2024 NBA Playoffs: East Semifinals: #2 New York Knicks vs #6 Indiana Pacers (IND WINS 4-3)

Moderators: infinite11285, Domejandro, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77, cupcakesnake

Who wins GAME 7 and goes to the ECFs?

Knicks
33%
Pacers
67%

Total votes: 110

pwayknicks
Head Coach
And1: 716

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs: East Semifinals: #2 New York Knicks vs #6 Indiana Pacers (NYK leads 2-1) 

Post#4001 » by pwayknicks » Sat May 11, 2024 3:27 pm

iLLmatic860 wrote:Sure calls couldve gone our way but we were the road team. That should be expected. Has nothing to do with big or small markets like people been suggesting lol

At the end of the day. We still had oppurtunties to win and didn’t do what we had to do. On to the next

Exactly but everyone will have you believe the Knicks won game 1 because of officials, not because they have a knucklehead of a coach who refuses to play tj McConnell and instead plays nembhard. Could care less he made 1 lucky shot yday id rather see him on the court any day especially in crunch time rather than tj. Or the countless other errors the pacers made in game execution .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Knicks are BACK!!!!

Jlin + Melo + Stat + Chandler....les go!

Trade Landry Fields ASAP!
Wizop
RealGM
And1: 4,196

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs: East Semifinals: #2 New York Knicks vs #6 Indiana Pacers (NYK leads 2-1) 

Post#4002 » by Wizop » Sat May 11, 2024 3:39 pm

iLLmatic860 wrote:Sure calls couldve gone our way but we were the road team. That should be expected. Has nothing to do with big or small markets like people been suggesting lol

You're okay with the officials favoring the home team? Are you also okay with the officials favoring the "stars?" I'm not.
Please edit long quotes to only show what puts your new message into context.
iLLmatic860
General Manager
And1: 15,794

Post#4003 » by iLLmatic860 » Sat May 11, 2024 3:57 pm

Wizop wrote:

You're okay with the officials favoring the home team? Are you also okay with the officials favoring the "stars?" I'm not.

I’m not ok with it but its been going on for years. At this point its like what can you do.
cgf
RealGM
And1: 10,867

Post#4004 » by cgf » Sat May 11, 2024 4:00 pm

Wizop wrote:

Star calls are annoying af, but I don't mind the refs being swayed by the home crowd. I like rewarding the fans for being loud and making the regular season more meaningful as teams scramble for HCA.
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Brunson: So what are you paid to do?
Hart: Run around like an idiot during the game and f*** s*** up!
Im Coming Home
RealGM
And1: 18,105

Post#4005 » by Im Coming Home » Sat May 11, 2024 4:04 pm

eyeatoma wrote:
Im Coming Home wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:
Read on Twitter

I dislike still photos, it's made to look as ridiculous as possible. Brunson was fouled by Nemhard on the floor and then bumped in the back a little bit by Turner as he went up, not saying he didn't attempt to sell the contact, he did, but to act like he was Embiid out there who routinely has no contact and still throws himself in weird directions is just silly cause it's not the same thing.

Every single KNicks fan, on this thread said that he was foul baiting on that play, during the game. Get off your high horse.

I understand that maybe reading comprehension isn't your strong suit but I literally said that in my post..

My point was taking a still shot at the last possible second to make it look as ridiculous as possible to prove your point just completely negate your point and makes you look bad. Brunson did get contact in the back by Turner a little bit and prior to that he was fouled on the floor by Nemhard. But he was trying to sell that contact which is not a good play which I already stated in this game thread that it's not smart to do when you're in an away game with 9 seconds left hoping that the refs make the call.

Either way your goal of trying to act like Bronson is a flopper as bad as Embiid, in order to take heat off of Joel, is never going to happen sorry.

Go enjoy your summer vacation your team is on vacation so maybe you should join them instead of persistently hating on the Knicks because they kicked your team's butt.
RGM Knicks BAF- Houston Rockets

PG: Cunningham | Suggs |
SG: Au Thompson | Rupert |
SF: Griffin | Reddish
PF: Avdija | Prince| Bertans
C: Lively II | Smith
Wizop
RealGM
And1: 4,196

Post#4006 » by Wizop » Sat May 11, 2024 4:13 pm

iLLmatic860 wrote:
Wizop wrote:

I’m not ok with it but its been going on for years. At this point its like what can you do.

I've long wanted the Pacers owners to demand consistent officiating. They can do this in league meetings rather than by public criticism.
Please edit long quotes to only show what puts your new message into context.
___Rand___
RealGM
And1: 10,557

Post#4007 » by ___Rand___ » Sat May 11, 2024 4:17 pm

SweaterBae wrote:
___Rand___ wrote:
Nuntius wrote:
The fact that the Knicks are short-handed is actually mentioned constantly. And it should be mentioned constantly as it affects the series. The same goes for Haliburton's injury.

Mentioning the injuries that each team has isn't an excuse. It's context. Both teams are facing injuries. New York is facing more injuries than Indiana does. Both team's stars are currently limited by injuries. Brunson is outplaying Haliburton.

All of the above is true. None of it is an excuse. You gotta play through it.

It's only an issue when people are deriding Hali's play when he's playing injured. It's very clear to me he isn't the same guy as earlier in the season. Just as game 2 Murray wasn't the same guy who showed up tonight. Some people just do not have the power of observation.

This is fair but he's *playing the game*. Let's drop 2 starters and 2 rotation players from Indy's roster and it's a bloodbath sweep.

Bro that's not even what's up for discussion. The teams as they were coming into the series everyone knew Knicks were gonna win it. Did you even read the issue that's raised - the slender on Hali's play? Sheesh.
___Rand___
RealGM

Post#4008 » by ___Rand___ » Sat May 11, 2024 4:23 pm

eyeatoma wrote:
Read on Twitter

After what we'd seen through these 2 rounds, not just Brunson also DiVincenzo, these Knicks are accomplished floppers. You got an eye for them don't you after watching Biid and Harden. Me from admiring Lowry. :lol:
___Rand___
RealGM

Post#4009 » by ___Rand___ » Sat May 11, 2024 4:26 pm

Bob Ross wrote:Fellow Knick fans, that last Brunson 3 was looking for a foul, not a made shot. He knows it, he might as well have just said it in the post game. He was getting murdered in the last couple mins there, but that shot was an awful decision

He owned up to it post game. That it was a foul-bait, and a bad decision. Now will the Knicks fans outside of you own up to it?

___Rand___
RealGM

Post#4010 » by ___Rand___ » Sat May 11, 2024 4:29 pm

Wizop wrote:
iLLmatic860 wrote:
Wizop wrote:

I've long wanted the Pacers owners to demand consistent officiating. They can do this in league meetings rather than by public criticism.

I'm ok with public criticism. Notice how the league office DIDN'T FINE Carlisle for the critism? This is only the 2nd time this season THAT a fine didn't happen for criticizing officials. The first was Detroit coach Monty Williams criticizing refs not calling a foul on the Knicks' NFL tackling of his player causing him to lose the ball and Knicks winning off that turnover.
cgf
RealGM

Post#4011 » by cgf » Sat May 11, 2024 4:34 pm

___Rand___ wrote:
Bob Ross wrote:Fellow Knick fans, that last Brunson 3 was looking for a foul, not a made shot. He knows it, he might as well have just said it in the post game. He was getting murdered in the last couple mins there, but that shot was an awful decision

He owned up to it post game. That it was a foul-bait, and a bad decision. Now will the Knicks fans outside of you own up to it?

So were any knicks fans actually denying that? :lol:
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

cgf
RealGM

Post#4012 » by cgf » Sat May 11, 2024 4:36 pm

___Rand___ wrote:
Wizop wrote:
iLLmatic860 wrote:I’m not ok with it but its been going on for years. At this point its like what can you do.

I'm ok with public criticism. Notice how the league office DIDN'T FINE Carlisle for the critism? This is only the 2nd time this season THAT a fine didn't happen for criticizing officials. The first was Detroit coach Monty Williams criticizing refs not calling a foul on the Knicks' NFL tackling of his player causing him to lose the ball and Knicks winning off that turnover.

Am I just misunderstanding what you're saying, or is this a bold faced lie?

Read on Twitter

Bob Ross
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,239

Post#4013 » by Bob Ross » Sat May 11, 2024 4:38 pm

cgf wrote:

Oh he definitely threw that up looking for the foul not to make the shot. But Nembhard did hit him on the arm before he threw it up, so it was funny to me that Embiid's cousin was coming for Jalen with a still from after Nembhard pulled away :lol:

Yeah rewatched it a few times. Definitely smacked before the shot, but the whole play was a poor one
cgf
RealGM

Post#4014 » by cgf » Sat May 11, 2024 4:43 pm

Bob Ross wrote:
cgf wrote:

Oh he definitely threw that up looking for the foul not to make the shot. But Nembhard did hit him on the arm before he threw it up, so it was funny to me that Embiid's cousin was coming for Jalen with a still from after Nembhard pulled away :lol:

Yeah rewatched it a few times. Definitely smacked before the shot

Yeah, I'm fine with that not being called...especially since it was before Jalen gathered so we should have only gotten 2FTs even if they had called it, and Jalen was clearly trying to sell that he was already going up for the shot...but it's very funny to me how buddy used a pic from after Nembhard had already pulled back to try to drag Jalen down to Joel's level :lol:

Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 93,275

Post#4015 » by Capn'O » Sat May 11, 2024 5:00 pm

iLLmatic860 wrote:
Wizop wrote:

Also, it's hard to be objective in that sort of environment. Donte sells and the crowd objects loudly to the foul. That creates a more dramatic image of what happened in our favor. Conversely, when the crowd points out the flop in their house that sways things in their favor. Siakam kept iHart in a body lock while Neckbeard (kept an autocorrect) gets gets a layup and the crowd erupts? Maybe it wasn't that bad?

The crowd is the real advantage with human refs and that's why teams USUALLY AND I'M LOOKING AT YOU DOWN IN CANCUN MILWAUKEE fight for seeding.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 93,275

Post#4016 » by Capn'O » Sat May 11, 2024 5:05 pm

Anyway, as I said after the game, we blew the lead this time and couldn't make shots. Pacers made some big shots and went hard after boards. I'm not sure why we kept shooting players out there instead of another rebounder who could check Siakam but that's what we did and the Pacers kept poised and took advantage. Great win for a young team to get.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
Shock Defeat
General Manager
And1: 17,098

Post#4017 » by Shock Defeat » Sat May 11, 2024 5:19 pm

OG injured again. Knicks may win this series but I can see the Pacers stealing this due to injuries.
Rockazoids
Head Coach
And1: 2,022

Post#4018 » by Rockazoids » Sat May 11, 2024 5:56 pm

Wizop wrote:I'm biased though. There were definitely missed calls both ways. I don't think the Knicks got homered though. Frankly, I'm more disappointed by the Pacers poor free throw shooting than by the number of opportunities. Pacers could be winning this series if they'd hit free throws as well as the Knicks have.

I would say Rick Carlisle bought 6 to 8 points with that $35 K, but if the Knicks would had rebounded the ball at the end they would
had won, so the lost is on the Knicks. It was a good game and the Pacers fought for the win. Your coach should take a lesson for
some of the you Pacers fans on this board and stop crying to the NBA about "Small-market teams deserve an equal shot" BS
I'm driving up to the game to boo you boys :) I just hope to make that 2 hr drive back to Cincinnati with a smile on my face.
Good luck.
Follow the science not some internet physician & get your shots.
Kerrsed wrote:Just thinking of this deal makes my ass hurt!

turk3d wrote: you're about to make me go old rem on you

GoNYK1288 wrote:You better clench your butt cheeks because the GB is about to have at you.
Im Coming Home
RealGM
And1: 18,105

Post#4019 » by Im Coming Home » Sat May 11, 2024 6:12 pm

For me the biggest questionable calls were the blocking fouls and/or charging fouls and the 2 times Knicks were held from contesting a layup.

3 went the Pacers way(one that the Knicks had to challenge, Divo And1). The And1 Haliburton got in the 4th where Deuce McBride was clearly set and outside the restricted area, and then the Brunson one where it was closer but I still think he was set and outside the restricted area all went the Pacers way, and 2 of those were late in the 4th and lead to big buckets and FTs/Points for the Pacers.

That and twice a Knicks player was held(the obvious Siakam one on Hartenstein, and another where I believe Divo was knocked over by an elbow/arm of Turner when he was in position to contest a layup) while trying to contest a layup where if they weren't, they could've contested it and caused a miss. All of these were in the 4th quarter and lead to points for Pacers..

Overall I'd say those 8-10 points swung the game ultimately in the Pacers favor and caused the 106-106 tie that wouldn't have been if those were called the right calls..

Obviously props to Nembhard for hitting that big 3 though as well because hey, the game is the game, and in that moment the Knicks knew the score and the situation they were in, and they couldn't secure the rebound after getting 2 misses..

My biggest gripe is that I don't like that complaining about the officiating to the media seems to work, even if its not true. Game 1 was a mess and in the Knicks favor that I can completely concede, but I genuinely felt Game 2 was fairly called and was really surprised from Rick complaining after that game and acting like it was as bad as Game 1 when it really wasn't. Which led to Game 3 having Pacers get these questionable calls go in their favor and ultimately end up deciding them game in my opinion because it was such a close game.
RGM Knicks BAF- Houston Rockets

PG: Cunningham | Suggs |
SG: Au Thompson | Rupert |
SF: Griffin | Reddish
PF: Avdija | Prince| Bertans
C: Lively II | Smith
___Rand___
RealGM

Post#4020 » by ___Rand___ » Sat May 11, 2024 6:40 pm

cgf wrote:
___Rand___ wrote:
Wizop wrote:

Am I just misunderstanding what you're saying, or is this a bold faced lie?

Read on Twitter

Ah I missed that amongst all the more important news of the day yesterday! $35k is a nothing burger compared to the other fines! NBA already said their mea culpa right after the game apologizing after gifting the game to Knicks.

Return to The General Board