A Conglomeration Of Post Mortems!

Moderators: infinite11285, Domejandro, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77, cupcakesnake

Which 2 of these 10 eliminated teams have the best 3 year future?

Pelicans
3%
Kings
3%
Bucks
3%
Sixers
2%
Heat
1%
Magic
10%
Cavs
1%
Thunder
47%
Knicks
11%
Nuggets
20%

Total votes: 109

Black Jack
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,492

Re: A Conglomeration Of Post Mortems! 

Post#61 » by Black Jack » Tue May 14, 2024 10:25 pm

GiannisAnte34 wrote:
Black Jack wrote:
GiannisAnte34 wrote:
Hahahaha, sure they do. What you're describing is more of a package for an aging Curry than a 30 year old top 3 player.

A top 3 player with frequent injury issues is not enough to contend. He needs to start load managing and the roster lacks wing defense among other issues.

Personally I think MIL is trapped with no way to add enough wing defense, and aging pieces around Giannis but that’s why they play the games.

ah yes a "frequently" injured player that plays more than 60 games every single season of his career with usage off the charts and a handful of seasons playing 80+ games

what a joke just stop talking

He's going to spend the next 5 years over exerting himself in the rs then breaking down in the po's. He needs to be with a franchise that doesn't worship at his alter and will force him to go on minutes restriction to have a chance at being healthy for the stretch run.

Dude is the Thibs of players.
Rest in peace Kobe & Gianna

my response to KD critics: https://tinyurl.com/tlgc6bf
GiannisAnte34
Starter
And1: 1,868

Post#62 » by GiannisAnte34 » Tue May 14, 2024 11:02 pm

Black Jack wrote:
GiannisAnte34 wrote:
Black Jack wrote:
A top 3 player with frequent injury issues is not enough to contend. He needs to start load managing and the roster lacks wing defense among other issues.

Personally I think MIL is trapped with no way to add enough wing defense, and aging pieces around Giannis but that’s why they play the games.

ah yes a "frequently" injured player that plays more than 60 games every single season of his career with usage off the charts and a handful of seasons playing 80+ games

He's going to spend the next 5 years over exerting himself in the rs then breaking down in the po's. He needs to be with a franchise that doesn't worship at his alter and will force him to go on minutes restriction to have a chance at being healthy for the stretch run.

Coach Bud did this with him though. Main reason for the over exertion is Middleton missing so many games
Black Jack
Assistant Coach

Post#63 » by Black Jack » Tue May 14, 2024 11:04 pm

GiannisAnte34 wrote:
Black Jack wrote:
GiannisAnte34 wrote:

Coach Bud did this with him though. Main reason for the over exertion is Middleton missing so many games

I think we're seeing the Knicks key players like Brunson and OG breaking down because of this principle where teams stretch guys to the max to win now. It just doesn't work too well unless your goal is to win one ring and then have guys fall apart.

knicksstuff
Sophomore
And1: 298

Post#64 » by knicksstuff » Fri May 17, 2024 3:58 pm

Black Jack wrote:
GiannisAnte34 wrote:
Black Jack wrote:

I think we're seeing the Knicks key players like Brunson and OG breaking down because of this principle where teams stretch guys to the max to win now. It just doesn't work too well unless your goal is to win one ring and then have guys fall apart.

Brunson wasn't even in the top 15 MPG and OG just had 2 months off cause of an elbow injury. Who else would you want Thibs to play during this run when hes out 4 rotation players? You rather them just lose the games instead of competing?
Harry Palmer
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,601

Post#65 » by Harry Palmer » Fri May 17, 2024 11:46 pm

Anyone got any kind of feel for how much/little Zion can be counted on to play moving forward? I know this was his healthiest season, and that might mean the arrow is heading in the right direction, but I think even with this year he’s averaging ~ 40 something games a year over his career?
All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.

-Arthur Schopenhauer
tsherkin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,181

Post#66 » by tsherkin » Sat May 18, 2024 11:44 am

Harry Palmer wrote:Anyone got any kind of feel for how much/little Zion can be counted on to play moving forward? I know this was his healthiest season, and that might mean the arrow is heading in the right direction, but I think even with this year he’s averaging ~ 40 something games a year over his career?

36.8, if you include the full missed season. 46 if you do not.

24, 61, 0, 29 and 70 games played.
ontnut
RealGM
And1: 8,128

Post#67 » by ontnut » Sat May 18, 2024 10:30 pm

If fully healthy, the Bucks have the best chance to win a chip in the next 3 years, so I'd take them. The problem is health, and with their entire core on the wrong side of 30, and Giannis approaching it, health is not likely to improve. They also have no picks left and their peripheral players are not attractive to teams in trade. Like, nobody wants Middleton at his price.

So with that being said, I think the 76ers have an interesting chance to be that next team up. With the most reliable young star of the bunch (can't rely on Zion, and I'm not sold on Fox), The second best player overall in Embiid, and a ton of cap space, they have a chance to create a 3 year window before Embiid inevitably disintegrates.

The Bulls are probably the worst off, of the bunch.
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,957

Post#68 » by basketballRob » Sun May 19, 2024 1:43 am

The Magic have $40m to spend and 5 1st round picks over the next 3 years.

Sent from my SM-G781U using RealGM Forums mobile app
bisme37
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 58,355

Post#69 » by bisme37 » Mon May 20, 2024 4:37 pm

I'm going to change the poll to include the 5 teams with the most votes and the 5 teams that got eliminated after the poll was made.

Here is a screenshot of the original voting results:

jkvonny
Head Coach
And1: 5,884

Re: A Conglomeration Of Post Mortems! (New poll, get your votes in!) 

Post#70 » by jkvonny » Mon May 20, 2024 8:41 pm

Leaders of the current poll as of now are the Thunder (50% of the votes) and Kings (21% of the votes) .
Camby_Bamby
Ballboy
And1: 38

Post#71 » by Camby_Bamby » Mon May 20, 2024 8:57 pm

Somebody checkup on jkvonny. Is he good. Lol. Jk
Slimjimzv
Junior
And1: 342

Post#72 » by Slimjimzv » Mon May 20, 2024 9:11 pm

ChiTownHero1992 wrote:Pelicans by a wide margain then Kings and Heat afterwards. No one else even close to them.

Why don't you think the Thunder even qualify?
Slimjimzv
Junior
And1: 342

Post#73 » by Slimjimzv » Mon May 20, 2024 9:15 pm

GiannisAnte34 wrote:
Black Jack wrote:
GiannisAnte34 wrote:
who has the assets to trade fairly for Giannis? even OKC I don't see a reasonable deal that both sides walk away satisfied

Not that OkC would do it but Chet, another young player and picks is fair for Giannis.

I guess OKC, Utah, Rockets, maybe Hawks types have the assets.

Be more specific about “another young player and picks”

Nat that this trade makes much sense for the Thunder since it strips their depth (and Chet has a very bright future), but I'd have to think the Bucks would take a HARD look at Chet, Wallace, Joe, the #12 pick this year, and a future first for Giannis.
GiannisAnte34
Starter

Post#74 » by GiannisAnte34 » Mon May 20, 2024 9:32 pm

Slimjimzv wrote:
GiannisAnte34 wrote:
Black Jack wrote:
Not that OkC would do it but Chet, another young player and picks is fair for Giannis.

I guess OKC, Utah, Rockets, maybe Hawks types have the assets.

Nat that this trade makes much sense for the Thunder since it strips their depth (and Chet has a very bright future), but I'd have to think the Bucks would take a HARD look at Chet, Wallace, Joe, the #12 pick this year, and a future first for Giannis.

I wouldnt think twice to keep Giannis for that offer. Top 3 players are extremely rare to land on a small market franchise

Look at the packages that PG13 and Gobert got... Surely prime Giannis is a player worth more
jkvonny
Head Coach

Post#75 » by jkvonny » Mon May 20, 2024 10:20 pm

Camby_Bamby wrote:Somebody checkup on jkvonny. Is he good. Lol. Jk

:lol: :peace:
jkvonny
Head Coach

Post#76 » by jkvonny » Mon May 20, 2024 10:22 pm

Slimjimzv wrote:
ChiTownHero1992 wrote:Pelicans by a wide margain then Kings and Heat afterwards. No one else even close to them.

That was an old post from him.

Thunder were just recently added to the poll, eliminated from the playoffs.
ChiTownHero1992
Veteran
And1: 1,595

Post#77 » by ChiTownHero1992 » Mon May 20, 2024 10:41 pm

Slimjimzv wrote:

The Thunder were not part of the original poll as they made it to the second round. The new poll, yes, i'd say Thunder by a good margain at this point.
Black Jack
Assistant Coach

Post#78 » by Black Jack » Tue May 21, 2024 12:14 am

GiannisAnte34 wrote:
Slimjimzv wrote:
GiannisAnte34 wrote:

I wouldnt think twice to keep Giannis for that offer. Top 3 players are extremely rare to land on a small market franchise

Look at the packages that PG13 and Gobert got... Surely prime Giannis is a player worth more

I like drafting and retiring superstars on one team so I get it. That said on purely hoops terms this year things were looking iffy. The East is weak though so if you guys have good health you could land back in the finals next year. Anyway you have a puncher's chance so that's good.

I do think a Chet plus prospects and picks package is good value for a possibly injury prone Giannis though.

GiannisAnte34
Starter

Post#79 » by GiannisAnte34 » Tue May 21, 2024 12:31 am

Black Jack wrote:
GiannisAnte34 wrote:
Slimjimzv wrote:

I like drafting and retiring superstars on one team so I get it. That said on purely hoops terms this year things were looking iffy. The East is weak though so if you guys have good health you could land back in the finals next year. Anyway you have a puncher's chance so that's good.

I do think a Chet plus prospects and picks package is good value for a possibly injury prone Giannis though.

you're calling tails Giannis is injury prone and I'm calling heads Giannis is one of the most durable superstars still in his prime. if I'm right then Chet plus rando starters and a couple 1sts is weak value
Black Jack
Assistant Coach

Post#80 » by Black Jack » Tue May 21, 2024 12:40 am

GiannisAnte34 wrote:
Black Jack wrote:
GiannisAnte34 wrote:

you're calling tails Giannis is injury prone and I'm calling heads Giannis is one of the most durable superstars still in his prime. if I'm right then Chet plus rando starters and a couple 1sts is weak value

so what's a reasonable package for the freak

Return to The General Board