Kyrie doing Kyrie things

Moderators: infinite11285, Domejandro, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77, cupcakesnake

dirkforpres
RealGM
And1: 7,863

Re: Kyrie doing Kyrie things 

Post#61 » by dirkforpres » Fri Feb 23, 2024 4:48 pm

Dirk wrote:
Spoiler:
What does he have to do to get a whistle?

Its really bad. Like to a point where im actually stunned anytime he actually shoots free throws that arent in garbage time. The reffing has been really bad this year leaguewide.
FIRE JASON KIDD
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 65,059

Post#62 » by Duke4life831 » Fri Feb 23, 2024 4:53 pm

To me he still has the most aesthetically pleasing game in the NBA. Skill wise he is as good as they come and he doesnt cheat the game with any of the foul baiting stuff.

And like I said earlier in this thread, this Dallas team after the deadline is so damn good.

Luka and Kyrie have built up their chemistry and know how to play off of each other now. This is best cohesion Luka has had with his #2 option it seems like. Its not just a his turn my turn kind of thing. These guys flow pretty damn well together. I havent looked at their Net Rating for when they're on court together, but Im pretty sure its pretty damn good.

Dallas also has multiple athletic wings to defend on opposing wings. And they also solved their biggest hole, which was their 5 man rotation.

That is a very fun team to watch right now.
Archx
RealGM
And1: 8,229

Post#63 » by Archx » Fri Feb 23, 2024 4:56 pm

Duke4life831 wrote:Luka and Kyrie have built up their chemistry and know how to play off of each other now. This is best cohesion Luka has had with his #2 option it seems like. Its not just a his turn my turn kind of thing. These guys flow pretty damn well together. I havent looked at their Net Rating for when they're on court together, but Im pretty sure its pretty damn good.

From Zach Lowe.

The Mavs have scored 121 points per 100 possessions with Doncic and Irving on the floor, about equivalent to Boston's top-ranked offense. I'd bet on that number going up as Irving and Doncic deepen their chemistry.

And little extra..

Read on Twitter
Doranku
Analyst
And1: 6,181

Post#64 » by Doranku » Fri Feb 23, 2024 4:59 pm

He makes contact look too natural. He'll get blasted with a body foul and just gracefully bounce off the guy while somehow finessing a layup in. Meanwhile other guys in the league will fall over if it's too windy outside that day. It is what it is. Don't really want Kyrie foul-baiting with his injury history anyway.
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#65 » by Duke4life831 » Fri Feb 23, 2024 5:02 pm

Archx wrote:
Duke4life831 wrote:Luka and Kyrie have built up their chemistry and know how to play off of each other now. This is best cohesion Luka has had with his #2 option it seems like. Its not just a his turn my turn kind of thing. These guys flow pretty damn well together. I havent looked at their Net Rating for when they're on court together, but Im pretty sure its pretty damn good.

From Zach Lowe.

The Mavs have scored 121 points per 100 possessions with Doncic and Irving on the floor, about equivalent to Boston's top-ranked offense. I'd bet on that number going up as Irving and Doncic deepen their chemistry.

And little extra..

Read on Twitter

Ya that is not a duo I think anyone wants to see in the playoffs. Luka with a legit #2, Kyrie healthy and not checked out. Good luck with that haha. And again they actually got a legit rotation around them as well. Just hope everyone stays healthy for a playoff run.
Archx
RealGM
And1: 8,229

Post#66 » by Archx » Fri Feb 23, 2024 5:04 pm

Duke4life831 wrote:Just hope everyone stays healthy for a playoff run.

Exactly. I called them hospital Mavs this season :D They still miss Exum who was a huge part of their defense and rotation before he got injured.
Pharmcat
RealGM
And1: 19,075

Post#67 » by Pharmcat » Fri Feb 23, 2024 5:08 pm

Duke4life831 wrote:To me he still has the most aesthetically pleasing game in the NBA. Skill wise he is as good as they come and he doesnt cheat the game with any of the foul baiting stuff.

And like I said earlier in this thread, this Dallas team after the deadline is so damn good.

Luka and Kyrie have built up their chemistry and know how to play off of each other now. This is best cohesion Luka has had with his #2 option it seems like. Its not just a his turn my turn kind of thing. These guys flow pretty damn well together. I havent looked at their Net Rating for when they're on court together, but Im pretty sure its pretty damn good.

Dallas also has multiple athletic wings to defend on opposing wings. And they also solved their biggest hole, which was their 5 man rotation.

Kyrie is the greatest rim finisher in history of league
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#68 » by Duke4life831 » Fri Feb 23, 2024 5:14 pm

Archx wrote:
Duke4life831 wrote:Just hope everyone stays healthy for a playoff run.

Exactly. I called them hospital Mavs this season :D They still miss Exum who was a huge part of their defense and rotation before he got injured.

Ya and Kyrie seems to be a ticking time bomb for either an injury hits or he checks out mentally. Just from the few recent games Ive seen, I dont think the mentally checking out part will come (at least this year). So he just needs to stay healthy.
DonaldSanders
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,305

Post#69 » by DonaldSanders » Fri Feb 23, 2024 5:49 pm

My jaw dropped a few times watching Kyrie last night, but that's a normal Kyrie evening. New look Mavs are scary!
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,152

Post#70 » by Mr B » Fri Feb 23, 2024 5:52 pm

Duke4life831 wrote:To me he still has the most aesthetically pleasing game in the NBA. Skill wise he is as good as they come and he doesnt cheat the game with any of the foul baiting stuff.

The two of them combined to generate almost 100 points (points and assists) last night against the Suns. They have been doing this together since Kyrie came back from injury. They also haven’t lost during that time.
zero rings
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,536

Post#71 » by zero rings » Fri Feb 23, 2024 6:14 pm

It's still crazy to me how the Mavs got him for a first-round pick and some spare parts. This guy is every bit as a good as Donovan Mitchell when he's healthy, and he went for a tiny fraction of the cost.

What a steal by the Mavs.
mademan
RealGM
And1: 28,612

Post#72 » by mademan » Fri Feb 23, 2024 6:35 pm

zero rings wrote:It's still crazy to me how the Mavs got him for a first-round pick and some spare parts. This guy is every bit as a good as Donovan Mitchell when he's healthy, and he went for a tiny fraction of the cost.

What a steal by the Mavs.

Suns made a passing offer for him before KD demanded out. Imagine Kyrie/Book/Bridges with the ability to spend the picks on the frontcourt instead of throwing Bridges and all the picks at KD? Suns wouldve been favs imo. Kyrie's a top 10-15 talent and they got him for a single 1st and a role player...wild
Dirk
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 36,931

Post#73 » by Dirk » Fri Feb 23, 2024 6:36 pm

60/21/10
dygaction
Head Coach
And1: 4,556

Post#74 » by dygaction » Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:46 pm

Feb Kyrie: 7w-0l; 27p/5.6r/5.9a/1.1s with .58/.46/.73 shooting

Why only .73 ft%, you may ask? His free throw touch is getting COLD.
Career wise, Kyrie has 18.3FGA and 4.3FTA. The 23.7% FGA/FTA ratio is lowest for players with >20ppg. Not this season, not this age, but in the past 75 years.

;ab_channel=ChazNBA
;pp=ygUKa3lyaWUgc3Vucw%3D%3D
ChumboChappati
Junior
And1: 255

Post#75 » by ChumboChappati » Sat Feb 24, 2024 1:18 am

I am seeing a lot of your turn, my turn things with Luka and Kyrie.
dygaction
Head Coach
And1: 4,556

Post#76 » by dygaction » Sat Feb 24, 2024 2:01 am

ChumboChappati wrote:

I am seeing a lot of your turn, my turn things with Luka and Kyrie.

There are going to be a lot of your turn my turn things regardless. Two of the most talented and efficient one-on-one players, one likely has GOAT handles and the other has goat level handle for his size. Happen both are elite and willing passers.
Dirk
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#77 » by Dirk » Fri Mar 22, 2024 11:16 am

60/21/10
Dirk
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#78 » by Dirk » Sat Mar 30, 2024 2:11 pm

4Q Kyrie
60/21/10
Dirk
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#79 » by Dirk » Sun Apr 7, 2024 11:17 pm

Watch the fourth quarter.

60/21/10
AlexanderRight
Senior
And1: 787

Post#80 » by AlexanderRight » Mon Apr 8, 2024 2:05 am

Who's going to be their long term wing perimeter defender? It looks like that's all they need.

Return to The General Board