Other teams' broadcasters

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

Griever24
Pro Prospect
And1: 1

Post#41 » by Griever24 » Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:39 am

studcrackers wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

why is it surprising dallas has good announcers? its not like they've built up a reputation of being ultra homers, plus i love our playbyplay guys on tv and the radio (mark followill on tv and chuck cooperstein on radio, if he wasnt so ugly he could be doing national games and have his own sports talk show)

Ok maybe not so surprising ( I thought it would be surprising to some people because a looong time ago before i registered i saw people complaining about Mav announcers but they must have just been haters i actually like them) I Also forgot to add !

Knicks lol Walt has me rolling with the intresting Vocabulary he uses during a game ... Mezmerizing lol
AxnJxn00
Senior
And1: 3

Post#42 » by AxnJxn00 » Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:41 pm

Best-
Kings
Sonics
Magic
Lakers
Knicks
Bulls on WGN

Worst-
Celtics
Nuggets
Cavs
Rockets
Datruth345
Assistant Coach
And1: 441

Post#43 » by Datruth345 » Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:57 pm

whats wrong with homers?

haha

boston broadcast>>>
"...That, Mr. James, is etched in stone.” - Bill Russell
kidd0701
Sixth Man
And1: 0

Post#44 » by kidd0701 » Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:27 pm

I know I am a Nets fan, but I would also be the first to admit when the announcers are bad like I do with baseball for Michael Kaye.

However, I just love this Nets crew. They essentially have the allstar crew
Marv- well everyone knows him, head play by play for tnt
Jackson- Head Color for ABC/ESPN
Ian Eagle- NBA TV, NFL, NCAAB for CBS
Jim Sparnarkel- CBS NCAAB, not the best but decent as a backup

even the radio guys in Carrino and Capstraw are great. Capstraw is better then Sparnarkel IMO.

I like Eagle/Mark the best. IMO the chemistry they have is amazing. I would consider watching a game just for them, even though the current team is unwatchable.

Eagle IMO is the most underated announcer in all of sports. He and Gus Johnson are my favorites.
Datruth345
Assistant Coach
And1: 441

Post#45 » by Datruth345 » Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:36 pm

when Ian Eagle did football on cbs, i thought he was the worst announcer i ever heard in my life
"...That, Mr. James, is etched in stone.” - Bill Russell
PopAGat
Starter
And1: 472

Post#46 » by PopAGat » Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:49 pm

Denver's commentators SUCK. There the biggest homers next to the Raptors, but atleast our commentators have energy.
Credits to TurboZone
Dags
Sixth Man

Post#47 » by Dags » Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:56 pm

I had the misfortune of listening to the Hornets guys the other night. Wow, not only were they homeriffic, but they really didn't know a thing about the opposing players, would contradict themselves within a short space of time, and really didn't seem to know much about basketball.

Kinda reminded me of when Anna Kournikova used to play tennis. You'd get all these dumb guys going just to perve at her and not actually care about the game.
Das ist nümberwang!
Mad Balla 15
RealGM
And1: 1,930

Post#48 » by Mad Balla 15 » Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:57 pm

I listened to Sacramento's commentators last night and I thought they were actually quite good. They weren't too homerish and they knew things about the opposing team.
UGA Hayes
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16,262

Post#49 » by UGA Hayes » Wed Jan 23, 2008 6:03 pm

Another vote for Atlanta. Steve Smith has really improved as the year has gone along and Bob Rathburn is quite good IMO. To me its one of the few crews you really can't tell which team they are employed by, they seem so neutral but enthusiastic (although I think this may be b/c they secretly hate some of the Atlanta players).
pro2020
Rookie

Post#50 » by pro2020 » Wed Jan 23, 2008 6:38 pm

the Clippers play-by-play guy is hilarious, I love watching their coverage.
HootieRules
Veteran
And1: 82

Post#51 » by HootieRules » Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:08 pm

I love Majerle for the Suns, but here's the rest

Best:

Warriors
Clippers
Kings
Bucks (only saw last night's game with those guys, but I really enjoyed their crew)

Biggest homers to the point the mute button is in effect if they are playing your team:

Spurs
Jazz
Rockets
Bulls
Celtics

Sean Elliott is unbearable at times and Drexler, Heinsohn and Red Kerr are just a joke.
a-rod
Assistant Coach
And1: 21

Post#52 » by a-rod » Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:33 pm

Ballings7 wrote:Warriors (Jim Barnett should be on TNT or with ESPN, he's great)

absolutely i agree
pillwenney wrote:
SacKingZZZ wrote:No thanks to Deng. I read a rumor surfing hoopshype awhile back saying Gay for Reke is a possibility.

Must be true, if it's a rumor you read on Hoopshype.
:rofl:
Seattlesun
Head Coach
And1: 359

Post#53 » by Seattlesun » Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:45 pm

richard wrote:clyde frazier always sounds like he's smiling, even when they're down by 30. he's a good listen.

I always wondered if anyone else noticed that, his voice always sounds like he's smiling!!
Optimus_Steel
RealGM
And1: 11,298

Post#54 » by Optimus_Steel » Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:53 pm

I hate the Bulls anouncers. They only have one way to describe a good play and it is this: "woooooooooooo" "whoooaaaaa" "woooow". Then the 3rd guy sounds like someone slaped his mom everytime a call goes against the Bulls.
aka: prorl
Sribb43
Freshman
And1: 20

Post#55 » by Sribb43 » Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:11 pm

HootieRules wrote:I love Majerle for the Suns,

Majerle and Eddie Johnson are up there in the top 3 of biggest homer color guys, not quite on Tommy H. level but getting there. I cant stand Suns broadcasts
Egg Nog
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,373

Post#56 » by Egg Nog » Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:14 pm

I can't believe nobody's mentioned the Sonics yet. Kevin Colabro is hands-down the best announcer in the league, up there with Marv Albert. He's fair, honest, and actually does (great) play-by-play rather than chatting. He's been doing it for well over a decade now too.

As far as colour guys go, you've got to love Bill Walton's thoroughly LSD-influenced comments.
SherronShabazz
Assistant Coach
And1: 127

Post#57 » by SherronShabazz » Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:27 pm

atlanta and new jersey are the best. i like goukas too.

the guy who does the cavs games sounds like a wino

walt frazier is embarrasing

heinsohn is the biggest homer on earth

the play by play guy for miami has such a fake radio voice

sean elliott is a big homer. hes annoying

does clyde drexler do the rockets games? he sounds like hes learning on the job.

i hate scott williams

eddie johnson is doo doo

im a bulls fan but red kerr should have retired 10 years ago. the bulls announcers are homers but ive heard them call bulls players stupid, and give the other team their props too.. either way.. they suck
Dirty Water
Lead Assistant
And1: 9

Post#58 » by Dirty Water » Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:50 pm

To be fair for Boston, just Heinsohn is a homer. Mike Gorman is pretty good. I actually find homers entertaining.
SherronShabazz
Assistant Coach
And1: 127

Post#59 » by SherronShabazz » Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:22 pm

Ghost of the Garden wrote:To be fair for Boston, just Heinsohn is a homer. Mike Gorman is pretty good. I actually find homers entertaining.

the good thing about homers is you know they are fans of the team. i think thats cool. sometimes its over the top though. i know parents who think their kids never do anything wrong. it reminds me of that. admit when your kid is wrong sometimes....
Ballings7
RealGM
And1: 1,502

Post#60 » by Ballings7 » Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:28 pm

HootieRules wrote:Rockets

Oh my god, how could I forget these guys? They are absolutely right there with some other crews as the biggest homers across the league. Even Bullard.

When the other team does something well, it's like it's a chore or a woman just left them. The voice tone and attitude just dramatically changes. It shouldn't be so drastic with some of these guys when the other team makes a nice play or something. Recognize the other team's ability in the right type of way.

I think it's just ridiculous.

It's like "Henry! Go do your homework! "Henry: "Okay mom....*sigh*/Yeah, okay..."

Cleveland, Memphis (didn't think about them enough), Houston, Indiana, and Portland (maybe not as much), Denver, Bulls, and Spurs fit into this catergory. But a different style of homerism compared to the Celtics (Heinsohn). I don't mind the Bulls and Spurs too much because I like the teams :). But that chore-opposing-team announcing is there.

It's hilarious and just strange how they announce games.
The Playoffs don't care about your Analytics

Return to The General Board