy amounts lol.. everyone thinks you're incompetent, or rigging the game and people are yelling at you the entire game. Also if you call a great game nobody will notice
Deshaun Taden
Junior
And1: 448

Post#44 » by Deshaun Taden » Thu May 9, 2024 4:43 am

That double dribble call on Hartenstein was egregious I agree, good for Carlisle to rage against the refs when it's harming his opponent. A man of real integrity.
Ray Donovan
Junior
And1: 165

Post#45 » by Ray Donovan » Thu May 9, 2024 5:07 am

Carlisle always lost close games like thez 2 when he coached Mavs
Lalouie
RealGM
And1: 10,228

Post#46 » by Lalouie » Thu May 9, 2024 4:10 pm

HISTORICALLY, the refs let players play

rick - "we're not allowed to be physical and the knicks are"........being physical is part of the knixx dna. teams who are NOT physical and try to play physical don't know how to do it so they flail

the easiest thing for a defensive team to do is to stop a running team's rhythm
Effigy
RealGM
And1: 12,126

Post#47 » by Effigy » Thu May 9, 2024 4:16 pm

I hope the Knicks keep getting these calls against Boston. I want to see Bill Simmons go nuclear, lol.
cgf
RealGM
And1: 10,867

Post#48 » by cgf » Thu May 9, 2024 4:32 pm

SOUL wrote:I could never be a ref unless I got paid crazy amounts lol.. everyone thinks you're incompetent, or rigging the game and people are yelling at you the entire game. Also if you call a great game nobody will notice

Yeah. You don't even get to really enjoy your view of the game because you need to be focused on the minutiae.
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Brunson: So what are you paid to do?
Hart: Run around like an idiot during the game and f*** s*** up!
cgf
RealGM

Post#49 » by cgf » Thu May 9, 2024 4:33 pm

Lalouie wrote:HISTORICALLY, the refs let players play

rick - "we're not allowed to be physical and the knicks are"........being physical is part of the knixx dna. teams who are NOT physical and try to play physical don't know how to do it so they flail

the easiest thing for a defensive team to do is to stop a running team's rhythm

TBF we haven't exactly managed to slow them down, we've just been able to keep up with them so far :lol:
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

___Rand___
RealGM
And1: 10,510

Post#50 » by ___Rand___ » Thu May 9, 2024 5:25 pm

SOUL wrote:I could never be a ref unless I got paid crazy amounts lol.. everyone thinks you're incompetent, or rigging the game and people are yelling at you the entire game. Also if you call a great game nobody will notice

With all the money floating around these days. It's been a problem before, and who's to say it isn't a problem now?
___Rand___
RealGM
And1: 10,510

Post#51 » by ___Rand___ » Thu May 9, 2024 5:27 pm

Ray Donovan wrote:Carlisle always lost close games like thez 2 when he coached Mavs

He didn't stop the run in the 3rd quarter. That's where he lost the game. He also needs to get Pascal out of his head. His free throw problem is all in his head. Pascal's gone through those funks before.
Tron Carter
RealGM
And1: 19,530

Post#52 » by Tron Carter » Thu May 9, 2024 5:27 pm

boomershadow wrote:He is saying what we are thinking

Did you just refer to yourself as an idiot then?
R.I.P Black Mamba
Tron Carter
RealGM
And1: 19,530

Post#53 » by Tron Carter » Thu May 9, 2024 5:29 pm

Nuntius wrote:
doogie_hauser wrote:Weird Flex. The Josh Hart shove on Haliburton was a legit compliant, but I also thought the refs let a log on Knicks players being fouled on multiple occasions tonight (ie DiVo and Josh Hart)

RC and the Pacers had a legit beef and criticsm of the refs in game 1, tonight the Knicks did earn their win through sheer amazing will power and grit.

Brunson's heroics tonight is something I will remember for a long, long time, The Knicks version of The Terminator.

Brunson was amazing tonight indeed and the Knicks absolutely earned tonight's win. It's what cgf is saying, imo. RC is trying to make sure that we get some home cooking as well in Indiana.

maybe he should focus on getting you guys to defend against a Knicks team trotting out a 6-man rotation?

just a thought
R.I.P Black Mamba
NotaHypeJob
Sixth Man
And1: 2,321

Post#54 » by NotaHypeJob » Thu May 9, 2024 5:57 pm

gavran wrote:
NotaHypeJob wrote:The refs still owe the Pacers a game from the crap show on game 1. I think we all hope the refs help them win a game to make up for it

No OG in the 4th, no Brunson in the 2nd. This was the game they got, and lost by 9.

Why did you quote me on this? This has nothing to do with the refs owing the Pacers a game
cgf
RealGM

Post#55 » by cgf » Thu May 9, 2024 6:08 pm

Tron Carter wrote:
Nuntius wrote:
doogie_hauser wrote:Weird Flex. The Josh Hart shove on Haliburton was a legit compliant, but I also thought the refs let a log on Knicks players being fouled on multiple occasions tonight (ie DiVo and Josh Hart)

RC and the Pacers had a legit beef and criticsm of the refs in game 1, tonight the Knicks did earn their win through sheer amazing will power and grit.

Brunson's heroics tonight is something I will remember for a long, long time, The Knicks version of The Terminator.

Brunson was amazing tonight indeed and the Knicks absolutely earned tonight's win. It's what cgf is saying, imo. RC is trying to make sure that we get some home cooking as well in Indiana.

maybe he should focus on getting you guys to defend against a Knicks team trotting out a 6-man rotation?

just a thought

I suspect that spending a minute or two working the refs during a press conference that he had to do anyway, won't have much impact on how prepared he has his team to defend us in game 3 :lol:

srhcan
Veteran
And1: 1,744

Post#56 » by srhcan » Thu May 9, 2024 6:32 pm

reload141 wrote:
RHODEY wrote:
reload141 wrote:
The push on Haliburton was a pretty big miss.

Game 1, yeah I agree the refs favored the Knicks pretty hard.

But at the end of the day, Knicks earned this win through being the tougher and no-quit mentality as they have demonstrated throughout the playoffs.

I’ll need to check the maths on how many games each team needs to win though…
They also earned the game 1 win. Not our fault Haliburton only scored 6 points.

I mean… yeah it’s not your fault, but even you can admit if the refs called it both ways in Game 1 this series could easily be 1-1.

There’s no real issue here, game 2 was all fair

yep this series should have been 1-1 after game 2 if the refs were honest; but it is 2-0 in favour of Knicks. Similar thing happened in Round 1; if the refs were honest that series would have been 1-1 after game 2 instead of 2-0 in favour of Knicks. Can you see a pattern?
cgf
RealGM

Post#57 » by cgf » Thu May 9, 2024 7:08 pm

srhcan wrote:
reload141 wrote:
RHODEY wrote:They also earned the game 1 win. Not our fault Haliburton only scored 6 points.

I mean… yeah it’s not your fault, but even you can admit if the refs called it both ways in Game 1 this series could easily be 1-1.

yep this series should have been 1-1 after game 2 if the refs were honest; but it is 2-0 in favour of Knicks. Similar thing happened in Round 1; if the refs were honest that series would have been 1-1 after game 2 instead of 2-0 in favour of Knicks. Can you see a pattern?

God I hope you're right *fingerscrossed* stealing one in Boston would be so funny :lol:

RHODEY
RealGM
And1: 19,960

Post#58 » by RHODEY » Thu May 9, 2024 7:17 pm

srhcan wrote:
reload141 wrote:
RHODEY wrote:They also earned the game 1 win. Not our fault Haliburton only scored 6 points.

The pattern is disgruntled fans from other teams would rather blame the refs for Indy'S loss rather than admit the better team won and deserved to win.

NEW York Knicks versus everybody.... :nod:
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,634

Post#59 » by jbk1234 » Thu May 9, 2024 7:19 pm

Effigy wrote:I hope the Knicks keep getting these calls against Boston. I want to see Bill Simmons go nuclear, lol.

If the Knicks are healthy, I think there's a very strong possibility that the home team wins every game and the officiating is a factor.

As far as Carlisle, he's got to say something about Hart pushing Haliburton in the back there. The alternative is doing something about Hart pushing Haliburton in the back. Knicks fans can pretend they'd be fine with the latter, but I promise you they would not.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
RHODEY
RealGM
And1: 19,960

Post#60 » by RHODEY » Thu May 9, 2024 7:23 pm

jbk1234 wrote:
Effigy wrote:I hope the Knicks keep getting these calls against Boston. I want to see Bill Simmons go nuclear, lol.

If the Knicks are healthy, I think there's a very strong possibility that the home team wins every game and the officiating is a factor.

As far as Carlisle, he's got to say something about Hart pushing Haliburton in the back there. The alternative is doing something about Hart pushing Haliburton in the back. Knicks fans can pretend they'd be fine with the latter, but I promise you they would not.

We are fine with it because it's already happened. Last examples are the Josh Hart rebound and put back after a missed free throw. He was shoved rom behind and should have received an "AND1 but didn't. No worries on our end though ... we still got the job done .

Return to The General Board