Garland to ask out if Mitchell extended

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

mg
General Manager
And1: 4,088

Re: Garland to ask out if Mitchell extended 

Post#41 » by mg » Thu May 16, 2024 3:48 am

jbk1234 wrote:
Doctor MJ wrote:
dockingsched wrote:If Mitchell extends it would be malpractice for the Cavs to even consider keeping Garland, shouldn’t require some trade demand.

Yeah it's weird this is coming out because it seems like all parties would see the sense in the situation.

It's possible that Garland's agent did this cluelessly, but most likely thing seems to be that the Cavs are at least telling Garland that they still think that a Mitchell/Garland back court is going to work, but Garland's alright concluded it isn't.

And I have to say, fit should have always been a major concern when considering acquiring Mitchell to pair with Garland, and it really doesn't seem like it was. Which is kinda bizarre when you remember that Garland didn't break out and earn his max deal until Sexton got injured.

Sexton had already been moved to the bench before he got injured

You won't find a bigger Garland fan than me on this board, but Rich Paul doesn't run the Cavs, and if Altman thinks running it back is the way to go, then that's what he should do. If Altman thinks that extending Mitchell is what he should do, then that's what he should do.

Not that it really matters at this point Sexton was still starting when he got injured in that game against the Knicks.

I don't get Altman's fascination with small guards and non shooting bigs but he's got a big mess on his hands right now. It took less than an hour after being eliminated for the dirty laundry to start airing.
Heat3
RealGM
And1: 14,468

Post#42 » by Heat3 » Thu May 16, 2024 3:49 am

Trade Garland to the Lakers...for Lebron
Pat Riley wrote:There are only two options regarding commitment. You're either IN or you're OUT. There is no such thing as life in-between.

James Johnson wrote:The culture is REAL.

durden_tyler
RealGM
And1: 7,594

Post#43 » by durden_tyler » Thu May 16, 2024 3:50 am

Hopefull true, that small backcourt just won’t work for Cleveland or elsewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If there is no basketball in heaven, i am not going.
Black Jack
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,506

Post#44 » by Black Jack » Thu May 16, 2024 3:51 am

brutalitops wrote:I think it makes sense. Garlands good enough to be the PG of his own team. The defensive fit is a bit clunky and he can't seem to get going or be as dangerous off-ball.

Cleveland in a tough spot. Donovan doesn't have to extend. I would ask him to extend this off-season and if not I would look at moving on because you don't want to risk losing him for nothing and having another year trying Garland at the 2

Yes and this is why I didn't like the Mitchell trade, two small guards never seems to work.
Rest in peace Kobe & Gianna

my response to KD critics: https://tinyurl.com/tlgc6bf
mg
General Manager
And1: 4,088

Post#45 » by mg » Thu May 16, 2024 3:51 am

LofJ wrote:I'm going to laugh when the Cavs end up extending Mitchell and trading Garland to the Lakers for LeBron.

Lebron for Garland+LeVert works financially although I'd probably try to deal Garland to the Spurs or Pels for younger talent. The fact that Klutch is apparently getting so involved at this point has to be a bit of a red flag though.
Rainwater
General Manager
And1: 5,950

Post#46 » by Rainwater » Thu May 16, 2024 3:53 am

doogie_hauser wrote:Klutch Sports and Rich Paul are such a toxic blight on the game. Parasites.

Feel bad for Cavs fans. They are hurting big time right now and have to put up with crap like this ?

Rich Paul makes Don King look like a class act in comparison. Wish there was legal grounds for the NBA to ban him as a player agent. Grub.

lol the whole point of an agent is to do what is in the best interest of the player not the team. I don’t think he cares what Cavs fans think. This is a business at the end of the day.
TravisScott55
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,056

Post#47 » by TravisScott55 » Thu May 16, 2024 3:55 am

doogie_hauser wrote:Klutch Sports and Rich Paul are such a toxic blight on the game. Parasites.

Feel bad for Cavs fans. They are hurting big time right now and have to put up with crap like this ?

Rich Paul makes Don King look like a class act in comparison. Wish there was legal grounds for the NBA to ban him as a player agent. Grub.

Anyone with a brain can see Mitchell stunted Garland's growth. It doesn't matter who his representation is, Garland needs to ask out if Mitchell is there.
Rainwater
General Manager

Post#48 » by Rainwater » Thu May 16, 2024 3:55 am

Chokic wrote:
VicG wrote:LOL it doesn’t take long post-elimination for these stories to come out.

Garland isn’t that good.

Garland is really good hes a better floor general than mitchell but Mitchell is the overall better player. He wont reach his full potential sharing the ball w/ mitchell. This situation is akin to vince and tracy or kidd and nash. I think he would be great fit on the spurs.

Yeah, I think people are looking at this from the perspective of the team rather from the perspective of Garland.
Rainwater
General Manager

Post#49 » by Rainwater » Thu May 16, 2024 3:57 am

TravisScott55 wrote:

Anyone with a brain can see Mitchell stunted Garland's growth. It doesn't matter who his representation is, Garland needs to ask out if Mitchell is there.

Yeah, he is looking out for himself and that is ok. If he doesn’t look out for himself no one will.
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 93,397

Post#50 » by Capn'O » Thu May 16, 2024 3:58 am

eyriq wrote:Garland at 22 and 23 was a top 15 guard in the league. He's had injury issues this season and the fit with Mitchell isn't ideal, but if I'm another team I'm trying to acquire him.

Would you like the fit for the Magic?
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
Rainwater
General Manager

Post#51 » by Rainwater » Thu May 16, 2024 4:00 am

JustBuzzin wrote:
Kurtz wrote:Garland for Ingram seems like a perfect match.

You don't get it.

They are using Garland as the fall guy. The goal is to get DMitch to the Lakers. They know he's not signing in Cleveland long-term. So they used their Klutch client to pressure them in losing both. They are trying to force Cleveland to trade DMitch while also using Garland as a unhappy camper who doesn't want to play with Mitchell.

Garland is already under contract. Why would they choose to trade Garland if Mitchell isn't signing anyway?

Chess not Checkers them Klutch boyz at it again!

This is one hell of a conspiracy theory lol
eyriq
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,610

Post#52 » by eyriq » Thu May 16, 2024 4:02 am

Capn'O wrote:
eyriq wrote:Garland at 22 and 23 was a top 15 guard in the league. He's had injury issues this season and the fit with Mitchell isn't ideal, but if I'm another team I'm trying to acquire him.

I'd give a kidney for Garland
NyKnicks1714
RealGM
And1: 25,159

Post#53 » by NyKnicks1714 » Thu May 16, 2024 4:04 am

KazuoOda wrote:
NyKnicks1714 wrote:Obviously Mitchell isn't extending and he never was. I don't get the point of this.

Lol ok

You think he's extending?
donato
Junior
And1: 624

Post#54 » by donato » Thu May 16, 2024 4:04 am

They're both overrated.
3ddman23
General Manager
And1: 2,696

Post#55 » by 3ddman23 » Thu May 16, 2024 4:06 am

Play that song... Orlando magic ooooooohhh.

He would fit nicely with them. Doesn't have tk do to kuch and play off paolo and franz.
GO MAGIC
SpreeS
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,411

Post#56 » by SpreeS » Thu May 16, 2024 4:07 am

Sometimes you need to do it. The best examples are Brunson/Doncic Monta/Curry Hali/Fox Maxey/Harden Harden/Westbrook
Lalouie
RealGM
And1: 10,293

Post#57 » by Lalouie » Thu May 16, 2024 4:10 am

richie paul is the lebron james of agents, and i don't mean it in a good way
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 93,397

Post#58 » by Capn'O » Thu May 16, 2024 4:15 am

eyriq wrote:
Capn'O wrote:

I'd give a kidney for Garland

:lol: I would figure him a good fit but always good to ask.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
JujitsuFlip
General Manager
And1: 5,453

Post#59 » by JujitsuFlip » Thu May 16, 2024 4:15 am

jbk1234 wrote:
Doctor MJ wrote:
dockingsched wrote:If Mitchell extends it would be malpractice for the Cavs to even consider keeping Garland, shouldn’t require some trade demand.

Yeah it's weird this is coming out because it seems like all parties would see the sense in the situation.

It's possible that Garland's agent did this cluelessly, but most likely thing seems to be that the Cavs are at least telling Garland that they still think that a Mitchell/Garland back court is going to work, but Garland's alright concluded it isn't.

And I have to say, fit should have always been a major concern when considering acquiring Mitchell to pair with Garland, and it really doesn't seem like it was. Which is kinda bizarre when you remember that Garland didn't break out and earn his max deal until Sexton got injured.

Sexton had already been moved to the bench before he got injured

You won't find a bigger Garland fan than me on this board, but Rich Paul doesn't run the Cavs, and if Altman thinks running it back is the way to go, then that's what he should do. If Altman thinks that extending Mitchell is what he should do, then that's what he should do.
Nah, Sexton started all 11 games before getting injured.
JujitsuFlip
General Manager
And1: 5,453

Post#60 » by JujitsuFlip » Thu May 16, 2024 4:16 am

pistonsbball wrote:The King's coming home (again).
Yup! Can't wait, hope he takes a discount but not hopeful.

Return to The General Board