In 9 playoff games, Celtics have shot 73 more FTs than their opponents

Moderators: cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77

jfs1000d
RealGM
And1: 14,084

Re: In 9 playoff games, Celtics have shot 73 more FTs than their opponents 

Post#41 » by jfs1000d » Wed May 15, 2024 1:29 am

Cavs are upset because Strus got a bad whistle all game.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
FarBeyondDriven
Sixth Man
And1: 1,150

Post#42 » by FarBeyondDriven » Wed May 15, 2024 2:49 am

people are just realizing the NBA is rigged and the Celtics are one of the most protected teams?
FarBeyondDriven
Sixth Man
And1: 1,150

Post#43 » by FarBeyondDriven » Wed May 15, 2024 2:57 am

sp6r=underrated wrote:
Harry Palmer wrote:
1) The NBA has been remarkably open about favouring certain franchises/players.

The Knicks have the thirst worst winning percentage of any NBA franchise since 2001. If the NBA fixes thing, why didn't they fix things to give the knicks a contender?

You have to be a pretty stupid fixer to think building a contender in SA (best winning percentage since 01) over NYC would lead to greater profits.

owners hate Dolan. The moment he sells you'll see them suddenly start winning lotteries, stars traded there and getting FAs. As for why the Spurs are clearly favored, it's because Pop is a hypocritically woke mouthpiece for the NBA on societal issues plus when the league was trying to crackdown on tanking the Spurs, who could have and should have tanked, did them a solid and refused to tank to set an example. The NBA awarded them with Duncan and Wemby as a result.
Chessboxer
Analyst
And1: 691

Post#44 » by Chessboxer » Wed May 15, 2024 3:53 am

73? That's ridiculous. That's a hell of a lot of freethrows, especially since the Celtics hoist up up 3's like there's no tomorrow. Reminds me of the Bucks/Celtics series in 2022. The last 5 minutes of a physical back and forth playoff game and the Celtics got like 14 free throws and the Bucks had 0. This is with Giannis in the lineup too. :lol: I don't know how the Bucks ended up winning that game.
" What I do is attack your ability. I don't have to stand over you and taunt you. You'll know when it's done that I'm better."

-Micheal Jordan
AussieCeltic
RealGM
And1: 22,101

Post#45 » by AussieCeltic » Wed May 15, 2024 11:17 am

Chessboxer wrote:73? That's ridiculous. That's a hell of a lot of freethrows, especially since the Celtics hoist up up 3's like there's no tomorrow. Reminds me of the Bucks/Celtics series in 2022. The last 5 minutes of a physical back and forth playoff game and the Celtics got like 14 free throws and the Bucks had 0. This is with Giannis in the lineup too. :lol: I don't know how the Bucks ended up winning that game.

Celtics shot 2 more free throws than the Bucks over a 7 game series. So an extra 0.28 of a free throw per game.

Giannis shot 10.5 free throws per game alone. Tatum lead the Celtics with 6 per game.

Which other 2022 Bucks player draws fouls?
eyeatoma wrote:IMO the bigger issue is that Denver and the Jazz are allowed to host games at a high altitute, when they have literally had news exposes saying how it's a clear competetive advantage to play there.
CD_41
Junior
And1: 490

Post#46 » by CD_41 » Wed May 15, 2024 11:31 am

sp6r=underrated wrote:
Dennis Reynolds wrote:In case math isn't your thing, the Celtics are getting 8 FT attempts per game more than their opponents. Considering they were averaging a bit less than 3 extra FT attempts per game during the regular season you gotta wonder what suddenly changed.

The thing that I found particularly interesting was Tatum's FT rate. It ballooned from .349 in the regular season all the way to .479 in the playoffs which happens to be his career high. And no, he hasn't been taking more shots around the rim in the playoffs in case you were wondering.

I guess the best way to guard a guy who's shooting 41.7% from the field and 26.3% for 3 which equates to a career low 46.3 eFG% is to never stop fouling him. :dontknow:

1. In small sample sizes you get weird statistical outcomes. The Lakers were +30 with Dlo in the 5 games vs Denver but only + 2 with Lebron. Pure noise.
2. If you think the refs are fixes, why are you here? Seriously, if the games are fixed there is no reason to care about the outcome of games.

100% yes to point 1.
The statistical norm is that your results are all over the place with a heavy distribution around the middle and then some extremes on both ends. I sometimes wonder why this concept seems to unfamiliar to some people.
"No sense in honoring an internet bet. This isn’t the real world get over stop crying like a baby."
"My first name is Hussien. Would you expect Saddam to honor a bet he made with Kuwait or the US?"

Hussein Fatal after losing a bet.
Dennis Reynolds
Lead Assistant
And1: 12,134

Post#47 » by Dennis Reynolds » Wed May 22, 2024 2:55 am

Can't believe people just glossed over this stat and the Celtics whistle in general. Maybe a 20 FTs advantage will open some eyes.
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 37,569

Post#48 » by zimpy27 » Wed May 22, 2024 2:59 am

Wow 20 more FTs today than the Pacers...

This might be a record breaking FT differential.. How are they getting away with this?
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
ScrantonBulls
Senior
And1: 1,057

Post#49 » by ScrantonBulls » Wed May 22, 2024 3:02 am

AussieCeltic wrote:
zimpy27 wrote:
AussieCeltic wrote:
That includes playoffs but just playoffs last season Lakers were +8.06 across a 16 game sample size.

And this year for the Lakers in the playoffs? I assume not as good.

+3 these playoffs

We know damn well that you would be sobbing and whining about the Lakers getting this FT differential that the Celtics are getting. Just lol at you acting like you wouldn't have a fit about it.
D.Brasco
General Manager
And1: 9,500

Post#50 » by D.Brasco » Wed May 22, 2024 3:06 am

CoP
Head Coach
And1: 9,810

Post#51 » by CoP » Wed May 22, 2024 3:06 am

D.Brasco wrote:Image

Awesome!
Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,470

Post#52 » by Papi_swav » Wed May 22, 2024 3:06 am

we all know the nba is rigging it for the celtics it's clear as day but I'm sure Carlisle will make sure he sends the league the footage like he did against the Knicks and the next game the FT gap should be closer but league will still find a way for celtics.
ChipotleWest
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,127

Post#53 » by ChipotleWest » Wed May 22, 2024 3:09 am

ChipotleWest
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,127

Post#54 » by ChipotleWest » Wed May 22, 2024 3:11 am

Papi_swav wrote:we all know the nba is rigging it for the celtics it's clear as day but I'm sure Carlisle will make sure he sends the league the footage like he did against the Knicks and the next game the FT gap should be closer but league will still find a way for celtics.

There's no way the league is clueless about what's going on. Watch the 2nd video.

Read on Twitter

And that was the second round and they put him through to the next round, and that was just one example.
HollowEarth
Starter
And1: 2,094

Post#55 » by HollowEarth » Wed May 22, 2024 3:13 am

levon wrote:
AussieCeltic wrote:
levon wrote:Not the Lakers so the usual suspects don't care

+8.1 over 9 games.

Lakers were +11 for 5 straight months :lol:

That's just the regular season. The kind of advantage Boston is getting in the playoffs is unprecedented across all major sports since Olympia in the 8th century BCE. I've devised a method of comparing across all stats across all sports because I'm a comparative sports genius by profession.

That's **** bull. The ancient Maya used to ball convicted felons to death at Chichen Itza. Did the Celtics get away with crushing anybody's bones using a solid rubber sphere? No? I don't recall hearing about that and I don't see any "DNP-DEAD/SQUISHED".

Disclaimer: I just read the boxscores and watch the show where Steven A Smith gets mad.
CIN-C-STAR
General Manager
And1: 16,599

Post#56 » by CIN-C-STAR » Wed May 22, 2024 3:17 am

zimpy27 wrote:Wow 20 more FTs today than the Pacers...

This might be a record breaking FT differential.. How are they getting away with this?

Celtics coach must have devised an ingenious gameplan involving getting fouled while not fouling the other team.
Mazzula and Darvin Ham are revolutionizing the game right before our eyes!!
:lol:
"I'd rather have Kevin Love spacing out to the three point line than anything (Karl) Malone brings"
:lol: :lol: :lol:
AussieCeltic
RealGM
And1: 22,101

Post#57 » by AussieCeltic » Wed May 22, 2024 3:21 am

You must be forgetting just last season.

Game 1
Lakers 29 free throws
Warriors 6 free throws

Game 3
Lakers 37 free throws
Warriors 17 free throws
eyeatoma wrote:IMO the bigger issue is that Denver and the Jazz are allowed to host games at a high altitute, when they have literally had news exposes saying how it's a clear competetive advantage to play there.
levon
RealGM
And1: 23,504

Post#58 » by levon » Wed May 22, 2024 3:27 am

AussieCeltic wrote:

Game 1
Lakers 29 free throws
Warriors 6 free throws

Game 3
Lakers 37 free throws
Warriors 17 free throws

Oh, the games where the Warriors shot 28 more threes than the Lakers (53) and had the same number of turnovers?

I'm sure that was true for tonight's game. No wait, 10 more 3s for the Celtics. Hm.
NyKnicks1714
RealGM
And1: 25,166

Post#59 » by NyKnicks1714 » Wed May 22, 2024 3:31 am

HollowEarth wrote:That's **** bull. The ancient Maya used to ball convicted felons to death at Chichen Itza. Did the Celtics get away with crushing anybody's bones using a solid rubber sphere? No? I don't recall hearing about that and I don't see any "DNP-DEAD/SQUISHED".

I had been told when I was there and foolishly accepted that the winners were sacrificed and that it was an honor for them. Was about to correct you but did some fact checking and it appears that save a few exceptions, neither the winners nor losers were sacrificed. Lame.
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 37,569

Post#60 » by zimpy27 » Wed May 22, 2024 3:34 am

levon wrote:
AussieCeltic wrote:

Game 1
Lakers 29 free throws
Warriors 6 free throws

Game 3
Lakers 37 free throws
Warriors 17 free throws

Oh, the games where the Warriors shot 28 more threes than the Lakers (53) and had the same number of turnovers?

I'm sure that was true for tonight's game. No wait, 10 more 3s for the Celtics. Hm.

Yeah this isn't adding up at all. Celtics shoot more 3s and get 20 more FTs..
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie

Return to The General Board