Wade in Tmac's Orlando situation

Moderators: infinite11285, Domejandro, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77, cupcakesnake

TAI8
Banned User
And1: 4

Post#441 » by TAI8 » Sat Jan 26, 2008 3:10 am

travis minor wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

i wouldn't know, didn't read the thread

but i guess yea, you

Thank you for proving me wrong by taking a cheap shot and refuting with an excellent counterargument! Good job buddy! :thumbsup:
BBallFreak
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16,294

Post#442 » by BBallFreak » Sat Jan 26, 2008 4:31 am

TAI8 wrote:Thank you for proving me wrong by taking a cheap shot and refuting with an excellent counterargument! Good job buddy! :thumbsup:

This whole thread is a cheap shot.
travis minor
Veteran
And1: 1

Post#443 » by travis minor » Sat Jan 26, 2008 4:33 am

TAI8 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Thank you for proving me wrong by taking a cheap shot and refuting with an excellent counterargument! Good job buddy! :thumbsup:

i understand sarcasm like wade understands how to LOSE AND NOT CARRY A TEAM BY HIMSELF AMIRITE
5DOM
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,811

Post#444 » by 5DOM » Sat Jan 26, 2008 4:57 am

WadeKnicks2010 wrote:And lets please not judge Wade by ONE injury plagued year.. In the previous 4 seasons, with an ok supporting cast and with relative health, he easily commanded one of the top 4 teams in the east every single season.

shaq is shaq
Cevap
Banned User

Post#445 » by Cevap » Sat Jan 26, 2008 5:14 am

why are heat fans so upset that wade is compared to a younger tmac who was a beast in orlando?
jzmagik
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#447 » by jzmagik » Sat Jan 26, 2008 5:30 am

Cevap wrote:why are heat fans so upset that wade is compared to a younger tmac who was a beast in orlando?

Because Tmac for some reason got ragged on for being unable to carry his dleague team past the first round in Orlando. And hypocrytical fans are saying Wade carried his team to the title yet saying he deserves no blame for their abysmal season.
XcalibuR
Lead Assistant
And1: 79

Post#448 » by XcalibuR » Sat Jan 26, 2008 6:18 am

Its already proven that Wade can't carry a team to the playoffs even in the worst conference in the history of the league when he has crap as his supporting cast, just like Tracy. But Tracy needs to prove that he can win, like Wade, when he has a good supporting cast.
dflash3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 157

Post#449 » by dflash3 » Sat Jan 26, 2008 6:35 am

[quote="
Cevap
Banned User

Post#450 » by Cevap » Sat Jan 26, 2008 6:37 am

dflash3 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

What is your problem this thread should be stickied. If the mods really felt that there was nothing original to add to this thread and that it was just a rehash of the same material over and over again than it would have been locked by now.

And by the way I was right about Blount and you were wrong about him. I told you he was hall of fame material. He scored 23 points against the Spurs who have excellent defense and he would have easily scored 50 points if Wade hadn't been so selfish trying to keep the ball away from Blount. Blount should be made the first option on offense, since he is the player who can carry the Heat. Wade is nothing but a role player.

Cevap wrote:why are heat fans so upset that wade is compared to a younger tmac who was a beast in orlando?

:wizard:
dflash3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 157

Post#452 » by dflash3 » Sat Jan 26, 2008 6:57 am

[quote="
icewill36
Senior
And1: 2

Re: Wade in Tmac's Orlando situation 

Post#453 » by icewill36 » Sat Jan 26, 2008 7:40 am

BBallFreak wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Here's the difference.

1) Wade didn't force his way off of a team because he wanted to be "the man". He co-existed with Odom and then Shaq, while T-Mac left Toronto because he refused to co-exist with Carter.

2) Wade's already accomplished far more than T-Mac, and T-Mac has far more years in this league. T-Mac draws flack not because he missed the playoffs with Orlando, but because he's never been able to get out of the first round.

3) T-Mac's supporting cast is damn good. He's playing with one of the best centers in the league, a great glue guy at small forward, and he still can't get out of the first round. When Wade had a good supporting cast, he's actually done stuff with it, getting to the second round with Brian Grant as his starting center.

4) Wade hasn't actually missed the playoffs yet.

lol @ a supporting cast that features rafer alston and chuck hayes as starters being considered "damn good". that is laughable my friend. you clearly do not understand just how much better the western conference is than the east. and for the record, yao is a great player but he is no shaq or duncan. especially speaking in terms of impact on both ends of the floor. he's nowhere near either of them in that sense. furthermore, you need a stacked team in the west to advance. just check the rockets roster these past years and compare it with that of the top teams and realize they have not had comparable talent outside of yao and mac. the fact that they have even been able to have 50 win seasons is nothing more than a testament to just how good t-mac and yao are to carry a poor supporting cast in the western conference.

no team that starts rafer and chuck hayes is going anywhere, period.
D-Wade
Banned User
And1: 0

Re: Wade in Tmac's Orlando situation 

Post#454 » by D-Wade » Sat Jan 26, 2008 7:42 am

icewill36 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-
and for the record, yao is a great player but he is no shaq or duncan. especially speaking in terms of impact on both ends of the floor. he's nowhere near either of them in that sense.

Have you seen Shaquille O'Neal play a SINGLE GAME in 2007-2008???
lovehoops01
General Manager

Post#455 » by lovehoops01 » Sat Jan 26, 2008 9:10 am

I don't agree that the best player Tracy ever played with was Juwan Howard. I actually believe that Drew Gooden was better than Juwan by the time Juwan got to Orlando. And Mike Miller was a decent running mate for him, but neither were enough to get him out of the first round.

No one should criticize Tracy for what happened when he was in Orlando except for maybe not giving Dwight a chance to see how he played before demanding a trade. Until his last season in Orlando, I thought he did a remarkable job of carrying the Magic. He ran out of gas in that series with the Pistons and didn't get a lot of help to get that one win that he needed to get into the second round. Really, the Magic came just a couple minutes from winning that fourth game of the series in the first year that teams had to win a best-of-7 series in the first round. If it had been a year earlier, the Magic would have had enough wins to take the series. But a couple young players on the roster made a bunch of mistakes in the final 3 minutes or so of the last home game, and that was that. They were facing a team that was reaching its peak.

I am surprised that his Rockets teams haven't done better, but the West is tough. The road was not as difficult for T-Mac in the East.

Most of the time that D.Wade has been in the league, he has had a better team around him than Tracy had when he was in Orlando. But the Heat this season just have a bad roster. It's not a good mix of players, and injuries haven't helped. Plus, I don't think Wade is really healthy yet.
Number34
Analyst

Post#456 » by Number34 » Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:11 am

XcalibuR wrote:Its already proven that Wade can't carry a team to the playoffs even in the worst conference in the history of the league when he has crap as his supporting cast, just like Tracy. But Tracy needs to prove that he can win, like Wade, when he has a good supporting cast.

Dude, this is the first time that he will have missed the playoffs, so that kinda shows that he CAN carry a team. He even did it in his rookie year.....

People overrate shaq so much, i mean blount is out playing him and the're saying but he has shaq....
kbitboc
Pro Prospect
And1: 575

Post#457 » by kbitboc » Sat Jan 26, 2008 11:07 am

5DOM wrote:-= original quote snipped =-
WadeKnicks2010 wrote:And lets please not judge Wade by ONE injury plagued year.. In the previous 4 seasons, with an ok supporting cast and with relative health, he easily commanded one of the top 4 teams in the east every single season.

shaq is shaq

Shaq was the one that led them to a top 4 seed. Even last year, Shaq led them to a 16-7 record without wade while wade was 18-16 without Shaq. In 05-06, wade was under .500 (10-11) in the 21 games without Shaq while Shaq was 4-1 without wade. In 04-05 Shaq was second in MVP.
WadeKnicks2010
Lead Assistant
And1: 2

Post#458 » by WadeKnicks2010 » Sat Jan 26, 2008 3:31 pm

Man, its unbelievable how much slack Shaq gets because of his past accomplishments! Its impossible to argue with these guys who refuse to use facts from reality in the present. Shaq is playing extremely poorly, just watch him play objectively and tell me that he's doing something down low that 15 other big men couldn't do better since after the 06 season.
G-Heel
Head Coach
And1: 365

Post#459 » by G-Heel » Sat Jan 26, 2008 3:54 pm

Wade has been so overrated the past 2 years, nice to see him come back down to earth.

And to people who saying T-Mac want to be "the man" and that's why he forced his way out of Toronto? Are you guys forgetting a certain 2nd person that Orlando signed? G-Hill was better than Vince, and Magic wanted to sign TD too. Not his fault TD backed out and G-Hill is a major F'ed-up-Heel. So wth is this talk about McGrady wanted to be "the man"? It's not like he was playing with Steve Nash and have a chance at the title but leave anyway to be "the man", ala Joe Johnson.
Fire Otis!
G35
RealGM
And1: 7,822

Post#460 » by G35 » Sat Jan 26, 2008 4:08 pm

WadeKnicks2010 wrote:Man, its unbelievable how much slack Shaq gets because of his past accomplishments! Its impossible to argue with these guys who refuse to use facts from reality in the present. Shaq is playing extremely poorly, just watch him play objectively and tell me that he's doing something down low that 15 other big men couldn't do better since after the 06 season.

What have the Heat done since the 06 season?........
I'm so tired of the typical......

Return to The General Board