2024 NBA Playoffs: West Semifinals: #1 Oklahoma City Thunder vs #5 Dallas Mavericks (DAL WINS 4-2)

Moderators: infinite11285, Domejandro, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77, cupcakesnake

Who wins and goes to the WCFs?

Thunder in 4
4%
Thunder in 5
9%
Thunder in 6
21%
Thunder in 7
12%
Mavericks in 4
1%
Mavericks in 5
4%
Mavericks in 6
39%
Mavericks in 7
10%

Total votes: 326

MoneyTalks41890
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 21,621

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs: West Semifinals: #1 Oklahoma City Thunder vs #5 Dallas Mavericks (Series tied 2-2) 

Post#4101 » by MoneyTalks41890 » Tue May 14, 2024 4:38 am

Tor_Raps wrote:
Sweet Serenity wrote:
vulture wrote:Shai is really that dude. Can’t wait till he comes home later in his prime

Shai’s not wasting his prime in Toronto :lol:

Can u just leave Toronto alone... We've had enough L's lately lol.

Lost our draft pick, Drake, Leafs, Blue Jays.

Well you didn’t lose Drake, but Drake did lose.
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM
And1: 13,053

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs: West Semifinals: #1 Oklahoma City Thunder vs #5 Dallas Mavericks (Series tied 2-2) 

Post#4102 » by Hello Brooklyn » Tue May 14, 2024 4:38 am

GeorgeSears wrote:The chances of Luka getting leaner this offseason are slim to none. He's already committed to playing for Slovenia AGAIN (4th year in a row), meaning very little time for strength and conditioning work and even less for improving his shooting. Expect him to show up like this again next year.

He doesn't even need to do strength and conditioning.

Just improve his diet a bit and he will lose a ton of weight. Think about how many calories he uses.

I can only imagine how bad his diet must be for him to play in the NBA and still gain weight.
ArksNetsSince99
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,432

Post#4103 » by ArksNetsSince99 » Tue May 14, 2024 4:39 am

Hello Brooklyn wrote:Been actively rooting against KD/Kyrie/Harden this whole playoff. 2 more OKC wins and goal achieved. :lol:

I was rooting against KD and Harden - goal achieved

Kyrie , idk i still kind of feel that whole **** was partly Marks/Tsai fault along with Kyrie antics so I don’t root against Kyrie

**** Boston and the Knicks though
KGDirkTD_Fan
Senior
And1: 629

Post#4104 » by KGDirkTD_Fan » Tue May 14, 2024 4:40 am

Hello Brooklyn wrote:
GeorgeSears wrote:The chances of Luka getting leaner this offseason are slim to none. He's already committed to playing for Slovenia AGAIN (4th year in a row), meaning very little time for strength and conditioning work and even less for improving his shooting. Expect him to show up like this again next year.

Just improve his diet a bit and he will lose a ton of weight. Think about how many calories he uses.

I can only imagine how bad his diet must be for him to play in the NBA and still gain weight.

Charles Barkley was eating whole pizzas and couldn't burn the weight off in his early years. Idk what Luka is eating to gain so much weight WHILE playing the highest level of basketball. Someone keep the texas BBQ away from him.
GrandTheftRondo
General Manager
And1: 9,650

Post#4105 » by GrandTheftRondo » Tue May 14, 2024 4:40 am

Mavs aren’t out of it.

I’d say it’s far more likely that either Luka or Kyrie bounce back with a big game over J-Dub.

In fact it’s a bit concerning that OKC almost lost with how badly those two played
dygaction
Head Coach
And1: 4,660

Post#4106 » by dygaction » Tue May 14, 2024 4:40 am

If Doncic continue playing at this level, might just sit and even that means losing this series to avoid prolonged bang up and worsen the injuries.
azcatz11
RealGM
And1: 27,575

Post#4107 » by azcatz11 » Tue May 14, 2024 4:41 am

Hello Brooklyn wrote:

He probably drinks a lot
CobraCommander
RealGM
And1: 14,472

Re: What good is Kyrie if he is not scoring even in 4th quarter? 

Post#4108 » by CobraCommander » Tue May 14, 2024 4:42 am

Damn blame Kyrie threads and Blame Luka threads when the team loses shooting 50% from FT-

This is soooooo weird
GrandTheftRondo
General Manager

Post#4109 » by GrandTheftRondo » Tue May 14, 2024 4:42 am

KGDirkTD_Fan wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:

Charles Barkley was eating whole pizzas and couldn't burn the weight off in his early years. Idk what Luka is eating to gain so much weight WHILE playing the highest level of basketball. Someone keep the texas BBQ away from him.

Think someone said a while ago that NBA players actually don’t do a whole lot of stuff during the season.

Sounds like Luka’s yet to really have that mid 20s moment where he realised for the good of his career and title chances he needs to really dial in during the off season.

To be honest though he does look hurt in this series. I doubt his knee is right.
WentzerWuver
Rookie
And1: 384

Re: What good is Kyrie if he is not scoring even in 4th quarter? 

Post#4110 » by WentzerWuver » Tue May 14, 2024 4:43 am

srhcan wrote:He does not score much in first 3 quarters, but people were giving him a leeway as he was scoring in 4th quarter. Now he is not scoring in 4th quarter as well. So why play him if thats how he gonna roll? Move him to bench if he does not improve and keep letting his team down.
But just about everyone says he is top 75 over Dame Lol
zero rings
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,536

Post#4111 » by zero rings » Tue May 14, 2024 4:43 am

Hello Brooklyn wrote:

I'm pretty sure he lives on brats and IPAs
ArksNetsSince99
Lead Assistant

Post#4112 » by ArksNetsSince99 » Tue May 14, 2024 4:43 am

Hello Brooklyn wrote:

With the calorie loss due to training and games I can easily assume his diet is terrible

And is not like bad food , it’s chips and high sugar Pepsi whole night long kind of diet
Sweet Serenity
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,354

Post#4113 » by Sweet Serenity » Tue May 14, 2024 4:44 am

ArksNetsSince99 wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:Been actively rooting against KD/Kyrie/Harden this whole playoff. 2 more OKC wins and goal achieved. :lol:

Kyrie , idk i still kind of feel that whole **** was partly Marks/Tsai fault along with Kyrie antics so I don’t root against Kyrie

It brings so much joy to me how much rent Boston occupies in that head of yours :lol:
sfernald
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,345

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs: West Semifinals: #1 Oklahoma City Thunder vs #5 Dallas Mavericks (OKC leads 1-0) 

Post#4114 » by sfernald » Tue May 14, 2024 4:46 am

Revived wrote:
Soonercrazy84 wrote:
Revived wrote:Sure it did. But Mavs looked plenty bad in game 1 against the Clippers too down 30 before making a run in garbage time to get it closer.

No need to be defensive, it’s just an opinion.
90 ppg given up this postseason.

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

Yeah against the Pelicans. Since then? Back to back 100 pts given up including Ls.

96 tonight
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks
And1: 11,146

Post#4115 » by Mavrelous » Tue May 14, 2024 4:46 am

GrandTheftRondo wrote:Mavs aren’t out of it.

I’d say it’s far more likely that either Luka or Kyrie bounce back with a big game over J-Dub.

In fact it’s a bit concerning that OKC almost lost with how badly those two played

It's 50/50, but Mavs snatched a defeat from the jaws of vicotry, had a chance to come bqck and choked again, Kidd needs to do a lot of mental work until Wednesday.
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
ArksNetsSince99
Lead Assistant

Post#4116 » by ArksNetsSince99 » Tue May 14, 2024 4:47 am

Sweet Serenity wrote:
ArksNetsSince99 wrote:

It brings so much joy to me how much rent Boston occupies in that head of yours :lol:

Just a fraction compared if hypothetically Boston have Durant or Harden on their squad

It’s not even a hate , I Hate the Knicks , Boston I consider frauds who’s take advantage of very weak Eastern Conference
ChipotleWest
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,124

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs: West Semifinals: #1 Oklahoma City Thunder vs #5 Dallas Mavericks (OKC leads 1-0) 

Post#4117 » by ChipotleWest » Tue May 14, 2024 4:47 am

sfernald wrote:
Revived wrote:
Soonercrazy84 wrote:90 ppg given up this postseason.

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

Yeah against the Pelicans. Since then? Back to back 100 pts given up including Ls.

96 tonight

Mavs missed 11 free throws and looked like an offensive liability so I really don't think that's some flex.
GrandTheftRondo
General Manager

Post#4118 » by GrandTheftRondo » Tue May 14, 2024 4:47 am

ArksNetsSince99 wrote:
Sweet Serenity wrote:
ArksNetsSince99 wrote:

Just a fraction compared if hypothetically Boston have Durant or Harden on their squad

It’s not even a hate , I Hate the Knicks , Boston I consider frauds who’s take advantage of very weak Eastern Conference

Most fraudulent organisation of the last two decades would be the bum ass Nets
Forbes
Analyst
And1: 2,751

Post#4119 » by Forbes » Tue May 14, 2024 4:48 am

dygaction wrote:If Doncic continue playing at this level, might just sit and even that means losing this series to avoid prolonged bang up and worsen the injuries.

Docs told him it can’t get worse.
lol he can’t play any worse either I guess.

To be honest I’d prefer the Mavs hurry up and lose. We aren’t winning anything with sprained knee Luka
ArksNetsSince99
Lead Assistant

Post#4120 » by ArksNetsSince99 » Tue May 14, 2024 4:48 am

azcatz11 wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:

He probably drinks a lot

Like what ?

Return to The General Board