I mean this might not look good for the Twolves ownership (Pistons may pursue Connelly for POBO)

Moderators: infinite11285, Domejandro, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77, cupcakesnake

Chuck Everett
RealGM
And1: 13,722

Re: I mean this might not look good for the Twolves ownership (Pistons may pursue Connelly for POBO) 

Post#41 » by Chuck Everett » Tue May 14, 2024 5:25 pm

wegotthabeet wrote:so is Weaver out or what's going on there?

He was demoted (and they will more than likely just let his contract expire when it's up).
"Kill 'em with Grindness."
wegotthabeet
Analyst
And1: 1,992

Re: I mean this might not look good for the Twolves ownership (Pistons may pursue Connelly for POBO) 

Post#42 » by wegotthabeet » Tue May 14, 2024 5:44 pm

Chuck Everett wrote:
wegotthabeet wrote:so is Weaver out or what's going on there?

He was demoted (and they will more than likely just let his contract expire when it's up).

demotions never work. either you walk away or you promote.
Mr Peanut
Starter
And1: 2,449

Post#43 » by Mr Peanut » Tue May 14, 2024 7:36 pm

Gusto1903 wrote:The Pistons are cursed, he will have none of it.

Anyone could also have said the same about the Timberwolves when they had their recent 12 year playoff drought. Pistons at least have a storied history with three championships including one in the past two decades.
Gusto1903
Sixth Man
And1: 2,436

Post#44 » by Gusto1903 » Wed May 15, 2024 6:15 am

Mr Peanut wrote:
Gusto1903 wrote:The Pistons are cursed, he will have none of it.

Anyone could also have said the same about the Timberwolves when they had their recent 12 year playoff drought. Pistons at least have a storied history with three championships including one in the past two decades.

The Wolves were just badly managed tho. Missing out on Top Picks, cuffing themselves with Joe fn Smith.

They have a young core and a supposedly good coach. They should at least show some flash, but dont. The Pistons missed out on the First overall pick despite being deadlast in the league for the past 3 seasons for example. They couldnt manage to get their hands on a star since the 2004 Pistons either via draft or FA.
On the Alperen Sengün hypetrain since 2020

Return to The General Board