Wade in Tmac's Orlando situation

Moderators: infinite11285, Domejandro, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77, cupcakesnake

Harry Heinous
Banned User
And1: 1
Location: MIAMI. Home of the champion HEAT * CANES * DOLPHINS * MARLINS

Post#401 » by Harry Heinous » Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:42 pm

Flash3 wrote:^Players like Horry, Cassel, Kerr, Barry, Haslem, and other role players alike, aren't necessarily TOP 5/10 players at their positions, but they don't need to be. They are on their respective teams to FIT ROLES, and that's exactly what they do for their respective teams.

You need players as such to win the title. You can have you 1-2 superstars, but w/o ROLE PLAYERS, you aren't going to win titles.

See: Rockets, Bulls, Lakers, Spurs, Pistons, Heat; I can keep going....

Yup. Great role players are crucial.

The Heat probably wouldn't have won the championship without Haslem's D on Dirk in the 2006 Finals.

Spurs would of probably lost to the Pistons in the 2005 finals, without Robert Horry's game winning 3 in game 5.
CB4MiamiHeat
General Manager
And1: 2

Post#402 » by CB4MiamiHeat » Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:23 pm

Jules Winnfield wrote:Harry Heinous last year: Wade lifts his teammates play. Makes them better and gets the most out of his guys.

Harry Heinous this year: Ain't nothing Wade can do. His teammates are bad. Nothing wade can do about that.

This guy is beyond hilarious. AI3Wade3, KGCeltics and Harry Heinous.

where are the quotes you threatened to put out? lol
Das
Senior
And1: 53

Post#403 » by Das » Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:15 pm

Jules Winnfield is one of those colleagues whos about to get into an altercations and you wanna step in to stop it, but you dont because you want him to keep going.

Go Jules! Fight for what you believe man. Dont let anyone hold you back!
realfung
Assistant Coach
And1: 44

Post#404 » by realfung » Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:37 pm

Wade won a champ two years ago......

this is the difference.
TAI8
Banned User
And1: 4

Post#405 » by TAI8 » Thu Jan 24, 2008 2:09 am

How did this thread reach 35 pages? Anyways, Wade deserves all of the blame for his team's shortcomings. He receives all of the credit for his ring in '06 so it is fair game. If Heat fans acknowledged that his supporting cast and coaching staff were an integral piece of the team's success, then I would give him slack. However, that is not the case in Real GM.
Number34
Analyst

Post#406 » by Number34 » Thu Jan 24, 2008 2:23 am

TAI8 wrote:How did this thread reach 35 pages? Anyways, Wade deserves all of the blame for his team's shortcomings. He receives all of the credit for his ring in '06 so it is fair game. If Heat fans acknowledged that his supporting cast and coaching staff were an integral piece of the team's success, then I would give him slack. However, that is not the case in Real GM.

Which heat fans say that wade was the only reason why they won the chip?

Dude, wade wouldn't have won the chip without his team (any superstar team can say that) but that heat team wouldn't have won without him. Just look at his stats for the finals, he was the MAJOR reason why the heat won.
TAI8
Banned User

Post#407 » by TAI8 » Thu Jan 24, 2008 2:30 am

Number34 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Which heat fans say that wade was the only reason why they won the chip?

Dude, wade wouldn't have won the chip without his team (any superstar team can say that) but that heat team wouldn't have won without him. Just look at his stats for the finals, he was the MAJOR reason why the heat won.

I can pull out quotes but there are too many of them. Basically, any Heat fan who said that "Wade CARRIED his team to a title" is your answer.
travis minor
Veteran

Post#408 » by travis minor » Thu Jan 24, 2008 2:33 am

i didn't read any of this thread

but the title is wrong, and you are dumb
TAI8
Banned User

Post#409 » by TAI8 » Thu Jan 24, 2008 2:40 am

travis minor wrote:i didn't read any of this thread

but the title is wrong, and you are dumb

Who are you talking to, the OP or me?
jzmagik
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#410 » by jzmagik » Thu Jan 24, 2008 3:05 am

TAI8 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I can pull out quotes but there are too many of them. Basically, any Heat fan who said that "Wade CARRIED his team to a title" is your answer.

Exactly, someone can only be worthy of saying they have carried a team to the championship if he is playing without another star beside him with a mediocre at best supporting cast.
Flash3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 403

Post#411 » by Flash3 » Thu Jan 24, 2008 3:08 am

TAI8 wrote:How did this thread reach 35 pages? Anyways, Wade deserves all of the blame for his team's shortcomings. He receives all of the credit for his ring in '06 so it is fair game. If Heat fans acknowledged that his supporting cast and coaching staff were an integral piece of the team's success, then I would give him slack. However, that is not the case in Real GM.
Many have, and it seems you're disregarding those and only looking at those who have chosen to say otherwise....

It's plain and simple. You don't win titles in this league alone, but one player can be the MAIN reason as to why his respective team wins a title, and Wade fits that category.
Mars wrote:You can't stop the asterisk... you can only hope to contain it.
Flash3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#412 » by Flash3 » Thu Jan 24, 2008 3:09 am

jzmagik wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Exactly, someone can only be worthy of saying they have carried a team to the championship if he is playing without another star beside him with a mediocre at best supporting cast.
So......

MJ never carried his teams to any of their 6 titles? -- I wanna hear this...
D-Wade
Banned User

Post#413 » by D-Wade » Thu Jan 24, 2008 3:56 am

Jules Winnfield wrote:Harry Heinous last year: Wade lifts his teammates play. Makes them better and gets the most out of his guys.

Ask K.G. how hard it is to get "more" out of Ricky Davis. :roll:
D-Wade
Banned User

Post#414 » by D-Wade » Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:00 am

That Nicka wrote:OK I have read through most of this thread and I would like to add my 2 cents

Wade/Heat are SIMILAR to the TMAC?Magic in that Wade is putting up great stats on a bad team, but in terms of who has achieved more it is undisputably Dwyane Wade... Wade deserves the most credit for the 06 championship no matter how much of a "presence" Shaq demands on the court... the man averaged 35 and 8

On the other hand I think TMAC gets a lot of unfair criticism as well... His supporting cast simply is not very good, in a stacked West... couple that with the fact that he and Yao have both had various injuries the past couple years and being put against Dallas/Utah in the first round that is pretty tough

As for right now, its not really his fault that he has a god awful roster, its actually also similar to the Lakers in 2005 that were banged up and lost their coach.... Next year Wade will be more ready to carry his team from start to finish and will know what to expect, No one expected Shaq to decline this much this fast and I think Wade thought he was going to have a bit more help.... More blame should fall on Shaq's shoulders than anyone elses... if he could stay on the court then things wouldnt be as bad as they are now

Excellent post.
jzmagik
Banned User

Post#415 » by jzmagik » Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:19 am

Flash3 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

So......

MJ never carried his teams to any of their 6 titles? -- I wanna hear this...

MJ has 2 three-peats under his belt. I think it's safe to say the GOAT carried his championship teams more than Wade has.
Flash3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#416 » by Flash3 » Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:34 am

That still goes AGAINST your post above, MJ or not. He did play with a HOF/Top 50 Player. -- Yes MJ is MJ I understand.

But, whatever!
Number34
Analyst

Post#417 » by Number34 » Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:38 am

jzmagik wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

MJ has 2 three-peats under his belt. I think it's safe to say the GOAT carried his championship teams more than Wade has.

Has wade killed any of your family lately?
jzmagik
Banned User

Post#418 » by jzmagik » Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:39 am

Flash3 wrote:That still goes AGAINST your post above, MJ or not. He did play with a HOF/Top 50 Player. -- Yes MJ is MJ I understand.

But, whatever!

Must we really get into this? There's a reason why hes the GOAT. I would figure he'd be an obvious exception...
BBallFreak
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16,294

Post#419 » by BBallFreak » Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:14 am

jzmagik wrote:Must we really get into this? There's a reason why hes the GOAT. I would figure he'd be an obvious exception...

Not when he had a supporting cast that included guys like Scottie Pippen, Horace Grant, Dennis Rodman, Toni Kukoc, Steve Kerr, John Paxson, BJ Armstrong, Ron Harper, and Bison Dele, to name a few. Of course he had help! He had tons of it! He had the benefit of a great defensive interior, a top 50 player (in his prime), and a bunch of shooters who fit the triangle perfectly, not to mention a phenomenal coach.

Hell, you do realize he never even made it out of the first round until he got Scottie Pippen as a teammate, right?

No player does it alone, yet you're crediting MJ for doing just that, while insisting Wade didn't. Well, I'm calling BS.

I submit to you that MJ had more help than Wade. He had a better supporting cast, and you can't even argue it. It's obvious to everyone.

So, if MJ carried Pippen to 6 titles, why is it that you insist that Wade couldn't carry a broken down Shaq to 1 title?
jzmagik
Banned User

Post#420 » by jzmagik » Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:41 pm

BBallFreak wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Not when he had a supporting cast that included guys like Scottie Pippen, Horace Grant, Dennis Rodman, Toni Kukoc, Steve Kerr, John Paxson, BJ Armstrong, Ron Harper, and Bison Dele, to name a few. Of course he had help! He had tons of it! He had the benefit of a great defensive interior, a top 50 player (in his prime), and a bunch of shooters who fit the triangle perfectly, not to mention a phenomenal coach.

Hell, you do realize he never even made it out of the first round until he got Scottie Pippen as a teammate, right?

No player does it alone, yet you're crediting MJ for doing just that, while insisting Wade didn't. Well, I'm calling BS.

I submit to you that MJ had more help than Wade. He had a better supporting cast, and you can't even argue it. It's obvious to everyone.

So, if MJ carried Pippen to 6 titles, why is it that you insist that Wade couldn't carry a broken down Shaq to 1 title?

Hakeem did it alone. Anyways, sure MJ had a great supporting cast. But MJ delivered 2 three-peats in an era with great players, Stockton, Malone, Ewing, Barkley, Hakeem. He solidified himself as the clutchest player of all time, how many game winners has this guy hit when it mattered the most? When a guy dominates his era the way MJ has, even with a good supporting cast, you can say he has carried his team. Also keep in mind that MJ's bulls were the only team to win without a star bigman... Now you compare that to Wade, who has won one title with Shaq and is on his way to landing a top 3 pick. If Wade had carried a broken down Shaq to the championchip, then can you tell yourself Wade is carrying his team to the lottery?

Return to The General Board