2024 NBA Playoffs: East Semifinals: #2 New York Knicks vs #6 Indiana Pacers (IND WINS 4-3)

Moderators: infinite11285, Domejandro, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77, cupcakesnake

Who wins GAME 7 and goes to the ECFs?

Knicks
33%
Pacers
67%

Total votes: 110

Najeem27
General Manager
And1: 2,793

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs: East Semifinals: #2 New York Knicks vs #6 Indiana Pacers (NYK leads 3-2) 

Post#5541 » by Najeem27 » Wed May 15, 2024 3:41 am

Spree2Houston wrote:
Read on Twitter

Divo locked him up and TJ.
ArksNetsSince99
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,431

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs: East Semifinals: #2 New York Knicks vs #6 Indiana Pacers (NYK leads 3-2) 

Post#5542 » by ArksNetsSince99 » Wed May 15, 2024 3:42 am

KnixtapeH20 wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:I think the Pacers have basically no shot at winning a Game 7 in MSG. They don't have it in them after this performance.

:o :o :o :o :o :o

:jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop:

Forgive my dear HB for having moments of weakness

He will be rejuvenated after Indiana wins game 6
KnixtapeH20
RealGM
And1: 16,497

Post#5543 » by KnixtapeH20 » Wed May 15, 2024 3:45 am

ArksNetsSince99 wrote:
KnixtapeH20 wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:I think the Pacers have basically no shot at winning a Game 7 in MSG. They don't have it in them after this performance.

:o :o :o :o :o :o

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
ChrisStudley
Sophomore
And1: 157

Post#5544 » by ChrisStudley » Wed May 15, 2024 3:45 am

Good game. So happy to see Knicks doing our thing again. Respect to Pacers fans.

No matter what happens next, I'm so goddamn proud of this team.

Oh and hey...

Where are all the foaming, weirdo trolls from game 4? I wanted to hear your opinions tonight. Is there an internet outage in New Jersey? Maybe where you're all from, you celebrate Mother's Day two days late. That's my best guess because you all seem oddly busy tonight. You good sons and daughters you.
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 93,321

Post#5545 » by Capn'O » Wed May 15, 2024 3:45 am

Nuntius wrote:
Capn'O wrote:
Nuntius wrote:
People were quick to say that the Knicks were done after game 4. They were also quick to say that Denver was done after the first two games.

Would the Knicks be the favorites in a potential game 7 in MSG? Yes, absolutely. They were the higher seed, they have the best player in the series, they have a kick-ass crowd and they are the more experienced team by far. We would definitely be a huge underdog if we managed to push it to 7.

That said, I do think that it is a bit too hasty to say that this Pacers team doesn't "have it in them". The fact is that this Pacers team hasn't been in such a situation before. The majority of this young group hasn't been so deep in the playoffs before. They haven't faced elimination before. They haven't had the chance to show whether they have it in them or not.

We're not talking about a team with a track record of folding in big games here. We're talking about a team who simply hasn't played in enough big games yet. A team who is just now taking a taste of what the post-season is about.

I just didn't know how Brunson would be. With him back at top speed, everything else fell into place.

Good luck. Should have a barnburner or two to finish it off.

I get it but I expected Brunson to be alright. It is obvious to me that his main issue is fatigue and wear and tear. He, and the rest of the Knicks, were absolutely gassed in game 4. Everything was short and they just couldn't physically give 120% like they usually do. But the fact that it was a blowout allowed them to rest a bit more and they definitely, definitely did not appreciate losing with that kind of margin. So, yeah, coming out gangbusters in game 5 wasn't surprising.

Of course, everything I said above is another byproduct of fandom. As a fan, you always prepare for the worst. You always expect your opponents to be alright and you're always worried that your players aren't going to be okay. It's the nature of fandom.

For sure. I just know Brunson wasn't right the last two games. Two days of rest is a favorable setup for us but y'all are resilient at home. See ya Friday.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
ChrisStudley
Sophomore

Post#5546 » by ChrisStudley » Wed May 15, 2024 3:47 am

Nuntius wrote:
xBulletproof wrote:
Nuntius wrote:
As you said, Haliburton is a natural playmaker. And as a natural playmaker, when he sees that his teammates are struggling his tendency is to try to get his teammates out of that funk. It's only when he sees that his teammates are clicking that he really feels comfortable to call his own number.

I do agree with you about Haliburting needing to be more aggressive, though.

Difference to me is in game 1 I saw several shots he could have taken, there were a lot of creases in the defense he didn't take advantage of. Today there was 1 or 2. Anything more would have been forcing shots, which he just doesn't do. It's either there or it isn't for him, and he tries to make the right play.

Outside of game 1 he's taken most of the shots he's had available without forcing it. I get people saying he isn't aggressive enough, but people lose me when they say he is playing horribly or terrible. The last part just isn't true.

Agreed. Hali has definitely not been terrible, imo. But I understand why people are saying that. Hali was close to All-NBA this year so people are going to judge him as a superstar. And he definitely hasn't played to that level so far. Brunson has clearly been the best player in the series by a significant margin so, yeah, Hali will get criticized. And people do often go too far with their criticism and just say stuff that isn't accurate but that's the nature of it.

I don't think Hali has been terrible -- I just think he might have struggles with being the #1 option in playoff basketball. He has all the heliocentric tools you want for reg season, but when things get tight and physical, I haven't seen the skills for him to consistently get buckets or create offense for others when he is being focused.

Moving McBride on him for ball denial threw him off from what I could see. I expect Pacers to adjust G6 and for him to have a bigger game.
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 93,321

Post#5547 » by Capn'O » Wed May 15, 2024 3:47 am

ChrisStudley wrote:Good game. So happy to see Knicks doing our thing again. Respect to Pacers fans.

Oh and hey...

Where are all the foaming, weirdo trolls from game 4? I wanted to hear your opinions tonight. Is there an internet outage in New Jersey? Maybe where you're all from, you celebrate Mother's Day two days late. That's my best guess because you all seem oddly busy tonight. You good sons and daughters you.

I'll give Hello Brooklyn one of my leftover, wilting roses for showing up tonight.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
Najeem27
General Manager
And1: 2,793

Post#5548 » by Najeem27 » Wed May 15, 2024 3:48 am

Hali was taunting divo saying he can’t guard me but he forgot about his 6pt game. Now divo brought him back to reality and even said “they need to stop acting tough”
ArksNetsSince99
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,431

Post#5549 » by ArksNetsSince99 » Wed May 15, 2024 3:49 am

KnixtapeH20 wrote:
ArksNetsSince99 wrote:
KnixtapeH20 wrote: :o :o :o :o :o :o

Actually thinking about it , someone hacked HB account 100%
DaGawd
RealGM
And1: 45,388

Post#5550 » by DaGawd » Wed May 15, 2024 3:54 am

ChrisStudley wrote:Good game. So happy to see Knicks doing our thing again. Respect to Pacers fans.

Oh and hey...

they get the game on tape delay in new jersey apparently
BaF
Washington Wizards
BrianInPhilly
Senior
And1: 823

Post#5551 » by BrianInPhilly » Wed May 15, 2024 3:58 am

It's weird to criticize Haliburton's offense in this game - Defense & rebounding did the Pacers in. Offensively they seemed to get looks to me, especially considering they had limited fastbreak opportunities.

Now even as a Haliburton fan I'm all for criticizing his defense, or even leadership. Those doubles on Brunson were so weak and did nothing. Pacers can string good stuff defensively but they suck at scrambling, doubling, rotating, basically the specifics/nuances of what defense is ... They were half-helping so much this game it was driving me insane - either stay home to your main or double, but the "in between" stuff made them out of rebounding position and the Knicks were toying with them.

That's mainly a coaching issue, but Haliburton as well as Siakim & Turner gotta step up as the leaders of the team and make sure everyone is on the same page defensively too.
jtan08
Ballboy
And1: 22

Post#5552 » by jtan08 » Wed May 15, 2024 4:04 am

heatwillbeback wrote:Jeez. Bad game but this is a bit much.

Read on Twitter

Hali deserved this criticism, hopefully he learn from it. Too much passiveness on his game will not make him superstar. I really believed he can do it if his aggressive, but he need to be consistent.
jtan08
Ballboy
And1: 22

Post#5553 » by jtan08 » Wed May 15, 2024 4:07 am

NYKnickerbocker wrote:Haliburton is to passive when things aren’t going well for his team. I know he’s a natural playmaker, but when your the #1 guy for your team, you gotta be more aggressive than he’s been especially when things aren’t going good for your squad

Exactly! good observation.
Luv those Knicks
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,443

Post#5554 » by Luv those Knicks » Wed May 15, 2024 4:08 am

BrianInPhilly wrote:It's weird to criticize Haliburton's offense in this game - Defense & rebounding did the Pacers in. Offensively they seemed to get looks to me, especially considering they had limited fastbreak opportunities.

Now even as a Haliburton fan I'm all for criticizing his defense, or even leadership. Those doubles on Brunson were so weak and did nothing. Pacers can string good stuff defensively but they suck at scrambling, doubling, rotating, basically the specifics/nuances of what defense is ... They were half-helping so much this game it was driving me insane - either stay home to your main or double, but the "in between" stuff made them out of rebounding position and the Knicks were toying with them.

That's mainly a coaching issue, but Haliburton as well as Siakim & Turner gotta step up as the leaders of the team and make sure everyone is on the same page defensively too.

That's Thib's specialty. That and running players into the ground.

What do Pacer fans think of coach Rick? I have to think that if Thibs was in Indy, he'd have them running tighter defenses. That and, they'd have never traded for Obi Toppin (nothing against Obi, but Thibs doesn't seem to like him much).
Now it's all about the off-season for my Knicks. (and rooting for Boston to crush Indiana).
RB34
RealGM
And1: 15,608

Post#5555 » by RB34 » Wed May 15, 2024 4:22 am

Wants Embiids spot.

[x]
Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=fZMiJXVZ8uunE_S3J4PM9g[/x]
DaGawd
RealGM
And1: 45,388

Post#5556 » by DaGawd » Wed May 15, 2024 4:28 am

RB34 wrote:Wants Embiids spot.

[x]
Read on Twitter

after brunson exudes excellence and shows us what a real superstar does in an important game this is what you choose to discuss? it got challenged and over turned any way
BaF
Washington Wizards
ChrisStudley
Sophomore

Post#5557 » by ChrisStudley » Wed May 15, 2024 4:34 am

[x]
Read on Twitter

This isn't a flop, it's actual contact created by Brunson in an attempt to get the ball.

It was overturned upon challenge, correctly called on Brunson, who was (based on my experience watching him) trying to body against his defender for separation but misjudged the space and committed a foul. It had no bearing on the result of the game.

Haters who care about proof deserve better than this. Normal fans deserve better too. You're definitely a fair fan so I'm super excited for you to post a compilation of all the illegal ball denial against Brunson that hasn't been called this postseason.
iLLmatic860
General Manager
And1: 15,806

Post#5558 » by iLLmatic860 » Wed May 15, 2024 5:06 am

[x]
Read on Twitter

Small Markets deserve a fair shot too. THIS IS DISGUSTING
cgf
RealGM
And1: 10,870

Post#5559 » by cgf » Wed May 15, 2024 5:26 am

ArksNetsSince99 wrote:
KnixtapeH20 wrote:
ArksNetsSince99 wrote:

Actually thinking about it , someone hacked HB account 100%

Checks out. How else does one explain him being right? :wink:
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Brunson: So what are you paid to do?
Hart: Run around like an idiot during the game and f*** s*** up!
cgf
RealGM
And1: 10,870

Post#5560 » by cgf » Wed May 15, 2024 5:28 am

[x]
Read on Twitter

Embiid wishes he was on Brunson's level. As a player, as a leader, and as a flopper 8-)
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Brunson: So what are you paid to do?
Hart: Run around like an idiot during the game and f*** s*** up!

Return to The General Board