2024 NBA Playoffs: East Semifinals: #2 New York Knicks vs #6 Indiana Pacers (IND WINS 4-3)

Moderators: infinite11285, Domejandro, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77, cupcakesnake

Who wins GAME 7 and goes to the ECFs?

Knicks
33%
Pacers
67%

Total votes: 110

NYKnickerbocker
RealGM
And1: 13,617

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs: East Semifinals: #2 New York Knicks vs #6 Indiana Pacers (NYK leads 3-2) 

Post#5521 » by NYKnickerbocker » Wed May 15, 2024 2:51 am

Haliburton is to passive when things aren’t going well for his team. I know he’s a natural playmaker, but when your the #1 guy for your team, you gotta be more aggressive than he’s been especially when things aren’t going good for your squad
knicksNOTslick
RealGM
And1: 4,703

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs: East Semifinals: #2 New York Knicks vs #6 Indiana Pacers (NYK leads 3-2) 

Post#5522 » by knicksNOTslick » Wed May 15, 2024 2:52 am

thelead wrote:
ITGM wrote:Image

Playoffs Burks is definitely a thing!

knicks fans were HATING on this dude when the games didn't matter nearly as much a few weeks ago :lol:

You act like that was the first time Knicks fans had the Burks experience. He was Thibs starting PG for a portion of the season a few years back. We know what we have with Burks.
JXL
General Manager
And1: 8,526

Post#5523 » by JXL » Wed May 15, 2024 2:52 am

I'll say this: Having 2 days off between games this week is in NY's favor. Adjustments will be made for the Pacers, but make no mistake; Brunson is going to close it out in Indiana.
BIRD UP!
#OGKENOBI

Follow me on X: @sirJXL
KnixtapeH20
RealGM
And1: 16,497

Post#5524 » by KnixtapeH20 » Wed May 15, 2024 2:52 am

Hello Brooklyn wrote:I think the Pacers have basically no shot at winning a Game 7 in MSG. They don't have it in them after this performance.

:o :o :o :o :o :o

:jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop:
Chuck Everett
RealGM
And1: 13,743

Post#5525 » by Chuck Everett » Wed May 15, 2024 2:53 am

I said Pacers in six, but I am not sure they can win in MSG. If there is a Game 7, it will be a madhouse. They would have to play out of their minds.
"Kill 'em with Grindness."
Spree2Houston
Head Coach
And1: 7,247

Post#5526 » by Spree2Houston » Wed May 15, 2024 2:53 am

Read on Twitter
Nuntius
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,445

Post#5527 » by Nuntius » Wed May 15, 2024 2:53 am

Hello Brooklyn wrote:I think the Pacers have basically no shot at winning a Game 7 in MSG. They don't have it in them after this performance.

People were quick to say that the Knicks were done after game 4. They were also quick to say that Denver was done after the first two games.

Would the Knicks be the favorites in a potential game 7 in MSG? Yes, absolutely. They were the higher seed, they have the best player in the series, they have a kick-ass crowd and they are the more experienced team by far. We would definitely be a huge underdog if we managed to push it to 7.

That said, I do think that it is a bit too hasty to say that this Pacers team doesn't "have it in them". The fact is that this Pacers team hasn't been in such a situation before. The majority of this young group hasn't been so deep in the playoffs before. They haven't faced elimination before. They haven't had the chance to show whether they have it in them or not.

We're not talking about a team with a track record of folding in big games here. We're talking about a team who simply hasn't played in enough big games yet. A team who is just now taking a taste of what the post-season is about.
"No wolf shall keep his secrets, no bird shall dance the skyline
And I am left with nothing but an oath that gleams like a sword
To bathe in the blood of man
Mankind..."

She Painted Fire Across the Skyline, Part 3
- Agalloch
Fat
RealGM
And1: 24,020

Post#5528 » by Fat » Wed May 15, 2024 2:54 am

No OG
No Randle
No Bogdanovic
No Robinson
JXL
General Manager
And1: 8,526

Post#5529 » by JXL » Wed May 15, 2024 2:56 am

Fat wrote:No OG
No Randle
No Bogdanovic
No Robinson

And they're 1 win from getting the Eastern Conference Finals since 2000.
BIRD UP!
#OGKENOBI

Follow me on X: @sirJXL
thelead
RealGM
And1: 25,980

Post#5530 » by thelead » Wed May 15, 2024 2:56 am

knicksNOTslick wrote:
thelead wrote:
ITGM wrote:Image

Playoffs Burks is definitely a thing!

knicks fans were HATING on this dude when the games didn't matter nearly as much a few weeks ago :lol:

You act like that was the first time Knicks fans had the Burks experience. He was Thibs starting PG for a portion of the season a few years back. We know what we have with Burks.

No, I get it. It's the same when I blast the magic for playing Fultz but he has a great game every once in a while. I was just poking fun because some of y'all can be dramatic from game to game. No disrespect, it makes it more fun that way :D
knicksNOTslick
RealGM
And1: 4,703

Post#5531 » by knicksNOTslick » Wed May 15, 2024 2:57 am

Exp0sed wrote:
knicksNOTslick wrote:
Exp0sed wrote:
not many players avg this many FGA and a usage rate this high..I mean, Brunson's been great but that needs to be said

I'm sure Brunson would rather have a fully healthy team with Randle and OG out there on offense. The opposing teams have been throwing double teams and their best defenders picking him up at half court, focusing on stopping him. That also needs to be said.

idk about Randle, he hasn't exactly been an offensive factor in past playoffs but other than that ur right :)

not saying he should shoot less in the current circumstences, just saying the X number of 40 or whatever games is less impressive when u account for efficiency and volume

That is when Randle is doing too much and tries to be the first option. He took a step back this season and deferred to Brunson. It's a short sample size but the Knicks winning streak in January before Randle's season ending injury and the team traded for OG Anunoby, that was probably the best we've seen of Randle. He was more of a playmaker and allowed Brunson to spot up for shots on occasion. It's hard to double Brunson when you have to worry about Randle and shooters.
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM
And1: 13,051

Post#5532 » by Hello Brooklyn » Wed May 15, 2024 3:00 am

Nuntius wrote:

People were quick to say that the Knicks were done after game 4. They were also quick to say that Denver was done after the first two games.

Would the Knicks be the favorites in a potential game 7 in MSG? Yes, absolutely. They were the higher seed, they have the best player in the series, they have a kick-ass crowd and they are the more experienced team by far. We would definitely be a huge underdog if we managed to push it to 7.

That said, I do think that it is a bit too hasty to say that this Pacers team doesn't "have it in them". The fact is that this Pacers team hasn't been in such a situation before. The majority of this young group hasn't been so deep in the playoffs before. They haven't faced elimination before. They haven't had the chance to show whether they have it in them or not.

We're not talking about a team with a track record of folding in big games here. We're talking about a team who simply hasn't played in enough big games yet. A team who is just now taking a taste of what the post-season is about.

Just my opinion based on what I have seen so far in this series.

I hope I'm wrong.
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 93,321

Post#5533 » by Capn'O » Wed May 15, 2024 3:02 am

Nuntius wrote:

I just didn't know how Brunson would be. With him back at top speed, everything else fell into place.

Good luck. Should have a barnburner or two to finish it off.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
Nuntius
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#5534 » by Nuntius » Wed May 15, 2024 3:03 am

Hello Brooklyn wrote:
Nuntius wrote:

Just my opinion based on what I have seen so far in this series.

I hope I'm wrong.

You are free to your opinion, of course. I just wanted to express those things and your opinion gave me the opportunity to do so :lol:
Mankind..."

- Agalloch
doogie_hauser
Rookie
And1: 1,597

Post#5535 » by doogie_hauser » Wed May 15, 2024 3:08 am

zeebneeb wrote:If the Knicks indeed close this series out, it'll be interesting to see the Knicks heart, hustle, and hard damn play VS the lazy, pokey, disinterested Celtics.

This from a Pistons fan lol

What do you want? For us to win every playoff game by 30 plus ?

Yes the Celtics are coasting, but by the same token we don't want to show our hand or go hammer and tong at this stage. We are toying with our prey and I can live with that.
Nuntius
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#5536 » by Nuntius » Wed May 15, 2024 3:10 am

Capn'O wrote:
Nuntius wrote:

I just didn't know how Brunson would be. With him back at top speed, everything else fell into place.

Good luck. Should have a barnburner or two to finish it off.

I get it but I expected Brunson to be alright. It is obvious to me that his main issue is fatigue and wear and tear. He, and the rest of the Knicks, were absolutely gassed in game 4. Everything was short and they just couldn't physically give 120% like they usually do. But the fact that it was a blowout allowed them to rest a bit more and they definitely, definitely did not appreciate losing with that kind of margin. So, yeah, coming out gangbusters in game 5 wasn't surprising.

Of course, everything I said above is another byproduct of fandom. As a fan, you always prepare for the worst. You always expect your opponents to be alright and you're always worried that your players aren't going to be okay. It's the nature of fandom.
Mankind..."

- Agalloch
Nuntius
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#5537 » by Nuntius » Wed May 15, 2024 3:18 am

NYKnickerbocker wrote:Haliburton is to passive when things aren’t going well for his team. I know he’s a natural playmaker, but when your the #1 guy for your team, you gotta be more aggressive than he’s been especially when things aren’t going good for your squad

As you said, Haliburton is a natural playmaker. And as a natural playmaker, when he sees that his teammates are struggling his tendency is to try to get his teammates out of that funk. It's only when he sees that his teammates are clicking that he really feels comfortable to call his own number.

I do agree with you about Haliburting needing to be more aggressive, though.
Mankind..."

- Agalloch
xBulletproof
Analyst
And1: 4,593

Post#5538 » by xBulletproof » Wed May 15, 2024 3:21 am

Nuntius wrote:
NYKnickerbocker wrote:Haliburton is to passive when things aren’t going well for his team. I know he’s a natural playmaker, but when your the #1 guy for your team, you gotta be more aggressive than he’s been especially when things aren’t going good for your squad

As you said, Haliburton is a natural playmaker. And as a natural playmaker, when he sees that his teammates are struggling his tendency is to try to get his teammates out of that funk. It's only when he sees that his teammates are clicking that he really feels comfortable to call his own number.

Difference to me is in game 1 I saw several shots he could have taken, there were a lot of creases in the defense he didn't take advantage of. Today there was 1 or 2. Anything more would have been forcing shots, which he just doesn't do. It's either there or it isn't for him, and he tries to make the right play.

Outside of game 1 he's taken most of the shots he's had available without forcing it. I get people saying he isn't aggressive enough, but people lose me when they say he is playing horribly or terrible. The last part just isn't true.
DaGawd
RealGM
And1: 45,388

Post#5539 » by DaGawd » Wed May 15, 2024 3:29 am

JXL wrote:
Fat wrote:No OG
No Randle
No Bogdanovic
No Robinson

And they're 1 win from getting the Eastern Conference Finals since 2000.

gotta love it
BaF
Washington Wizards
Nuntius
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#5540 » by Nuntius » Wed May 15, 2024 3:33 am

xBulletproof wrote:
Nuntius wrote:

Difference to me is in game 1 I saw several shots he could have taken, there were a lot of creases in the defense he didn't take advantage of. Today there was 1 or 2. Anything more would have been forcing shots, which he just doesn't do. It's either there or it isn't for him, and he tries to make the right play.

Outside of game 1 he's taken most of the shots he's had available without forcing it. I get people saying he isn't aggressive enough, but people lose me when they say he is playing horribly or terrible. The last part just isn't true.

Agreed. Hali has definitely not been terrible, imo. But I understand why people are saying that. Hali was close to All-NBA this year so people are going to judge him as a superstar. And he definitely hasn't played to that level so far. Brunson has clearly been the best player in the series by a significant margin so, yeah, Hali will get criticized. And people do often go too far with their criticism and just say stuff that isn't accurate but that's the nature of it.
Mankind..."

- Agalloch

Return to The General Board