Luka has been AWFUL these Playoffs!

Moderators: infinite11285, Domejandro, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77, cupcakesnake

BmanInBigD
Sixth Man
And1: 633

Re: Luka has been AWFUL these Playoffs! 

Post#41 » by BmanInBigD » Sun May 12, 2024 3:19 am

Looks like you just proved his point. And then right on cue you bring out the race card. Duh…
When someone says, "to make a long story short", it's usually too late.
Handlez
Junior
And1: 652

Post#42 » by Handlez » Sun May 12, 2024 3:23 am

Luka is obviously injured and playing hard despite constant pain.

This is not healthy Luka.
MrGoat
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,593

Post#43 » by MrGoat » Sun May 12, 2024 3:24 am

I thought this obvious jinx thread was too obvious to work but good job I guess
Sofia
GOTB: Mean Girls
And1: 31,061

Post#44 » by Sofia » Sun May 12, 2024 3:38 am

Is he still punching darts?
Founder - Wembanyama GOAT club - waitlist registrations being accepted

President of the Pharmcat Fanclub
President of the GreatWhiteStiff Fanclub
infinite11285
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 25,782

Post#45 » by infinite11285 » Sun May 12, 2024 3:44 am

MFT5 wrote:
Apz wrote:
BmanInBigD wrote:Yes, he’s getting banged around. He’s also dinged up. He also has acted like a spoiled brat this series, and I’m one of his biggest fans. And I know exactly what I’m seeing, and understand it. But grammar and spelling go a long way towards getting your point across, and if you can’t use either, please don’t respond with gibberish.

Issue is young kids having heroes like Ja that cant even talk or write their own language

lol cry more i dnt have idols so take your racism somewhere else lmao yu so mad @ life … get it together black jesus more successful than yu will EVER be btw lmao

You three...let's move on from this unnecessary back and forth. If you want to continue, please PM each other. Let's keep the topic on track.
MFT5
Sophomore
And1: 41

Post#46 » by MFT5 » Sun May 12, 2024 4:20 am

BmanInBigD wrote:Looks like you just proved his point. And then right on cue you bring out the race card. Duh…

yea bc i can bc it’s obvious … truth isn’t always fun but it definitely will be present lol … hide hands n throwing rocks i expect nothing less from cowards lmao

just like how yu tried to reference me w/ out quoting me lmao … weak n i can smell it garfield lol
brutalitops
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,485

Post#47 » by brutalitops » Sun May 12, 2024 4:28 am

Clearly injured because he hasn't been able to hit that step back 3. All explosion has gone, which really is the key to him being able to break down guys on that first dribble.

But he also just had a great performance and while hobbled used his size to grab a heap of rebounds and end possessions. Which is one thing that splits stars from superstars.
EmpireFalls
Starter
And1: 3,863

Post#48 » by EmpireFalls » Sun May 12, 2024 4:31 am

One thing a lot of young players struggle with is making a positive impact on the game when not at 100%. We saw it a lot over the years. 2010 LeBron meltdown vs Boston is probably the most famous example. But eventually you learn. Good to see Luka battling thru adversity.

However, this is not a title team without him at full health.
realball
Head Coach
And1: 3,186

Post#49 » by realball » Sun May 12, 2024 4:32 am

Even on a bum leg he's dropping a near 30-point triple double in these playoffs. He's truly a generational player.
doogie_hauser
Rookie
And1: 1,578

Post#50 » by doogie_hauser » Sun May 12, 2024 5:04 am

Luka, Tatum,.Brunson, even the three time MVP Joker have been had slander threads and really cold takes posted about them, both here and on twitter ?

Take club/franchise biases aside, the amount of hate and disrespect being thrown around at many of the stars in the NBA (especially those teams are still active in the playoffs) is something I fail to understand as a life long NBA fan (not just a die hard Celtics stan)

Criticsm of Tatum was justified (to a degree) after a tepid series v Miami and game 2 v the Cavs but he bounced back for his best post season performance this season tonight v the Cavs (one I believe he will build upon)

The last few games I have seen of Luka (didn't watch game 3 because it was too early in my time zone) and Brunson have been extraordinary, given they are carrying some.serious niggles that they would have sat out in the regular season, yet still being criticised unjustly or hated upon for no real reason I can think of.

We should be more appreciative of the stars and big names, esp those still in these playoffs

Luka finally has a decent and somewhat deep team for maybe the first time in his NBA career, and as such doesn't need to try do it all on his own in the playoffs (esp as his ankle is still nowhere near right) and some here still think he should be doing a lot more.
Good grief. NBA Fandom is a weird lot
bucknut
Junior
And1: 123

Post#51 » by bucknut » Sun May 12, 2024 5:31 am

why is he injured ? ........he was ass in clipper series before any injury; which was what game 3 ? luka was ASS my dude in those 3 clipper games; which is indicitive of a cold streak.....he has wide open shots right now that he is not making. Why would a knee affect wide open stand still set shots. he didn't look injured last game when he shot well.......his step back still generates insane space

luka being overly dramatic, and exaggerating injuries and officiating his whole career doesn't help matters. there is 0 doubt he is overly exaggerating any knee pain. And how the hell is this guy bleeding between 5 layers of knee coverings every game ? weird, almost like he's implanting ketchup there to make the excuse more plausible.
Handlez
Junior
And1: 652

Post#52 » by Handlez » Sun May 12, 2024 5:50 am

bucknut wrote:why is he injured ? ........he was ass in clipper series before any injury; which was what game 3 ? luka was ASS my dude in those 3 clipper games; which is indicitive of a cold streak.....he has wide open shots right now that he is not making. Why would a knee affect wide open stand still set shots. he didn't look injured last game when he shot well.......his step back still generates insane space

luka being overly dramatic, and exaggerating injuries and officiating his whole career doesn't help matters. there is 0 doubt he is overly exaggerating any knee pain. And how the hell is this guy bleeding between 5 layers of knee coverings every game ? weird, almost like he's implanting ketchup there to make the excuse more plausible.

He has a severely sprained knee my guy.

He's playing when a lot of players wouldn't, knowing he's sacrificing his percentages.

Healthy Luka can't be guarded. He has PROVEN that.

This is quite clearly a seriously compromised Luka.

And the knee was before the Clippers series and it got worse.
GeorgeSears
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,724

Post#53 » by GeorgeSears » Sun May 12, 2024 5:56 am

The unfortunate part for the Mavs is that he's clearly not healthy. There's something wrong with his knee and he's toughing through it, but it does lower their championship ceiling this postseason because he doesn't have a couple of weeks to to take off to help heal it. He's good enough to play, so it's hard to come up with an excuse in that regard.

Return to The General Board