Matt Barnes' Taunt - Grounds for NBA Review?

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

Blue_and_Whte
RealGM
And1: 9,263

Re: Matt Barnes' Taunt - Grounds for NBA Review? 

Post#41 » by Blue_and_Whte » Tue Mar 9, 2010 4:59 pm

jmb987 wrote:
Ito wrote:
eatyourchildren wrote:It seems clear to me he's ball faking it into Kobe's face. Look at Barnes' face as he does it, the way he acts as he does the ball fake. It all seems like he was doing it to get a reaction out of Kobe.

If you look at Barnes, then yeah maybe I guess.. but look at the BALL and look at KOBE... Kobe is on the side.. stay looking at it for a while like I did, it's clear kobe was lil bit to the side

And if you listen to what Kobe said after, it's clear he was ball faking it into Kobe's face. I think Kobe had the best angle out of all of us, don't you guys think? :confused:

Who cares ? Barnes should've cracked him the nose, now that would've been thread worthy.
Faith, Family, Basketball
#2A
#Adopt
grimjay
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#42 » by grimjay » Tue Mar 9, 2010 5:12 pm

NickAnderson wrote:From the angle that is being shown everywhere it looks like he pump fakes it right in Kobe's face but I played the game again on my tvo and I saw it at another angle and Barnes faked it to the left of Kobe. Kobe was just mean mugging Barnes and the media only shows that one angle. Also if you watch any replay you would think there would be some kind of a reaction from the immediate crowd.

You can even tell from this .gif if you look again..

Kobe is standing to the right of Barnes at an angle.

Wrong !! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Check 0:23
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0rHRaJk ... re=related
CITYOFANGELSX3
RealGM
And1: 151

Post#43 » by CITYOFANGELSX3 » Tue Mar 9, 2010 5:19 pm

Good find
LLcoleJ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,366

Post#44 » by LLcoleJ » Tue Mar 9, 2010 5:40 pm

Matt Barnes' Taunt - Grounds for NBA Review?

NO
Cheers. :beer: — Mags
el loco
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#45 » by el loco » Tue Mar 9, 2010 5:55 pm

In this case, No a technical is not warranted. If Kobe had fallen for the fake, then Yes a technical would have been warranted.
golfreak
Rookie
And1: 91

Post#46 » by golfreak » Tue Mar 9, 2010 6:23 pm

And why didn't Kobe receive a tech or even foul after Barnes dunked on him and Kobe gave him the elbow as Barnes was landing.
Obie09
Rookie

Post#47 » by Obie09 » Tue Mar 9, 2010 7:36 pm

two elbows lol
LApwnd
Banned User
And1: 1,146

Post#48 » by LApwnd » Tue Mar 9, 2010 7:40 pm

golfreak wrote:And why didn't Kobe receive a tech or even foul after Barnes dunked on him and Kobe gave him the elbow as Barnes was landing.

did you ever see the clip of Lebron dunking on KG and KG elbowed him in the gut? No foul or Tech.
infinite11285
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 25,840

Post#49 » by infinite11285 » Tue Mar 9, 2010 8:02 pm

LApwnd wrote:
golfreak wrote:And why didn't Kobe receive a tech or even foul after Barnes dunked on him and Kobe gave him the elbow as Barnes was landing.

did you ever see the clip of Lebron dunking on KG and KG elbowed him in the gut? No foul or Tech.

That's a weak rebuttal because BOTH KG and Kobe should have been called for a technical, or at least a foul in those situations. You can't use the incompetency of NBA refs to justify your point.
LApwnd
Banned User
And1: 1,146

Post#50 » by LApwnd » Tue Mar 9, 2010 8:08 pm

infinite11285 wrote:
LApwnd wrote:

That's a weak rebuttal because BOTH KG and Kobe should have been called for a technical, or at least a foul in those situations. You can't use the incompetency of NBA refs to justify your point.

wasn't justifying a point, just saying it's been done before without a call, you can look at a different light, as in Kg/kobe didn't want barnes/lebron crotch in their face :lol:
jmb987
Bench Warmer
And1: 109

Post#51 » by jmb987 » Tue Mar 9, 2010 8:15 pm

infinite11285 wrote:
LApwnd wrote:

The correct answer is the refs were afraid to call a 2nd tech on both of them. Even after the double tech was given to Kobe and Barnes, Barnes continued to run his mouth and bump into Kobe. Kobe, also, continued with aggressive shoving/bumping while being guarded by Barnes. If Kobe was going to get a 2nd tech, then Barnes would have been gone as well. Glad they didn't though, it would have ruined a great game.
el loco
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#52 » by el loco » Tue Mar 9, 2010 8:26 pm

^^^ Was this before or after Barnes lowered his shoulder and tried to level Fisher?
jmb987
Bench Warmer
And1: 109

Post#53 » by jmb987 » Tue Mar 9, 2010 8:48 pm

el loco wrote:^^^ Was this before or after Barnes lowered his shoulder and tried to level Fisher?

Way before. Barnes decked Fisher at the end of the game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8E1o5B2fsqk
RapsGM
Assistant Coach
And1: 4

Post#54 » by RapsGM » Tue Mar 9, 2010 9:42 pm

NickAnderson wrote:From the angle that is being shown everywhere it looks like he pump fakes it right in Kobe's face but I played the game again on my tvo and I saw it at another angle and Barnes faked it to the left of Kobe. Kobe was just mean mugging Barnes and the media only shows that one angle. Also if you watch any replay you would think there would be some kind of a reaction from the immediate crowd.

You can even tell from this .gif if you look again..

Kobe is standing to the right of Barnes at an angle.

I think your right. Kobe would have atleast flinched from that. But he didn't even move.
J-Ville Smoke
Head Coach
And1: 296

Post#55 » by J-Ville Smoke » Tue Mar 9, 2010 10:05 pm

Mo Williams threw a ball intentionally at Dwight in the ECF last year and didn't get T'd.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPPaztyf6eA

If that's not a Tech, then a ball fake has no chance of being one.
Волков бояться — в лес не ходить.

Return to The General Board