Olympiakos>most nba teams

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

Yangsing
Assistant Coach
And1: 0

Re: Olympiakos>most nba teams 

Post#41 » by Yangsing » Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:22 pm

When I think of dominance, Olypiakos comes to mind.
JoshB914
Head Coach
And1: 2

Post#42 » by JoshB914 » Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:29 pm

I think we all know that the the level of basketball in Europe is very high. But it's ridiculous to think that they could beat most NBA teams.

It's funny that Chilldress' comments are used as "proof" that Olympiacos can beat NBA teams. What do you expect him to say?
legacyinthemakin89c
Veteran
And1: 1

Post#43 » by legacyinthemakin89c » Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:36 pm

I will always love how much they talk up guys in Europe when most of them are our cast offs. The best player on that team is Childress, and he wasn't even a starting caliber player over here. Congrats, you can take our mediocre players and make them look like superstars against less talent....
asdfgh
Lead Assistant
And1: 755

Post#44 » by asdfgh » Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:36 pm

BlazertheGreek wrote:
sofoklis wrote:
Youngblood wrote:You may surprise an NBA team in preseason but our teams will beat the s**t out of you in a playoff series. You need a reality check homeboy. By the way, Kobe and LeBron are not coming, wake up and smell the coffee. These guys thrive on NBA, world class competition and they love the US way too much to leave for money. You're gonna have to offer 50 Million per to even get them to think about it.

Well we have Papaloukas(best European playmaker). We have Childress ,Lynn Greer, Vujcic(Europe 3 times best center) Big Sofo(the guy that destoyed Howard and Bosh at 2006) and many other great players.

Olympiakos is better than most nba teams.

Papaloukas??? This is the same guy who TRIED to get into the NBA but didn't make it. (I think he didn't make it with the Rockets and/or Spurs) If he is the best then why are other European players (Rudy Fernandez, Sergio Rodriguez, Pau Gasol, Marc Gasol, Manu Ginobili, Tony Parker, etc etc etc) making it in the NBA and not Papaloukas? Answer me that one oh Greek God of Basketball?

Do you even know who Papaloukas is you ignorant buffoon? If you really were greek you would at least know one of the best players in the history of greek (and european) basketball. Congratulations on winning the award for most ignorant post on the internet in the year 2008.
Rasho Brezec
Knicks Forum Euro Scout
And1: 18,400

Post#45 » by Rasho Brezec » Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:41 pm

legacyinthemakin89c wrote:I will always love how much they talk up guys in Europe when most of them are our cast offs. The best player on that team is Childress, and he wasn't even a starting caliber player over here. Congrats, you can take our mediocre players and make them look like superstars against less talent....

You might want to rephrase yourself... :wavefinger:
markdeez33
RealGM
And1: 2,192

Post#46 » by markdeez33 » Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:45 pm

Sofoklis,

If you REALLY think Olympiakos would stand a chance against The Hawks, you're sorely mistaken.

We're talking about the #8 seed Hawks, the team that took it to the Celtics like nobody else did in the entire playoffs (in my opinion). If they could've found a way to steal a game in Boston, they would've stopped history. And you think Olympiakos could beat them?

The only reason Childress said that is because HE USED TO BE A HAWK. Of course he's going to trash his former team.

How is Lynn Greer, an NBA reject, a former Milwaukee Buck, going to stop MIKE BIBBY???

How is Childress, a former sixth man of the Hawks, going to stop the superstar JOE JOHNSON????

Who is going to lock down Josh Smith?

How are you going to stop Al Horford?

The Hawks will run all over Olympiakos. Their transition game will devastate your boys. I hate to tell you, but yeah, you've got a good team, but they wouldn't stand a chance against the Hawks, much less ANY top 15 team in the NBA.
kdot99
Veteran
And1: 212

Post#47 » by kdot99 » Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:57 pm

Phil_2.0 wrote:who cares about Olympiakos ?
OhMyBosh
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,206

Post#48 » by OhMyBosh » Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:03 pm

I'm sure Olympiakos will do well this season in the Euroleague. Josh Childress will most likely be MVP too. However, this is the same player that was a fringe starter on his team. He's a good player, no doubt. But don't make it seem like he's even remotely close to being an all-star.

Do you honestly think NBA teams care about exhibition games? While the top European teams are playing their best lineup for the majority of the game, an NBA team will play scrubs, rookies, and other young players without a guaranteed contract. Top level players would not risk injury in a pre-season game.
Blackfyre
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,498

Post#49 » by Blackfyre » Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:14 pm

Phil_2.0 wrote:who cares about Olympiakos ?
sofoklis
Sophomore

Post#50 » by sofoklis » Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:57 pm

markdeez33 wrote:Sofoklis,

If you REALLY think Olympiakos would stand a chance against The Hawks, you're sorely mistaken.

We're talking about the #8 seed Hawks, the team that took it to the Celtics like nobody else did in the entire playoffs (in my opinion). If they could've found a way to steal a game in Boston, they would've stopped history. And you think Olympiakos could beat them?

The only reason Childress said that is because HE USED TO BE A HAWK. Of course he's going to trash his former team.

How is Lynn Greer, an NBA reject, a former Milwaukee Buck, going to stop MIKE BIBBY???

How is Childress, a former sixth man of the Hawks, going to stop the superstar JOE JOHNSON????

The Hawks will run all over Olympiakos. Their transition game will devastate your boys. I hate to tell you, but yeah, you've got a good team, but they wouldn't stand a chance against the Hawks, much less ANY top 15 team in the NBA.

It's just my opinion mate. You don't have to accept it

Lynn Greer is a bad defender. Our coach knows that and he will probably not be at starting 5. Our coach will use him to execute with his great shooting.

We will put Josh Childress against Bibby. This is the great thing about Childress. He is not a top scorer ,but he is one of the best defenders. Although he is tall he is ultra fast and explosive.

For Joe Johnson we will put Vasilopoulos(great defender ,but you don't know him. That's why you think Olympiakos suck. All nba fans know only Childress)

Also this year big Sofo will dominate. He is in better condition than 2006 where he destroyed Howard,Bosh,Brand.

I REALLY HOPE TO PLAY FRIENDLY GAMES THIS SUMMER WITH TOP NBA TEAMS. Only then will you understand what i say
5DOM
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,811

Post#51 » by 5DOM » Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:09 pm

markdeez33 wrote:Sofoklis,

well Team USA did lose to a team full of nobodys in 2004.
miamiballer
General Manager
And1: 1,519

Post#52 » by miamiballer » Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:21 pm

olympiacos cheerleaders the best?

try again

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uJ3h8j06Lg
Patterns
Banned User
And1: 18

Post#53 » by Patterns » Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:40 pm

RUDY_ONFIRE wrote:Not only Olympiakos. Last year, Cska, Real Madrid and Barcelona won against Clippers, Raptors and Sixers. Great level now in Europe, but against NBA top teams, Celtics, Lakers, Pistons, Spurs, Hornets, Jazz, Rockets or Suns they have no chances.

They won against the Clips, Raps and Sixers because it was their preseason. No NBA player cares about preseason besides the people vying for playing time or trying to make the team.

There is no strategy, no playing with matchups. It's a glorified pickup game for NBA teams.

On the other hand, the European teams treat these type of games extremely seriously and want to beat the U.S.
sofoklis
Sophomore

Post#54 » by sofoklis » Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:43 pm

miamiballer wrote:olympiacos cheerleaders the best?

try again

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uJ3h8j06Lg

I DID NOT SAY THE HOTTEST. I SAID THE BEST. Show them dancing :D
HarlemHeat37
Banned User
And1: 6

Post#55 » by HarlemHeat37 » Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:16 pm

LOL the OP's purpose of this thread has been successful..he wants everybody to take him seriously, even though he's clearly **** around..come on..
Spicy P
RealGM
And1: 5,881

Post#56 » by Spicy P » Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:17 pm

RUDY_ONFIRE wrote:Not only Olympiakos. Last year, Cska, Real Madrid and Barcelona won against Clippers, Raptors and Sixers. Great level now in Europe, but against NBA top teams, Celtics, Lakers, Pistons, Spurs, Hornets, Jazz, Rockets or Suns they have no chances.

They beat a Raptors team by 1 point who was playing without their best player, Chris Bosh. Not to mention, the Raptors didn't even give a damn about the game considering it was just an exhibition game. What an accomplishment.
Benedict_Boozer
RealGM
And1: 5,726

Post#57 » by Benedict_Boozer » Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:32 pm

Hmm not surprising Sofo didn't bring this up but Orlando SMOKED CSKA Moscow 94-66 a week ago (Didn't CSKA win the title last year?)

http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=281010019

Hmm....you better believe if they had won, Sofo/other Euroleague fan would have created a thread about it. US/NBA fans didn't even notice.
Toxicity
Analyst
And1: 39

Post#58 » by Toxicity » Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:51 pm

Believe me, Ettore Messina's CSKA will likely kick your ass again... i doubt Olympiakos can find the chemistry to win something this year. But they will be funny to watch, that's for sure.
Sedale Threatt
RealGM
And1: 41,359

Post#59 » by Sedale Threatt » Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:54 pm

This thread reminds me of one of those "my-dad-can-beat-up-your-dad" arguments from kindergarten.
RoyceDa59
RealGM
And1: 8,821

Post#60 » by RoyceDa59 » Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:14 am

You lost me at "we".
Go Raps!!

Return to The General Board