2024 NBA Playoffs - East 1st Round: #2 New York Knicks vs. #7 Philadelphia 76ers (NYK WINS 4-2)

Moderators: infinite11285, Domejandro, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77, cupcakesnake

Who wins?

Knicks in 4
6%
Knicks in 5
21%
Knicks in 6
29%
Knicks in 7
11%
Sixers in 4
2%
Sixers in 5
3%
Sixers in 6
18%
Sixers in 7
11%

Total votes: 345

AbeVigodaLive
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,554

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs - East 1st Round: #2 New York Knicks vs. #7 Philadelphia 76ers (NYK leads 2-1) 

Post#5401 » by AbeVigodaLive » Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:29 pm

Luv those Knicks wrote:
Demagoog wrote:
Funcrusher wrote:Embiid really wont stop until the entire Knicks starting 5 is fouled out or helped out of the arena on crutches :nonono:

This man has the entire basketball world rooting for the Knicks. I repeat, the Knicks. Do you know how insane that is?

Many people here might not remember. It was a couple years before the "Miracle on Ice" when team USA had that win over Russia in the Olympics in 1980. Before that, Russia (Northern Europe in general) were the kings of hockey. Maybe Canada too. But Russia was #1.

In the national interest of good sportsmanship, the Russian national team came to the US for some pre-season hockey and they were kicking everyone's butt, including the Montreal Canadians who were the best team in the NHL. I think the Canadians tied them once, lost the other game.

When they played the flyers, the flyers didn't play the puck, they played the players, and that's how they won. When a flyers player injured a Russian player, the Russians left the ice and wouldn't finish the game. I was a kid and I watched that game, and you couldn't watch that game without rooting for the Russians.

Russia was the bad guy. That's the world I was raised in, and there I was, rooting for the Russians against the Flyers because I hated the Flyers style of play. I didn't come in rooting for the Russians, but 10 or 15 minutes into the game, they were the obvious team to root for.

I'm sure, if WW3 had happened, Russia would have sent an extra bomb to Philadelphia in retaliation for the flyers. And, I love Philly. I've been there several times. Fun city to walk around in. Good bars, good stores, but . . . I have no love for any of their sports teams.

Your post made me think of that moment from my childhood.

I saw something similar just a few years later. I think it was 1985.

There was an exhibition boxing match between a former US champion and this towering, menacing spiky-haired dude from the Soviet Union. The fight took place in the Soviet Union. It was a huge spectacle, with a huge military presence at the fight. Heck, even members of the Politburo were in attendance.

Nobody thought the undersized US boxer would win. Nobody in the arena wanted him to win. But sure enough, after a few rounds, the plucky American started to change opinions. Meanwhile, the towering CCCP boxer grew more and more surly, even yelling at the fans originally there to cheer him.

By the end of the 15th round, the crowd had swung all the way to the American. It was crazy, they arrived hating America and everything that country stood for!

During that fight, I saw a lot of changing, in the way they feel about that US boxer, and in the way he felt about them. In the ring, there were two guys killing each other, but I guess that's better than twenty million. I guess what I'm trying to say, is that if those people can change, and you can change, everybody can change!
cgf
RealGM
And1: 10,870

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs - East 1st Round: #2 New York Knicks vs. #7 Philadelphia 76ers (NYK leads 3-1) 

Post#5402 » by cgf » Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:30 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:this some sore loser schit

Series is 2-2, we good.

don't go out like this. you're better than this

Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Brunson: So what are you paid to do?
Hart: Run around like an idiot during the game and f*** s*** up!
Zenzibar
General Manager
And1: 8,557

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs - East 1st Round: #2 New York Knicks vs. #7 Philadelphia 76ers (NYK leads 3-1) 

Post#5403 » by Zenzibar » Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:32 pm

KnixtapeH20 wrote:
Read on Twitter

But you already know that Adam Silver was carefully watching the officiating crew and Embiid.

As far as an NBA darling, those days just went out the window after his antics in game 3.
Stop All Genocides
Im Coming Home
RealGM
And1: 18,105

Post#5404 » by Im Coming Home » Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:32 pm

eyeatoma wrote:
Luv those Knicks wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:don't go out like this. you're better than this

I don't think he is.

But, I'll say this. This is a much closer series than 3-1 suggests. That happens sometimes. A series can be closer than the Wins and Losses. The Mets/Royals world series was like that. Royals won 4-1 but if you look at the games, it was a closer world series than 4-1 implies.

Works both ways. You expect me to be decent, when you guys were on your high horse after the debacle of game 2. I get as a fan you're happy you came out of that unscathed. People excusing that ****, is just as bad as excusing Embiid pulling down Robinson. Keep that same energy.

Its not nearly the same thing. And you literally did excuse it, you believed his lie that he was trying to protect himself, so theres that too.

Game 2, despite 1 or 2 missed calls at the end, the Knicks still had to come up big and get the offensive board, make the shot, play defense, block Maxey, etc. Plus no one brings up in the 2MR that Joel fouled Divo and that would've brought him to the line with 37.5 left or whatever too, there was a lot of variables at that end of the game, a lot of missed calls, and like Thibs said he's "worried about the 46 minute report' because guess what, missed calls regardless of when, effect the game too.
RGM Knicks BAF- Houston Rockets

PG: Cunningham | Suggs |
SG: Au Thompson | Rupert |
SF: Griffin | Reddish
PF: Avdija | Prince| Bertans
C: Lively II | Smith
Context
RealGM
And1: 14,608

Post#5405 » by Context » Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:33 pm

eyeatoma wrote:
bronxknicksfan1 wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:

Series is 2-2, we good.

Should really be 4-0. But the refs had to gift you a game :lol:

You mean the refs gifted you guys a game. I know that **** hurts your soul. Deep down you it's 2-2.

all of this talking and you didn't notice the difference in Embiids play today? He was on his best behavior expect for one play where he put his elbow and arm on Brunson's face. Outside of that...he was asking Knick players if they were ok,etc...he was very caring today...

You know why? Adam Silver was present and why do you think he was present? I'll tell you...He was present because he couldnt suspend the MVP for his bush league behavior...

All season long the Knicks play from behind and win. Nothing new- Dirtbiid go his calls but got outshined by Big body Brunson.
End of story.
LaMelo/J-Green
S.Barnes/JMAC
Herbert-J/Kyle
JarenJjr/Portis
B.Lopez/Duren
Context
RealGM
And1: 14,608

Post#5406 » by Context » Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:35 pm

Zenzibar wrote:
KnixtapeH20 wrote:
Read on Twitter

But you already know that Adam Silver was carefully watching the officiating crew and Embiid.

As far as an NBA darling, those days just went out the window after his antics in game 3.

This is why I was desperately trying to confirm that Adam was really there today :lol: Embiid was a good little quiet boy
with the exception of sneaking in the elbow to Brunson...
LaMelo/J-Green
S.Barnes/JMAC
Herbert-J/Kyle
JarenJjr/Portis
B.Lopez/Duren
lobosloboslobos
RealGM
And1: 17,909

Post#5407 » by lobosloboslobos » Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:37 pm

DLTGWH wrote:Where are the Maxey> Brunson people?

Brunson is terrific but honestly so is Maxey.
Zenzibar
General Manager

Post#5408 » by Zenzibar » Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:40 pm

eyeatoma wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:Knicks fans taking over the Sixers arena like that in the playoffs is insane.

I thought Philly had great fans who had pride in their team.

They're a jaded bunch. I think a lot of it comes from the constant failures of the team, a hobbled superstar, and poor team building and throwing away assets/losing trades constantly. Either way, it's not right, but I'm sure they'll have some explanation. I'm not from Philly so I can't really give all the insight there.

It's a national NY fan thing. We've witness lots of new NY fans in every arena this year. Not for NY per se, but for their demeanor.

Jalen Brunson reminds me of Derek Jeter in his approach to the game. Lot's of respect to the refs, the opponents, and tremendous sportsmamship conduct.

This Brunson leadership is refreshing to us Knicks fans and I'm sure many basketball purist can appreciate it too.
Stop All Genocides
iLLmatic860
General Manager
And1: 15,806

Post#5409 » by iLLmatic860 » Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:41 pm

lobosloboslobos wrote:

I agree but theirs levels to this. Sixer fans were saying that Maxey is as good as Brunson when Brunson had 2 bad games
bronxknicksfan1
Veteran
And1: 1,561

Post#5410 » by bronxknicksfan1 » Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:42 pm

lobosloboslobos wrote:

We were told Maxey was closer to Brunson than Brunson was to Embiid.
AussieCeltic
RealGM
And1: 22,010

Post#5411 » by AussieCeltic » Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:43 pm

To me, it’s so funny that fans of certain players have certain characteristics of the player they stan for.

Like Embiid fans with their soft mentality and an excuse for each loss. It’s always someone else’s fault.
eyeatoma wrote:IMO the bigger issue is that Denver and the Jazz are allowed to host games at a high altitute, when they have literally had news exposes saying how it's a clear competetive advantage to play there.
Zenzibar
General Manager

Post#5412 » by Zenzibar » Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:44 pm

lobosloboslobos wrote:

I love Maxey, a talent and an excellent person to build the team around.
But the FO may have to move Embiid.

I still feel that the Knicks future is brighter.
Stop All Genocides
drekwins
Head Coach
And1: 4,597

Post#5413 » by drekwins » Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:49 pm

Zenzibar wrote:
KnixtapeH20 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Him stepping right on Hart after 4 mini steps should also be scrutinized.. as well as the check on Brunson. If nothing else, the Philly squad should lose all credibility going forward. Between Nurses "I didnt see it", to Embiid's antics, Lowry having the basketball go off his head and immediately point the other way... Philly complaints should mean nothing.
Joerezz7
Sixth Man
And1: 1,521

Post#5414 » by Joerezz7 » Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:50 pm

One of my friends called me at halftime and guaranteed the Sixers would win this game and series. Now that the game is over he won’t even answer his phone or texts lol
GeorgeMarcus wrote:
GeorgeMarcus wrote:

There is nothing inherently different about winning in the Finals compared to winning other playoff seriess,
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 93,321

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs - East 1st Round: #2 New York Knicks vs. #7 Philadelphia 76ers (NYK leads 2-1) 

Post#5416 » by Capn'O » Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:52 pm

AbeVigodaLive wrote:
Luv those Knicks wrote:
Demagoog wrote:This man has the entire basketball world rooting for the Knicks. I repeat, the Knicks. Do you know how insane that is?

Many people here might not remember. It was a couple years before the "Miracle on Ice" when team USA had that win over Russia in the Olympics in 1980. Before that, Russia (Northern Europe in general) were the kings of hockey. Maybe Canada too. But Russia was #1.

In the national interest of good sportsmanship, the Russian national team came to the US for some pre-season hockey and they were kicking everyone's butt, including the Montreal Canadians who were the best team in the NHL. I think the Canadians tied them once, lost the other game.

When they played the flyers, the flyers didn't play the puck, they played the players, and that's how they won. When a flyers player injured a Russian player, the Russians left the ice and wouldn't finish the game. I was a kid and I watched that game, and you couldn't watch that game without rooting for the Russians.

Russia was the bad guy. That's the world I was raised in, and there I was, rooting for the Russians against the Flyers because I hated the Flyers style of play. I didn't come in rooting for the Russians, but 10 or 15 minutes into the game, they were the obvious team to root for.

I'm sure, if WW3 had happened, Russia would have sent an extra bomb to Philadelphia in retaliation for the flyers. And, I love Philly. I've been there several times. Fun city to walk around in. Good bars, good stores, but . . . I have no love for any of their sports teams.

Your post made me think of that moment from my childhood.

I saw something similar just a few years later. I think it was 1985.

There was an exhibition boxing match between a former US champion and this towering, menacing spiky-haired dude from the Soviet Union. The fight took place in the Soviet Union. It was a huge spectacle, with a huge military presence at the fight. Heck, even members of the Politburo were in attendance.

Nobody thought the undersized US boxer would win. Nobody in the arena wanted him to win. But sure enough, after a few rounds, the plucky American started to change opinions. Meanwhile, the towering CCCP boxer grew more and more surly, even yelling at the fans originally there to cheer him.

By the end of the 15th round, the crowd had swung all the way to the American. It was crazy, they arrived hating America and everything that country stood for!

During that fight, I saw a lot of changing, in the way they feel about that US boxer, and in the way he felt about them. In the ring, there were two guys killing each other, but I guess that's better than twenty million. I guess what I'm trying to say, is that if those people can change, and you can change, everybody can change!

Didn't the Soviet boxer kill a guy?
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
Im Coming Home
RealGM
And1: 18,105

Post#5417 » by Im Coming Home » Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:54 pm

Apparently Knicks fans put a Knicks jersey on the Wilt statue :lol:
RGM Knicks BAF- Houston Rockets

PG: Cunningham | Suggs |
SG: Au Thompson | Rupert |
SF: Griffin | Reddish
PF: Avdija | Prince| Bertans
C: Lively II | Smith
KnixtapeH20
RealGM
And1: 16,497

Post#5418 » by KnixtapeH20 » Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:55 pm

iLLmatic860 wrote:
lobosloboslobos wrote:

I agree but theirs levels to this. Sixer fans were saying that Maxey is as good as Brunson when Brunson had 2 bad games

Teams also don't game plan around maxey where as Brunson is the #1 guy hands down
Zenzibar
General Manager

Post#5419 » by Zenzibar » Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:57 pm

Context wrote:
Zenzibar wrote:
KnixtapeH20 wrote:
Read on Twitter

This is why I was desperately trying to confirm that Adam was really there today :lol: Embiid was a good little quiet boy
with the exception of sneaking in the elbow to Brunson...

The good behavior is like when your Dad/Mom is sitting in class. Believe me when I tell you that Embiid, his agent and the Sixers' FO, was warned by Silver.
Embiid tries to blatantly tries to injure or causes an injury and he's out

Even then this Knucklehead prima-dona, stepped on JHarts ankle and bowed Jalen.

But the dummy doesn't realize that this Nova-Knicks team is tough as fk.
At the same time this team plays the right way. Great viewing for all ages.
Stop All Genocides
Spree2Houston
Head Coach
And1: 7,245

Post#5420 » by Spree2Houston » Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:58 pm

Read on Twitter

Return to The General Board