2024 NBA Playoffs: West Semifinals: #2 Denver Nuggets vs #3 Minnesota Timberwolves (MIN WINS 4-3)

Moderators: infinite11285, Domejandro, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77, cupcakesnake

Who wins GAME 7 and goes to the WCFs?

Nuggets
48%
Wolves
52%

Total votes: 178

nomansland
Head Coach
And1: 4,675

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs: West Semifinals: #2 Denver Nuggets vs #3 Minnesota Timberwolves (MIN leads 2-1) 

Post#4921 » by nomansland » Sun May 12, 2024 8:18 am

shrink wrote:
nomansland wrote:
shrink wrote:I don’t think that’s right at all. I’m a Wolves fan, and I was happy to see MIN’s tough road to a championship, through PHX, DEN, and potentially OKC and BOS. Those could be epic games, and if MIN wants to be the best, they have to prove it and beat the best, not have an artificial title through weakened teams

Like true NBA fans, regardless of who wins, I want to see competitive NBA games, where no one is injured, the reffing is fair to both teams, and games are determined by the players. But that includes everything the player does. Nobody forced Murray to make the money sign, then throw the towel at the ref, then throw the heat pack on the floor, then refuse to be interviewed after the game. In a fair world, that would mean all the players should be allowed to do that too, and that is not going to create basketball games anyone wants to see in the future. That’s a much bigger deal than who wins a single playoff game.

Fair perspective. All of that stuff in bold warrants an ejection and fines, but not a suspension. People crying about suspensions just look like whiny losers seeking an easier path in the playoffs.

Patrick Beverley just got a FOUR game suspension for throwing a ball in the stands twice, and refusing to be interviewed after the game by ONE reporter. But you don’t think, even as a Nuggets fan, that Murray’s actions warrant even one game?

Expect a lot more of similar behavior from other stars then, and even more arguing if the NBA and its refereeing are fair. And apparently, more people calling others “whiny.” But this isn’t just a Murray problem - it’s an NBA problem, with unequal consequences for different players.

In a perfect world, Murray doesn’t choose to do any of his behavior. There was absolutely no need for him to act this way. But once he made those choices, then he should have been suspended for one game.

Murray was wrong, no doubt. Not excusing his behavior. But Beverly threw a ball at a FAN, twice, not playfully but aggressively. You can't do that, and it's a huge difference between what Murray did. When Jason Kidd threw a drink on the court to get an extra timeout, he got a $50k fine.
pontius
Pro Prospect
And1: 2,141

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs: West Semifinals: #2 Denver Nuggets vs #3 Minnesota Timberwolves (MIN leads 2-1) 

Post#4922 » by pontius » Sun May 12, 2024 10:27 am

shrink wrote:Patrick Beverley just got a FOUR game suspension for throwing a ball in the stands twice

He didn't throw it in the stands, though.

Read on Twitter
jc23
RealGM
And1: 10,991

Post#4923 » by jc23 » Sun May 12, 2024 12:02 pm

If Murray remains healthy i feel the winner of this game wins the series. Sounds like he had some issues late in game 3 so we shall see.
Be curious, Not judgmental
durden_tyler
RealGM
And1: 7,504

Post#4924 » by durden_tyler » Sun May 12, 2024 12:36 pm

Game 4 should be for the series. A loss would really shake Minny’s confidence and at the same time, will give the defending champs the ammo to believe they are back at this.

Wolves must-win game, they still have very young pieces in the roster and i don’t think they react postively after losing back to back home games.

Taking Wolves -3 too because it’s a scary line and we all want excitement. LOL
If there is no basketball in heaven, i am not going.
Handlez
Junior
And1: 650

Post#4925 » by Handlez » Sun May 12, 2024 12:41 pm

Has a team ever won a series after losing the first two at home?
Mr. Perfect
Analyst
And1: 1,331

Post#4926 » by Mr. Perfect » Sun May 12, 2024 1:21 pm

Handlez wrote:Has a team ever won a series after losing the first two at home?

I've seen it at least a few times. Clippers beat Mavs a few years ago after losing first 2 at home. Mavs also beat Rockets back in 2005 after losing first 2 at home. Both series went 7 games.
Jaqua92
RealGM
And1: 7,661

Post#4927 » by Jaqua92 » Sun May 12, 2024 1:37 pm

So did Murray get hurt again?
Exp0sed
Head Coach
And1: 6,126

Post#4928 » by Exp0sed » Sun May 12, 2024 1:55 pm

shrink wrote:
nomansland wrote:
shrink wrote:

Fair perspective. All of that stuff in bold warrants an ejection and fines, but not a suspension. People crying about suspensions just look like whiny losers seeking an easier path in the playoffs.

Patrick Beverley just got a FOUR game suspension for throwing a ball in the stands twice, and refusing to be interviewed after the game by ONE reporter. But you don’t think, even as a Nuggets fan, that Murray’s actions warrant even one game?

Expect a lot more of similar behavior from other stars then, and even more arguing if the NBA and its refereeing are fair. And apparently, more people calling others “whiny.” But this isn’t just a Murray problem - it’s an NBA problem, with unequal consequences for different players.

In a perfect world, Murray doesn’t choose to do any of his behavior. There was absolutely no need for him to act this way. But once he made those choices, then he should have been suspended for one game.

ever since the malice at the Palace the biggest taboo in the league are violent interactions with fans in the stands, that's an entire differently category than what Murray did, apples and orange. moreover, Bev had malicius intent he was throwing the ball AT a specific fan, that is - he aimed and attempted to hit a certain fan. Murray just tossed it randomly.
lastly, the Bucks were already eliminated and Bev is a scrub to begin with and has ample history of doing shady stuff, Murray's case is very different

refusing to being interviewd is between the league and the team\player and there are set penalties for this type of action, u can't get suspended for not talking to the press..
stoo
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,234

Post#4929 » by stoo » Sun May 12, 2024 2:03 pm

so funny seeing all the people crying for murray not being suspended. get out and take that L with you
NotSinceWilt
GeorgeSears
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,700

Post#4930 » by GeorgeSears » Sun May 12, 2024 2:28 pm

durden_tyler wrote:Game 4 should be for the series. A loss would really shake Minny’s confidence and at the same time, will give the defending champs the ammo to believe they are back at this.

It's a must-win game for the Nuggets. Not so much for the TWolves.

TWolves are good enough too steal one back at Denver in game 5 at 2-2. The Nuggets can't afford to go down 3-1.
GeorgeSears
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,700

Post#4931 » by GeorgeSears » Sun May 12, 2024 2:29 pm

Handlez wrote:Has a team ever won a series after losing the first two at home?

Mavs lost in 7 in 2021 and went 0-3 at home. They weren't anywhere near as good as these two teams.
durden_tyler
RealGM
And1: 7,504

Post#4932 » by durden_tyler » Sun May 12, 2024 2:47 pm

GeorgeSears wrote:
durden_tyler wrote:Game 4 should be for the series. A loss would really shake Minny’s confidence and at the same time, will give the defending champs the ammo to believe they are back at this.

TWolves are good enough too steal one back at Denver in game 5 at 2-2. The Nuggets can't afford to go down 3-1.

Of course it’s a must-win for the Nuggets but it feels like the same for the Wolves. No way they are winning in Game 5 in Denver off back to back losses and at this point, Nuggets would have learned already not to lose HC advantage again like they did in the first two games.

Pressure is on Minnesota for G4. But i think they respond well tonight unlike in G3 when they got frustrated early and let the game get away from them.
If there is no basketball in heaven, i am not going.
stoo
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,234

Post#4933 » by stoo » Sun May 12, 2024 3:05 pm

GeorgeSears wrote:

i wouldn't be so sure denver can't afford to be down 3-1
NotSinceWilt
Jaqua92
RealGM
And1: 7,661

Post#4934 » by Jaqua92 » Sun May 12, 2024 3:44 pm

Denver has come back down 3-1 before.

Depends on if Murray is healthy. If the game is called anything like game 1 or 3, Denver has a shot

But I'll say this. If Denver pulls this out tonight, Minnesota won't win another game this series
shrink
RealGM
And1: 15,316

Post#4935 » by shrink » Sun May 12, 2024 4:35 pm

nomansland wrote:Murray was wrong, no doubt. Not excusing his behavior. But Beverly threw a ball at a FAN, twice, not playfully but aggressively. You can't do that, and it's a huge difference between what Murray did.

Apparently you and the NBA believe you CAN do what Murray playfully did? Good to know - I suppose we can see all childish NBA players do that in future games, without any suspensions to stop them.

stoo wrote:so funny seeing all the people crying for murray not being suspended. get out and take that L with you

Murray’s behavior is a great representative of the Denver Nuggets and the NBA! And I can see, several Nuggets fans as well.

Any true NBA fan should have wanted suspensions for Beverley, Embiid and Murray. It should go beyond your fanbase. Shameful. And for the record, I supported suspending all three, before the results of the next game, and I would support suspensions any Wolves player that acted like that as well.

After Game One, I posted here about the maturity that DEN posters showed on these boards, and it should be something other fanbases should see and try to emulate. I rescind that compliment.
AleksandarN
Head Coach
And1: 9,018

Post#4936 » by AleksandarN » Sun May 12, 2024 4:39 pm

shrink wrote:
famicommander wrote:
Statlanta wrote:Posting this showing it is not just sore posters wanting Murray suspending.

Read on Twitter

There's no way they could justify suspending Murray after letting Embiid's 1st round antics slide. Murray's behavior was sad and embarrassing but Embiid, a repeat offender, went out there to intentionally hurt people and didn't get punished for it. By comparison Murray's little temper tantrum was nothing.

Using Embiid as your measure of sportsmanship is pretty weak. Both should have gotten suspensions.

Gobert was fined $100,000 for flashing the money sign at refs a few weeks earlier. Stiff, but fair. In Game 2, Murray flashed the money sign, and threw a towel at a ref and threw a heat pad on the court during live action. Still $100,000?

And some DEN fans want to argue that not doing bad things before should let you act like an ass a few times before you are responsible for your behavior? How many things are okay to throw on the floor before it’s dangerous or childish? Are you really arguing the first two thrown things are for free?

The league’s decision is what it is. Unequal punishments and refereeing are already casting doubt on the integrity of the game, and we question the fairness of every game’s results more and more. In addition, allowing players to go unpunished for very public temper tantrums can’t be good for the NBA either. But here on these board, these weak poster defenses (“but he never threw things on the floor before” and “another guy (Embiid) did bad things too”) show a lack of responsibility and makes you look bad as well. If you are truly an honest fan of the NBA, you should disagree with the league’s response to both Embiid and Murray’s actions, because when the NBA lets players get away with this type of behavior, it make the game we love worse.

Even Finch said they wasn’t a suspension in the playoffs. That there wasn’t a precedent for a suspension in the playoffs. That’s from the coach himself. So I don’t know what you are still talking about it
shrink
RealGM

Post#4937 » by shrink » Sun May 12, 2024 4:40 pm

AleksandarN wrote:Even Finch said they wasn’t a suspension in the playoffs. That there wasn’t a precedent for a suspension in the playoffs. That’s from the coach himself. So I don’t know what you are still talking about it

Never heard of Draymond Green, huh?

And as I said before, before this series started, I wanted Murray in every game, and 100% healthy, and let both teams go at it full strength, to determine who’s best. That’s what NBA fans want to see. Let the players decide it, not the refs and not the league office. Giving Murray a pass for MURRAY’s behavior, just like Embiid’s, doesn’t make the game better.
AleksandarN
Head Coach

Post#4938 » by AleksandarN » Sun May 12, 2024 4:43 pm

shrink wrote:
AleksandarN wrote:Even Finch said they wasn’t a suspension in the playoffs. That there wasn’t a precedent for a suspension in the playoffs. That’s from the coach himself. So I don’t know what you are still talking about it

Take that up with coach Finch. He said it not me. Also Draymon nutmeg someone didn’t he. If that is the case then the wolves player from game 2 should have been suspended two for what they did to Murray
shrink
RealGM

Post#4939 » by shrink » Sun May 12, 2024 4:44 pm

AleksandarN wrote:
shrink wrote:

Take that up with coach Finch. He said it not me. Also Draymon nutmeg someone didn’t he. If that is the case then the wolves player from game 2 should have been suspended two for what they did to Murray

What did they do? Make him cry? Did the Wolves force him to throw a tantrum like an angry 4 year old?

“It’s never Karen’s fault! It’s always somebody else that forced her to behave like that!”

Did you see Ant act like this after a Game 3 loss? Were MIN players throwing stuff on the floor, and dodging CBA-requires interviews?

Ladies and gentlemen, your Denver Nuggets!
AleksandarN
Head Coach

Post#4940 » by AleksandarN » Sun May 12, 2024 4:52 pm

shrink wrote:
AleksandarN wrote:
shrink wrote:Never heard of Draymond Green, huh?

What did they do? Make him cry? Did the Wolves force him to throw a tantrum like an angry 4 year old?

“It’s never Karen’s fault! It’s always somebody else that forced her to behave like that!”

Did you see Ant act like this after a Game 3 loss?

Ladies and gentlemen, your Denver Nuggets!

Oh I don’t know maybe grabbing Murray’s junk. So going by what you are saying shouldn’t Daniels be suspended then like Draymon did? You are the one crying about players not getting suspended. Who’s the Karen?

Read on Twitter

Return to The General Board