Redraft 2022 - who are the top 10?

Moderators: infinite11285, Domejandro, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77, cupcakesnake

Who should have gone #1?

Chet
49%
Paolo
41%
Jalen W
7%
Sharpe
1%
Keegan
1%
Sochan
2%
Other
1%

Total votes: 152

lethalizer
Junior
And1: 305

Re: Redraft 2022 - who are the top 10? 

Post#61 » by lethalizer » Mon Feb 12, 2024 12:27 pm

basketballRob wrote:OKC and the Magic play Tuesday night. That should settle this argument.

Sent from my SM-G781U using RealGM mobile app

Pro-tip: Single games don't settle these kinda arguments. Otherwise you can make a case for Deron Williams over Chris Paul, which would make no sense at all.

Banchero had a horrific shooting night the last time these teams met, which already happened once this season by the way. That didn't settle any arguments as well.
byeganyo
Junior
And1: 133

Post#62 » by byeganyo » Mon Feb 12, 2024 12:44 pm

lethalizer wrote:
basketballRob wrote:Banchero had a horrific shooting night the last time these teams met, which already happened once this season by the way. That didn't settle any arguments as well.

20 pts on 19 shots is not great, but its hardly horrific.
And of course this game didnt prove anything, but was nice presentation of both players - Banchero more points on (slightly) worse efficiency, better playmaking, worse defence.
lethalizer
Junior

Post#63 » by lethalizer » Mon Feb 12, 2024 1:10 pm

byeganyo wrote:
lethalizer wrote:
basketballRob wrote:Banchero had a horrific shooting night the last time these teams met, which already happened once this season by the way. That didn't settle any arguments as well.

20 pts on 19 shots is not great, but its hardly horrific.
And of course this game didnt prove anything, but was nice presentation of both players - Banchero more points on (slightly) worse efficiency, better playmaking, worse defence.

I hope for both player's sake that it wasn't a representation of both players, as Banchero finished the night with 45.3 TS% and Chet was better but still miles below his season average at 53.6 TS%.

Orlando plays a defensive style of basketball, which can prove problems for opposing teams, and I actually admire their style of basketball.

I just avoid using single game sizes to settle any arguments. This isn't the NCAA. If Jalen Williams for instance shoots 44+ percent from three against every other team but only shoots poorly against the Magic, would he be less of a player? No.
ValvPiti
Freshman
And1: 35

Post#64 » by ValvPiti » Mon Feb 12, 2024 1:37 pm

LoveMyRaps wrote:
ValvPiti wrote:1. Jalen Williams
2. Chet
3. Banchero
4. Duren
5. Ivey/Kessler/Sharpe/Keegan/Jabari/Mathurin whatever idk. Mark Williams without injuries though

This is the best list I've seen in this thread.

Haha, thanks man!

Sometimes I feel like OKC looks better with Jalen running the show. And thats saying something when they have SGA who is legit top-5 player and I think, right now, is 2nd in MVP.. I absolutely love Jalen's game, he can basically do whatever you're asking him to on offence and defence. I feel Chet is more impactful and more crucial to the Thunder right now (given their strengths and weaknesses overall as a team), and I think his archetype is extremely important, but I think Jalen Williams will turn out to be the better overall player when its all said and done.

When it comes to Banchero (and trust me, I have seen lots of Magic games), I trust Jalen a lot more with the ball creating for himself and others. Banchero is a stud as well though obvious, but I cannot get enough of Jalen Williams' game and I'd rather ran the offence through him than Paolo. And from what I've seen, I honestly like Franz better as well, although that might be a bit irrelevant for this thread. Franz is a bit older though.. Orlando is definitely chilling if they can surround those two players which they currently are not cause their offence is stale as **** and quite unwatchable at times.

Anyways, why is Kessler not getting any more minutes? Im very curious because his numbers really jump out to me, and also, Im considering trading for him in my fantasy dynasty league atm. As a matter of fact, I have an offer on the table.. Any Jazz fans than can enlighten me? :D
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,953

Post#65 » by basketballRob » Mon Feb 12, 2024 1:57 pm

lethalizer wrote:
basketballRob wrote:OKC and the Magic play Tuesday night. That should settle this argument.

Pro-tip: Single games don't settle these kinda arguments. Otherwise you can make a case for Deron Williams over Chris Paul, which would make no sense at all.

Banchero had a horrific shooting night the last time these teams met, which already happened once this season by the way. That didn't settle any arguments as well.
The last time they played Orlando was on a Miami to OKC B2B.

BlzMwt
Rookie
And1: 1,041

Post#66 » by BlzMwt » Mon Feb 12, 2024 2:00 pm

ogmagicfan wrote:Paolo over Chet. Paolo has the legit potential to average 30/7/7 in a season in his prime

Only players to ever average that:

Oscar Robertson
MJ
Bron
Westbrook
Luka

Even if you think Chet will be better (which I don't buy into), he already has gone through one foot injury & is one more foot injury from being done for his career unfortunately

I've never seen someone say a player has potential to average something with such certainty, only to follow it up and say how unlikely it is due to only five players to have ever done it.

It kind of goes against your argument.

It also seems extremely optimistic to say with certainty that he will be able to increase his scoring by 7ppg doesn't it? What makes you think he has that much room for growth?
lethalizer
Junior

Post#67 » by lethalizer » Mon Feb 12, 2024 2:23 pm

basketballRob wrote:
lethalizer wrote:

The last time they played Orlando on was on a Miami to OKC B2B.

Glad you agree that single games doesn't settle these arguments.
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,953

Post#68 » by basketballRob » Mon Feb 12, 2024 3:16 pm

lethalizer wrote:
basketballRob wrote:
lethalizer wrote:

The last time they played Orlando on was on a Miami to OKC B2B.

Maybe we should let them play 3 years before we declare which player is better? Jdub is nearly 2 years older than Paolo, and Chet is 7 months older. Paolo is steadily improving, and I think after 3 years, we'll get a better idea of his impact.

orlando_joe
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,670

Post#69 » by orlando_joe » Mon Feb 12, 2024 3:31 pm

ValvPiti wrote:
LoveMyRaps wrote:
ValvPiti wrote:1. Jalen Williams
2. Chet
3. Banchero
4. Duren
5. Ivey/Kessler/Sharpe/Keegan/Jabari/Mathurin whatever idk. Mark Williams without injuries though

This is the best list I've seen in this thread.

Haha, thanks man!

Sometimes I feel like OKC looks better with Jalen running the show. And thats saying something when they have SGA who is legit top-5 player and I think, right now, is 2nd in MVP.. I absolutely love Jalen's game, he can basically do whatever you're asking him to on offence and defence. I feel Chet is more impactful and more crucial to the Thunder right now (given their strengths and weaknesses overall as a team), and I think his archetype is extremely important, but I think Jalen Williams will turn out to be the better overall player when its all said and done.

When it comes to Banchero (and trust me, I have seen lots of Magic games), I trust Jalen a lot more with the ball creating for himself and others. Banchero is a stud as well though obvious, but I cannot get enough of Jalen Williams' game and I'd rather ran the offence through him than Paolo. And from what I've seen, I honestly like Franz better as well, although that might be a bit irrelevant for this thread. Franz is a bit older though.. Orlando is definitely chilling if they can surround those two players which they currently are not cause their offence is stale as **** and quite unwatchable at times.

Anyways, why is Kessler not getting any more minutes? Im very curious because his numbers really jump out to me, and also, Im considering trading for him in my fantasy dynasty league atm. As a matter of fact, I have an offer on the table.. Any Jazz fans than can enlighten me? :D

franz is 4 months younger then williams not older? amost 2 yrs older then paolo,williams he is about to be 23?
ValvPiti
Freshman
And1: 35

Post#70 » by ValvPiti » Mon Feb 12, 2024 3:43 pm

Oh I mean I like Franz better than Paolo. But yeah, obviously these guys are older. All three of them great talents!
lethalizer
Junior

Post#71 » by lethalizer » Mon Feb 12, 2024 4:31 pm

basketballRob wrote:
lethalizer wrote:
basketballRob wrote:The last time they played Orlando on was on a Miami to OKC B2B.

Maybe we should let them play 3 years before we declare which player is better? Jdub is nearly 2 years older than Paolo, and Chet is 7 months older. Paolo is steadily improving, and I think after 3 years, we'll get a better idea of his impact.

We can also do that. But a 2022 redraft question is a viable one at this point, and you don't need to see a single game to settle that argument.

In fact, I'd find it hilarious. You do you though.
OrlMagic05
Sixth Man
And1: 1,068

Post#72 » by OrlMagic05 » Mon Feb 12, 2024 4:54 pm

LMAO all the Paolo hate. Paolo is leading the Magic while getting triple teamed EVERY NIGHT playing with a PG that cannot hit the side of a barn in Fultz, while Chet has arguably the best PG and possible MVP of the league on his team. Put Chet on the Magic and they would not be a top 7 team in the east right now.

The Rondo effect. Looks amazing with the cast he is with because he does not have to be the focal point on offense.
eyriq
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,584

Post#73 » by eyriq » Mon Feb 12, 2024 4:55 pm

61% have someone other than Paolo #1.
Jadoogar
RealGM
And1: 14,938

Post#74 » by Jadoogar » Mon Feb 12, 2024 5:04 pm

OrlMagic05 wrote:LMAO all the Paolo hate. Paolo is leading the Magic while getting triple teamed EVERY NIGHT playing with a PG that cannot hit the side of a barn in Fultz, while Chet has arguably the best PG and possible MVP of the league on his team. Put Chet on the Magic and they would not be a top 7 team in the east right now.

The Rondo effect. Looks amazing with the cast he is with because he does not have to be the focal point on offense.

again why do people get so offended over this? it's not "hate" to say he's the second best player in a pretty good draft.

Is it hate to say Hakeen Olajuwon is the second best player in his draft?
tmorgan
RealGM
And1: 7,120

Post#75 » by tmorgan » Mon Feb 12, 2024 5:05 pm

Those of you that are sure Duren is just another Drummond are officially on my “can’t trust you for analysis” list. It’s not even hard to find the differences if you make any effort at all.

Ok, first the similarities:

Center, Detroit, came into the league young (OAD players). Great rebounding numbers at a young age. Garbage men and lob catchers on offense early on. Defensive struggles early on, despite the occasional highlight block. Both have decent handles for a big.

Differences:
1) Drummond was huge in the legs and shoulders as a teenager. Freak athlete in that he moved well even though he was so big. Sort of like Shaq in that regard (just body type, don’t freak out, people).

Duren is also extremely athletic, but in a much leaner sense despite having a grown man’s physique as a teenager. More like, say, Kemp. He shouldn’t slow down as quickly as Drummond did as he ages (unless he eats like Kemp did). Rebounding style is different, too. Duren has glue hands. Drummond did a lot of attempted tip-ins.

2) Duren plays with ferocity. He tries to dunk everything. Drummond has this odd fascination with layups. If anything, Drummond should be better at dunking through people than Duren, because he’s huge. But that usually isn’t his game.

3) Duren can actually shoot, even if he isn’t doing much of it yet. Much better touch, as evidenced by his free throw percentage. Drummond shot under 40% from the line for his first five years, fixed it to some extent, and has shot between 50 and 60% since. Duren shot 61% as a rookie and is shooting 74% this year. Duren’s jumper looks smooth. I’m very confident he’ll have a high post game soon, with some hope he can go out even further over time.

4) The biggest difference, though, is attitude. Duren is a tireless worker with no visible ego. Drummond could never stay in his lane after his rookie year. He fought teammates for rebounds, talked about “his” team, and did so many things he just wasn’t good at. I think he was humbled and is now happy to be in the league as a role player, but he had multiple years where his head just wasn’t right.

I don’t know what Duren’s ceiling is. It depends on how his defense develops, mostly, because he’s still prone to mistakes and isn’t yet much of a help defender. Offensively, I think he has what it takes to score an efficient 20 ppg or a really efficient 16 ppg, depending on how he is used. He’ll lead the league in rebounding multiple times — but again, Drummond did that, and that isn’t enough to be a big impact player.

Guess we’ll see. I’d take him 4th in a redraft, based on what i’ve seen so far.
OrlMagic05
Sixth Man
And1: 1,068

Post#76 » by OrlMagic05 » Mon Feb 12, 2024 5:08 pm

Jadoogar wrote:
OrlMagic05 wrote:LMAO all the Paolo hate. Paolo is leading the Magic while getting triple teamed EVERY NIGHT playing with a PG that cannot hit the side of a barn in Fultz, while Chet has arguably the best PG and possible MVP of the league on his team. Put Chet on the Magic and they would not be a top 7 team in the east right now.

again why do people get so offended over this? it's not "hate" to say he's the second best player in a pretty good draft.

Because he is NOT the second best player in the draft.
Roger Murdock
RealGM
And1: 4,854

Post#77 » by Roger Murdock » Mon Feb 12, 2024 5:24 pm

If I were the Magic I’d much rather have Paolo than Chet because they have an amazing defense and need playmaking and 3 level scoring

If I were the Thunder I’d rather have Chet because they have playmaking and 3 level scoring and need size and defense and a complimentary offensive player

Both players strengths and weaknesses are wildly different. They have nothing in common except being high draft picks.
Jadoogar
RealGM
And1: 14,938

Post#78 » by Jadoogar » Mon Feb 12, 2024 5:28 pm

OrlMagic05 wrote:
Jadoogar wrote:

Because he is NOT the second best player in the draft.

lol it's so early in their careers so it's clearly debatable. To make an absolute statement is obviously just homerism.
One_and_Done
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,871

Post#79 » by One_and_Done » Mon Feb 12, 2024 6:45 pm

eyriq wrote:61% have someone other than Paolo #1.

I strongly considered Jalen Williams at #2.
Warspite wrote:Billups was a horrible scorer who could only score with an open corner 3 or a FT.
Jazz Dog
Jazz Forum GTS Commissioner
And1: 265

Post#80 » by Jazz Dog » Mon Feb 12, 2024 8:35 pm

With the trades at the deadline, I would expect his minutes to go up significantly. I would also keep an eye on Hendrixs as his usage goes up, can he produce though?

Return to The General Board