2nd Round: LA Lakers vs. Utah - Series LAL leads (2-1)

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

Which duo will perform better in game 3?

Kobe Bryant/Pau Gasol
45%
Deron Williams/Carlos Boozer
55%

Total votes: 51

LLcoleJ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,366

Post#521 » by LLcoleJ » Sat May 10, 2008 4:10 am

TradeMachine wrote:Classic performance by Kome tonight. When the going gets tough, chuck. The passing thing is just a facade. He was toying with the MVP voters.
that post makes no sense.
Cheers. :beer: — Mags
Ballings7
RealGM
And1: 1,502

Post#522 » by Ballings7 » Sat May 10, 2008 4:10 am

Tremendous win by the Jazz

Boozer was excellent! What a game by him.

Never quite got that feeling the Lakers would come back to the lead...

Odom and Gasol? Contained. Gasol especially.

Deron and Okur also really played well, some king-sized plays by both of those guys

I think the Jazz will get Game 4

Ballings7 wrote:Jazz will get refreshed and more energized at home, and win by 5-6 pts...

Boozer gets 20 and 10 or more...

Damn I'm good
The Playoffs don't care about your Analytics
hoops4life
General Manager
And1: 31

Post#523 » by hoops4life » Sat May 10, 2008 4:10 am

I really don't care for Hubie Brown.
TradeMachine
Banned User
And1: 3

Post#524 » by TradeMachine » Sat May 10, 2008 4:10 am

He was 3-7 in the fourth, didn't even look to pass after Boozer went on his own run (except for the one assist to Walton), then alienated his teammate (Walton) after the unforced turnover by screaming at him.

MVP! MVP!
JDawg
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#525 » by JDawg » Sat May 10, 2008 4:12 am

HarlemHeat37 wrote:I've been saying this about the Lakers for a minute now..

the Lakers are the best in the West right now, but they have weaknesses, just like every other team..they are soft on the defensive side and on the boards..Pau Gasol is one of the softest players in the NBA..you have to punch them in the mouth..Boozer did that tonight, he played a tough game on the boards and got some nice points inside..

when it comes to Kobe, there's nothing you can do..just force him to take contested jumpers(easier said than done) and hope for the best..I thought the Jazz did a good job rotating on the rest of the Lakers when Kobe drove in..of course there were a few defensive lapses(like the one where 3 Jazz players went at him and Turiaf(?) had an easy one under the net)..I didn't see any Kobe to Gasol passes for easy layups like I've seen in many other Laker games, especially the Nuggets series..

I like playing Kobe 1 on 1 though..force him to score 50..of course he can, but it takes his teammates out of the game..and some of them don't come out to play defense when they aren't involved in the offense..

Thats why I like this guy.

He's a hater, but he knows his hoops.

THATS EXACTLY what this team is all about. Offense. Offense. Offense.

They dont play D if they dont score.

YOu take NOH for example. Tyson Chandler and West? They defend and board now matter HOW bad they play or how often they shoot.

Same with Mo Pete, Bonzi, and the rest.

Its called sacrifice to win. Farmar, Walton, Gasol even. They are Already admitted to playing HARDER on D when they get to score or are shooting well.

Same as with Shaq.

Man OH Man, id give my LEFT and RIGHT NUT to see Kobe get a chance to play on a team that would Defend like their family's life depended on it.
Storm Surge
General Manager
And1: 16

Post#526 » by Storm Surge » Sat May 10, 2008 4:13 am

Kobe made a ton of mistakes in the final minutes. T-Mac was just as good as Kobe this year in the Playoffs, Kobe just has more help(from his team and the refs) and played Denver.
HammerDunk
Lead Assistant

Post#527 » by HammerDunk » Sat May 10, 2008 4:13 am

I'm not kidding or trying to start stuff when I say this, but IMO Kobe is a cool hear and a lot of maturity away from being the GOAT. He is that good, but his own personal flaws hurt his game sometimes.
Word is, South Beach is ecstatic that they
won't be seeing Millsaps talents again this season...
JDawg
Banned User

Post#528 » by JDawg » Sat May 10, 2008 4:14 am

TradeMachine wrote:He was 3-7 in the fourth, didn't even look to pass after Boozer went on his own run (except for the one assist to Walton), then alienated his teammate (Walton) after the unforced turnover by screaming at him.

MVP! MVP!

Kinda like MJ, but Much much tamer you mean....yeah, figured so.

LOL....what a hater man.

I'll just ignore you from now on until you bury yourself.

Take care.
DEEP3CL
RealGM
And1: 3,207

Post#529 » by DEEP3CL » Sat May 10, 2008 4:15 am

This is for Ballings7.............................I predict CP3 will go for some where in the 20's in points and 15 and 4 steals in a Hornets win.

Book it...................cause Deep3 said so.
VETERAN LAKERS FAN

SmartWentCrazy wrote:It's extremely unlikely that they end up in the top 3.They're probably better off trying to win and giving Philly the 8th pick than tanking and giving them the 4th.
Lake Dynasty
Senior
And1: 1

Post#530 » by Lake Dynasty » Sat May 10, 2008 4:15 am

TradeMachine wrote:He was 3-7 in the fourth, didn't even look to pass after Boozer went on his own run (except for the one assist to Walton), then alienated his teammate (Walton) after the unforced turnover by screaming at him.

MVP! MVP!

so 3-7 FGA and an ast is chucking?

Please STFU
Kobay
General Manager
And1: 5

Post#531 » by Kobay » Sat May 10, 2008 4:16 am

WHy you blaming kobe? Kobe makes the hardest shots. Team can't defend for shi*. Teamates choke it away in opp.. Im sure he was taking only 6 shots until second half to ball hog.

And Tmac was total choke job. Good thing his teamate can play defense. Only if Tmac was as good as kobe on offense they could have won.
Sedale Threatt
RealGM
And1: 41,359

Post#532 » by Sedale Threatt » Sat May 10, 2008 4:17 am

MVP! MVP!

Get bent. Kobe was the only reason we had an opportunity to win.

Otherwise...

Kinda strange how every game in the series has turned out the same way -- road team cripples itself with one bad quarter, plays marginally for the most part yet still has an opportunity to win. Unusual.

Boozer played like a complete man tonight, and Utah was clearly the better team. Not going to get worried just yet, though. Props to them, but all the Jazz did was take a must-win game at home. I like our chances on Sunday.
JDawg
Banned User

Post#533 » by JDawg » Sat May 10, 2008 4:18 am

WOW....are these haters for real tonight OR WHAT.

This guy had maybe two bad plays ALL NIGHT and guys are calling him out. LOL.

If thats not a joke, I dont know what is. I can show you tools about 10 MJ Performances where MJ was shut down and didnt come through in the clutch.

98 game 1 against the Jazz is one example if you want to find it.

93 finals game 6 is another. Couldnt hit JACK down the stretch and got lucky that KJ was missing so many open shots.

But, of course you guys dont know anything about ball....cause you jsut started watching OTHERWISE, you'd know these things without someone telling them to you.
HarlemHeat37
Banned User
And1: 6

Post#534 » by HarlemHeat37 » Sat May 10, 2008 4:18 am

I'm gonna have to change my vote for best player in the NBA to Kobe Bryant though..there's nothing negative I can really say about him anymore..my main knock on him has been his poor leadership(IMO) and inability to realize when it's time to pass/shoot..he's been playing flawless in the playoffs and it looks like he finally gets it..I don't buy the "Kobe has good teammates now, so he trusts them" argument..from what I've seen all year, his game has changed..he didn't have Gasol all year, and the Lakers were successful even before the month that Bynum was dominating..of course his teammates are better..I just think the losing has made him realize what he needed to do to adjust his game to give his teammates more confidence in themselves and in the team game..it's obviously easier for a role player to play better knowing he's gonna get a shot and have a legit contribution offensively..and obviously it helps when Kwame Brown and Parker aren't on the team anymore..

Gasol is so overrated..Odom has been great as a #3, but Gasol is incredibly overrated..I've been saying it since the Lakers acquired him and everybody on RealGM was tossing his salad..it's funny that I hear so much about Paul making West so much better, but I think Kobe easily does the same for Gasol..
JDawg
Banned User

Post#535 » by JDawg » Sat May 10, 2008 4:19 am

If Kobe had TMac's Defensive team, the Jazz would be sitting at home rihgt now and the lakers would be down 3-0 to the Rockets.

Yeah...that's how good the Rockets D is.
Buckeye-NBAFan
General Manager
And1: 4,574

Post#536 » by Buckeye-NBAFan » Sat May 10, 2008 4:20 am

JDawg wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Im certainly no mod....but if I was one, I'd ban you as quick as sin.

For basically trying to troll and create controversy.

If Kobe was Kome. Then LBJ has been the biggest chucker the league has EVER seen in the first two games.

Lol, the poster didn't even mention LeBron. Do you call for bans when people say LeBronze? Very defensive about an obvious joke.
raphleek
Rookie

Post#537 » by raphleek » Sat May 10, 2008 4:21 am

Storm Surge wrote:Kobe made a ton of mistakes in the final minutes. T-Mac was just as good as Kobe this year in the Playoffs, Kobe just has more help(from his team and the refs) and played Denver.

Not even close, Kobe is on another level.
T-Mac needs another "almost superstar" on his team. Kobe doesn't.
TradeMachine
Banned User
And1: 3

Post#538 » by TradeMachine » Sat May 10, 2008 4:23 am

Insults removed.
JDawg
Banned User

Post#539 » by JDawg » Sat May 10, 2008 4:23 am

Bro,

HarlemHeat, you know this better than anyone and will attest to it with Fervor.

David West as a single individual player irrespective of who is ON the team is a bETTER Player than Pau GAsol.

You can give it to him and he can create his own shot.
His midrange is basically THE best in the game for a big man.
He defends well
He's tough
And HE BOARDS.

If DAvid West played Center tonight for LA, he'd have done WAY better than 12 and 6 with 5 turnovers.....

NOT to mention that NO ONE on the Jazz could defend him.

HELL, no on on San Antonio can defend him either and Duncan, Thomas and Oberto make Boozer, Milsap and Okur look like CRAP on defense.

The fact is I'd rather have West than GAsol and its not just offense. Its D and rebounding also!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Original Baller
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#540 » by Original Baller » Sat May 10, 2008 4:24 am

I can't believe people still talking about T-Mac as if he's seeing Kobe.

They ain't in the same league folks.

Only stans and haters are that stupid.

Return to The General Board