2024 NBA Playoffs: East Semifinals: #2 New York Knicks vs #6 Indiana Pacers (IND WINS 4-3)

Moderators: infinite11285, Domejandro, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77, cupcakesnake

Who wins GAME 7 and goes to the ECFs?

Knicks
33%
Pacers
67%

Total votes: 110

donkki
Assistant Coach
And1: 636

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs: East Semifinals: #2 New York Knicks vs #6 Indiana Pacers (NYK leads 2-1) 

Post#4041 » by donkki » Sun May 12, 2024 4:03 am

Capn'O wrote:Anyway, as I said after the game, we blew the lead this time and couldn't make shots. Pacers made some big shots and went hard after boards. I'm not sure why we kept shooting players out there instead of another rebounder who could check Siakam but that's what we did and the Pacers kept poised and took advantage. Great win for a young team to get.

It's quite simple: you cannot allow the Pacers to get second or even third chances to score, because they will. Dominating the boards is key for winning.
basketballwacko2
RealGM
And1: 3,972

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs: East Semifinals: #2 New York Knicks vs #6 Indiana Pacers (NYK leads 2-1) 

Post#4042 » by basketballwacko2 » Sun May 12, 2024 6:29 am

cgf wrote:
Wizop wrote:The Pacers would not have been upset if Brunson had gotten a foul call in the action leading up to that final missed three. Fouling on the floor could've been strategic and perhaps they were actually trying to put him on the line for two free throws in a three point game. However, I didn't see any contact after Brunson gathered himself to shoot.

I'm biased though. There were definitely missed calls both ways. I don't think the Knicks got homered though. Frankly, I'm more disappointed by the Pacers poor free throw shooting than by the number of opportunities. Pacers could be winning this series if they'd hit free throws as well as the Knicks have.

I'll add that if you want me to respond directly to a post of yours, please quote me. With this thread already up to 200 pages, I'm not reading every message. I'm used to the Pacer forum where our series thread is only 4 pages long.

Turner leans on him, but the Nembhard slap on his arm is the only foul-worthy contact IMO. And I dunno if Jalen's already gathering to get his shot up before he can be tactically fouled or if he's just fighting through and then starts going into his shooting motion. Either way we had plenty of chances to make that play meaningless but didn't.

Would be nice if the salty fans of already eliminated teams would stop complaining about the NBA being rigged now, but somehow I doubt they'll suddenly start to remember any of the calls that don't support their narrative :lol:

I go back and forth between rigged and the refs are just terrible!
jkvonny
Head Coach
And1: 5,869

Post#4043 » by jkvonny » Sun May 12, 2024 6:55 am

Wizop wrote:The Pacers would not have been upset if Brunson had gotten a foul call in the action leading up to that final missed three. Fouling on the floor could've been strategic and perhaps they were actually trying to put him on the line for two free throws in a three point game. However, I didn't see any contact after Brunson gathered himself to shoot.

I'm biased though. There were definitely missed calls both ways. I don't think the Knicks got homered though. Frankly, I'm more disappointed by the Pacers poor free throw shooting than by the number of opportunities. Pacers could be winning this series if they'd hit free throws as well as the Knicks have.

I'll add that if you want me to respond directly to a post of yours, please quote me. With this thread already up to 200 pages, I'm not reading every message. I'm used to the Pacer forum where our series thread is only 4 pages long.

Well, all of those big markets/teams on the east coast (NYC, Boston, Philly. Brooklyn, etc) with their millions and millions of fans are in this thread , so good luck with that! :lol:

I think that this thread could go well over 1000 pages long :o
If this goes the whole 7 games.
Los_29
RealGM
And1: 12,000

Post#4044 » by Los_29 » Sun May 12, 2024 7:05 am

Knicks have a ton of tough, rugged players. Some of those players are playing out of their minds and I’m waiting for them to fall back down to earth. If that happens and OG stays out then the Pacers can win this series.
durden_tyler
RealGM
And1: 7,502

Post#4045 » by durden_tyler » Sun May 12, 2024 12:29 pm

Pacers favored by 5.5 pts in Game 4 (they were favored by 6.5 in Game 3). Over/Under at 218.5.

i think this gets ugly fast for New York. At some point, the wheels are going to fall off right? Hopefully no more injuries but this Knicks team is running on fumes already and i think they get the worst game of their postseason in Game 4.

i do feel that the Knicks are still the better team this series and will get that Game 5 win and maybe even close this out Game 6.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If there is no basketball in heaven, i am not going.
Luv those Knicks
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,432

Post#4046 » by Luv those Knicks » Sun May 12, 2024 1:01 pm

Nuntius wrote:
Luv those Knicks wrote:
NiceLikeChrist wrote:
You weren’t winning game. You can believe that as much as you want but Brunson was reasonably healthy that game. You guys weren’t winning a close game in the 4th.

You guys pulled a miracle out of a hat plus ref home cooking just to win this close game in the 4th where we were missing even more players than game 1 and Brunson is playing hobbled.

What are you even talking about? The game was tied with 42 seconds left. Nembhard made a desperation 3 and that gave you the game. A game the refs had given you the advantage in all quarter.

I guess, you could argue, with the refs in your corner, that the game was yours, but tied with 40 seconds left is still anyone's game.

Are you sure you're replying to the poster you wanted to reply to? Because NiceLikeChrist is a Knicks fan and his "you weren't winning game" comment was directed at a Pacers fan.

I misread the post then. I read "you weren't winning the game" as a pacer fan boasting, so . . .

my bad. I read the post wrong. I can see it now from a Knick-fan point of view.
Now it's all about the off-season for my Knicks. (and rooting for Boston to crush Indiana).
Luv those Knicks
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#4047 » by Luv those Knicks » Sun May 12, 2024 1:03 pm

durden_tyler wrote:Pacers favored by 5.5 pts in Game 4 (they were favored by 6.5 in Game 3). Over/Under at 218.5.

i think this gets ugly fast for New York. At some point, the wheels are going to fall off right? Hopefully no more injuries but this Knicks team is running on fumes already and i think they get the worst game of their postseason in Game 4.

i do feel that the Knicks are still the better team this series and will get that Game 5 win and maybe even close this out Game 6.

I think it's crazy that the Knicks are still in it with so many injuries.

If Brunson is healthy and has a good game, I give us a slightly better than 50% chance of winning. I think he's the best player on the court, but NY will have to outplay Indy to win it. (that sounds obvious - the team that outplays should win), but Indy has more depth. The Knicks need to step up to win. I think they have a chance of doing that.
Now it's all about the off-season for my Knicks. (and rooting for Boston to crush Indiana).
durden_tyler
RealGM
And1: 7,502

Post#4048 » by durden_tyler » Sun May 12, 2024 1:21 pm

Luv those Knicks wrote:
durden_tyler wrote:Pacers favored by 5.5 pts in Game 4 (they were favored by 6.5 in Game 3). Over/Under at 218.5.

If Brunson is healthy and has a good game, I give us a slightly better than 50% chance of winning. I think he's the best player on the court, but NY will have to outplay Indy to win it. (that sounds obvious - the team that outplays should win), but Indy has more depth. The Knicks need to step up to win. I think they have a chance of doing that.

Feel like they made a business decision on OG, i think if this was a must-win game (like if the Knicks were down 1-2) he would have played even at less than 100%. The way i see it, they still believe they can make it close (a la Game 3) and steal Game 4 before series shifts back to New York. Worst-case scenario is that they lose G4 tied back to NY, where OG will be healthier and they win that must-win game.
If there is no basketball in heaven, i am not going.
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 93,276

Post#4049 » by Capn'O » Sun May 12, 2024 2:37 pm

The no call on the Brunson shot was fine. The layup where iHart was held was definitely home cookin.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 93,276

Post#4050 » by Capn'O » Sun May 12, 2024 2:38 pm

Hopefully Thibs makes some adjustments today. We've gotta hold the line on the boards.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
Dirk
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 36,947

Post#4051 » by Dirk » Sun May 12, 2024 3:00 pm

Are they really running on fumes? Definitely a chance given they're missing starters, but our default mindset is to think that way given the minutes and some of the hits we see... but time and time again they've been able to sustain their intensity level. G3 felt like it could get out of hand, early deficit, Brunson out... and Knicks came back, had a good lead and probably should have won.

They lost that horrible game to the Sixers, then were up 20 in G6, gave all that up and trailed... and still went on to win. At this point, assuming no further players are lost, I suppose we just have to buy that the Knicks will be able to consistently have the same effort they've had so far.
60/21/10
Dirk
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 36,947

Post#4052 » by Dirk » Sun May 12, 2024 3:10 pm

Capn'O wrote:Hopefully Thibs makes some adjustments today. We've gotta hold the line on the boards.

Thibs has load managed Alec Burcs in order to deploy him in Indiana. That's the adjustment.
60/21/10
donkki
Assistant Coach
And1: 636

Post#4053 » by donkki » Sun May 12, 2024 3:24 pm

So what's latest word on Haliburton's status? If he is out well that would of course level the field dramatically.
Chanel Bomber
RealGM
And1: 37,840

Post#4054 » by Chanel Bomber » Sun May 12, 2024 3:33 pm

Dirk wrote:
Capn'O wrote:Hopefully Thibs makes some adjustments today. We've gotta hold the line on the boards.

Thibs has load managed Alec Burcs in order to deploy him in Indiana. That's the adjustment.

Only the real basketball connaisseurs know.
Luv those Knicks
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#4055 » by Luv those Knicks » Sun May 12, 2024 3:46 pm

durden_tyler wrote:
Luv those Knicks wrote:

Feel like they made a business decision on OG, i think if this was a must-win game (like if the Knicks were down 1-2) he would have played even at less than 100%. The way i see it, they still believe they can make it close (a la Game 3) and steal Game 4 before series shifts back to New York. Worst-case scenario is that they lose G4 tied back to NY, where OG will be healthier and they win that must-win game.

I don't agree, because hamstrings are tricky. A player can play in pain, even with a bad ankle or foot or elbow. Playing with a bad hamstring that could re-tweek itself and reset the injury feels more iffy to me. I think they have to get him healthy and I don't know the timetable there.

I'm open to being wrong about this, but I think this type of injury isn't one that a player plays through.
iggymcfrack
RealGM
And1: 8,144

Post#4056 » by iggymcfrack » Sun May 12, 2024 4:10 pm

Luv those Knicks wrote:
durden_tyler wrote:
Luv those Knicks wrote:

I don't agree, because hamstrings are tricky. A player can play in pain, even with a bad ankle or foot or elbow. Playing with a bad hamstring that could re-tweek itself and reset the injury feels more iffy to me. I think they have to get him healthy and I don't know the timetable there.

I'm open to being wrong about this, but I think this type of injury isn't one that a player plays through.

I got the sense after the injury that he was more likely to kiss a potential Game 7 than to be back by Game 4. It’s a serious injury and Anunoby does not have a history of bouncing back well at all.
cgf
RealGM
And1: 10,867

Post#4057 » by cgf » Sun May 12, 2024 4:52 pm

Chanel Bomber wrote:
Dirk wrote:

Only the real basketball connaisseurs know.

People talking about Ant, but the real MJ just joined the party 8-)
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Brunson: So what are you paid to do?
Hart: Run around like an idiot during the game and f*** s*** up!
cgf
RealGM

Post#4058 » by cgf » Sun May 12, 2024 4:53 pm

iggymcfrack wrote:
Luv those Knicks wrote:
durden_tyler wrote:

I got the sense after the injury that he was more likely to kiss a potential Game 7 than to be back by Game 4. It’s a serious injury and Anunoby does not have a history of bouncing back well at all.

It definitely looked very scary. But that he’s not guaranteed to be out is either pure gamesmanship or a sign that it wasn’t actually as bad as we’re all assuming.
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Hoop Hunter
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,568

Post#4059 » by Hoop Hunter » Sun May 12, 2024 5:16 pm

Luv those Knicks wrote:

Pretty fair assessment. I agree Brunson is the best player on the floor if he's completely healthy. Hali is not that far behind if he's also healthy.

They are very different type players. Hali had rather pass the ball, sometimes he has to be told to shoot more. Brunson is a legit deadly scorer, but also a good passer. Both are legit all-stars.

I don't see the Knicks 3 point shooting to continue to be this hot. I look for the Pacers to shoot much better than game 3 and the bench to play better. I like the Pacers chances in game 4. The Knicks are still rightfully the favorites for the series though.
cgf
RealGM

Post#4060 » by cgf » Sun May 12, 2024 5:25 pm

Hoop Hunter wrote:
Luv those Knicks wrote:

Pretty fair assessment. I agree Brunson is the best player on the floor if he's completely healthy. Hali is not that far behind if he's also healthy.

They are very different type players. Hali had rather pass the ball, sometimes he has to be told to shoot more. Brunson is a legit deadly scorer, but also a good passer. Both are legit all-stars.

I don't see the Knicks 3 point shooting to continue to be this hot. I look for the Pacers to shoot much better than game 3 and the bench to play better. I like the Pacers chances in game 4. The Knicks are still rightfully the favorites for the series though.

This hot is probably fair, but Donte shot over 40% on a s*** ton of threes this season. Deuce has been ridiculous shooting ridiculous percentages on tiny volume. And Brunson’s just a killer.

Hart mentioned on their podcast that he’s started practicing his shooting every day since the regular season ended…Josh is a notoriously lazy player in practice and it is 100% believable that he dididn’t work on his shooting outside of games during the regular season.

Hart is very much from the ‘conserve all of my energy for games’ school of thinking :laugh:

Return to The General Board