Lakers reportedly want LeBron back ‘on any term that he wants.’ Including possibly drafting Bronny.

Moderators: infinite11285, Domejandro, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77, cupcakesnake

LaLover11
Sixth Man
And1: 993

Re: Lakers reportedly want LeBron back ‘on any term that he wants.’ Including possibly drafting Bronny. 

Post#41 » by LaLover11 » Sat May 11, 2024 10:18 pm

BigGargamel wrote:
ballzboyee wrote:Pelicans own the Lakers 1st round pick. If they defer to 2025, the Lakers can use it. I think they have to use it on Bronny. If they don't have the pick, then Bronny could be gone. It sounds crazy, but the reality is that this is a very weak draft. Why not take Bronny?

:lol:

I can never tell if you people are serious or not. There are very solid players available at #17.

Please name me one that guarantees LeBron will also sign with that draft pick
Bronny will become Murray 2.0
Birdon
Sophomore
And1: 168

Re: Lakers reportedly want LeBron back ‘on any term that he wants.’ Including possibly drafting Bronny. 

Post#42 » by Birdon » Sat May 11, 2024 10:19 pm

Outstanding Lakers, keep Lebron until 2050.
mg
General Manager
And1: 4,079

Post#43 » by mg » Sat May 11, 2024 10:22 pm

Listening to Shams he doesn't believe any team would take such a project as Bronny in the 1st round. We are talking about a smallish guard with no PG skills who is literally several years away from potentially being any type of NBA player. Rip this draft all you want but there will still be legit talent available at the top of the 2nd round.

I doubt any team is going to raise the ire of either Lebron or Klutch by being cute and taking Bronny unless Lebron actually gives them the OK to do so. Assuming the Lakers have their '24 FRP they desperately need to use it to find immediate help for Lebron and AD even if it means trading it (which is what Shams also mentioned).
TroubleS0me
General Manager
And1: 5,447

Post#44 » by TroubleS0me » Sat May 11, 2024 10:23 pm

Like he said in Space Jam 2:
"I want my son"
PistolPeteJR
RealGM
And1: 9,548

Post#45 » by PistolPeteJR » Sat May 11, 2024 10:40 pm

DaGawd wrote:
BlzMwt wrote:
BigGargamel wrote:The Lakers used to be such an enviable organization. What a sham they've become.

An organization bending over backwards for a current top 10 player and one whom many consider the possible GOAT is them becoming a sham?

lebron is still really good for his age.. but top 10 he is not

You’d really want 10 other players over him in the playoffs? Who?
PushDaRock
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,452

Post#46 » by PushDaRock » Sat May 11, 2024 10:51 pm

The 56th pick is not any different than a UDFA, players picked in those spots often even tell teams not to draft them if they prefer a better fit somewhere else.
EmpireFalls
Starter
And1: 3,832

Post#47 » by EmpireFalls » Sat May 11, 2024 10:51 pm

I think a lot of people forget how damaging the Sacre era was to Lakers both management and fans. They want to have the limelight and the attention and all the extra cavalcade of “mattering” that having LeBron James on their team brings.

Without him, they’d never have gotten AD, they’d never have gotten a ring, they’d probably never have even made it to the WCF with a core of Randle Ingram and injured Lonzo.

The Lakers want to be the first line on every TV show Lakers - they don’t want to be rebuilding. And ultimately that’s the bottom line. It’s not a great strategy, but when you think of the alternatives… I get it.
Forbes
Analyst
And1: 2,704

Post#48 » by Forbes » Sat May 11, 2024 11:57 pm

Can they just pick him up undrafted?? Or does Lebron want to make sure his son gets the draft experience?

If I had that type of power I’d do the same thing for my son.
FrodoFraggins
Senior
And1: 551

Post#49 » by FrodoFraggins » Sat May 11, 2024 11:57 pm

Why does he want his kid to literally live in his shadow? Unless he's sure Bronny will never get drafted on merit he's just being a bad dad imo.
BigGargamel
Veteran
And1: 6,549

Post#50 » by BigGargamel » Sun May 12, 2024 12:00 am

LaLover11 wrote:
BigGargamel wrote:
ballzboyee wrote:Pelicans own the Lakers 1st round pick. If they defer to 2025, the Lakers can use it. I think they have to use it on Bronny. If they don't have the pick, then Bronny could be gone. It sounds crazy, but the reality is that this is a very weak draft. Why not take Bronny?

:lol:

I can never tell if you people are serious or not. There are very solid players available at #17.

Please name me one that guarantees LeBron will also sign with that draft pick

He's not leaving the Lakers. Wasting a mid-first round pick on a bum would be a disaster, no matter what casuals like you think. A GM in charge of actually improving a basketball team won't do that. :lol: They can get a guy like Filipowski who will actually help then waste a pick on LeBron's son in the 2nd round.

They'll most likely draft him in the second round or sign him as a UDFA. Bronny's camp will make sure no one else drafts him to ensure he winds up with the Lakers. Not that they will have to do that much convincing. He's not draftable.
meekrab
RealGM
And1: 9,020

Post#51 » by meekrab » Sun May 12, 2024 12:03 am

Forbes wrote:Can they just pick him up undrafted?? Or does Lebron want to make sure his son gets the draft experience?

Gonna be sad if they invite Bronny to the draft green room for him to hang out with dudes way better than him and then go undrafted. :noway:
rapstarter
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,719

Post#52 » by rapstarter » Sun May 12, 2024 12:05 am

They want that farewell tour money.
Karmaloop
General Manager
And1: 1,497

Post#53 » by Karmaloop » Sun May 12, 2024 12:07 am

JayMKE wrote:Lakers FO and the Buss family don't elicit much confidence, Lebron got them a ring(and AD) and has been covering up a lot of the warts last few years.

Wait...top 25 players masquerade issues of the franchise? Nobody told Dallas, Milwaukee, or Philadelphia that.
Hobo4President
Analyst
And1: 3,224

Post#54 » by Hobo4President » Sun May 12, 2024 1:31 am

Just confirms they're a franchise not interested in winning. There is NO way you commit that hard to a 39 year old who's only going to get worse unless you only care about people buying jerseys
doogie_hauser
Rookie
And1: 1,508

Post#55 » by doogie_hauser » Sun May 12, 2024 1:44 am

BlzMwt wrote:
BigGargamel wrote:The Lakers used to be such an enviable organization. What a sham they've become.

An organization bending over backwards for a current top 10 player and one whom many consider the possible GOAT is them becoming a sham?

Two things

On this season's out put, no way is Lebron still a top ten player in this league and secondly, the way they are selling their future potential championship/success hopes in order to accommodate Lebron and his ego really is embarrassing

They will pay him the max 3 year extension too.
NyKnicks1714
RealGM
And1: 25,122

Post#56 » by NyKnicks1714 » Sun May 12, 2024 1:46 am

Forbes wrote:Can they just pick him up undrafted?? Or does Lebron want to make sure his son gets the draft experience?

It's the 55th pick. Really doesn't matter either way
LakersLegacy
Head Coach
And1: 3,873

Post#57 » by LakersLegacy » Sun May 12, 2024 1:51 am

Lakers can help Bronny with his heart after Bronny’s original doctors and USC original doctors missed Bronny’s heart condition

Lakers saved Turiaf and continued his employment when his previous doctors missed his deadly heart condition

It’s a great fit for Bronny and an appropriate place for his draft position

Bronny is a good man
ChipotleWest
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,074

Post#58 » by ChipotleWest » Sun May 12, 2024 2:03 am

I don't really understand why it's so important to do whatever 40 year old Lebron wants. It's not as if there's any possibility of making the team a contender they'd have to add a third star to Lebron/AD but that's not possible.

I mean what is the logic "maybe we can avoid the Nuggets the entire playoffs and beat every other team". I don't think they'd have made the Finals this year even if they avoided Denver.
Lakerland247
Ballboy
And1: 23

Post#59 » by Lakerland247 » Sun May 12, 2024 3:28 am

___Rand___ wrote:
Cubbies2120 wrote:If they get Bronny, it’s the steal of the draft. I have him #1 on by big board in terms of pure talent

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
BigGargamel
Veteran
And1: 6,549

Post#60 » by BigGargamel » Sun May 12, 2024 3:29 am

doogie_hauser wrote:
BlzMwt wrote:

Two things

On this season's out put, no way is Lebron still a top ten player in this league and secondly, the way they are selling their future potential championship/success hopes in order to accommodate Lebron and his ego really is embarrassing

They will pay him the max 3 year extension too.

Yeah this is what I mean.

If it was a team like Sacramento, Orlando, Indiana, even Denver..I could see it. But the Lakers? The most storied franchise in the NBA? The name on the front of the jersey basically is a money printing machine. Whey are they resorting to worshiping the ground LeBron walks on? They're the LAKERS. They should never be down for long, but other than that bubble championship, they've been trash (by their standards) for over a decade, and letting LeBron run the show like this is just kinda pathetic. They're better than that. Or, with the front office and ownership, perhaps they aren't.

Return to The General Board